The Isles of Etera ✴ Fantasy Wolf RP (On Hiatus)

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

The Isles of Etera ✴ Fantasy Wolf RP (On Hiatus)

Postby Ammy2-56 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:04 am

In the skies far above a roiling sea of clouds, bathed in the light of the sun and his softly

shining sister, the moon, great islands of congealed rock and earth slowly drift; this is

the realm of Etera. Beneath carpeted grasses and gentle waterfall pools, caverns lie thick

with crystals gleaming with the very souls and gifts of the gods. The land’s heart beats

with the cry of the breeze and the footfalls of wolves who hunt and dwell among the

floating islands in the aerial sea. Two packs draw upon the power of crystals hewn from

the earth, a manifestation of their dedication to the gods, to protect their archipelago

homes. Guardians of their respective faiths, they watch, ever vigilant, for a threat some

say might never come.

Though, if it does…

Will you be ready?

xxxImage

xxxx═══════xImagex═══════

xxImage

xxImage
Last edited by Ammy2-56 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ammy2-56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

General Rules

Postby Ammy2-56 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:12 am

1. Tess' rules apply; read them herexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2. Post at least once per week; PM me in the case of absence
3. No godmodding or Mary/Gary Sues
4. Do not injure/kill/romance another character without permission
5. You may not be your own crush/mate or mentor/apprentice
6. Try to keep genders relatively even in each pack
7. Cursing should be minimized. I will tolerate "hell", "damn", and "crap"
8. Post at least 5 lines per character and use proper grammar
9. Please disable your signature to keep the thread neat
10. Post all character forms and OOC on the discussion thread
Last edited by Ammy2-56 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ammy2-56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Background Information

Postby Ammy2-56 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:18 am

Please read this for context about the setting.
I would prefer that all roleplayers have this knowledge in mind as they post.

xxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxx____________________

Gaia – The goddess of earth, life, and peace takes the form
of a patient stone matriarch; she formed the islands and their
mountain peaks and breathes life into all who walk upon them.

Bayu – The god of air and chaos has a playful nature, taking
the form of a pale white wolf with a windswept pelt and shining
silver-gray eyes. He brings forth the winds and keeps wolves safe
as they travel.

Arulen – The goddess of water and trickery is depicted as a
small black wolf with twilight blue fins adorning her legs. She
supplies the islands with their waterfalls, rain, and fleeting mists.

Haco – The god of fire and war is a wolf wreathed in a pelt of
flame. When provoked, he sends lightning to bathe the isles in fire.

Asahi – The god of the sun is depicted as a tall wolf with a smooth,
golden pelt. He brings the dawn and daylight, but casts shade
through the trees to give his sister a place to hide before nightfall.

Esmeray – The goddess of the moon, shadow, and death takes the
form of a tall, silver wolf. She softens her brother Asahi’s light to
coax out the stars that guide souls to her care in the heavens.

The Palecrest pack of the Kislios archipelago draws heavily from
Bayu, Arulen, Haco, and Esmeray, maintaining a fearful respect of
their power.

The Hollowdusk pack of the Eowix archipelago draws from Gaia,
Bayu, Arulen, and Asahi, taking root in the belief of a close connection
with them.

The power of this pantheon lies sleeping in crystals and
gems beneath the surface of Etera’s islands. Harvested
by wolves, each crystal is destined to be bound to the
soul of one wolf and grant them the blessing of their
patron. Every pup, at six months of age, undergoes an
attunement ceremony wherein they trek belowground
into a cavern to bind with their respective stone and
receive it to keep and wear in a necklace, as well as
an apprenticeship beneath a wolf of their future rank.

Crystals attune based on the interest and existing skill
of the pups who are first attuning (roleplayer’s choice)
and are categorized below:

Emerald and Jade: Hunter; grants swiftness

Ruby and Garnet: Fighter; grants strength

Sapphire and Lapis Lazuli: Scout; grants sharp eyesight
and hearing

Amber and Topaz: Healer; grants keen smell

Alphas retain their original attunement crystals and
wear an additional stone of inert obsidian or onyx to
symbolize their rank.

