Small Town Secret discussion thread and forms

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: Small Town Secret discussion thread and forms

Postby lilac sky » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:33 am

fawnspots wrote:
    are characters allowed to have the same powers or should they all be unique?

hmmm I’ll say they can be the same, just maybe tweak it a little and make it slightly different :)

Also hello to all the new reservations!
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilac sky » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:18 am

name - Cooper Eaton

age - 17

power - Cooper can create a dark energy (usually only when he’s mad) that takes the physical form of a black cloud of dust. He can then control it, making it do his bidding until he tells it to stop. Sometimes if he doesn’t use it enough it will build up and boil over, causing a weaker form of it to escape and go out of his control for a short period of time.

personality - Cooper tries to be outgoing and friendly. He always wants to be everyone’s friend, and if someone doesn’t like him he will dwell on it for ages. He is a different person when angry, though. He can get to the point where he is so angry he doesn’t care about the consequences of his actions, and he will just go whatever the hell he wants until he calms down. Although he feels bad when he stops being angry and realizes what he did was wrong, we won’t apologize. As much as he doesn’t want to admit it, he hates admitting he was wrong, and that’s why an apology from his is so rare. He can be a sweet, loving person, but you will meet a completely different Cooper when he is angry.

history - Cooper grew up in a small apartment with his single mom, and lived there until he was 16, when her mental state started going downhill. She slowly got worse until she wasn’t even a woman he recognized anymore, and he was forced to get a job and rent his own apartment. He lives alone now, and works most of the time so he can pay for his rent and food. He doesn’t have any other family that he knows of, and his mom has been in the hospital for 8 months. Because of what happened with her he has given up relying on anyone and says he’s happier alone, even though deep down he knows he isn’t.

appearance- Cooper is tall and muscular. He has dark eyes, short curly hair, and olive skin. His ears are pierced and he has a scar on his lip and cheek.

sexuality - he isn’t sure

relationship - none
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilac sky » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:19 am

Once everyone gets their character reservations done I think we’ll have enough to start! Anyone can still join though
... mirror, sky or lilac ... she/her ... leo ... born july 31 ... weird ... reader ... roleplayer ... gamer ... drummer ... equestrian ... runner ... sleep ... awkward ... tired 24/7 ... music ... books ... comics ... candles ... chocolate ... tumblr ... nighttime ... bees ... cats ... horses ... dogs ... nature ... butterflies and moths ... spiders ... flowers ... history ... old buildings ... forests ... the 1975 ...twenty one pilots ... halsey ... melanie martinez ... switchfoot ... u2 ... harry potter ... the lord of the rings | deviantart |
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Small Town Secret ─ 𝑷𝑰𝑬𝑹𝑹𝑬 !

Postby lilac sky » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:57 am

strawbs. wrote:

name. pierre monroe xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx dob. oct 24
nickname. riggs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'sexuality. homoromantic asexual
age. 17 years xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' face claim. son seongjun
gender. male - he/him

❖ riggs has dark brown hair with eyes to match, although they tend to darken to a more black color; sometimes shadows seem to swirl within them, but it's not easily noticeable unless you're looking for it. he has a rather broad build and keeps up a stiff, tall posture. he's quite fond of fashion, dressing up from time to time, seeming to plan his outfits ahead of time. he has a right eyebrow piercing and a small scar on his chin. he is five foot nine.

