a town called lethe. discussion

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

// 𝑨𝑻𝑳𝑨𝑺 !

Postby strawbs. » Sat May 29, 2021 8:03 am

i. atlas turner. ii. no nickname. iii. 774 years. iv. cis male, he/him. v. biromantic asexual. vi. black hair; dark gray eyes that seem to cloud over at times. vii. skinny, angular physique. viii. 5'9". ix. doctor. x. fc is lee taeyong.
      not the nicest kid on the block... not the meanest. he can often be rather cold and too formal with replies, which might be taken the wrong way, but he genuinely isn't sure how to handle his guests. naturally, atlas is a quiet one, with a need for his own alone time lest he grows irritable very quick. the way he chit-chats is carefully thought out, resulting in slow, but also short, direct answers. he comes off as mysterious to many, due to his ethereal nature; how he behaves is almost unnatural, with a voice that is surprisingly gentle in tone despite the weight that it may hold. he sprinkles a bit of humor here and there, even the occasional flirt. however, he's a tough egg to crack when it comes down to making him flustered or pulling at his heartstrings. to many, he's difficult to figure out. those who try never succeed, but they can't help but indulge. while generally mute, people often never forget that he's in the room, and he's easy to pick out in a crowd despite blending in. he leaves an imprint on most lives he meets, but they can never explain how. truly an enigma, atlas is not too easily forgotten, like he plays an important roll in everyone's lives yet they are unsure of what roll that is. it's simply in his behavior; strength in composure, never afraid to meet ones eye and never stepping down from his pedestal. though he is the opposite of egotistic, and is, in fact, one of the most humble beings another will meet. he could really care less if he's forgotten or not; if he makes another's day or ruins one. atlas tries his best to do what is right, though there are other times where he gives into the darkness which seeps from the cracks.

[ dark aura ] surrounding himself in shadowy darkness will make others feel unwelcomed and strangely on edge. intimidates and activates fear in another, but is most often triggered involuntarily the more heightened his own emotions are.
      [ dark energy ] allows him a multitude of things, which draws his power from the more dark parts of his mind and soul. it's not recommended to use too much, lest he lose his mind a little. he can heal with this ability, and may also tap into a dark form where shadows swirl around him and his eyes darken. in this form, he can manipulate darkness/shadows, move faster in the dark, or even blend in with it. it's difficult to switch out of once in, and can be painful for him as well.
      [ emotional vampirism ] feeding off of the emotions of others allows him energy and sustenance. he doesn't require as much food nor rest, and targets will sense oncoming emotional numbness. strong negative emotions are his source of higher strength.
Last edited by strawbs. on Mon May 31, 2021 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
strawbs.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawbs. » Sat May 29, 2021 8:03 am

Last edited by strawbs. on Sat May 29, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strawbs.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

// 𝑳𝑼π‘ͺ𝑰𝑨𝑡 !

Postby strawbs. » Sat May 29, 2021 8:04 am

i. lucian. ii. nickname, lux. iii. 120 years. iv. nonbinary, they/them; he/him.
      v. pansexual/romantic. vi. dark brown hair; matching eyes. vii. broad shoulders, long limbs. viii. 5'11". ix. resident. x. fc is kim seunghun.

wip
Last edited by strawbs. on Mon May 31, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
strawbs.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawbs. » Sat May 29, 2021 8:04 am

Last edited by strawbs. on Mon May 31, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strawbs.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Liliana Swann; PI

