Secrets of Chicago (Discussion and Characters)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: Secrets of Chicago (Discussion and Characters)

Postby Craboom-047 » Tue May 18, 2021 2:03 pm

Full Name: Adrian Taylors
Nickname (if any): he has none for now
Pronouns: he/him
Sexuality: heteroflexible
Role: Here for Work
Species: human
Powers: none
Appearance: Adrian stands at an average height of 5'10" with a more lanky build. He has shoulder length chestnut hair he often says has a mind of its own, despite his attempts to control it. He has a fair complexion, despite being prone to bad cases of acne. He has light brown eyes and a scar that cuts through part of his left eyebrow from an accident when he was younger. He typically wears simple looking casual clothes, often composed of striped t shirts of monochrome polo shirts and shorts or pants.

Personality: Adrian is considered to be a confident and cheery guy known for being outgoing and friendly. He is known as the type who makes friends with all sorts of people, and he tends to be the type who wants people to like him. Despite his efforts to work on himself, he still finds himself somewhat set in his ways. His confidence is more of a detriment as it is a disguise for his naivety and certainty in things he refuses to change his mind about. He is excitable and optimistic about his life after college, especially moving to a new place. He is not afraid to show his excitement over his circumstances, mainly because he sees it as a cover for some insecurities he would much rather keep deep down, where he does not have to face them.

Short Bio: Adrian was born into a rather average family in a small town in Virginia. He had a rather average life, as he claims, seeing as he does not have any notable things to say about his childhood. He never really had much of a passion for things, causing him to go into whatever others recommended for him. He was popular growing up, which he grew to enjoy. He went into business in college, and despite his struggles he managed to get a masters at 24. Now with that out of the way he seeks to start living a new life, hence the move to Chicago, a place he has always wanted to go.

Other:
Craboom-047

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Craboom-047 » Tue May 18, 2021 4:53 pm

Full Name: Metilaeno Aquithea
Nickname (if any): as a human she goes by Maeve, some who know her well enough call her Meti
Age: appears to be around 25 (although she is much older)
Pronouns: she/her, but does not care
Sexuality: pansexual
Role: the Weapon Enchanter
Species: Siren
Powers: aside from her Siren song she has the ability of absorption/transferral of enchantments (which allows her to perform her job)
Appearance: In her human form, Meti is an androgynous presenting person, standing around 5'6" with medium length wavy black hair that has some cyan streaks in the front (near her bangs). She has cyan eyes and slightly tinted skin within her tan (albeit blotchy) complexion. She tends to wear casual clothes that often contribute to her androgynous appearance, however she is known to wear skirts every once in a while.
Her Siren form has her hair turn a darker shade of cyan, whilst her skin takes on a lighter shade of cyan. Her ears become more fin like, her fangs appear, and her gils become more noticeable. Her hands are full webbed and she has a medium length cyan tail with fins on the end. She also presents a more feminine looking figure in this form.

Personality: Meti is quite a reserved and secretive creature. She is the type to keep to herself whenever she can and only bothers to interact with others out of obligation/by request. Due to being a siren, she tends to keep quiet, hoping to convince others she is mute, which she makes sure to work around this hurdle in any way she could. She has had many obstacles to face in her life, making her quick to adapt and look for solutions to problems. She has grown to be quite innovative all throughout her life, doing what she can to make things easier for her day to day life. She lives in a closed off area where she likes to spend most of her time, however she does like to go out and explore the place when she has the chance. She wishes to one day find some form of companionship, but finding someone she can trust is not easy for her. She wishes for things to get better, but for the time being she is satisfied with how things are.

Short Bio: Meti was born into a small group of Sirens that lived off the coast of Florida. She was raised as any other siren, taught to avoid humans unless in disguise or if in groups. She was going to live the life her mother planned out for her until it was discovered she had special powers, unlike most of her species. This discovery motivated her to want more out of life. She would come to sneak out in her early adult years, promising her mother she would be okay. She would end up in Chicago making full use of her powers in hopes of making a living for herself. She found herself relieved to be in Chicago, as she has easy access to the lake, where she could rejuvenate herself. She has lived this way for a while, not wishing to leave out of fear of losing to what she worked hard to build up.

