Cavernclan - Rise

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Cavernclan - Rise

Postby Phina D Wolf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:41 pm

CAVERNCLAN

Cavernclan has a rather....mixed reputation. Some say they are fierce fighters, others say they prefer to talk through issues. reports have come back about a rigorous set of rules that all cats must follow, and others say that they seem rather lax when it comes to discipline. Pebblestar prefers not to talk with other leaders, instead communicating through her warriors as messengers, Medicine cats when the journey is very dangerous. No kits or apprentices are ever sighted on the mountain side, only the occasional warrior, slipping through the shadows in the dead of night. Many suppose the clan to be a cult of sorts, and while the members deny it, there might be truth to the supposition.

Current tasks:

At Level 1, you can have: 3 cats total (limits: 1 leader, 0 deputy, 0 medicine cats)
► Describe your clan
► Give your leader a history and/or personality
► Write about or draw a scene showing your leader meeting one of your new clan members
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
╔════════════╗

Hi, I'm Phina D Wolf! I'm here
mostly for the people and the
adopts and games I'm a part
of, but I know pet rarities
pretty well too. If you want to
chat, my inbox is open!
those, feel free to hit me up!
I'm always happy to chat!

╚════════════╝
ImageImageImageImageImage
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Territory

Postby Phina D Wolf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:25 am

Cavernclan territory is rather unique for a clan. Most cats would choose a lush forest, or prey infested plain to be their home, but Pebblestar has always been a little different. She has chosen the winding caverns of Mount Lupus to be her home. Having lost her brother Silver in the plains, her mother in the forest, and her father in the marshes. The only place where she was ever safe was under the earth. When she was called upon to start a clan, she immediately return to the caves where Starclan had saved her life once before.

Her chosen territory consists of winding tunnels, each one distinguishable from its neighbor to the discerning cat. Some tunnels smell of prey, others of murky pools, filled with strange pale fish. Some have smooth floors, worn away by the passage of many small creatures. Others are strewn with gravel or sand. The warriors den is a circular cave, with spots on the floor worn smooth, the chosen resting places of cats past. The leader’s den is a small crevice, just large enough for maybe three cats, facing out towards the main cave so that as soon as any possible danger approaches, the leader should be the first to know. A long, smooth cave, lit by a colony of glow worms, where the kits play and the apprentices train as their eyes adjust to the darkness, for the nursery is brightly lit by both the glow worms and several holes in the walls. The other well lit caves near the main camp are the med cat’s den and the elders den, bringing the saying, “In light you come to us and in light you leave us.”

Hunting takes place in the dark pools of water, swirling ebony curls in the shroud of midnight that graces most of the tunnels, and the long, winding cracks that lead through the caverns, for in these places the small creatures skitter about. When certain prey is needed for ceremonies such as the initiation of a new deputy, med cats, or leaders, the chosen cat, or one close to them, ventures out to the surface to hunt down the needed prey in the middle of the night.

Every so often, a cat will come across a tunnel filled with light, streaming through a hole in the roof. One such is the Shining Cave, its walls studded with so many crystals that cats dare nit go near it during the day time for fear of being blinded. But in the night, when the only light is the gentle glow of the moon and the shimmer of starlight, the leader or medicine cat may visit and drop one glittering pebble into the deep pool. If ripples spread from the pebble, Starclan shall not speak that night to that cat. If the surface remains still, however, the cat may drink. It is fabled that any cat whose pebble has been rejected, or who has not dropped in a pebble, will die within a moon if they dare drink the sacred water.
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
╔════════════╗

chat, my inbox is open!

╚════════════╝
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Traditions

Postby Phina D Wolf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:34 am

When an apprentice is ready to become a warrior, they are sent to the surface tasked with the responsibility of catching a white mouse. If they are successful, they may become a warrior and shall serve there vigil the next night. If they fail, they must train for another moon, then may try again. If they fail for over ten moons, they may be relegated to the position of nursery helper.

When a warrior is nominated for deputy, they must go out at midnight and catch a white ermine, which will make their cloak. They have one week to do so. If they fail, they may not be nominated for deputy again for another year. If they fail three times, they may never be nominated again.

When a medicine cat apprentice is deemed ready to become a medicine cat, they must go out at midnight and hunt a white rabbit. They have one moon to do so. The skin of the rabbit will make their cloak, so it is vital that they are guided to it by Starclan. If they fail, their mentor will commune with Starclan to see when they may try again. They may try a total of five times.

