♢ resurrection of dragons ♢ (O/A, Discussion)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

♢ resurrection of dragons ♢ (O/A, Discussion)

Postby cocogerber13 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:48 pm

Hello! This is currently a bit of a wip! Feel free to post/mark this page for now!

The Resurrection of Dragons: Discussion Thread

Hello and welcome to the discussion thread! The main rp thread is right here!

This will be the place to post ooc discussion, information pertaining to the plot, world lore, character forms, and everything in between! ^^ Feel free to mark it if you would like!

I have a skeleton form that you can use for your characters, however if you would like to use your own or add your own coding and details then that is perfectly fine as well! Please at least have the general information I have included below!

—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—

Here’s a simple form of things I would like you to include! Please delete everything in parentheses as you finish!

Code: Select all
 [img]DELETE AND PUT IMAGE LINK HERE IF YOU HAVE ONE[/img]
-
[size=150][color=#800000]DELETE AND PUT NAME HERE[/color][/size]

[b]Full name:[/b]
[b]Gender/Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]

[b]Physical Desc. (If no image or want to add something):[/b]

———

[b]Class:[/b] (dnd classes with the exception of magic-using classes; for humans only)

[b]Brief History:[/b]

[b]Brief personality traits:[/b] (this should be revealed as you rp with them, so don’t worry if this is short)

[b]Likes:[/b]

[b]Dislikes:[/b]

———

[b]Abilities:[/b] (include magic items/inherited abilities, dragon breath powers, possession of dragon blood or spellbooks, etc)

[b]Strengths:[/b] (phys or personality traits; please don’t make overpowered)

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] (phys or personality traits; everyone has weaknesses)

———
[b]Other/random character trivia:[/b] (optional)
Last edited by cocogerber13 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
╔══════════════════════════════════╗
☾ Hello! I'm Cocogerber13, °˖✧

but feel free to call me Coco.
toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
DA|FR|art fight|Character shop
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

╚══════════════════════════════════╝
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♢ resurrection of dragons ♢ (Lore)

Postby cocogerber13 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:49 pm

[Lore]

♦︎Magic

Magic essence is taken from dragon blood, which is normally poached from dragons and (rarely) given as a gift from a dragon, and in order to actually unlock the abilities of the magic one must either soak a wearable item or charm in it or drink it. The wearer of an item can only use the magic if they are wearing it or have it with them, and it is as strong as the surface area it takes up (so larger items like armour give more powerful abilities as opposed to a pendant). If you drink dragon’s blood, you can use the magic for around an hour. A single drop could give you abilities for around 15 minutes, where if you drink an entire cup the high concentration could kill you (unless you’re a dragon).

The type of magic you get is automatically the type of magic used by the dragon the blood is from, and it has null effects if someone drinks it and they are what is referred to as a Scale Descendant. Scale Descendants are more rare than dragons themselves, because this means they quite literally have dragon blood going through their veins. Extremely old/strong dragons can take on a human form and though it is extremely unlikely, a few create close enough relationships to a chosen human to pretty much become human themselves. This is very uncommon because in doing this, the dragon will forfeit their ability to transform along with their immensely longer lifespan (and also most dragons see themselves as above humans socially so they usually won’t bother with liking a human in some way. This is also why the dragons that can transform usually don’t take on human riders). Because the dragon’s new entirely-human form still holds the condensed magic from their dragon blood they are known as Sorcerers who have magic that is more powerful than the magic of a normal dragon. Any children the sorcerers have also have magic that can be used without an item, but it is weaker than the sorcerer themself.

- dragon blood is purple so the colour is worn by a lot of royalty and higher classes because it is associated with magic and strength

- Some magic items are heirlooms and are passed on through families; there are definitely some pretty tricky thieves that find these targets easier than dragons themselves

- There are spellbooks that exist, but you must use them while drinking dragon’s blood
And that would cancel out the effects of the dragon’s element. These are typically stronger than normal magic. These are also what sorcerers used to seal away Hotei in the story

- (Dragons are basically glorified maple trees and they dONT LIKE IT)
—x—x—x—

♠︎Dragons

Dragons are beings with magic blood that gives them the abilities they are known for, the majority of these abilities including various elemental breath abilities. There are rarely others, such as certain psychic abilities and creation/summoning magic, though they have been practically wiped out from the dragon hunting. The hunting of dragons has greatly decreased the biodiversity of dragons, and because of this there are none left that are old enough to be Titan dragons.

