A New Hope ☀ Discussion Thread ☀ Not Accepting

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: A New Hope | Discussion Thread | O&A

Postby Cradily » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Aww that's true. Hopefully it doesn't affect any of us too bad! It's good to get some time off but not so much that you can't afford things.

That's fine by me! If nobody else wants to make the third kit by the time they're about to be born I'll make it, but I want to give others a chance first.

Southstar just got his prophecy so I'm pretty much ready to skip whenever you guys are!
Cradily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animals65 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:35 am

I forgot to add my opinion on the StarClan section so I better add it now before I forget! LOL! I think the StarClan section is pretty creative and fun to have in case people want to add certain cats into his/her character's backstory in order to make everything accurate. I have seen some rp owners do require people to do that with their character's backstories in the past!
PLEASE DONT LET MY DRAGONS DIE!Image
Animals65

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C a s » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:24 am

@animals, I'm not going to require it, but I think it's super fun and will absolutely add any characters that anyone wants to have listed! Some people have already PMd me theirs, and I love seeing them. c: Also, I think it's just nice to have for reference.

Well, it's timeskip time! Very exciting! <3 I'll finish updating the front, but right now, time for the intro post so that we can continue roleplaying. After I make this post, we can start the day two moons from now. Without further ado...

Prophecy Prologue
A dark gray tabby peered down from the branch he sat on. Atop his perch, he watched as the cats cleared from the abandoned camp, the scent of both Clans wafting up to him. It was different, strange to him; his pelt carried a thick earthen scent, ragged and patchy. His eyes were slits as if the moonlight were too bright for him. As the Clans fled back to their homes, he smirked. Not long now. The leaped down once it was finally clear, wrinkling his nose at the scent that, while familiar, he found disgusting. They'll get what's coming to them.
It wasn't long before the tom disappeared from the clearing. He had stalked back to his dark, light-less home. His eyes readjusted to the pitch-black, and soon he could make out a thin, dark-pelted queen. Her eyes glittered in the dark as she watched him. She kicked dirt over something - her dung or a picked-clean carcass, the tom wasn't sure - and padded towards him. Her eyes, the brightest thing in the den, shone questioningly. Her voice was soft and elegant, matching her movements.
"And?" Her only word was a question to him.
"Not long now. We must bide our time, though. There are many of them."
The queen stared at him for a moment longer before nodding slowly. "There will be more. She still owes us, after all."
The tom narrowed his eyes. "She does," he agreed. "I don't trust her, though. Her...type. She reeks of fur-less Longwalkers, plump from their food. She's not our type."
The queen paused. Her eyes seemed to be cutting into him now; not even narrowed, though still he could see something dangerous behind them. She lashed out, her claws slicing across his cheek. The tom recoiled in pain.
"Idiot," she spat at him. "You have no reason to doubt. I don't care about her. The kits will be raised here. That's all that matters. Are you really going to distrust me?"
The tom straightened back up. Blood trickled from his cheek, running down his muzzle to the earthy, worn floor. His wounds stung.
"I'm sorry," he choked out, biting his tongue. "Your word is law, Huntress."
The dark queen seemed to relax. She peered past him, the way he had come. His claws sank into the earth beneath him. He felt fear.
"Not long now," Huntress spoke, echoing his own thoughts and words. "Not long now..."

Outsider News
Honey has given birth to three tom-kits: Axel, Fawn, and Thunder. They have opened their eyes and are beginning to explore their surroundings.

Things have been on a downward spiral for OakClan. During the half-moon, the medicine cats met with StarClan and discussed the prophecy the Clan leaders and medicine cats were given. The stars warned them that danger was coming in the vague way that they love so much, and no new information was revealed during the second half-moon. The Clan is on guard. A cat has been found dead on the moor-side of the territory, brutally murdered in the same way that the ginger cat the patrol found was. The deceased are: Fallenstone. The Clan has not yet been informed of the prophecy.
It is now mid leaf-bare, and prey is scarce. The first snow has fallen, and the weather it cold. The fresh-kill pile has been deepened and packed with snow, and warriors work every day to keep it as full as possible. Disease has not started to spread yet, but it will soon, as the weather brings cold and there are new kits in the nursery that could easily fall ill.
Sunflare and Creamflower's litter has been born: two kits, Dustkit and Poppykit. There are no new apprentices. Splashpaw has been named a warrior, becoming Splashfeather.

EagleClan has received the same information during the half-moon as OakClan, with nothing helpful being given. Two cats have disappeared during the last moon: Frostbriar and Cloverpaw. Sunrises after their disappearances, their bodies were found near the edges of the territory, torn about by whatever killed them. It seems as if the bodies were dumped there for the Clan to find, which has been stirring rumors and trouble. The Clan has not yet been informed of the prophecy. Frostbriar was killed only yesterday, leaving behind his apprentice, Blazepaw, to be reassigned a mentor.
It is now mid leaf-bare, and prey is hard to find on EagleClan territory. The Clan is struggling to feed itself with the snow on the ground, despite packing the fresh-kill pile and trying to preserve what they can. Many cats are going hungry. Southstar is handling the situation and trying to keep his Clan calm during this time of danger and hunger.
There are several new apprentices in EagleClan. The mentor assignments are as follows:
Goldenrose → Wolfpaw
Browntail → Blossompaw
Reedwhisker → Hornetpaw
Acornspots → Rustypaw
Nightwish → Gingerpaw
TBA → Blazepaw
Quiverpaw has been named a warrior, becoming Quiverheart. Foxcloud has moved to the nursery, pregnant with Deertail's kits.
C a s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CJClaire » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:34 am

omg things are really ramping up!!! i'm so excited for everything to come!!!

Yay Splashfeather and Quiverheart!!!

also WOW that's a LOT of apprentices EagleClan
Hi! I'm CJ! I use she/her pronouns. I'm an adult.
I play ice hockey!
i'm working on publishing a YA urban fantasy novel, and am looking for beta readers, lmk if you are interested :3

toyhou.se
artfight
Art Shop
art instagram
CJClaire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tainted~Wings » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:32 am

I’m happy that goldenrose gets a new youngin to teach considering the disappearance/death of cloverpaw I’m excited For this
Tainted~Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animals65 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:35 am

@Cas Wow that was A LOT to read! LOL!
PLEASE DONT LET MY DRAGONS DIE!Image
Animals65

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby __PawPrints__ » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:46 am

Hi! I'm back!! I can't wait for everything to start back up except now I've knocked out both of my characters for awhile so I may just be chilling silently for a bit.
__PawPrints__

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C a s » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:50 am

You can bring them back, no worries, feel free to jump right in! The skip didn't happen until yesterday, so you haven't missed very much. Glad you're back <3
C a s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stormythecloud » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:41 am

Yeah, Bearpaw hasn't been discovered that she had even left camp yet since Beestar and Blizzardclaw were deciding on patrols. As Cas stated we only did do the time skip now.
    Though it seems like everyone mostly has noticed Streamspot asleep and not feeling well.
stormythecloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bronzewing » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:06 am

Lostnight would be kind of confused about Elm having a crush on him, but go ahead!
❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
ᴍʏ ᴛᴏʏʜᴏᴜ.ꜱᴇ
ꜰʟɪɢʜᴛ ʀɪꜱɪɴɢ
sᴇᴍɪ-ʟɪᴛ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
ᴅᴍ ᴍᴇ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ
ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ!
ɪ ᴍɪꜱꜱ ꜰᴏʀᴜᴍ ᴘᴏꜱᴛꜱ
ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕝 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℂ𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 ->
none of the images in the Collection belong to me
❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

Bronzewing

My pets