Postby WitchHazel » Sat May 29, 2021 9:58 am

name. Liliana Swann
nicknames. don't call me Lily.
Don't.
age. twenty-eight
gender. cisfemale. she/her
sexuality. homosexual
title. private investigator
role. tourist
powers. none... yet
voice. deeper for a woman;
a little rough around the edges.
likes. dogs - black coffee -
thunderstorms - vodka - whiskey
her job - hunting down leads -
old cars - old movies & tv shows
dislikes. most people -
needless social interactions
- being called Lily - small spaces -
showing vulnerability - needles -
most sugary foods - small talk -
accepting help
pos. passionate - independent -
dependable - courageous - direct -
loyal - protective - dedicated
neg. armoured - defensive -
mistrustful - snarky - stubborn -
emotional - vengeful - impulsive -
irritable - tactless - gruff - paranoid
quirks. carries a small leather
notebook filled with nearly
indecipherable notes. It does not
seem very organised. -
used to play piano and sing - originally
from Middlebury, VT - has minimal
knowledge of medicine and how to
treat a wound - drives a 1982 CJ 7
when not travelling - has many
connections but few friends - plays
acoustic guitar - smokes cigarettes
occasionally
πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘

πŸ—‘
physical appearance. standing at 5' 7", Liliana is not a short woman. She has a slender build with a lean, muscular physique. Her facial features are relatively sharp and heavy, marred by a thin scar that slashes across the left side of her jaw. The scar trails down her neck, and is joined by another about a quarter of the way down. The two stop just below her collarbone. Liliana's skin is on the paler side, though not considered deathly pale or porcelain. The shadows of many sleepless nights pool beneath her piercing grey-green eyes. Her straight, shoulder-length hair is an ashy blonde, appearing almost silver in the moonlight. Its edges are unevenly cut as if by the edge of a knife. She doesn't bother to brush it much; often simply pulling it back into a small ponytail to keep it out of the way. Apart from her facial scarring, Liliana has a variety of smaller scars scattered throughout her body. The most notable of which are a series of long slashes that run diagonally across her ribcage, and some sort of claw or talon mark spanning the area of her left shoulder. The ring finger of her left hand has been torn off, leaving nothing behind but a small stump and a few deep scars.
Liliana wears clothing that is easy to move in; typically in darker or more muted shades that keep her from standing out in a crowd. Her red-brown leather jacket is a permanent fixture, along with an old bronze diamond-shaped locket.
Liliana is almost always armed, usually with more than one weapon. Throwing knives are a favourite of hers; they are easily concealed in an arm sheath.
- - -
personality. at first glance, Liliana is a tough, cold-hearted woman with a sharp tongue. She cares little for small talk, preferring a more direct approach. Shaped by hardships both recent and past, she doesn't let anyone get too close. She has a difficult time trusting anyone, especially if that trust involves showing vulnerability. If anyone manages to work their way past her hard outer shell, they will find a passionate, dependable individual who tends to be a bit overprotective. She can be very stubborn and impulsive at times, often going to extreme lengths to exact vengeance. When upset, Liliana has a tendency to lash out at those around her, which usually pushes people away. Often too proud to apologise, she will simply let them go and return to her solitude.
- - -
occupation. Liliana is a Private Investigator from the United States, in Europe on vacation time. Or "vacation" time. Does Liliana Swann ever really take a vacation? She was chasing down a personal lead when she found herself on the train with one destination. The train that would take her to the place that does not exist. As far as her work goes, Liliana takes it very seriously and can sometimes become embroiled in her work - the thrill of the chase; the hunt; sings in her blood. She is not your run-of-the-mill PI, however - some say that the acronym actually stands for "Paranormal Investigator". They wouldn't be completely off-base. Liliana will take any old case if it can earn her some money, but the ones she's really after are the bizarre and otherworldly. She knows there are things that slink through the dark. Inhuman things. Monstrous things. She's killed some of them. She's nearly been killed by some of them. Whether it is out of some twisted sense of duty or a foul urge for vengeance, Liliana has made it her job to hunt down and eliminate the unnatural; the things that should not be.
Last edited by WitchHazel on Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Spirit of the Forest