- dragons communicate between each other through unique hums that sound almost like a song! The more a dragon uses their breath power the more their voices get garbled though, and while this fact is often used to determine if a dragon is friendly or not, this is not a definite factor! Some dragons use their breath ability specifically to sound intimidating and others use their breath ability for nonviolent cases.

- scales are normally protective armour, but for lighter and faster dragons their scales are actually softer like feathers! They are still protective but work more for the elements (helping with keeping cool and making sure the dragon isn’t overheated). They are a lot easier to pierce with human weapons though, and this makes them more of a target for those searching for dragon blood.

—x—x—x—

[Terms To Know]

•Multenera - The nation this rp will take place in
•New Heartessa - the inland capital, where one of the two ruling human families reigns
•Navem - the port capital, known for trade and the first to introduce new technology to the people. This is somewhat close to the Scorched Expanse but it had good enough defences to persevere through the fires. This is where the second ruling family lives
* there are two capitals in order to have some stability if one is lost to disaster (again)
•The Scorched Expanse - a blackened land of ash and ruin on the south end of the continent. It is still as destroyed as the day it fell, though there is a small amount of new growth that has fought its way through the harsh conditions. It is said that treasure can still be found here but humans will rarely set foot nearby
•The volcano - the largest volcano in the land, offshore of Navem. This is the fabled resting place of Hotei the Titan Dragon
•Dragon Blood - Exactly what it sounds like. Dragon blood is the life force of magic and can grant the abilities of the dragon it is from to humans that drink it or wear an object infused with it. Please see the ‘Magic’ lore for more information
•Titan Dragon - these dragons are large and often ancient compared to human standards. The title of ‘Titan’ refers more to the abilities of these dragons than their actual size. These kinds of dragons can also take on a humanoid form and many have given up their long lifespan to become fully human. The last known Titan Dragon was Hotei
•Sorcerers - Titan Dragons who have chosen to become human. They hold a high status in human society because of their magical capabilities, however since they still have dragon blood there is also a constant threat of assassins if they out themselves. Not many sorcerers remain, and the few that do are very old.
•The Underground - the black market of Multenera, a group that deals in dragon blood and magic items. They work for the very wealthy and their antics are sketchy, doing anything they can for a quick dime or dragon powers themselves.
•Scale Descendant - more rare than dragons themselves, Scale Descendants are the children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren of a sorcerer. Since part of their blood concentration is dragon blood they will be able to use small amounts of elemental magic from their relative. If they use other dragon blood it cancels out magic effects for the time they use it. The ruling family currently in New Heartessa is known for having this kind of bloodline
Last edited by cocogerber13 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♢ resurrection of dragons ♢ (Discussion)

Postby cocogerber13 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:49 pm

—x—

toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Image Image Image

cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:33 am

Open to marking and forms!

toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Image Image Image

cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:35 am

Hotei
Gender / sexuality: Male / asexual
Species: Titan Dragon
Role: Bringer of the end // The Lost Hero

Description:
- last Titan dragon that has hasn’t been killed or converted into a sorcerer
- can turn into a human but is not a fan
- friend of Justine and their “steed”
- became more tolerant because of Justine
- pained and vengeful from their friend’s death
- was put to sleep in a volcano for 100 years

———————————————————————————————————————————

-
Lukas

Full name: Lukas
Gender/Sexuality: male / bisexual
Species: dragon

———

Class: x

Brief History: he was one of the young dragons that fled due to his mother’s prompting when the clash happened, curling up on some steep cliffs of a mountain not far from Navem. As he slept he grow to be a juvenile and woke with the resurrection bird’s prompting.

Brief personality traits: He is, like his power, naturally cold and indifferent most of the time. He doesn't mean to offend anyone or anything but he does prefer doing things his own way and holding onto a 'loner' type of lifestyle. He also seems to look down upon others fairly often, though he will help others if he deems the project within his ability to complete. Lukas is also a very prideful dragon and is known for using his intelligence, keen judgement, logic, and flexibility to his advantage. He will often overestimate what he can do and doesn't like to waste time. Lukas can send very mixed signals with his responses and is rather blunt at times, though he is often unaware of the confusion he can cause because of it. His strength and arrogance are his two biggest faults.