personality. with an indifferent expression and a bratty attitude, it's not easy to approach a guy like riggs. he's not usually swayed by pity or sympathy, being more of a "suck it up" type of guy. it's easy to tell that there's some sort of barrier always between him and others. he has trouble forming a bond or connecting on an emotional level. the hardships with his ability pushed him away from feeling all the natural emotions a human should feel. it's almost as if he forgets what it's like; when an emotion comes through, he's unsure of how to deal with it, and oftentimes he doesn't really understand them or even himself. he shuts it down, shoving them to the side until they stack up to the point of overflowing. another's pain because of him is enough to tug him away from maintaining a real relationship, whether the victim forgives him or not. generally, riggs is standoffish, though he isn't afraid to speak his mind. he's brutally honest and doesn't beat around the bush or sugarcoat anything. he doesn't budge for the sensitive ones, as he has never in his entire life been labeled as gentle. riggs is fast-paced but careful and alert. he doesn't go into anything recklessly, until he knows enough information to where he feels comfortable. so, he likes to ask questions, and fortunately, he learns quickly. people don't expect many good things from him upon first impressions, but he is incredibly patient and open-minded. what he understands most is that it's impossible to never make mistakes, so he is lenient to those who do. he will not judge somebody based on their past, but rather, their present. he will tolerate those he likes and will attack anyone who puts them down. he never backs away from a fight when he is provoked; he won't cease until he comes out on top.

history. riggs is a secondary name taken from his middle name, though he never really mentions that. instead, he more closely identifies himself as riggs rather than pierre. it didn't used to go that way though. he doesn't really remember his parents. he's locked it away in a chest somewhere in the back of his mind, because they abandoned him when he was younger. having no one to go to, he was taken to an orphanage. for five years, he had waited for a mother or a father, even a grandparent, to show up and take him back. eventually the hope dwindled as he came to the conclusion that they wouldn't. since then, he's hated his true name and began to go by riggs in his form of healing. he was adopted by who had been currently fostering him, into a home of a married couple with two other boys and one girl. he was the youngest of the brothers. it's tense between him and his adoptive parents. it's awkward between him and his siblings, except for the little girl, who didn't understand what was happening in the first place. riggs takes care of her, but is practically ignored by his brothers. he grew up to be independent, reliant on himself. his father maintains high expectations of him, expecting nothing less than a prodigy, like his eldest brother. unfortunately, riggs is not him, so they argue a lot. both parents work, but his mother doesn't take the time that she can to bond with him; as far as she can see, he's the family's troublemaker. his powers had always been there and never that quiet. his adoptive father made riggs swear on his life to not tell anyone, hounded on him to not even use an ounce of his abilities, not purposefully anyways. he practiced in secrecy, figured out all the little quirks, learning the art of control, although it doesn't always work. on the off day that he lost himself, his adoptive mother was there to witness it, and he learned then that she had never been told this information. now it's even more tense.

abilities and weaknesses
    ─ darkness embodiment, becoming a physical manifestation of darkness as well as having minimal control of the shadows that surround him
    ─ empowered by negative emotions from self and others; he can get lost in his own anger, sadness, pain, or fear, letting them steer his behavior
    ─ shadows will swirl around his body if he is overwhelmed or taken over by strong emotions
    ─ darkness needs to be released regularly to prevent loss of control from build-up
    ─ it's difficult for him to tap in and out of this form, or regain control, due to the emotions that come with it, as they are easy to get caught up in
    ─ his power aids him in strength, speed, and resilience, but exhaustion and injuries will catch up over time; he can get hurt without realizing it
    ─ photophobic, meaning he is sensitive to light; it's not that severe, though

XXXX

Accepted!
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Small Town Secret ─ 𝙎𝘼𝙂𝙀 !

Postby lilac sky » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:14 pm

strawbs. wrote:

name. sage deckerxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" dob. jun 19
nickname. none xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'"sexuality. questioning
age. 16 years xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"face claim. bang junhyuk
gender. male - he/him

❖ sage has unnaturally vibrant red hair (and is naturally blonde) with hazel eyes. he has a small, scrawny build and maintains a rather relaxed posture. a few small scars litter his body, but there's one that's noticeable on his left calf. he is five foot eight. he doesn't entirely care about how he looks, usually just throwing a set of clothes together and calling it good. his outfits are loose and comfortable; he hardly ever dresses up, unless an occasion requires it.

