from the woods > d & f > closed

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: from the woods > d & f > o & a

Postby berrybbtr » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:08 am

Hi! i wanting to submit a form if yall are accepting still
Can a woman be a guardsmen?
berrybbtr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zhelaniye » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:29 pm

@the viking goddess i appreciate your devotion to the role play and your kind words about its plot and beginnings! as for your book and character information, it's awesome to hear that you're making good progress, and i'd probably check it out if you posted some of it on the writing forums here, but I second scarlet's words of caution, because i'd hate to see it get stolen from you!

@scarlet and the viking goddess the confusion here is completely my fault, because i absolutely should have caught that when i accepted cordovia! i was thinking that age, rather than gender, would be the determining factor when it came to heirs, but i'm realizing now that i didn't really spell that out anywhere, so if we want to go another direction with it as a group (e.g. gender is the determining factor of heirship), i'm open to it! i'm so sorry for the lack of clarity, though!

@berrybbtr hi there and welcome! we are still accepting, so if you'd like to join, please do! i'm fine with you making a female guardsman; we don't have any in the role play yet, but we do have a female soldier, so i don't see why a woman couldn't be a guardsman! c:

@boxen i'll post for ronan again as soon as i can! i meant to do it on saturday, and then yesterday, and then again today, but time just got away from me! i'm so sorry for the delay!
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby berrybbtr » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:15 pm

Raina Pace
full nameRaina Pace
preferred name ↠ Rain, Raina, Guardswoman Pace
gender ↠ female
age ↠ 27
species ↠ human
Looks↠ 5 ft 8, short hair, black hair and dark eyes, strong
rank ↠guards(wo)man
sexual orientation ↠ bi
romantic interest ↠ admires Sersha, unsure if really romantic
spouse ↠ na
children ↠ wants
positive traits ↠ Passionate, Independent
negative traits ↠ Reckless,Coarse
History↠Personality ↠↠ born to a singe mother in a neighboring city, she was often sent out to roam with the urchin children, begging or stealing so she wouldnt bother her mother. Her other option was to wash linens until her hands cracked beneath lye beside her mother. When her mother passed from a sickness one winter she was turned from her home into the cold . She lived with other orphans on the streets that winter, pilfering and strangely growing attached to one another. Until spring came. instead of the father shed always dreamt of swooping in to save her and her mother from a grey existence she got her beast of an aunt and uncle, who, after the death of 2 of their 3 sons, were eager for extra hands on the farm.
Raina put herself to work hard at the age of 8. Working out her anger of her mothers passing, the failure of her father, and the unkindness of her Uncle by digging madly into the dirt and doing chores. When she could, escaping to the village to play with the other children. As boring as it was, the slower village life helped her heal, though she did miss her old friends and had a hard time adjusting to how quiet it could be at night. Focused and bright the anger released in chores made her strong and she turned this energy to learning the right end of a sword, joining a small local barrack at 16, if only to get away from her remaining family.
She was good at fighting, enjoyed the feeling of heavy armor around her and the grip of a sword in her hands, but found herself conflicted over war and battles. After a few campaigns she applied herself to the ranks of the guardsmen at 25, more content to protect lives and uphold the law.
Raina trains relentlessly, unworked frustrations and feelings she desnt want to deal with coming loose as she batters a dummy.. She is hardworking and loyal. Unfortunately she often has a hard time recognizing others may not have her drive and can come off as snappish or rude. Kinder people would call her Impatient.
She recognizes it as a flaw but claims it is just how she was made.
Nevertheless on her nights off she can be found at the inn, drinking and playing cards with the soldiers. She works with them less and it is easier to get along with them rather than the ones she annoys.
Weapon of Choice Sword and shield, learning archery,
Home ↠ When not at the barracks Raina rents a spare room from a widowed baker. She is not often off duty but appreciates the small space she can call her on her off days
Kin ↠
Cousin to Kain Butcher
Niece to Lidia Butcher nee Revart↠ deceased
Niece to Renold Butcher↠ deceased
Daughter to Severa Butcher ↠ deceased
Theres a orange cat that runs around the barracks she feeds sometimes and calls Thom