Likes: fruit, roots, mushrooms, birds, snow, cold weather, clever banter, being looked up to, a good spar, being dramatic

Dislikes: human activity, humans, fire, heat, overreacting, anyone in his personal space

———

Abilities: frost breath, enhanced senses, cold resistance, flight, telepathy

Strengths: Quick witted, intelligent, instinct-driven, accurate and quick strikes, main body is snakelike with muscle, sharp eyesight and hearing, can be charismatic, easily maneuverable

Weaknesses: physically long (clumsy on land, easy to trap), very weak to fire, highly susceptible to hot weather, scales and feathers are soft (low armour quality), cannot lift large amounts, slow reaction time, relies more on his mental state for situations, pretty lightweight

———
Other/random character trivia:
- his hums somehow sound more sarcastic than normal; there is definitely a bit of roughness to it too, since he breaths ice to cool himself down and entertain himself
- his telepathic voice is very calming despite what it may be saying
- since he is quick and light his scales are more like feathers; he uses his frost breath to give himself a protective layer of ice
- his eyes are teal and somewhat glow in the dark for whatever reason

———————————————————————————————————————————

-
Adele

Full name: Adele Thunderclap
Gender/Sexuality: female, pansexual
Species: human

Physical Desc: hair and eyes of burnt umber and a build of a worker; taller than average and usually clad in defensive armour. Her skin is tanned and between the light cloth and heavy fur, she is usually dressed for most climates.

———

Class: barbarian, adventurer/body guard for hire

Brief History: Her parents are both part of the city’s guard, but are too young to know the attacks of dragons. They fought against bandits and any crime within the city, and with this influence Adele and her siblings have grown tough and protective of those they care about.

Brief personality traits: defensive, friendly, battle-ready; morally grey, though not cruel; money-driven but will typically help others out for free (though will make sure those she helps are quiet about it); missions take first priority, she is extremely loyal to those who pay her, and if betrayed then she is very petty

Likes: the concept of dragons, money, sleeping under the stars, open minded people, friendly fighting, her dog, food

Dislikes: bugs, cheating of any kind, being retrained, expectations, posh people

———

Abilities: efficient use of venom, axes, and miscellaneous blades; tough armour

Strengths: adaptatable, physically strong and powerful, battle experience, a lot of armour and stamina, very knowledgeable with weapons, armour, and toxins; active

Weaknesses: Clumsy, slow, and not exactly accurate with every blow; pretty bad with stealth and does not usually enjoy warm weather; she cannot move very freely with all her gear on

———
Other/random character trivia:
- her voice is rather gruff, but still full of life and commanding. She frequently uses battle cries in her fights and it seems effective so long as her goal isn’t being stealthy. Can be considered loud
- she has a mountain dog that she sometimes brings with her; they play-wrestle with each other a lot
- she doesn’t believe in the existence of dragons, nor does she believe dragon blood is real. It’s probably some concoction made up by humans to give themselves magic, since that obviously exists from street shows and national holiday performances

Last edited by cocogerber13 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Image Image Image

cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:28 pm

JUSTINE BEAUFIELD

Sexuality: Demisexual
Species: Human
Role: The fallen hero

Description:
- 5'9" with a poised, elegant stance
- Golden blonde hair, hazel eyes
- Hotei's late rider and friend
- Dealt with everything by laughing
- Murdered in a set-up by their own kind

MARIANA

Sexuality: Pansexual
Species: Water dragon

Physical Description: Mariana has a rounded, sturdy build compared to the average dragon. Despite being the oldest from her clutch, she has not outgrown her 'hatchling fat' and still retains an adorably chubby appearance. Her silver-blue scales are water resistant and rather tough, helpful for a slow-moving dragon. Pale violet fins protrude from head to tail-tip. They can be folded flat or extended for various purposes such as cooling herself. At the tip of her tail is a broad, strong caudal fin (tail fin) which is excellent for swimming. She also sports gills and four broad webbed feet.

Brief History:
Mariana was the first child of Ness and Arreon. Her younger brother Molan would often fly around with their father, chasing storms and whatnot. Mariana spent more time with her mother, a peaceful water dragon who loved 'adorable humans'. She noticed that Ness's nurturing and affectionate disposition were occasionally broken by a heavy melancholy.
Curious, Mariana confronted her mother about the sad moods. She learned about the war, the tensions between humans and dragons that worsened every day. It was only a matter of time until Ness and Arreon sent their children into hiding.

