Beyond the Worlds {D&D RP - D&F} [FULL]

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: Beyond the Worlds {D&D RP - D&F} [O&A]

Postby Popper_Cornz » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:33 pm

Sure thing! What role would you like in the party?
Popper_Cornz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby delicate. » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:17 pm

Oh! I'm thinking scout. Not sure on the gender of my druid yet. Probably female, though.
delicate.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bolster-Warforged Artificer

Postby InfectedHau » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:33 pm

Name: Bolster
Race: Warforged
Class: Artificer
Role: Area Control Defender
Background: Guild Artisan
Alignment: Neutral

Height & Weight: 7'0" 300 lbs
Hair Color: None
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Tone: Silver
Scent: Oil, metal, and ozone
Voice: Feminine, but stilted and mechanical.

Personality Traits:
    -Logical to a fault.
    -Obsessed with her work, will use anything and anyone she can to carry out her experiments.
    -Will help you immediately and without question, will also insult you the entire time.
Ideals
    -Creativity: The world is mired in backwards, close-minded thinking. Innovation is the key to progress.
    -Science: Everything can be quantified and understood. Even the beings that call themselves Gods.
    -Discovery: Everything can be learned from. Each new experience is a chance for new knowledge.
Bonds
    -She was created to be a guardian of life and protector of the weak. Much to her chagrin.
    -She doesn't know who her creator was, but it was her guild who taught her about the world, and about her craft. They're the only people she can stand.
    -Her greatest duty is to science itself. Organics are fragile things, and magic and faith have thus far not proved enough to shield them.
Flaws
    -She has to save everyone, even if doing so would put her life at risk.
    -She can't willingly harm someone, unless doing so would be saving someone else. She's managed to get a pretty liberal interpretation of that one, but It's still a hindrance.
    -She's fully aware of both the above restrictions, and it's made her rather abrasive to the people she's supposed to be protecting.
Backstory: Bolster awoke in the ruins of what had once been a laboratory, with nothing but her name and a directive: Protect those who can't protect themselves. For the first few years of her life, it was a directive she embraced gladly, wandering the land and lending her strength to those who needed it. Of course, she was inexperienced, and she couldn't always save everyone. At first, it weighed heavily on her. She always thought there was something she could have done differently to save them, some tactic or skill she could have used. As the years went by, her perspective slowly began to change. Organics weren't soft, delicate flowers that needed to be protected, they were stupid, fragile weeds that needed shepherding out of all the messes they found themselves in. She still protected them, she was literally unable to do otherwise, but her interventions slowly began to take on a more cynical tone.

She happened upon the tinker's guild mostly by accident. They were fascinated by her construction, and she was more than happy to have a place to stay where people wouldn't go running off and getting themselves in over their heads. Sure, there was the occasional explosion, or broken bone, or other minor injury, but she could handle those just fine. Plus, while they studied her, she could study them, learning their art and becoming a tinker herself. She was fairly adept at it, to the point where she began to modify herself, augmenting her body to better protect those around her.

Of course she couldn't stay at the guild forever. The drive to protect still tugged at the back of her mind, and there was only so much she could learn from the guild. Still, working there had given her a new perspective on how best to go about fulfilling her duty. If magic and faith were not enough to save the masses from themselves, then technology might just be enough to fill the gaps. It wouldn't be easy, of course. She would need prototypes, and they would need to be tested. Which, of course, meant test subjects. That she would probably have to protect from everything else. Which was unfortunate, but unavoidable. Adventuring would be a good place to start, and the invitation she'd received to the kingdom of Dasfodel would be an excellent spot to find some willing subjects.

Appearance: Bolster is an imposing figure, towering over all but the tallest organics and built to take hits. Her body is forged in equal parts gleaming steel and rich, dark wood, the magical symbols that animate her inlaid in precious gems all across her form. She's augmented herself with heavier armor plating, giving her the appearance of someone wearing a set of full plate armor of a sleek, angular design. A shield adorns her left arm, in the same style as her armor, and notably thicker than most shields would be. This is less for added protection and more to allow space for all the various gadgets concealed within the shield. She carries no weapons, as her hands have been modified to emit destructive sonic pulses on contact with an enemy, damaging and disorienting them in equal measure. She usually wears a cowled hood to hide her robotic visage, but there's no covering up her vibrant blue eyes, Shining like stars in her gleaming silver face.