Postby WitchHazel » Sat May 29, 2021 9:59 am

x
αš›αšŠαš‚αš—αš…αš…αš€αš‹αš”αš€αšαš…αš”αš„αš€αš‘αšαšαš…αš€αšαš…αš…αš„αš€αšαš€αšŠαš†αš–αš‚αš‚αš“αšœ

x
xxβ”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
    names. The Forest-Mother. They of Many Names.
    The Darkness. The Watcher. The Voice in the Night.
    names lost to time. Æthelthryth; Aoibheann Ní Sìdhe
    role. Avatar of the Forest
    pronouns. She/Her in the Before. They/Them in the Merging.
    age. Eternal. So long as nature persists, so shall I.
xx┗─────────────────────────────────────┛
xx
xxβ”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
    physical appearance. those who have seen the Spirit of the Forest and lived have described them as humanoid in the barest sense of the word. Their form is tall; much taller than it should be - tall and slender and draped with mosses of every imaginable kind. Their body is a mass of twisted bones, roots, and vines; partially shadow and partially living matter. Their face resembles the skull of a stag, with huge, branching antlers sharpened to wicked points. Its teeth are not cervine, however - large, sharp fangs protrude from the jaw; larger than any teeth should be. If you look closely, you can see rusted stains marring the bone. Occasionally, a beetle or a slug will crawl from a dark, empty eye socket. A pair of enormous feathered wings - more cloak than wings - erupts from their back like sprouts through soil. The inky black feathers are tattered and ragged, clinging to the bone devoid of any muscular attachment. They seem just as comfortable on four legs as two and often stalk the shadows as a great four-legged beast.
    voice. with a voice wet like the sound of rotten plums the Spirit speaks. A cacophonous buzzing that fills your head; a voice of swarming insects. Their jaws do not move. Their voice does not penetrate the air. It is entirely in one's mind.
xx┗────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┛
xx
xxβ”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
    bestiality. a creature of instinct, the Spirit is more animal-minded than human-minded. They see themself as the guardian of nature; mother of the forest. Though territorial, the Spirit will not often attack travellers unless they upset the natural order, take unduly without giving something in return, or venture too far into the forest's depths. They often leave cryptic symbols drawn into the soil or shaped in the branches of the trees as warning. The Spirit does not communicate directly with most humanoids beyond this, but they seem to have a soft spot for children and will occasionally guide lost kids out of the woods.
    history. legends tell of a being as old as nature itself; an incarnation of all that is wild in the world. The tales are only half-true. The Spirit was one of the first beings to come to Lethe after its founding; a young woman who had lost herself. In the forest; she found herself again. Transformed into a creature of darkness and life; the magpie granted her wish to become one with nature.
xx┗────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┛
xx
    powers. they bring with them a sense of foreboding. Those who look directly upon their form become like deer in headlights; enraptured by what they see.
    The air around the Spirit is thick and humid. Cloying. It sticks to your skin and forces itself into your lungs until you are drowning in it. It feels like you are breathing something alive. It is slowly, deeply sickening; a sweet sugary musk. A briny rot. A wet earthy scent that floods your senses; making it difficult to think about anything else. In their presence, the trees turn a deeper shade of green; something strange and almost unnatural. The bark seems to shift to a deep red; almost pulsing in the Spirit's presence.
    A being of life and shadows; the Spirit can cloak themself in darkness. The only indicators of their presence are the aforementioned smell, shifting of the plants around them, and the subtle yet persistent feeling of being watched.
    In the night, strange music wafts from the whispering trees. A flute. Not of metal, nor of wood. A flute of death. Any who become enthralled enough to follow the music will join in the Spirit's dance; a macabre jig of sorts. Unlucky prey who fall victim to the music will quite literally dance themselves to death.
    The Spirit is fluent in speech of beast and leaf. They can communicate with animals and plants of all kinds, though beasts of the wild prove much less of a challenge than domesticated creatures.
    The Spirit can call forth the forest itself if they feel threatened in any way. The roots will rip themselves from the ground; the twigs clawing out towards the perceived threat. Rocks will launch themselves as if catapulted. Even the flora becomes aggressive, wrapping itself around any nearby ankles. What strange wildlife that resides there will join in the battle until the interloper is disposed of.
    There is one sole way to protect yourself from the Spirit should you encounter them in the woods. The stating of their name - what it was before they became the thing they are now. Γ†thelthryth. Lost to time; there are but few people alive who remember it, and even fewer mentions in surviving texts. In the stating of their name, they are reminded of their humanity - who they once were, long ago. It will give them pause to allow enough time for their would-be victims to escape. Those who make it out with their lives and sanity intact often return to the world changed; touched by something they do not understand.
xx
αš›αšŠαš†αšαš…αš€αš’αšαšαšαš”αš…αš…αš€αš‡αš†αš’αšˆαš€αšαš€αšˆαš†αš–αšαšˆαš€αšαš†αš‘αš…αš€αšŠαš†αš–αš‚αš‚αš“αš€αš‡αš“αš€αš…αšαšŠαš†αš€αšαš‘αšαš†αš€αšŠαš–αšαš€αšαš€αšαš†αš”αšˆαšŠαš€αšαš€αšƒαšαš‚αšαš†αšœ
Last edited by WitchHazel on Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ veronica ryu ❀