When a deputy is nominated to become a leader, they must go out at midnight to hunt a white fox. They have one moon for Starclan to lead them to their quarry, which will become their cape. If they fail, they may never try again and must resume their rank as a normal warrior. They may become a deputy again after three moons.

When a decider apprentice is deemed ready, they must venture out at midnight and hunt a white squirrel. They have one moon to catch their prey, which shall become their cloak. If they fail, the must return and train for one moon more. They may try ten times before they are forced to become a nursery helper.

Kits do not become apprentices until there are two or more litters ready to be apprenticed. When they are apprenticed, they are taken to the Decider one by one. They are examined, and paired with their future mate. Both kits are assigned either to the same mentor, or to mentors who are mates with each other. All of their training will be completed as a team. If there is an odd number of kits, the extra kit is urged to attempt to form an out of clan relationship, to bring in new blood.
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
╔════════════╗

chat, my inbox is open!

╚════════════╝
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Laws

Postby Phina D Wolf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:35 am

1. Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
2. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory unless you have permission to do so, or as part of a ceremony.
3. Elders, queens, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders. If any warrior or apprentice is sick or injured, they may eat while the elders, queens, and kits are eating.
4. Prey is killed only to be eaten, or as part of a ceremony. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
5. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
6. Newly appointed warriors must complete their ceremony and will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
7. A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
8. The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies, retires or is exiled as long as they complete their ceremony. in the case that they fail, the Medicine cat will consul StarClan for guidance.
9. After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be nominated before moonhigh.
10. Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
11. No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.
12. The word of the Clan leader is the warrior code.
13. An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win their battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.
14. A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.
15. No warrior may have a relation of any kind with a cat from another clan without the permission of either the Decider or Leader.
16. If a cat is found to have had kits with a cat who is not their assigned mate without the permission of the Decider or Leader, they will be exiled as soon as it is safe to do so, and their kits raised by another pair.
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔════════════╗

chat, my inbox is open!

╚════════════╝
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Unique Ranks

Decider

The Decider has the responsibility of matching up apprentices to be mates in the future. They have a knowledge of basic genetics and are responsible to select a promising apprentice when they are old and train them to become the next Decider.

Nursery Helper

Any apprentice who fails to complete their ceremony must become a nursery helper. They aid with kits when there are queens, and will hunt when no kits need minding. This is the lowest rank in the clan and is considered a position of shame.
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔════════════╗

chat, my inbox is open!

╚════════════╝
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Allegiances, Enemies and Forbidden Relations

none so far
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔════════════╗

chat, my inbox is open!

╚════════════╝
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Other World Building

Postby Phina D Wolf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:36 am

wip
╔════════════╗

chat, my inbox is open!

╚════════════╝
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

PEBBLESTAR

Postby Phina D Wolf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:36 am

PEBBLESTAR

Basic Info
Long-furred tortoiseshell she cat with amber eyes

History
Pebblestar was raised in a family of loners, but had lost them all to either distance or death by the age of 10 moons. Her father left them when she was five moons. They found his body in the plains five days later. Her mother, destroyed by grief, fled with her three children to the forest. But no sanctuary was to be found there either. Within a moon, her little sister Swift had died. In desperation, the little family fled to the marshes. There, their mother drowned within a week. Unable to stay, she and her brother fled to the desert, but even here they would have no rest. A sandstorm swept up and separated the pair, leaving Pebble stranded. Their deaths and disappearances drove her to the caverns, the only place that seemed truly safe.

Personality
While she does her best to be just and fair to her clan, Pebblestar's judgements are clouded and warped by her past. As long as her clan does not leave the caverns and puts their duty first, she is very lax on them. However, if they try to convince her that she should allow cats to choose their mates, or that they should venture outside for more that just ceremonies, she treats them harshly, worse than the most vile traitor. Overall, Pebblestar is a very fair and just cat. However, she teeters on the brink of insanity, caused by her grief, and if crossed may act out of passion before stopping to consider her actions and their effects.

Relations
none

Writing
Write about or draw a scene showing your leader meeting one of your new clan members

“Who are you?” the slivery voice drawled, startling the dark tom.

“Who’s there?” He shot back, bristling, his eyes darting around, searching for the source of the voice. He had been sure that this cave has been empty when he entered, trying to escape the pouring rain.

“I believe that is a first come first served question.” The voice chuckled, and a flicker of movement caught the tom’s eye, and he suddenly saw her, a strange black and silver cat, blended perfectly with the shadows of the falling rain.

