[Discussion] PMD - Protectors of SilverKeep [Pokemon - Open]

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: [Discussion] PMD - Protectors of SilverKeep [Pokemon - O

Postby 0Zero0 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:19 am

maybe a broken dragon scale that doesn't work anymore in the same sense I allow accessories could be allowed then? not as a held item though, just as an accessory so it wouldn't be able to be used in the future either, but they still treasure it dearly?

panda by phtorxp ∘ fox by fluffy_marry ∘ cat/coding by me
Image Image Image Image

X
〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ Scorpio ✜ Adult 〙
ImageImage Pokemon PMD RP
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:13 am

Full RP is posted. Join when your ready. No rush.

Image Image Image Image

X
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:05 pm

I’m excited that this is starting! I won’t be able to write for a week since I am traveling with family, but I will try to get my starting post done when I can.

@0Zero0
Where would a cold-weather pokémon like Swinub live in this world? Would Bering be from the city of SilverKeep or from somewhere beyond? Are there mystery dungeons in this universe, and are they treated as normal-ish training grounds like in PSMD or as the results of natural disasters like in Rescue/Explorers?

Also I love the pixel expressions you made for Kinome! They are adorable. ^^
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:03 pm

thank you! I don't think I ever played the PSMD games, I was leaning towards a classic PMD style mixed with whatever wanted to add yourselves. I like a world built by all of us after all instead of just me, so feel free to be as creative as you like as long as it doesn't interrupt everyone. I was leaning towards a mid climate town (snows in the winter, but hot in the summer). I did state there is grass and plants so it's not likely to be winter time but it's possible, so if you want Swinub to live elsewhere you can or they can live in the city. I imagine if you added mountains those would get snow. Up to you how you wish to interoperate it I think.

Image Image Image Image

X
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby min yoongi » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:41 pm

╔═════════════════════════╗

✹✹✹✹✹

now i see f i r e, inside the mountain
i see fire, b u r n i n g the trees
and i see fire, hollowing s o u l s
i see fire, b l o o d in the breeze

✹✹✹✹✹

╚═════════════════════════╝

╔══════════════════════╗

✹✹✹✹✹

nyx zosime ║ female ║ vulpix
hardy (no stat change) ║ flash fire (sp. atk. up when hit by fire)
no held item ║ inventory: empty ║ lvl. 5 [0/1000 exp]

ember ║ fire ║ special
- deals damage and may leave the target with a burn

tail whip ║ normal ║ status
- lowers the enemy's defense
disable ║ normal ║ status
- seals the move that its target most recently used

✹✹✹✹✹

╚══════════════════════╝
nyx is a standard-sized fully developed kantonian vulpix with very little distinct features regarding basic physical appearance. other than a few fur-covered scars that are not visible unless you mess around with the coarse orange fur covering her body and a notch near the outer base of her left pinnae, nyx doesn't stand out from any other vulpix in silverkeep. she wears a gold plated dog tag around her neck, although the only part that is generally visible is the chain as she also regularly wears a cherry colored bandana that covers said dog tag. she also isn't that keen on showing the contents of the dog tag and prefers to keep it hidden.

as hardy as they come, nyx is the embodiment of the three c's of her nature - commitment, control, challenge. nyx tries to always give 110% into everything she's involved in, which primarily reflects on her exploring habits and guild activities. she approaches every situation with a rational and stable approach, never letting panic or dishevelment get to her which is why she's been able to get herself out of multiple troublesome situations unscathed. her natural affinity for leadership positions is shown in how she communicates with her fellow explorers, naturally falling into the rhythm of team coordination and caring which, although a great positive in the explorer world, is often taken and interpreted as bossiness, control-freak tendencies and inability to curb her ego. her end goal is becoming a guildmaster, guiding young explorers into their future and ensuring all their best qualities get to shine - it's a bit early to have dreams of grandiose, but hey, that's why they're dreams, nyx says.