Personality: Mariana tries to create a calm and peaceful environment where everyone feels comfortable. Similar to her mother, she has a relaxed and gentle demeanor. It's almost impossible to offend her. Mariana likes to "go with the flow", supporting others in pursuit of their goals. She hates being spontaneous and would rather others make the plans.

Likes: Humming, making music, swimming and diving, cute humans
Dislikes: War, being leader, disrespect and pollution of water

Abilities: Mariana is an amazing swimmer, able to breathe underwater thanks to gills. Her tough, waterproof scales also offer a natural defense against weapons or elements. Using her strong fins, she can 'fly' through the water with expertise, or even stir up waves to protect herself. Her breath weapon is a water spout.

Strengths: Great endurance in water, resistant to the elements, resistant to extreme temperatures
Weaknesses: Slow and clumsy on land, inexperienced fighter, needs more water exposure than other dragons

Trivia: She and her mother are based off the Loch Ness Monster "Nessie"
Arreon and Molan belong to
TheFae

DUSK HUNTER

Sexuality: Bisexual
Species: Human
Class: Fighter

Physical Description: Dusk is lean, muscular, and athletic with sun-tanned skin. Anyone can tell he is an active young man. His unkempt brown hair is somewhat long and always a thick tousled mess, but he loves when it blows dramatically in the wind. He has stormy-grey eyes that dance with mischief.

Brief History: Dusk and his twin sister were born to Atlanta and Iris Hunter. Since a young age, he trained in swordsmanship under Atlanta and her city guard friends. His childhood was relatively peaceful until Iris was murdered for seemingly no cause. Ashamed she couldn't even protect her family, their other mother Atlanta quit the city guard. She handed her sun pendant to Dusk and left Iris's matching moon pendant for Kelly.

Personality: Dusk has a laid-back attitude and loves to have a good time. Nothing seems to intimidate this bold-spirited youth. Because of his outgoing and prideful nature, people assume he's an arrogant jerk who only cares about himself. The truth is quite the opposite. Dusk would never bring someone down to bolster his own pride, instead he constantly uses his high confidence to lift others up with him. This young man has a heart of gold, and his support for his friends knows no boundaries. He will be your personal voice of encouragement through good times and bad.
Unfortunately, his greatest values are also his fatal flaws. Due to his ego and kindness combined, Dusk holds a stubborn belief that he can redeem anyone with enough friendship. Any assertions that people are 'dangerous' will bounce off his back because he insists everyone is good at heart.

Likes: Hearty home cooked meals, lifting others' mood and confidence, making friends, catching and releasing fish, a good ol' sparring match
Dislikes: Being forced to dress formally, the idea that anyone is 'born evil', hurting others, pessimism and defeatism

Abilities: Dusk wears an enchanted sun pendant, inherited from one of his mothers Atlanta. This allows him to telepathically communicate with his twin sister Kelly via her matching moon pendant. They can also feel each other's emotions, and even transfer energy to one another at the cost of their own.
He is also a talented swordsman, and prefers to incapacitate others rather than seriously hurt them.

Strengths: Physically strong, can run fast and far, talented fighter at close range, great at fishing, maintains an upbeat attitude in difficult situations, amazingly talented cook
Weaknesses: Unaware of surroundings, easily manipulated, underestimates others' dark sides, has difficulty coping with hunger, pride can cause issues

Trivia: Twin sister Kelly played by TheFae
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:30 pm

Mark
am I allowed to make a sorcerer?}
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:37 pm

Spiritstar3 wrote:Mark

Hello! Because of the lore they would have to be pretty old if you make one! If you’d like to make a magic user that is younger, I’d suggest a first generation Scale Descendant (since they still have some magic!)

toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Image Image Image

cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:09 pm

cocogerber13 wrote:

Hello! Because of the lore they would have to be pretty old if you make one! If you’d like to make a magic user that is younger, I’d suggest a first generation Scale Descendant (since they still have some magic!)

XP kay
would that go in role?]
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:30 pm

Spiritstar3 wrote:
cocogerber13 wrote:

XP kay
would that go in role?]

I would put it under species! Role/class would be like a class in dungeons and dragon (minus any magic) where you could be a fighter, bard, thief, or even things that aren’t technically classes like merchants or civilians. You don’t even need to have one if you’d prefer, I just added it in case people want to go more in-depth with their character creation lol

toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Image Image Image

cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me