The Age of Steam & Elegance (Characters & Discussion)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: The Age of Steam & Elegance (Characters & Discussion)

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:40 pm

My form finally showed up
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:14 pm

No worries, looks good!
We are just waiting on the Mechanic now, and then I think I'll start the roleplay!
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyunjinnie » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:30 pm

────── ᶤ'ˡˡ ˢᵘʳᵛᶤᵛᵉ ˢᵒᵐᵉʰᵒʷ. ᶤ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ᵈᵒ. ───────────
i.elijah cooper
ii.nicknames- Eli
iii.26 years old
iv.cismale (he/him) v.bisexual
────────────────
vi.6’0” vii.dark brown eyes
viii.many tattoos
ix.mechanic
x.fc! dpr ian
────────────────
- family -
parents- unknown
brother- theodore
uncle- nicholas (not by blood)
────────────────

Apperance- Elijah has black hair that is often in a messy state. He has dark brown eyes and is 6’0” tall. His entire right arm is replaced with a prosthetic, while his left leg is a prosthetic from the knee down. He has many tattoos covering his left arm and a couple more on his chest and back. His clothing is usually on the simple side, mainly because he never saw the point of spending a lot of money on clothing that will end up getting ruined eventually. The most expensive part of his outfits are his ragged steel toed boots that were previously owned by his Uncle. Ever since he got the arm prosthetic, Eli wears long sleeved shirts and a jacket along with a black glove over his prosthetic hand while his left is covered with a fingerless black glove. Eli also has a golden locket necklace that he keeps tucked in his shirt hidden away from the world. The locket contains two pictures inside: one with his birth parents and the other of the younger version of his brother and himself with their Uncle. Elijah has multiple scares littered across his body. The most prominent ones being where his prosthetic limbs meet his body as well as the two on his face: one going across the bridge of his nose, and the other starting on the right side of his upper lip and ending at the bottom of his chin. He has an athletic build and a decent amount of muscle from lifting heavy objects at work. He keeps himself in shape by exercising regularly as well.

Personality- Eli has always been quiet and would rather be in the background where he can observe from a distance. He only likes to speak when spoken to or if he really wants to say something. He rarely starts conversations unless he has to and doesn’t do small talk, because he doesn’t like to talk about himself. Eli is super friendly even though he seems like he’s super moody/grumpy to a lot of people. He always makes sure that others are taken care of before himself and doesn’t mind being left with nothing in return. Before the accident, he was more outgoing and even enjoyed joking around with people. Eli is super confident in his work and won’t hesitate to defend it. He knows how to fight well, but prefers not to unless absolutely needed. Eli will defend his friends even if it means putting his own life in danger. But don’t betray him because he doesn’t forgive easily.

History- Eli’s earliest childhood memory is spending the night huddled with his older brother behind a garbage bin. He was too young to remember his parents and how he and his brother ended up living in the streets of the lower half of Volimire. His brother, Theo, was four years older than him and could remember their parents, but didn’t know where they were or why they had abandoned their two young children. The two boys lived in the streets for two years living off of scraps and trash before a man named Nicholas took them in. Nicholas was a mechanic who lived in the lower half of Volimire, but he was well known in the area for his great work. The boys had taken a shine to him immediately and called Nicholas their Uncle. Nicholas wasn’t a wealthy man and didn’t have much money for the three of them, but they managed to get by just fine. Theo and Eli were taught everything about being a mechanic from their Uncle. Nicholas even brought them to jobs and often let them help.

Eli was 16 years old when Nicholas passed away from an illness. The two boys had inherited all of their Uncle's belongings and got jobs as mechanics from the same place their Uncle worked at. Theo had dreams of him and his little brother creating their own company where they make the newest and best models of transportation while living in the upper area of Volimire. Eli on the other hand, was happy to stay where they were. He didn’t care about having fancy technology, wearing fancy clothes with a big fancy house. Although he did enjoy drawing his own designs of engines and airships. Out of the two, Theo was the more adventurous one, but Eli would always follow behind his brother no matter what, even when things got a little dicey. Theo was street smart, but he definitely couldn’t get a life in the upper half with just doing the same boring small mechanic jobs. While Eli was working his normal job, Theo had started doing odd jobs from a local gang in order to get cash fast. Suddenly Theo was coming home wearing new clothes and with bags of items that Eli knew that they didn’t have the money for. Eli would constantly question his brother about how they could afford these things only for Theo to respond that his new job just paid a lot better. Even though he could tell that his brother wasn’t telling the complete truth, Eli decided to drop it. He was worried about his older brother, but he liked seeing him happy. It wasn’t long before Eli found out the truth when Theo came home with his first injury. That night they had their first real argument which led them to ignore each other for almost an entire month.