in all sincerity, there might be some truth in how some speak of her as an egomaniac, as she's generally unable to admit most times that her unconventional approaches and methods aren't always the best option, and that maybe there's another solution that's logistically better and would be easier to execute. "you're right" and "i was wrong" are two sentences you'll seldom hear from nyx's mouth, and are usually accompanied by a lump-in-throat tone and a disgruntled, defeated expression. critique is also not something she's good at, and it's not surprising considering how she's hardwired to never admit she's wrong. she rarely butts heads with others and even if she's unable to admit she's wrong, she'll just bite her tongue, but on the days that nyx can't dampen her rage down - hell breaks loose.

adept at identifying other 'mons' pros and cons, she has no issue with assigning tasks to her teammates and carefully picks out the optimal 'mon to get the job done, placing her trust in them 110%, but asking for help with something she's tasked herself with? oh no no, that won't do. her hyper-independence is a lovely characteristic which makes sure she'll get everything done perfectly and in time, but will never admit she's struggling with something - struggling is showing weakness, and that's something she was also taught to conceal. plus, she passes it off as challenging and bettering herself, because otherwise how else are you going to further yourself?

emotions are a sensitive topic for nyx and she generally tries to underplay some more intense emotions she can feel, funneling them down into a bottleneck where the feelings slowly drip-drip-drip instead of bursting at the seams with said emotion. everything in moderation, she says, and stability always comes first. her stable facade holds on pretty well, but who knows what awaits her in silverkeep?
min yoongi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timoria » Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:51 pm

0Zero0 wrote:maybe a broken dragon scale that doesn't work anymore in the same sense I allow accessories could be allowed then? not as a held item though, just as an accessory so it wouldn't be able to be used in the future either, but they still treasure it dearly?

That works for me! An accessory is a good idea, I’ll go with that then.
Timoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:16 pm

@0Zero0
I love that we can build this world together! Maybe Bering grew up in a remote mountain village (Snowbound Springs), until a massive avalanche destroyed the town where his family got their supplies (Frostglow Outpost). When SilverKeep guild members came to help with the rescue, Bering resolved to join them and learn how to best protect other Pokémon from the worsening disasters. He has only recently moved to SilverKeep and he plans to live in the “hotel” building. Would this backstory make sense?

I also wanted to ask— how are the Pokémon in the mystery dungeons treated in this universe? Why are they attacking our explorers? Have they been turned feral by the dungeons or do they attack for some other reason? Can they be saved?
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:16 pm

@Selas I love that backstory! it's so interesting it really builds character. As for your question: there are aggressive pokemon throughout the world, but maybe not nearly as many as in the games. This will be more about the interactions between our characters, though there will be pokemon that are bad like the bad people in real life. We will have to discover why they are doing these bad things together, as that will be answered through the story as it progresses.

@Min yoongi Your character is so CUTE I love vulpix and am excited to have you. You may join in as soon as your ready to.

Image Image Image Image

X
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby min yoongi » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:38 am

0Zero0 wrote:@Selas I love that backstory! it's so interesting it really builds character. As for your question: there are aggressive pokemon throughout the world, but maybe not nearly as many as in the games. This will be more about the interactions between our characters, though there will be pokemon that are bad like the bad people in real life. We will have to discover why they are doing these bad things together, as that will be answered through the story as it progresses.

@Min yoongi Your character is so CUTE I love vulpix and am excited to have you. You may join in as soon as your ready to.

thank you!!! im excited to participate hehe. will put up a post asap! im a little backed up w/ nye preparations but ill try to squeeze in a post :)

╔═════════════════════╗

kate ◍ enfp ◍ she/they

taurus sun ◍ aquarius moon ◍ leo rising

neka sjaji noćas
put do tvoje luke
i daj mi svoje ruke
i pogledaj u sunce
u zalazak mi plovimo

╚═════════════════════╝
min yoongi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:04 am

@0Zero0
Thank you! Ooh I'm intrigued... really excited to find out more as the story continues!

I'm planning to post either today or tomorrow. Things have been really stressful lately and it's hard to find time to write!
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me