“Fair enough.” He admitted, much more comfortable now that he could see who was talking to him. “I’m Ravenflight, formerly of Mountainclan, but I fled a sickness there.” The other cat drew back with a hiss, and he rushed to assure her, “That was many, many moons ago. I do not still cary the sickness, do not worry.”

“Hmm.” The molly purred, padding forward, her face coming into the light, her amber eyes flashing, “Well, you could be useful. What kind of cat are you?”

“Just a warrior.” The tom responded warily, “And you still haven’t answered my question.”

“Ah, of course, how rude of me.” The molly purred, her smily cold, “I am Pebblestar, leader of Cavernclan. How would you like to stop being a loner and be part of a clan again?”

The tom hesitated, a little put off by her cold gaze, but then gave in, “I hate being a loner.” He admitted, “I’ll join your clan.”

“Perfect.” the molly murmured, “Follow me.” She turned, padding towards the back of the cave.

“Where are you going?” Ravenflight asked warily, unsure what the strange molly was planning.

“To our camp, of course.” She purred, looking back at him, “It’s Cavernclan. Did you think we lived out on the mountainside?”

“Oh, of course.” Ravenflight agreed, blushing in embarrassment. “That was obvious.”

“Indeed it was.” Pebblestar murmured, “Now, come."
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
╔════════════╗

chat, my inbox is open!

╚════════════╝
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

HOUNDSTEP

Postby Phina D Wolf » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:20 am

HOUNDSTEP

Basic Info
Fluffy cinnamon classic tabby with amber eyes

History
wip, escaped kittypet, was named Teddy

Personality
wip, naive, sweet, trusting, wants to learn and help others. Basically a big teddybear.

Relations
none

Writing
none
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔════════════╗

chat, my inbox is open!

╚════════════╝
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cavernclan - Rise

Postby Phina D Wolf » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:36 am

RAVENFLIGHT

Basic Info
Short haired self black cat with black shade and slight spotting, as well as orange eyes

History
wip, left his clan when a disease swept through the camp

Personality
wip, sassmaster, easily angered, tends to judge others harshly, but is easily intimidated by mollies.

Relations
Assigned mate of Pebblestar

Writing
Ravenflight’s suffix was earned not by bravery, cowardice, skill or lack there of, but be chance. They didn’t know about the bear, the boulder, the precarious nature of the log, the hunter, crouched in the shadows, waiting. They knew only that there was a squirrel grooming itself on the log and that they were hungry. But when they pounced, the hunter shot, the bear fell, the log moved and suddenly they were flying through the air.

Write about or draw a scene showing your leader meeting one of your new clan members

“Who are you?” the slivery voice drawled, startling the dark tom.

“Who’s there?” He shot back, bristling, his eyes darting around, searching for the source of the voice. He had been sure that this cave has been empty when he entered, trying to escape the pouring rain.

“I believe that is a first come first served question.” The voice chuckled, and a flicker of movement caught the tom’s eye, and he suddenly saw her, a strange black and silver cat, blended perfectly with the shadows of the falling rain.

“Fair enough.” He admitted, much more comfortable now that he could see who was talking to him. “I’m Ravenflight, formerly of Mountainclan, but I fled a sickness there.” The other cat drew back with a hiss, and he rushed to assure her, “That was many, many moons ago. I do not still cary the sickness, do not worry.”

“Hmm.” The molly purred, padding forward, her face coming into the light, her amber eyes flashing, “Well, you could be useful. What kind of cat are you?”

“Just a warrior.” The tom responded warily, “And you still haven’t answered my question.”

“Ah, of course, how rude of me.” The molly purred, her smily cold, “I am Pebblestar, leader of Cavernclan. How would you like to stop being a loner and be part of a clan again?”

The tom hesitated, a little put off by her cold gaze, but then gave in, “I hate being a loner.” He admitted, “I’ll join your clan.”

“Perfect.” the molly murmured, “Follow me.” She turned, padding towards the back of the cave.

“Where are you going?” Ravenflight asked warily, unsure what the strange molly was planning.

“To our camp, of course.” She purred, looking back at him, “It’s Cavernclan. Did you think we lived out on the mountainside?”

“Oh, of course.” Ravenflight agreed, blushing in embarrassment. “That was obvious.”

“Indeed it was.” Pebblestar murmured, “Now, come."
╔════════════╗

chat, my inbox is open!

╚════════════╝