Other: she is a selective mute, primarily due to her Siren abilities
Craboom-047

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed May 19, 2021 1:11 am

Accepted!
I'll write up the starting post shortly, though if anyone reading that hasn't joined yet and would still like to are more than welcome to fill any open roles!
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Craboom-047 » Wed May 19, 2021 9:28 am

Full Name: Joshua Reynolds
Nickname (if any): he goes by Josh
Sexuality: homoflexible
Role: the Mysterious
Appearance: Joshua stands at 5'7" with a more confident posture and muscular build. He has relatively short dirty blonde hair that he does his best to keep up as best as he could. He has a blotchy yet pale complexion as well as green eyes. He has a strange sense of fashion, often not sure how to dress for most situations. He prioritizes comfort and functionality, however, having outfits that allow him to be prepared for whatever may happen.

Personality: Joshua embraces the title of mysterious in any way he can. Being relatively untrusting of those around him, he finds it optimal to keep as much of himself as he can a secret. He knows supernaturals could be anywhere so it is best to keep a low profile. He has managed to be more involved within the community over the years, but he is still suspicious of these creatures and their possible motives with the humans. He once had a soft side he hopes to bring back out one day, but he knows he needs to find other humans he knows he can really trust. Although, deep down a small portion of him believes this may be possible one day, even if it is decades down the line.

Short Bio: Not much is known about Josh's backstory, and that is the way he wishes to keep things that way. He was born in Arizona and spent most of his young life there until moving to Chicago when he was 14. He was excited to move when way back when, but after all these years he cannot say he feels the same. He says very little about his time since moving to Chicago. It is clear he has managed to adapt to the circumstances and lives his life the best way he can, but he cannot help but wonder if he will be able to live the life he really wants.

Other: Didn't quite have the time to finish this one yesterday but here it is
Craboom-047

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed May 19, 2021 10:02 am

That's alright! He's great!

Also, I've started the roleplay. I'd recommend that the new/visiting humans already be in Chicago and are about to stumble upon the supernatural world, but you can have a couple of posts to set that up if you'd like.
For everyone else, they can be pretty much anywhere - human or supernatural world. I've got Ryker and Lucinda in the Supernatural Archives if anyone would like to tag them, and Xanthe is out on the streets, walking back towards one of the supernatural backstreets.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the family visitor - alexandre de alcântara

Postby Foe Paw » Thu May 20, 2021 7:27 am

Full Name: Alexandre de Alcântara
Nickname: Alex
Sexuality: pansexual
Role: visiting family
Appearance: Standing at 5'8, Alex has a stocky build that shows he's athletic but not very concerned with looks. Ginger hair, kept short and shaved on the sides; has a full beard. Pale skin, spotted with freckles. His right leg has been amputated below the knee. Besides the fresh mass of scar tissue on the leg and climbing up his right side, he has a couple of other small scars, result of a physically active outdoor career. Speaks with a fairly strong Brazilian accent. Has a tattoo of a bouquet of flowers on his left forearm. Usually wears comfortable clothes, with a flat cap, a rosary made of fire agate, and a whistle around his neck for accessories. On his right leg, he has a blade prosthetic.

Personality: Has an inquisitive nature - or, as he'd put it, being terminally nosy. Alex enjoys learning new things, talking to people and especially spending time in nature. Although he loves sharing the places he loves with people and takes just as much joy in hearing people talk about the things they're enthusiastic about, he also has an introverted streak that led him to pick a career that has him sometimes spend several days without seeing another human, and that was just fine with him.
His chronically low self esteem manifests in self-effacing humor and a people-pleasing nature that borders on self-sacrificial. Places a lot of his worth on the idea that his career as a park ranger lets him protect natural landscapes, help and inform people traveling through these parks. The accident that cost him his leg might be effectively the end to his dream job and his ability to be useful, and he's finding it difficult to center himself and move forwards.