Postby sweet.peaches~ » Sat May 29, 2021 10:07 am

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
β–‡
full name - veronica miriam ryu
nicknames - ronica, miri
gender/pronouns - cisfemale (she/her)
age - thirty-five (born in 1986), appears nineteen-twenty
birthday - november 29th (sagittarius)
sexuality - bisexual
role - resident, the local florist in town
powers - flying and butterfly physiology
nationality - american
ethnicity - korean

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­
β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡β–‡
❝ you can only
chase a butterfly
for so long.
❞
quote - jane yolen, prince
across the water

━━━━━━

faceclaim - jamie chung
physical appearance - stands at 4'11 inches with a small and thin rectangular body frame and a slight tan. veronica has black straight hair that goes down to her shoulders. her eyes are also pitch-black, but were originally dark brown when she came into town. antennas are easily seen on the top of her head, there is not much use for them. her clothes have to be customically made so that her wings do not feel uncomfortable. as long as the fabric fits her, she's not too picky about what outfit to wear. speaking of wings, the monarch orange butterfly wings amerge from her back and are about two feet tall. they are as thin as paper.
personality - gentle, kind, loving, and loyal. really sensitive, overemotional, gullible, and fragile (easy to break - just like a butterfly). always energetic and optimistic. loves getting new friends. unless they look intimidating. gets scared easily. cries when frightened too. actually, veronica cries often, not too proud of it. can be lazy and childish. a hopeless romantic yet too awkward to start any relationship. carries an aura of innocence, probably because she is. thinks the world is sunshine and rainbows with little idea of the truth.
likes - flowers, rollerblading, watching the sunset, brownies, springtime, hugs.
dislikes - anything scary/intimidating, getting put down, gossip, crowded/small spaces.
background - her parents immigrated from south korea to utah in the 1980s where they shortly gave birth to veronica. she had a good life, until she had moved to san francisco for college. that wasn't exactly the reason, it was tough but she was still happy (disregarding all that student debt). but during winter break, veronica decided she wanted to visit her parents again and took a few trains. on the second train she went on, the girl ended up in lethe (destined to be on the news as missing, unknown to her knowledge). the magpie had thought it suitable for her to have slight butterfly physiology, seeing as her personality is similar to the creature. she's forgotten most of her life outside of the town, a few moments here and there, but nothing important. veronica may have wanted to meet her family again, but became apart of another family. she has stayed in lethe for about a decade. enjoys the harmony and peace in town. her job has made her happy. despite the strange rules, veronica is happy there.
extra information - gets offended if called a 'fairy.' will respond with saying, 'do i look like a fairy to you?' she does, but that doesn't make her less angry. has a honey-sweet voice. she's self-conscious of being short and if near someone who is taller than her, will float up to their height. veronica is very passionate about flowers and will geek out about them. she is an only child however her parents had a child before her, named miriam. miri had died several minutes after being born. that is why veronica's middle name is miriam. the floral shop that she owns is a pastel pink two-story small building. there is more glass than walls to show off the bouquets. inside, it is decorated with lots of flowers and plants. you'll likely see veronica dozing off on a stool next to a counter if you walk in. there is a little relaxing spot, one armchair and fluffy carpet, for visitors to sit in while they wait for their bouquet to be finished or just want to chat. grows her own flowers for the shop, has a mini garden. lives in a cottage-looking house next to her business.