Similarly, betas don an inert white quartz crystal in
addition to their original attuned stone.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Newly attuned crystals grant young wolves the ability to begin learning to control small masses of drifting land to form bridges between islands in addition to the abilities described above. However, newly attuned wolves require training from their mentors to hone these skills to the strength and perfection necessary to become fully fledged pack members, a process which takes, on average, over a year.

Crystals and gemstones are inert until they are attuned to by a wolf. Any wolf can undergo a manual attunement process to another wolf’s crystal to gain the related abilities, though at the cost of both abilities being half as strong as normal due to divided binding and, often, lack of training. The practice of dual attunement is most common in the lone wolves that dwell on the smaller islands in between the archipelagos that challenge one another frequently for territory and attunement rights.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ammy2-56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters & Relationships

Postby Ammy2-56 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:22 am

═════════════════════════════════

xxImage
xx______________________________

xxxxxxxxxxxAlpha Male - Eban
xxxxAlpha Female - N/A, must be earned

xxxxxBeta Male - N/A, must be earned
xxxxxxxxxBeta Female - Athens

xxxxxxxxxxxxxHealer - Krita

xxxxxxxxxxxxFighters - Baron

xxxxxxxxxxxxHunters - Mora

xxxxxxxxxxxxScouts - Whisper

xxxxxxxxxxxxxElders - N/A

xxxxxxxxxxApprentices - N/A

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxPups - N/A

xxxxxAlpha Male - N/A, must be earned
xxxxxxxxxxAlpha Female - Terra

xxxxxxxxxxxxBeta Male - Kuri
xxxxxBeta Female - N/A, must be earned

xxxxxxxxxxxxHealer - Munae

xxxxxxxxxxxxFighters - N/A

xxxxxxxxxxxxHunters - Jay

xxxxxxxxxxxxScouts - Ingrid

xxxxxxxxxxxxxElders - N/A

xxxxxxxxxxApprentices - N/A

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxPups - N/A

xxxxImage

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

N/Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

════════════════════════════════════════

xxxxxxMentors & ApprenticesxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSiblingsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMothersxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCrushes & Mates
Last edited by Ammy2-56 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ammy2-56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Isles of Etera ✴ Fantasy Wolf RP (Open & Accepting)

Postby Ammy2-56 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:33 pm

Eban
Palecrest ○ alpha ○ tags; open
The male sat quietly near the edge of a small precipice outside his den, hunched against the chill breeze that swept across the main Kislios isle. Grasses long-dried from the cold, dead season of winter ruffled stiffly in the wind, frigid stalks wreathed in the previous night's frost. A younger wolf might think he could not wait for Spring, but the alpha's eye saw a land laid out before him that was blissfully at rest under Winter's careful touch. He lifted his nose to breathe in the morning as the bleak gray blanket of clouds above him thought twice about releasing their gentle snowfall. It was peaceful, and though the cold brought aches to him now, there was no better feeling to him than the light isolation born from a late Winter morn. It was as though the world fell dim and gray and left him alone with a head of thoughts that grew increasingly more empty. Meditation is what some might have called it, though as Eban's eyes drifted shut, he fell into a tranquil doze.

Terra
Hollowdusk ◈ alpha ◈ tags; open
Step. Step. Step. Turn. Step. Step. She had been pacing for hours, even before the soft light from Asahi had begun to filter through the thick cloud cover. It wasn't an aggressive, worried type of pacing, nor was it a thoughtful, assured type of pacing. She was stuck somewhere in between, her tail twitching lightly as part of a small tic she'd developed in recent months. There was nothing wrong, even though she searched for something that was. There was nothing in desperate need of doing, though she yearned eagerly to do it. Alpha, she supposed, was a way out of the hard work she had been born and raised to do, but those dreams... She missed the taste of new-killed elk on her tongue and the feel of the spongy moss that practically oozed the scent of prey beneath her paws. Winter muted the whole of Etera, and her thoughts were too loud in the realm of silence that it left.
Ammy2-56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:37 pm

