♅ _Academy for the Hybrid_ ♅ ~ Discussion

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: ♅ _Academy for the Hybrid_ ♅ ~ Discussion

Postby Probably a Doctor » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:15 am

Sorry about that!
I don't normally do the running of Rps, I'll make sure I edit that in
Thank you!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
═══════════════════════
┌─────────────────────┐
xHe/Him - "Mick" / "Doctor" -xImage
└─────────────────────┘

xT O L DxxU SxxH O WxxY O U
┌───────────────────┐
xInstagram/My Art Shop/Tumblr
└───────────────────┘

════════
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Probably a Doctor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Aristide - Jane - Kristian - Tavish - Nicolas

Postby doc . » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:18 am

Name;; Aristide LaFleur
Age;; 20
Gender;; Cis-Male
Appearance;; the tattoo number 4815 on his back - as well as horrible burns. He's tall and skinny, though strong enough. His hair is dark grey, with lighter grey streaks from the front - tentacles are blue - scales running up his arms from his clawed hands are blue as well

Species;; Humanoid Cecaelia
Powers;; Breathing underwater, shifting from sea form to human form (torso up, human - torso down, octopus)
Personality/History;; He is a puzzle, wrapped in an enigma, shrouded in riddles, lovingly sprinkled with intrigue, express mailed to Mystery, Alaska, and LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU! but it is too late. You're dead. For he is a LaFleur - globetrotting rogue, lady killer (metaphorically) and mankiller (for real). Hailing from an indeterminate region of France, the Spy is an enthusiast of sharp suits and even sharper knives. Aristide has false teeth where he hides tiny provisions and a miniature knife inside; this is seen later. His face was also partially shown, revealing that his hair is dark grey.
Weaknesses;; ignorant people, the people he loves getting hurt, and iron (metal)

Sexuality;; Bisexual
Crush;; TBD

Relationships;; <x> - None Yet!
Family;; Mick Mundy (adopted brother)
Extra;; Comes from France and speaks French, just doesn't speak stupid

Name;; Jane Doe
Age;; 22
Gender;; Cis-Male
Appearance;; a rustic brown color - eyes both are bright blue - build is Large and Muscular, he isn't playing around. He has a scar over one eye, and a short haircut. He's pretty menacing at first, but a sweetheart when you get to know him. - Anters sticking from his head

Species;; Deer Hybrid
Personality/History;; Though he wanted desperately to fight in World War 2, the Soldier was rejected
from every branch of the U.S. military. Undaunted, he bought his own ticket to
Europe. After arriving and finally locating Poland, the Soldier taught himself how
to load and fire a variety of weapons before embarking on a Nazi killing spree for
which he was awarded several medals that he designed and made himself. His
rampage ended immediately upon hearing about the end of the war in 1949. The Soldier is a crazed, jingoistic patriot from America's heartland. Tough and well-armed, he is versatile, capable of both offense and defense.
His mother had hoped for a girl when Jane was born, and was disappointed to have a boy instead. She named him Jane anyways and forced him to wear dresses as a child, letting him grow up gender confused.
His brother thinks he's a crazed lunatic who talks to inanimate objects and hurts him
Weaknesses;; He isn't very quick witted, and may be a bit slow in the head. Though he's loveable all the same. Also is afraid of others thinking he's weak and useless - Don't offer him a salad

Sexuality;; Bicurious
Crush;; <x> - PM me to start anything!

Relationships;; <x> - None yet!
Family;; Tavish DeGroot (adopted brother) - Johnny Doe (Brother) - Margret Doe (mother) - John Doe (Father / Deceased)
Extra;; He likes all sorts of animals, and loves to play around[
It’s pretty much directly stated that he has brain damage, resulting in delusions and cognitive impairment that border on dementia. His history suggests he was brain damaged by lead poisoning in the water, but I’m certain he had preexisting problems from old head trauma. That helmet has an important function!
On top of that, Jane has Tourette Syndrome, but I don’t mean the coprolalia version you see in TV and movies, where someone involuntarily shouts obscenities. He commonly has sudden verbal outbursts and physical tics that manifest in his drill sergeant persona.

Name;; Kristian Arzt Ludwig
Age;; 25
Gender;; Cis-Male
Appearance;; standing tall and lanky, this
piece of wood looks like he needed to eat a sandwich once in a
while
Though he's not overly skinny, he's still close to being underweight.
Black fuzzy hair on his head that can come into a curl near the front,
his face is thin and pale. Along with glasses resting on his roman nose,
all he usually wears is a white shirt, a red tie, and a brown vest covering
it all along with black pants and boots. He also has nine fingers instead
of ten, he has no left index finger. Also wears red gloves sometimes
Due to an attack from a plague, he's missing a leg and is replaced with a
bionic one
Half of his face his burnt from a fire.. but he's still pretty
Right?