Kain Butcher
-removed-
full nameKain Butcher
preferred name ↠ K, Kain
gender ↠ male
age ↠ 23
species ↠ human
Looks↠ 5 ft ten, skinny, with a small beer belly but strong back from farm work. Brown hair and black eyes
rank ↠ farmer
sexual orientation ↠ bi
romantic interest ↠ na
spouse ↠na ↠ was married briefly to a girl who lived on the homestead, it was arranged and they were married at 18. They got along ok but werent in love, both had flings on the side they didnt acknowledge. She passed away 3 years ago due complications with pregnancy
children ↠ na
positive traits ↠ Sociable, Daring, Witty
negative traits ↠ Forgetful, Sensitive, Apathetic
History↠Personality↠↠ Born to poor sharecroppers, Kain was the youngest of 3 children. HIs older brothers were twins, although he loved them he doesnt remember much of them but that they passed when her was 3 and they 12. The following spring his cousin Raina moved in. They got along ok but did their own thing. When she went to join the army they were forced to downsize their plot of land and his parents rushed him into an early marriage before they eventually passed. Rather than be angry or frustrated with the work and his lot Kain has become someone who rolls with lifes punches, content with his lot and resigned that no matter what he does his fate is out of his hands. It makes him rather fun at the tavern when he bursts into song uncaring he cant carry a tune, or having a go at dice with the other men in the barn, instead of being in his cups complaining or bemoaning his lot but it can annoy others who may wish to know him more deeply or want to discuss serious matters. When accused of being frivolous or something similar he becomes annoyed and waspish, completely shutting out the other person. It causes tensions between he and his cousin, who attempt to visit each other at least once a month, they usually stick to letters.
Home ↠ Lives in one small building on a homestead, caring for his piece of land and the goats and chickens that are his. His home has 3 rooms, 1 for living and 2 bedrooms though one is really more a closet. The homestead has about 5 other families living there in similar homes to him to him.
Kin↠
Husband to Ana Serf ↠ deceased
Cousin to Raina Pace.
Son of Lidia and Renold Butcher ↠ deceased
Nephew of Severa Butcher ↠ deceased
Brother of Lynn and Herius Butcher ↠ deceased
Last edited by rheia on Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed copyrighted content
berrybbtr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zhelaniye » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:05 am

@berrybbtr raina and kain are accepted! ill get them added to the front page now! i'm really intrigued by their familial relationship and shared history and i can't wait to see what they bring to the role play! c:
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boxen. » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:14 pm

zhelaniye wrote:
    @boxen i'll post for ronan again as soon as i can! i meant to do it on saturday, and then yesterday, and then again today, but time just got away from me! i'm so sorry for the delay!

Absolutely no worries on my end! I had a big project deadline last week and have been going out alot so I haven't been keeping too much of an eye on things haha
Take care and don't stress about it :D
Boxen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby multicurious » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:39 am

I'm sorry, I seem to have disappeared again. I'm adjusting to a new work schedule, and that's been hard, but I want to post again soon.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zhelaniye » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:11 pm

@everyone hello all! i'm also sorry for disappearing for a bit there; i've had quite a bit going on, and my region is currently experiencing a nasty heat wave (which i've been weathering without ac in my house!), so i haven't been able to be around as much as i'd like to be! that said, i'm hopeful that i'll be able to get posts up for both of my boys this weekend, if anyone or everyone is still here!

i also hope everyone is doing well. these are tough times we're living in for a lot of reasons, but i'm thinking of you guys and rooting for you all! <3
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby montmorency » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:32 pm

i'm still kicking! this summer has definitely been busier for me than i expected, but i'm still super excited for this rp :)

@zhelaniye ahh good luck! hopefully these heat waves cool down soon, and you're staying safe!
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scarlet_benoit » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:57 am

I'm still here :)
scarlet_benoit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the viking goddess » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:25 am

hey i am super sorry for missing. i had an emergency surgery to get some things taken care of and i had an abrupt meeting with my editors for my book, which by mistaken i left my computer at home. i will be getting to everything soon! (meaning today/tomorrow) since i am on bed rest and not working on my book today. but i am still here and hope you all are doing well!
┌──────────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────────────┐
======call me vi, if you want ^^
=====she/her pronouns please c:
===rough twenties - gemini in zodiac.
====aspiring author - creative writer.
└──────────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────────────┘
┌─────── ・ 。゚★: *.☪ .* :☆゚. ───────┐
====character storage/plot corner
==current multi player role-plays: x x
===current 1x1 role-plays: x x x x x
===-favorite characters: x x x x x
└─────── ・ 。゚★: *.☪ .* :☆゚. ───────┘
┌─────────────────── ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ───────────────────┐
naturally friendly - friends?
anime/manga addict.
supernatural/fantasy inspired.
looking for role-plays | multi & 1x1's - invite?
add me here on cs or discord "the viking goddess#8141"
wip!!

└─────────────────── ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ───────────────────┘
the viking goddess

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me