Kuri ⊱⊰ Hallowdusk ⊱⊰ Beta Male ⊱⊰ Crush: None Currently ⊱⊰ Tags; Terra

*Huff... Huff, huff.* A black visible nose was seen poking through the snow pile. A moment later, a head slowly rose up. Kuri looked around, amber eyes half open in a relaxed state as he surveyed his surroundings. Up, popped his perky ears, snow sliding off his head as he heard a raven call in the foreground. He got up, shook off the rest of the snow, and stretched his front and back legs as he yawned. It was early morning, most of the lower ranking wolves won't be up at this time. This was the preferred time of day for Kuri to do his scouting, and to report back to the Alpha. He started trotting towards one of the closest boarders when he halted, one paw still in mid air. It occurred to him, I don't need to patrol the boarders unless told or something important comes up... There are scouts to do the job. Someone must have taken my place already... Kuri then sat down, thinking. What good am I as a Beta if I can't do anything I don't know what to do..? He pondered his thoughts, his exhales sending puffs of steam into the cold air. He gave a slow blink, turned his head over his shoulder towards where the majority of his pack is. Yes, he had his own den. It's where previous Beta's have inhabited, but Kuri sometimes preferred the outside. Sometimes his little pal would visit. Whatever his reason may be for that night, he always is within range in case some incident happens. He got up and went back to the direction of the pack to Alpha, Terra.
Kuri was prepping himself what to say. Going over how to ask about his position, and what daily tasks were to be done. He saw her, pacing. Kuri sat at the outside of her den, bowing his head as he said, "Alpha Terra, this is Kuri. Here for instruction." He hoped it didn't sound to proper or too bleak. He really wants to serve his Alpha and the pack's best interest. He has grown to knowing Terra, but knowing her personally he was not. All he knew, is that she was highly superior amoungst her littermates and has rightfully succeeded in taking place as Alpha following her lineage. He has heard plenty of talk about her, and he was intimidated by the fierce female.
Last edited by Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ on Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ammy2-56 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:06 pm

Terra
Hollowdusk ◈ alpha ◈ tags; Kuri
Through the noise bouncing incessantly off the walls inside her skull cut a familiar rasp of sound. Terra jerked her head upward immediately and caught Kuri's amber gaze with her own as he spoke to her. "Oh, Kuri, you're here... good, good... well... I was just--" she spoke, averting her gaze momentarily as she took a moment to shake herself off, Just thinking, is all. If you're looking for something to do, we could do a quick scout around the main island perimeter together and cut back through to see if the river is still frozen. If it is, we might need to dig out a few holes for fishing. Arulen slows them this time of year, after all, and it's easier than chasing deer where the snow is still thick." Her confidence caught her slightly off guard and she flicked one ear to dissipate her internalized shock. Maybe she was getting more used to this than she thought...
Ammy2-56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:18 pm

Kuri ⊱⊰ Hallowdusk ⊱⊰ Beta Male ⊱⊰ Crush: None Currently ⊱⊰ Tags; Terra

He knew not what she was pacing about, didn't bother to ask as it wasn't his place, yet he felt. Kuri's head lifted and his ears perked intently. She spoke to him respectfully, which he appreciated, feeling relieved. He rose to his feet. "Of course. Ready when you are." He stated, flexing his paws ready for action. He was familiar with scouting the perimeter and digging holes in ice. This is something I can manage! He took a step to the side to allow her to pass, for her to take the lead.
Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sugarkitza » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:38 am

* * * * * * * *Munae
* * * * * * * *Gender Female Age 2.5 Years Rank Healer
* * * * * * * *Pack Hollowdusk Location camp den Tagged --

As early morning took it's turn in the day's new cycle, a sleek black muzzle seemed to dart out from between the tall, dried grasses and overhanging moss and ferns that shrouded the entrance of her den. Then it disappeared again and behind it, sitting to think, was the fae Munae herself. Resting on her haunches, she took a deep breath, allowing her lungs to fill with oxygen and her eyelids fall heavy against her face. How could anyone want to leave their den under the circumstances? It was so cold. She could sleep all day on her own, undisturbed. And yet, with the sun rising and peeking through the thin covering that hid her in darkness, she could feel the warmth seep into her thick black fur, albeit bushy and worn in some parts as her winter coat still took over, shedding a thinner coat with it's arrival. Very well." She spoke to herself silently in a low, soft tone that hardly made a dent in the silence that surrounded her. "I'll get up." Munae did just that, pulling her weight up off her mind legs to get in a standing position, light eyes soon darting around the dark little space she called her own.

