Witches, Wands, and Wizards - An HP RP [Discussion Thread]

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: Witches, Wands, and Wizards - An HP RP [Discussion Threa

Postby ptolemaea » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Sorry for being out everyone, I was really busy. Hope I can still be in the roleplay :/
๐˜ช ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆโ€™๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฆ
โŽฏ โŽฏ โŽฏ โŽฏ โŽฏ โŽฏ โŽฏ โŽฏ โ˜†
she/her / capricorn / est
ptolemaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:05 pm

^^ Yep! It's perfectly fine c:
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chamrosh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:36 pm

@WitchHazel
    Sorry for not replying sooner! I'd definitely be up for Killian + Zoe interactions~
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

W,W&W - Atticus LaVigne - Form

Postby Chamrosh » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:27 am

General Information
    Full name: Atticus Carmello LaVigne
    Nicknames (if any): His mum calls him Atty, though overall he doesn't accept many nicknames.
    Birthday: 13th November
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Blood Type (pureblood, mixblood, etc.): Pureblood

Appearance
    Height: Atticus is a little taller than average for his age, but certainly not by anything that makes his height unusual.
    Build: Fairly muscularly built, with a heavy built- or at least, that will be the case once he's through puberty. At the moment his muscular build is more just not gangly.
    Skin Type: A dark tan, thanks to his dad being from the South of France
    Hair Colour and Style:Dark brown, and just long enough to be able to look unruly in the wrong conditions. It's normally kept as neat as he can manage, at least in the morning,
    as it gets untidy very easily.

Eye Shape and Colour:He has fairly deep-set eyes, which are mostly a very dark brown with slight amber flecks in.
    Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks (if any): Has a large bite mark on one leg,
    and lots of small scars from spending too much time with magical creatures.

Digging Deeper
    Personality: Atticus is normally incredibly gentle and kind, and almost a push-over to anyone who wants anything from him. Although he seems to never bear grudges, his anger is entirely evident in how vicious a beater he can be.
    Atticus is incredibly loyal to those he cares about, and loves meeting new people. He's obviously a pack person to anyone who meets him. He doesn't mind being alone, but he much prefers being with other people, which often leads to other people being in as much trouble as him for his antics.
    Atticus loves magical creatures- really, creatures of any kind- and has got into a lot of trouble by continually sneaking into the Forbidden Forest in order to see them over his few years at Hogwarts. He tends to see anything as cute, even things which are very obviously dangerous. He intends to become either a magizoologist or composer when he's older (he's not entirely sure yet); after fighting for equality for magical creatures with equal intelligence to humans, of-course.
    For a Hufflepuff, he's incredibly secretive. Atticus is a bit of a jack-of-all-trades in academic subjects, where he doesn't come near the top of the class but he's normally a little above average.
    Atticus plays viola in the school orchestra, and gets the typical amount of teasing from that from the other players that viola players can expect. He has an uncanny ability to recognise body language, which makes working in a group very easy for him. He's fascinated with muggle culture, and often criticises other pure bloods for not bothering to learn about muggles. He's also pretty good at speaking French, due to his paternal grandparents refusing to speak English.

Likes: Meeting new people, magical creatures- to be honest, most creatures, learning about muggle technology, trying to convince other purebloods in lower years that muggle 'magic' is actually magic, music, essays, working in a group, playing as beater, nature, being outdoors, swimming.
    Dislikes: Potions, Professor Binns, the full moon, coursework which doesn't involve teamwork, purebloods thinking they're superior, purebloods ignoring muggle culture, ties, exams.
    Fears: People finding out he's a werewolf, forgetting his potions, getting seen as dangerous, being rejected by friends, the full moon.
    History: Atticus' father worked in muggle/wizard relations (specifically in acclimatizing muggle-borns to the wizarding world), and his mother worked as a teacher for wizards in an informal "school". When Atticus was quite small, an extremist who believed that muggles were worthless, and that muggles and wizards should have no contact set a werewolf after his family in an attack. His parents avoided getting bitten, and his brother put up a good attempt to help his brother out, but Atticus still got bitten. He's been dealing with lycanthropy ever since he was very small as a result.
    Luckily for Atticus, one of his uncles was pretty good at potions, so he's always had access to the Wolfsbane potion. He was a little better than most in school, even with his monthly absences, and taught with his mum as his teacher. He's not officially registered with the ministry; instead his parents sent an owl directly to Hogwarts so he could access the potions he needed.

Personal Relationships
    Parents: Cyril LaVigne (Father), Demelza LaVigne (Mother)
    Siblings (if any): Ivor (Older Brother, Slytherin, I'm okay with people wanting to play him, I kind of imagine him like the Weasley twins, but wanting to be a healer in a children's ward at St Mungo's, instead of owning a joke shop.)
    Friends: Quite a few, mostly in Hufflepuff with him.
    Enemies: Those who look down on Hufflepuffs.
    Crush/Significant Other: NA
    Pets: He has a cat named Amadea after W.A. Mozart. She's very soft furred (even if her fur is quite short) in a broken spotted pattern.

School Information
    House: Hufflepuff
    Year: 3rd Year
    Title (Quidditch Player, Prefect, etc.): Beater
    Favourite Class: Care of Magical Creatures and Muggle Studies. Although he doesn't like Potions, he is pretty good at it and puts a lot of effort into it.
    Least Favourite Class: History of Magic.

Magic Information
    Wand Appearance: Slender and with a delicate tapering. It's extremely straight, with a sort of criss-cross grid pattern over it.
    Wand Wood: Chestnut
    Wand Core: Dragon Heartstring
    Wand Flexibility: Slightly flexible
    Wand Length: 13" and 3/4
    Patronus: African Wild Dog
    Boggart: A full moon (and if it's getting really bad, a crowd who can see its effects).