personality. sage is truly a boy who doesn't know any better. he's too curious for his own good, thus, extremely nosy and pressing with his questions. he's too charitable for his own good, and will forgive everyone for anything no matter how severe, all in the name of friendship. he's the kid who gave his toys away for free because another kid wanted it. while easily manipulated, people don't notice that he's smarter than he seems. he knows the difference between good and bad, and that's enough for him to decide what route to take when it comes down to it. he exhausts himself trying to guide others towards the right path; oftentimes he forgets his own needs and desires. he doesn't know when enough is enough, and when to leave something be. he, however, knows exactly how to push buttons, without really knowing that's what he's doing. sage doesn't take up social cues very well. in fact, he's rather awkward with interactions, but very welcoming and friendly nonetheless, so there's that. he won't notice that another is mad or sad, and seems completely blind to a flirt; he has to be told in a more straightforward manner. adventure runs in his blood and he gets bored easily without it; with that comes a slight case of recklessness. he likes to stand out from the crowd, do things that some don't have the guts to do. he dyes his hair crazy colors and isn't afraid of heights. for the most part, sage is good at maintaining a carefree, level-headed demeanor when it feels like the world around him is falling apart. he may not be good with words, but he provides a calming aura in dire times of need, and he'll stay awake an entire night or two for someone who can't sleep. he goes with the flow of things instead of trying to control a situation that he knows he can't. he comes off as blissfully unaware, but he's not anywhere near that. he just chooses to be a pillar in the lives of others, so he keeps up a strong, positive outlook to help put those more at ease, but he forgets that he's human too.

history. sage is an only child. at the age of eleven, after many arguments which he seemed to always witness, his parents divorced and he had remembered it as the most heartbreaking experience. he lived with his mother, visiting his father occasionally, though eventually that dwindled down to not seeing him at all. his father never called him or tried to see him, and sage still wracks his brain about it, wondering why it's like that. so, he hasn't heard or seen his father since he was thirteen. he holds nothing against him, only wishes he'd come back into his life. right now, it's just him and his mother, who's been dating around since, but sage doesn't really like the men that she gets with, and it never usually works out. sage's ability bloomed rather late. he woke up in the middle of the night, having almost frozen his bed completely, having almost frozen him completely. every day he's woken up by his own shivers, but he refuses to tell anyone, not even his own mom. he's tried to control it but he's far too scared of his own capabilities so he doesn't really do much to practice with it. he just kind of wants to ignore its existence to be honest.

abilities and weaknesses
    ─ manipulate ice; freeze water
    ─ skin is cooler than normal, and his regular body temp continues to get lower with age
    ─ will sometimes go through cold flashes
    ─ heat make him feel fatigued and sometimes dizzy the longer he's in that environment
    ─ the cold will irritate him and his powers
    ─ control is tied to emotions and training
    ─ lack of control may possibly begin freezing him from the inside
    ─ overall not very experienced with his abilities due keeping them hidden

XXXX

Accepted! Looks soooo good
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawbs. » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:42 pm

awesome! i'm excited for this c: my two chars are open for discussing relations and such if anyone's got ideas
strawbs.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilac sky » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:10 pm

Aww I’m so glad you’re excited :) I am too

Don’t be afraid to PM me if you would like to set up any relations with my characters, even after we start role playing!
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:27 pm

My characters are also open for relations! Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss. c:
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby metalmouth » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:30 pm

hey there! completely new to the thread and excited about this rp~ what sort of powers are allowed (if there's any kind of theme you're wanting to stick with for powers/abilities I'll switch up my character!)
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

we are stars
fashioned in the flesh and bone
we are moons
throw ourselves around each other
we are oceans
being controlled by the pull of another
and i just wanna be loved by you

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
welcome home, angel <3
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
metalmouth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilac sky » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:59 pm

metalmouth wrote:hey there! completely new to the thread and excited about this rp~ what sort of powers are allowed (if there's any kind of theme you're wanting to stick with for powers/abilities I'll switch up my character!)

Ahh hello welcome!
Any are fine honestly, I’ll let you know if I think of any that aren’t. If you have something that involves mind control or reading or anything similar that involves directly manipulating another character, just be sure you ask for permission from that characters player before you do anything :) also if it’s something that could drastically effect the story be sure you just check in here with everyone before you do it. That’s all I can think of for now :)
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me