β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­β–­
Last edited by sweet.peaches~ on Sun May 30, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
sweet.peaches~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ veronica's relations ❀

Postby sweet.peaches~ » Sat May 29, 2021 10:08 am

π•π„π‘πŽππˆπ‚π€ π‘π˜π”'𝐒 𝐫𝐞π₯𝐚𝐭𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐑𝐒𝐩𝐬 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ❝welcome to veronica flowers, how may i help you?❞

positive [β˜…] | neutral [♦] | negative [β™ ] | crush/love interest [β™₯]

countess cordelia marie remmington [β˜…] - at first she was rather intimidated of cora, especially of how tall she was. when they met, veronica had been referred to as 'fairy' which hadn't exactly made her feel any better. but once she started to see how considerate and polite to others, the girl had thought, maybe she isn't so bad.. after bonding together over tea parties with lovely sweets, they are friends now. veronica has visited the gallery multiple times, in awe of the artworks around. always greets cordelia whenever she needs flowers for her house and the gallery. adores the gifts she gets from cora - likes to show off the paintings or needleworks up in the shop for decoration next to the showcased bouquets.

clive valentine [β˜…] - when arriving to lethe, clive had asked countless times about the outside world and she had answered happily, admittedly a little confused at first. enjoys his company (although it could be said for most residents), would call him 'an interesting person.' his power is both fascinating and frightening and appreciates clive being careful.

amelia porter [β˜…β™₯] - the only reason she visited the library was because she wanted to play with grimalkin, which was how she met the librarian. although she does not read much, veronica will chat her up and enjoys her company. the florist is in awe that she can knit and may occasionally ask for something. they have a bunch of similarities that they've bonded over and veronica has developed a little crush on amelia, hoping that it'll go away before it is revealed by her 'touching magic thingy-ma-blob' as she calls it. despite the crush, she still treats the librarian with the same amount of kindness and respect as before, but has stared at her several times.

oliva cartwright [β˜…] - both are plant lovers and have bonded that well, mostly because olive has visited the flower shop often to be extra hands, which veronica is grateful for. admires her ability to control and talk to plants and thinks of her as a good friend.

claire aster [♦] - have seen multiple times before and have chatted at least once or twice before. but they haven't bonded just yet though. veronica isn't against befriending her and thinks edward, her mouse, is adorable.

jedediah aksel smith [♦] - has mixed feelings about him, considering one of his comments had made her cried once, but he has treated her nicer even since. it confused her. veronica would never go out of her way to be rude but tends to avoid him.

❝i hope you enjoyed your stay at veronica flowers, have a lovely day!❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Last edited by sweet.peaches~ on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:40 am, edited 10 times in total.
sweet.peaches~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

dante dearest~

Postby Takara » Sat May 29, 2021 10:53 am

dante aenoure
general stuff:

twenty years old (january fourth)

male (he/him)

five foot six inches

powers (unrealized): doom sense, seer (mild), calling recognition (for others, will explain as needed)

history:
after a life of extra curriculars and advanced classes, dante graduated highschool at the age of seventeen and college at twenty. as you might imagine, this life led to quite the burnout, earning dante doctor prescribed time off before taking his next step, which was to be the leap into med school. it would appear that he won't be making it back in time for fall enrollment at this point.

personality:
dante is firm, but not unkind. he does not put up with beating around the bush, and may come across as rude when he cuts people off. can be a know it all, because he feels that he does know enough not to put up with other people being wrong. in his prospectful line of work, guessing can get someone killed. being an only child, he's never had to take others' feelings into consideration, and it shows. while this does not paint dante in the most flattering light, it does show him for who he is. given the opportunity, he would not hesistate to offer help, in his haughty way.
Last edited by Takara on Mon May 31, 2021 11:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

dante relations

Postby Takara » Sat May 29, 2021 10:54 am

fc; mark mckenna
Last edited by Takara on Sun May 30, 2021 2:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me