Other: Atticus is a werewolf, although he's not particularly dangerous even at the full moon, thanks to the Wolfsbane potion. I'm going by the book description for werewolves, because there's really no reason why the film version would be referred to as wolves and not Sphinx cats (given they have about as much hair as sphinx cats in the films, while in the book how to tell werewolves apart from normal wolves is worth a whole chapter of a textbook). Character Form
Last edited by Chamrosh on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:43 am

Accepted!

Generally speaking, the books are the go-to for anything differing between books and movies in this RP.

Plus I like the werewolves in the books much better - they change into actual four-legged wolves instead of weird nearly hairless creatures. I agree, they do bear more resemblance to Sphynx cats than to wolves.
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chamrosh » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:55 am

@Witch
    Yeah, I'd say by default go with the books. I mean, if you do otherwise for some fandoms by which I mean Percy Jackson you get a rubbishy nonsensical mess.
    And it seems really weird in the film that Snape had to set an essay on how to identify werewolves even though the werewolf is about as obvious as at all possible. Like, a guy who didn't even know werewolves existed would still assume it was dangerous and avoid it, just because they might think it has really bad mange and you might contract it.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImogenEquine » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:55 am

I just wanted to ask a few things, if that's alright:
-how active is this rp? (I'm scared of having one become inactive as soon as I join oops)
-what pets are allowed? (only the regular ones listed in the book?)
-may my character be a metamorphmagus?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by ImogenEquine on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
you don't have to say 'I love you' to say 'I love you'

my poor mental health is a WIP, much like this sig
feel free to pm me to chat or anything c:

โ € โ €โ € artist โ™˜ d&d player โ™˜ sapphic โ™˜ adopts โ €โ €โ € Image
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € (my goodness, I hope to own a cinnamon roll some day)
โ € โ €โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € Image
ImogenEquine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:10 pm

^^ we've been very active over the past couple of day; I don't expect that to change soon.
As for pets, I'd say go nuts. All of the book pets are allowed, as well as any other small animals such as lizards, hedgehogs, ferrets, and snakes; maybe even a fox or small dog. And of course there are the magical pets - kneazles, nifflers, and pygmy puffs, to name a few. You are also perfectly welcome to have an illegal pet, such as a dragon or acromantula, just so long as you start off with no one knowing about it.
Metamorphmagus? Sure!

On mobile right now; I'll reply on the rp thread as soon as I get home. c:
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampire Slayer » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:41 pm

General Information
Full name: Ari J Wilson
Nicknames (if any):
Birthday: April 15th
Sexuality: Homosexual
Blood Type (pureblood, mixblood, etc.): Pureblood

Appearance
Height: 5'7
Build: Lanky and lean build
Skin Type: Olive
Hair Colour and Style: Chocolate brown curls
Eye Shape and Colour: almond eyes, green in color
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks (if any): N/A

Digging Deeper
Personality: Ari presents himself as a quick witted and energetic person, he is always on the go, ready to spring into action. He always is out to find something new and finds great excitement in exploring. He has a tough facade when tired, and likes to appear as confident and full of energy as possible. Ari will often find himself in tough situations and he often will act quickly and without much thought, this can either be seen as courageousness or stupid but to him it is the smartest idea in that moment. Despite current events, he manages to keep an enthusiastic look on the world and will throw in jokes whenever he can fit on in. To some this is his worst trait, as many of the jokes are ill timed and rude, Ari still remains fairly confident in himself even if others don't enjoy his company. Being an Aries, he is quick witted and always ready to fire off on someone, making him appear to be quick to action and maybe a bit of a hot head, he enjoys his snide remarks though. As mentioned, Ari is impulsive and quick-tempered, he gets fired up fast and is very quick to throw blame around, that comes from being belittled as a child. He can come off as selfish, as in the beginning, he would rather be on his own than around the others. He likes being a bit of a dare devil, always doing things others wouldn't dare. Overall he comes off as a cocky, over confident head of curls who likes to pick a fight, get to know him and you might find out that the majority of it is all for show, to hide up his insecurities.
Likes: Reading under the blanket at night, walking through the grounds after hours, chocolate frogs.
Dislikes: Being bothered, too many people in one place.
Fears: Drowning, dying before accomplishing anything in life
History: His family is a group of purebloods who have been prepping him for Hogwarts all his life, he has a heavy legacy on his shoulders and could care less.

Personal Relationships
Parents: Thomas Wilson and Savanna Wilson are his parents, both fairly esteemed wizards.
Siblings (if any): N/A
Friends: He has a few friends in Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, he has yet to get used to Gryffindors
Enemies: Anyone cocky enough to bother him honestly.
Crush/Significant Other: N/A
Pets: He has a lovely Raven, it isn't a typical pet allowed at Hogwarts but he begged and acceptions were made. The birds name is Louis and they are good friends.

School Information
House: Slytherin
Year: 5th year
Title (Quidditch Player, Prefect, etc.): N/A
Favourite Class: He loves Care of Mythical Creatures as animals are much more enjoyable than people.
Least Favourite Class: Muggle studies, he doesn't dislike Muggles, but he just doesn't care.

Magic Information
Wand Appearance: A gorgeous dark wooded and slender wand with an intricate patterns etched into it.
Wand Wood: Rowan Wood
Wand Core: Dragon Heart-string
Wand Flexibility: semi flexible
Wand Length: 12 1/2 inches
Patronus: He has a Thestral! As he is one of the few who can see them and as bonded with the creatures well.
Boggart: A faceless humanoid creature. He is afraid of the unknown.

Other:

But that's none of my business...

Vampire Slayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Accepted!
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me