Species;; Winged Human -- Has large white wings on his back
that drag on the ground when he walks
Powers;; Usually can heal people, but he takes the wound or
injury in and lets the other walk healed while he has the injury he just healed
Personality/History;; Kristian is a Teutonic man of medicine.
While he may have a tenuous adherence to medical ethics, he is nonetheless
the primary healing class of the team. What he lacks in compassion for the sick,
respect for human dignity, and any sort of verifiable formal training in medicine,
Kris more than makes up for with a bottomless supply of giant needles and a
trembling enthusiasm for plunging them into exposed flesh. Raised in Rottenburg,
Germany during an era when the Hippocratic oath had been downgraded to an
optional Hippocratic suggestion, Kristian considers healing a generally unintended
side effect of satisfying his own morbid curiosity. He grew up alongside his father,
who was also an aspiring doctor, but he died, leaving Kris alone with nobody to care
for him. Also leaving him with no rules to follow, and everyone knows how the
Hippocratic Oath states 'to do no harm'..
Weaknesses;; Heights - Large animals - Water - Put downs

Sexuality;; Homosexual
Crush;; <x>

Relationships;; <x>
Family;; Josef Heilburg (Deceased) -

Extra;; Owns multiple pet birds
I don’t like simply labeling characters as “crazy.” Yeah, he’s got the mad scientist thing going on, but I think that stems from Bipolar Disorder. Specifically, Krstian has type I, which is what people usually think of when they imagine bipolar behavior: extended periods of elevated mood (or hypomania) punctuated with full manic episodes, which can take on psychotic features. There may or may not be periods of depression. He doesn’t seem to swing that way, but it’s possible.

He’s DEFINITELY a self-medicator. A bit of smoking and a bit of drinking probably help to calm him down when he gets too high-strung. I doubt he takes pills for it, e.g. lithium or anti-convulsants, because of the high likelihood of side-effects. I could see him doing some DIY ECT, though. Getting too unstable? A few brain zaps, and he’s right as rain!

Bonus fact! Did you know that a German term to call someone insane is to say that they “have a bird”? It might come from folklore about insane people literally having bird familiars living in their heads, or it might be something like calling someone a “crazy cat lady,” where people who keep birds will talk to them too much and seem a bit off. Just thought that was interesting!

Username;; ---
Name;; Tavish Finnegan DeGroot
Age;; 25
Gender;; Male
Appearance;; Dark skin - Brown eye - Eyepatch - Missing limb - 6'6" - stocking cap - Large, muscular and bulky for his age - soft silver scales up his neck and down his back, along his arm and to his elbow - small fangs - Tiny stubby horns on his head
Species;; Cirein-cròin Hybrid (Mythical Scottish Sea Dragon)
Powers;; Breathing underwater - Camouflage
Personality/History;; Tavish is a drunk-swilling demolitions expert from the Scottish town of Ullapool, and is one of the more versatile members of the team. A master of explosives, Tavish strategically deals indirect and mid-range combat and massive splash damage. Fin uses his only good eye and the knowledge of his surrounding environment for well-timed detonations that send enemies skyward, often in many pieces. Should anyone get past his explosive ordinance however, they will be shocked to learn that he is extremely proficient at melee combat, being one of the deadliest melee users, with a variety of powerful melee unlocks in his arsenal. A fierce temper, a fascination with all things explosive, and a terrible plan to kill the Loch Ness Monster cost the six year old Tavish his original set of adoptive parents. Later, at the Crypt Grammar School for Orphans near Ullapool in the Scottish Highlands, the boy's bomb-making skills improved dramatically. His disposition and total number of intact eyeballs, however, did not.
Word of his proficiency with explosives spread, and it was not long before Crypt Grammar received two visitors; Finnegan's real parents, who lovingly explained that all DeGroot's are abandoned at birth until their skills manifest themselves, a long-standing, cruel, and wholly unnecessary tradition among the Highland DeGroot Men. His unhappy childhood had ended, but his training had just begun.
Weaknesses;; he's calmed by a soothing voice or song - He also has just one arm, so its pretty easy to.. disarm him >^> -
Sexuality;; Bisexual
Crush;; Rosa

Relationships;; <x>
Family;; Jane Doe
Extra;; He lost his eye to a side show carney, and his arm in one of his bomb accidents - Voice is nice and Scottish - Enjoys a nice drink every now and then,
Tavish’s a severe alcoholic, to the degree that stopping drinking cold turkey would probably kill him. His body even rejects normal food and drink because it’s learned to get energy just from booze, and his body, in times of withdrawal, can make its own alcohol supply, which an actual real thing. It’s called Auto-Brewery Syndrome, where microbes in the gut can convert carbs into ethanol. Tavish must just have the most advanced case of it in human history!