Despite the difficulty in truly seeing much of anything with how the entrance was covered - and not to mention the special mosses and plants embedded into the rocky walls to provide insulation, decoration, and above all else, a greater feeling of solitude - she raised her muzzle to sniff. Plants, hardly noticed under the shrouding haze became much more clear, and with her nose Munae could distinguish even the most similar plants from one another, as though their own personal scent trails were visible to her very eyes. A good nose, the she-wolf thought to herself with the smallest of smiles breaking out against her expressionless maw, is the only thing any wolf really needs.

* * * * * * * *Baron
* * * * * * * *Gender Male Age 3.5 Years Rank Fighter
* * * * * * * *Pack Palecrest Location camp den Tagged --

Baron lay undisturbed for some time, a heaping mass of dark brown fur pulled and sticking upwards in different directions. Frosted, the fringes managed to stir and move almost independently when a breeze would roll in. After enough shivers and disgruntled murmuring, two amber eyes opened up, and the he-wolf shook himself. It sent a small amount of the frost upwards around him, but he paid it no heed, nor bothered to show any concern for the other sleeping forms around him. Lazy. He decided abruptly, coming to the conclusion that those who weren't yet trying to rise were insufficient. As soon as he stepped outside of the den and was hit with a breeze, however, Baron relented and adjusted his thinking. No. Comfortable. Even so, work was to be done.

The looming figure stretched out a bit, back paws pushing into the hard ground ever so slightly as the front half reached out. He shivered somewhat before relaxing and shaking his head, enjoying the satisfactory sensation of having loosened up. From there, he glanced around the white, snow covered clearing before moving towards the exit to the camp. Behind him, undistinguishable murmurs.

* * * * * * * *Whisper
* * * * * * * *Gender Male Age 2.5 Years Rank Scout
* * * * * * * *Pack Palecrest Location outside camp Tagged --

Standing off to the side as the bulky, dark frame passed without a word, Whisper watched, squinting slightly as he looked for which direction Baron took. The larger male, either careless or completely passing without noticing him, soon left his view. This left Whisper on his own just as before, lurking around his camp entrance and occasionally pacing, as though figuring out what to do with himself in these morning hours. He paced with unease from time to time, thoughts seeming to escape him. It created the squishing sound in the snow. What use was there in sleeping right now, when he could do something advantageous or fun? His pads could easy wear out with all this moving over the bitter cold snow, and for a few mere seconds as he blinked; he could just about imagine the crimson, warm liquid escaping to bless the earth with his very presence. Worn raw.
Foolishness.

His stomach seemed to shake return him to his own senses, recognizing the need for a good meal just about now. Oh yes, what he could do with a nice hare or venison. Still, that required effort and progress- two things he could not attain by standing around like a fool. With an irritated swish of his tail, the male slunk away from the pack's entrance and between the weathered, frozen trees to look for something he may be able to sink his maw into.
Sugarkitza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ammy2-56 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:41 am

Terra
Hollowdusk ◈ alpha ◈ tags; Kuri
"Right," she said, stepping past him and breaking into a slow trot. The snow around camp was run through with small pathways already packed down by other traffic, but the border drifts would have no trail yet broken through them after the previous night's snow. Doing so on the patrol would be cold and miserable work, though having Kuri along to help would reduce the exhaustion either of them felt after the trek. Since Winter was beginning to turn towards its end, most snowbanks hid an unpleasant, immensely wet slush of half-frozen snow and ice that soaked right through to the bone. Vivid memories of tracking and sprinting through the stuff began to flood back as ice began to cling to the space between her paw pads. Gods, she hated Winter... "So," she asked, "How are you faring? I take it you slept well last night."
Ammy2-56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me