A few years later, Eli somehow got roped into the same business as Theo after the mechanic shop he worked for was on the brink of closing down due to the increase of rent. Eli couldn’t just sit around and do nothing while a good man lost his shop. The odd jobs weren’t as bad as Eli thought they would be and he even learned a few things from them. However things took a turn for the worst during their biggest job. The brothers had been tasked to tag along with a few others to the upper half of Volimire. It was Eli’s first time ever being in the upper half even though it was late at night, he was still amazed at how different it was compared to the lower half. The brothers didn’t even know what they were there for, they just followed the other members and didn’t ask any questions. Eli couldn’t remember what happened after they arrived at a large warehouse. The last thing he remembered was his brother telling some cheesy joke about the name of some building they had seen not long before they arrived at the warehouse. Eli had woken up to bright lights burning his eyes as they opened and his whole body aching. He can still vividly remember the pain that shot through his body when he tried to sit up before he threw the blanket off of his body to discover that his right arm and half of his left leg were now mechanical prosthetics. Hours later he discovered that his older brother was in a coma on life support. One of the gang members had told Eli about how the job went sideways fast and that they weren’t sure what had happened except there were a bunch of explosives that set off.

Eli made a rather quick recovery for someone who lost an arm and half of his leg. He was determined to get a real doctor for his brother that could actually save him. The doctor who did his prosthetics was a man who did illegal prosthetics and other medical experiments in his hidden underground building. He was the medical doctor that helped the gang in return for protection and money. Instead of thanking the man for saving his life, he hated him for it. He loathed the prosthetics he had and despised the man even more for keeping his brother alive only as a compensation until Eli paid off the large debt for ‘saving their lives’.

Once Eli was back on his feet and could work, he started doing whatever job he could to get as much money as he could. One day while walking home from work, he saw a man, who stuck out like a sore thumb, standing beside his broken down car on the side of the street. Originally Eli decided to ignore the clearly rich man, but caved when he saw a small group of adolescent thieves stalking towards the man. Eli knew the man would be robbed of everything on him and probably beaten all because he was from the upper half and was in the wrong part of town. Even though the man’s car was nice and most likely one of the newest models, he clearly didn’t know a single thing about the machine. It didn’t take Eli long to find the problem and was able to fix it on the spot. The man had been so grateful that he even handed Eli a couple hundred dollar bills that he accepted even though he would have been fine with no pay. A couple days later, the same rich man waltzed into the mechanic shop looking for Eli. Eli learned that the man's name was Clifford Augustus. Mr.Augustus was looking to hire someone as his personal mechanic and decided that person needed to be Eli. At first Eli denied the man, but ended up accepting after he was offered double the pay which was way more than he made off of his current jobs. During his first month of working for Mr.Augustus, his potential for his mechanic work was noticed quickly. Mr.Augustus ended up treating Eli as his own son. He made sure he was fed well and never overworked him. It wasn’t long before Mr.Augustus’ friends noticed Eli’s hard work and they started hiring him to fix their vehicles and private airships. Soon Eli’s name spread around the upper half and even the lower half for his work, but none of the jobs he did were getting him any closer to completely paying off his debt and saving his brother. Of course he didn’t hesitate to accept the job that the Council offered even before he knew what it was.