Short Bio: Alex is the middle child of a large family of Brazilian immigrants, mostly centered around Chicago but spreading all over. A childhood of interest in hiking and nature conservation led him to move to California to get a Bachelor's degree in Recreation Management, and then becoming a National Park Ranger. He's spent a couple of years living the dream: patrolling beautiful wilderness preserves, becoming a backcountry hero and getting to wear the iconic hat. Alex performed law enforcement, fire fighting, and search and rescue in the Yosemite Park and later moving to Utah, to work in the Zion Park. Almost a year ago, he was conducting research on water quality on an isolated laboratory and suffered an accident while climbing, ending up trapped in a ravine for almost a day. When he missed the check-in, a search and rescue operation was called, much to his chagrin in having to be rescued by his coworkers. The leg that was broken in the fall ended up infected and had to be amputated. He's spent the next year in recovery, moving to Las Vegas to spend time with his sister Sílvia as support in the process of getting a prosthetic and then more physical therapy. He's still in medical leave and unsure on how to proceed forward with his career with this disability. Alex came to Chicago with Sílvia for the annual family reunion of the de Alcântaras, to celebrate his grandmother's birthday and also as a reason to gather the large, scattered family for a couple of days.

Other: Has taken to carrying a 24-hour pack everywhere he goes. This is a large canvas bag used by search and rescue members filled with enough equipment to let someone safely spend 24 hours on the field. Walking around with compass, first aid kit and rope everywhere he goes in the middle of a city is far from practical, but he loathes the idea of being caught unprepared again.
Foe Paw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu May 20, 2021 7:44 am

He looks great! Accepted~
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:56 pm

Hey Craboom! I don’t know where Metilaeno’s destination is, but if she’s around Izzy and Evan, would you like them to tag her as well? (Provided that it ok with infectedhau!)
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:01 pm

Full Name: Zachary Lee
Nickname (if any): Zach (used most of the time)
Sexuality: bisexual
Role: the jokester
Species: Human (accustomed)
Powers: n/a
Appearance: Zach stands at a height of 6’1” and has a relatively fit physique. His hair is short, black, and has a bit of a spiky texture to it, and his eyes are a dark brown hue. He has a golden complexion, and he has scattered scars from years of playing sports as well as his (somewhat recently picked up) hobbies of parkour and skateboarding. The most evident of these scars is a streak running along the length of his left forearm, the cause of which is unknown because he makes up a new story each time someone asks about it. The clothing he tends to wear is either athletic or one of the suits he wears for his job and his face usually has a grin on it.

Personality: Zach is an easy-going guy, likened often to a friendly dog by his mates. He is confident in his decisions and very much goes with the flow of life, figuring out how to deal with issues as they arise. Zach is also not afraid to speak his mind- or ask questions, or crack jokes, or pretty much make any kind of small talk. He is really good at it too, expertly steering conversations to align with his goals or even just to get to know someone better. His ability to read situations so closely is perhaps what led to his discovery of the supernatural world even, and after finding it, he has only been more curious to find out more. Although it seems like he really can’t shut his mouth sometimes, Zach understands what topics should and should not be talked about in certain settings. That said, he can also be quite passionate at times, and one of his current interests are these supernaturals.

Short Bio: Zach lived in the suburbs of Chicago with a relatively wealthy family growing up, being the second youngest in a group of four siblings. His life was pretty normal in terms of school- he had a lot of friends and tried out plenty of clubs and sports, and eventually made his way to university where he got his first experience with the supernatural. His first ever roommate was a werewolf, which he inferred from multiple clues from living with them, and when he confronted them about it (through a joke, of course), they admitted the reality of their situation. Zach has kept this secret with him to this day and still maintains a good relationship with that friend, even though they aren’t living together anymore. After that he graduated with a degree in business and picked up a career in the city. In addition to his work, a few of his current hobbies include visiting various parks and museums regularly, parkour, photography, trying to skateboard, and investigating more about Chicago’s supernaturals on his own (he’s kind of a sucker for cryptids, ghost stories, aliens, etc).

Other: he has a Samoyed dog (that happens to be the subject in most of his photography)
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu May 20, 2021 10:26 pm

Accepted~

Also, if anyone else would like their character to be hired to help protect 'them' - the visiting humans, as they'll find out - then feel free for them to also receive a letter! The mysterious sender could use users of all sorts of skills and abilities to aid them.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me