Username;; "
Name;; Nicolas Crowder
Age;; 23
Gender;; Cis-Male
Appearance;; 6'2" - strong and healthy
- mullet type 'do pulled back with a hairband - blue eyes - covers the tops
of his hands with gloves to hide the scars that crawl up his arms and across
his chest - real tall and muscular - Also has scales on his neck and cheeks, along with his clawed hands - tribal tattoos scattered across his arms and chest - horns atop his head (buried in the hair of course) - gills on his neck - sharp canines

Species;; Crocodile Hybrid
Powers;; Can breathe underwater - Swim fast underwater
Personality/History;; In his former life as a tracker of dangerous game in the
unforgiving Australian outback, Nic would spend months by himself. Prolonged
isolation taught him a valuable lesson: You don't have to rely on other people if you
never miss. Hailing from the lost country of New Zealand and raised in the unforgiving
Australian outback, Crowder is a tough and ready crack shot. Half rugged outdoorsman,
half alien observer, this taciturn strip of beef jerky has spent the better part of his life
alone in the bush, slow baking under the Australian sun.
Weaknesses;; He doesn't like being out of the water for long - Hates vegetables - big crowds in tiny rooms - talking on the telephone - cold climates

Sexuality;; Pansexual
Crush;; <TBD>

Relationships;; Not a lot of friends
Family;; Adoptive parents back in New Zealand
Extra;; Voice is deep and sexy (Australian Accent) - Enjoys going out to hunt -
Takes long jogs every day, Swims, Does sports ect. - Mick has some Agoraphobia. Not to a debilitating degree, but he hates being stuck in what feel like insecure places. It’s actually a symptom of Avoidant Personality Disorder, which he also has. It’s thought to result from feeling abandoned and alienated by other people at a young age. (*cough*orphanedbybirthparentsandraisedinAustralia*cough*) In addition to agoraphobia, signs include self-imposed social isolation, emotional distance, mistrust, and an inferiority complex. If he does have APD, he’s integrated it neatly into his occupation, where distance is a good thing.
Last edited by Probably a Doctor on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
doc .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rye1717 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:22 am

It's all good!
I may join sometime soon, idk, depends on if in can come up with a good character or not lol
Rye1717

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfiedog3 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:29 am

This seems amazing. I might join if I can find the time to look at character pictures. Still, I will mostly likely join in at sometime. Probably soon thought.

Wolfiedog3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Probably a Doctor » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:37 am

Wonderful!
Hopefully in time things will run a little more smoothly
I also hope to have my RP running skills down as well
Thanks for the patience!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
═══════════════════════
┌─────────────────────┐
xHe/Him - "Mick" / "Doctor" -xImage
└─────────────────────┘

xT O L DxxU SxxH O WxxY O U
┌───────────────────┐
xInstagram/My Art Shop/Tumblr
└───────────────────┘

════════
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Probably a Doctor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adder the snek girl

Postby lady beneviento » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:48 am

"Pick your POISON"
Adder Serpenti
Snake Hybrid

Sexuality: Lesbian
Appearance: From the waist up, Adder is a lovely girl, with porcelain skin, and a slender, shapely body. She has striking bluish grey eyes and long, wavy purple hair. Adder has a nose ring, an upper lip piercing, and multiple ear piercings. From the waist down, Adder has the body of a White Lipped Python. Unlike the python, she has two sharp, venomous fangs.
Powers: Adder has the long, powerful lower body of a snake, making her deadly fast and strong. She has two venom filled fangs, the venom can cause temporary hallucinations and paralysis but nothing permanent.
Personality: Adder is a rebel. She doesn't like being told what to do, and usually when she sees a list of 'what not to do' she thinks 'challenge accepted'. She has a way with people, she is a smooth talker, with a quick wit. She doesn't have to try to impress anybody, usually her glimmering rainbow tinged tail does all the work for her. Adder is a natural flirt, and manipulation comes easy to her.
Snake tail reference; White lipped python: Image
Last edited by lady beneviento on Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"don't leave, i can't let you"
lady beneviento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nawratus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:00 am

Oooo I'm making a Serpent Hybrid too. I'm almost done with her form actually.
Nawratus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfiedog3 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:11 am

Seems people like Serpent Hybrids. I will most likely be making a Female Winged Hybrid and a Male Deer Hybrid.

Wolfiedog3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Probably a Doctor » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:12 pm

Mobile!
Sounds wunderbar! I will make sure they are reserved!!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██