Origin: Technically, she originated from a ruined workshop in the middle of nowhere, but she would say she hails from Alieri, the large port city where her guild was located
Family: Her creator, whoever they might be, is deceased. She considers her guild to be her family.
Relationship details: She isn't in any relationship, and doesn't plan on it.
Romance details: With who? Organics are gross.
Relations to other party members: TBD

Proficient Skills: Arcana, Insight, Investigation, Medicine, Intimidation
Saving Throws: Constitution, Intelligence

Favored Weapons: Thunder Gauntlets
Abilities:
    Magical Tinkering- Can imbue small objects with various effects
    Infuse Item- Can augment equipment with various properties, up to and including the duplication of magic items
    Flash of Genius- Can provide pertinent advice to others in the field or in battle
    Construct physiology- Resistant to poison, immune to disease. Does not eat, drink, breathe, or sleep, and can't be put to sleep magically.
    Defensive Field- can project a temporary barrier, momentarily shielding herself from incoming attacks
    Arcane Armor- Can shift her armor between the heavy defensive Guardian Mode and the swift and agile Infiltrator Mode
Magic: Lightning Lure, Catapult, Magic Missile, Thunderwave, Blur, Mirror Image, False Life, See Invisibility, Shatter, Web, Wall of Stone
Languages Known: Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

Inventory:
-Explorer's Pack
-Plate Armor
-Goggles of Night
-Cloak of the Manta Ray
-Shield
-Tinker's Tools
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Popper_Cornz » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:53 am

Accepted!! Looking for more interest!
Popper_Cornz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teapeach » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:04 pm

Begging for more interest (ಥ﹏ಥ)
                      she/her, 21 :)
teapeach

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Popper_Cornz » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:58 am

Another person interested!
Popper_Cornz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby glitter » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:24 am

Hello! Reserving a female wizard, controller, fairy
Last edited by glitter on Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
[𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫]
════════════
(¯`· she/her
..`·. x est ·´¯)
entp 5w4 .·´
════════════
.Image
Image Image

════════════════════════
old user is royale | pms welcome.
uni student majoring in stats and
ecology/evolution [ ♡ ] trade me!
Image Image
░░ ░░░░░
collections
dwrf hamsters
owls,‎ squid, bats
pps bws, '19 fae,
‎'11 faire, bettas !
my sig shop
════════════

glitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rnalnstream » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:17 am

at this rate, poor Sarvik is going to be surrounded by all these fine ladies. let’s hope it doesn’t drive him crazy. 😆
rnalnstream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Popper_Cornz » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:39 am

Lmaoooo, Let's hope not XDDD

And reserved for ya!
Popper_Cornz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

nyx | wizard controller | fairy

Postby glitter » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:50 am

Name nyx (is that her real name? who knows)
    Race fairy
    Class wizard
    Role controller
    Gender female
    Sexuality pan
    Age young adult
    Alignment chaotic neutral/slightly evil
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Height & Weight 4'0, 35lbs
    Facial Features as seen in picture img cr
    Wings and Clothes large, mostly transparent with a purple hue (wingspan 2m)/loose fitting clothes with neutral tones
    Default Expression smirking or deadpanning
    Scent lavender
    Voice singsong, loud, silvery
    History a nomad for most of her life, she seeks out things that will keep her entertained and occupied.
    Family unknown/seems like a loner
    Relations Party Members currently indifferent

Personality Traits aloof, trickster, crafty, sly, clever
    Ideals independence, creativity, freedom
    Behavior
    - lies about inconsequential, seemingly unnecessary things (compulsive liar)
    - does not respect institutionalized authority, believes respect and power must be earned (individualist)
    - only does things that please/amuse her in the moment. if it doesn't benefit her, she has no interest in it (selfish)
    - does not really care for material goods/currency partially due to her creation ability. if she needs to buy something, she'll just create xxfraudulent coins and run before they disintegrate
    - easily bored, despises people who bore her or she views as incompetent
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How She Joined the Party Nyx has made a name for herself amongst the upper class. While whether her fame arose from being a prodigy in wizardry or the overwhelming amount of bounties on her head for theft and fraud is not clear, it was not a surprise that the letter found her. While she couldn't care less about the king or the reward, she hopes this could be a promising opportunity to kill some monsters and stir up some trouble.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Proficient Skills arcana, nature, insight, perception, persuasion
    Saving Throws intelligence, wisdom

Favored Weapons magic staff (reliant mostly on magic), daggers
    Inventory wooden staff with an orb at the top (arcane & drudic focus) and a flute (does not carry much due to her creation ability)
    Languages common, sylvan, elvish

Racial Abilities flight, faerie fire (used to see invisible enemies), enlarge/reduce self
    Druidcraft predict weather at location for next 24 hrs, make plants blossom/seed pods open, instantly snuff out/light fire, harmless sensory effects (falling leaves, sound of small animal, faint odor of skunk)

Magic
    Shapechange - shapeshift into another creature for up to an hour
    Creation - create nonliving object of vegetable/mineral matter within range (gems/coins only last for 10 mins)
    Telekinesis - move creatures/objects by thought
    Suggestion - suggest a course of activity (limited to a sentence or two) and influence a creature you can see that can hear and understand you
    Laughter - one visible creature within range thinks everything is funny and falls into a laughing fit until attacked
    Grease - slick grease covers terrain making it difficult to walk on
    Spike Growth - create grasping vines in the area that will impede, deal damage to and hold large quantities of victims
    Web - a sticky, flammable web that obscures vision
    Wall of Force - an invisible wall of force, appears in any orientation (horizontal/vertical/free floating/dome). nothing can pass through and can only be damaged if disintegrated.
    Wilt - sucks the water out of any lifeforms within the radius. works on anything that is composed of water.
Last edited by glitter on Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 20 times in total.
glitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me