Other-
-Eli has his brothers lighter that he keeps with him at all times. The metal lighter has a few scuff marks and a couple of dents causing it to only work occasionally, but it gives him comfort.
-Due to his prosthetics being done by an illegal doctor, Eli has more pain issues than people who professionally got their prosthetics done. He often gets phantom pain where his limbs used to be and aches a lot especially after a long day of work. Sometimes he’ll have a slight limp when walking, but he tries his best to hide it. He doesn’t want anyone knowing that he has prosthetics and keeps them hidden from view as best as he can.
-Has a notebook full of drawings and designs of vehicles of all kinds.
-His locket originally belonged to Theo, but after Theo tried to throw it away when they were kids, Eli decided he would keep it so he could know what his parents looked like. Later on he added a picture of him, Theo, and their uncle.
Last edited by Hyunjinnie on Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyunjinnie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:38 am

Full Name:
Noi Leean (Lee-ann) Noe (the e is silent)
Nickname:
N, Leean if you dare
Pronouns:
He/him usually but sometimes she/her
Sexuality:
Boys (maybe Elijah and Balthasar)
Role:
The Rogue
Appearance:
Pretty for a boy, or rather having been born a boy though he now identifies as gendefluid, he has golden-tan skin. He has nice lips, nice nails, longer lashes and dark hair. His hair has been kept long, not super long but longer. It goes to his upper back when pulled back. Otherwise, it reaches mid back if he lets it down. It's straight and usually the bangs are brushed to the sides. He likes to wear ornate golden and silver hairpieces. His family has kept some from the past, and he...takes stuff from people, of course.

He wears a white shirt, dark pants, sometimes a belt (some of his pants seem to be too big), and a darker vest as well. The pants are gray or black, the vest is purple, and that's all there is to that, and he also wears dark purple boots but they're very dark so it's hard to tell.

Personality:
N is sweet and gentle despite the job he has taken. Well, it's not really a job, but he calls it one, and he's happy doing it, and is intelligent enough, usually. He's happy, seemingly lucky, cuddly, and silly at times, as well as fun loving, playful, bit of a flirt, and loves animals. He can be wild and loud though. He's stubborn, hard headed, has bouts of nerves and has some anxiety. He's head shy it seems, seems cold if angered, withdrawn if upset, bottles things up but can also be easily angered, and doesn't like thunder or fire...

Short Bio:
N was born a boy twenty five years ago, to Reyn and Akalia Noh. He was raised with love and care, and was quite happy. He got some education, and is extremely intelligent. He had pets all his life (whether real animals or if they have to be steam powered robotic ones or whatever). He realized he sometimes felt like a girl, when he was ten years old. He told his parents, too. They accepted that he felt this way. They didn't say bad things or tell him he couldn't be like that. He continued to grow and be taught by them. Then, when he was seventeen or eighteen, he decided to be a rogue, a thief...He's living on the outskirts of society. He went to an ariticrat's house to steal and was caught...and didn't want to go to prison so now he's on this crew.

Other
I forgot Rosetta's nickname...its Rosa.
Anyway! N has a dog that he brings with him as like a lookout (when he's thieving), and has a ferret. The ferret is always with him, even if the dog is not. Dog is named Leviathan because his dad was Kraken. Ferret is silver sterling and is called Ster.
He has a really cool steam power bow (crossbow?) with these really pretty arrows/bolts.
He also has knives strapped to his legs, and a sword. He doesn't really use the sword much...but he has it.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:23 am

Everyone has been accepted, and the roleplay has now started!
At the moment, everyone has been left in the hall of the Council building, while the airship has its final preparations. Then, after everyone's had a chance to establish themselves and get into the roleplay (maybe two or three posts each), I'll have a staff member come to get the group and take them to the airship, and the adventure will begin.

Any questions, let me know!
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:49 am

XD cool, thank you
Kay Kay
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bigwig. » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:18 pm

hi guys! I'll try to get a post up this evening. I may be a little busy this weekend btw so I apologize if I lag behind a bit
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:50 pm

XD nice post, bigwig
I was thinking Rosa could definitely have a crush on Samuel, until I read in his form he's homosexual...I mean, she could still crush on him, it would just be one sided, but I don't know if you'd be okay with that...so maybe they could just be friends instead.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyunjinnie » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:45 pm

Hi hi guys! Just letting you guys know that Spirit's character Noi will be getting the room next to Elijah because Noi has a big crush on him now xD we also plan on our characters to talk/interact more and see if they get anywhere in the future, just as a heads up! Also when I post, if it's a response to Spirit's post then I'll have a note somewhere saying it's a response to them since their posts take a while to be approved to be posted sometimes.

also i'll have my post up tonight at some point!
Hyunjinnie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me