━ ‘✦) i am the plague ━━ o&a!

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Postby deftonesly » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:13 pm

Last edited by deftonesly on Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ ‘✦) i am the plague ━━ plot

Postby deftonesly » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:29 pm

Last edited by deftonesly on Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ ‘✦) i am the plague ━━ rules

Postby deftonesly » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:34 pm

deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ ‘✦) i am the plague ━━ hillclan

Postby deftonesly » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:55 pm

⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
[ leader ]
orchidstar - ♀ - 52m
6 lives

[ deputy ]
waspfoot - ♀ -28m

[ med & app. ]
blossomfur - ♀ - 23m
mintpaw - ♂ - 7m
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
hillclan cats are known
for their wit and speed.
they are nimble cats wi
th thick pelts that prep
are them for the moors'
cooler temperatures. th
e most common prey a
re rabbits, field mice, g
rouse, and squirrels.

⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
[ warriors ]
graytail - ♂ - 36m
cherrycloud - ♂ - 30m
foxwhisker - ♂ - 23m
applepatch - ♀ - 16m
cottonbird - ♀ - 38m
whitegust - ♂ - 36m
sootfeather - ♀ - 20m

[ apprentices ]
goosepaw - ♂ - 7m
pebblepaw - ♂ - 7m
mottlepaw - ♂ - 10m
riverpaw - ♀ - 8m

[ queens & kits ]
name - ♂♀ - age - user
↳ kits
name - ♂♀ - age - user
↳ kits

[ elders ]
name - ♂♀ - age - user

[ outsiders ]
icarus - ♂ - 29m
madame - ♀ - 40m

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯..⋯⋯
HILLCLAN

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
    hillclan's territory : hillclan is located across a large, constantly rolling expanse of hills and meadows. there are very few trees, save for the
    ones that border the southern half of their land, announcing their border with swampclan. it is quite easy to get lost on this vast expanse of
    tunnels, swaths of shrubbery, and hollows if you don’t know how to navigate like the hillclanners.
    indentthe red canyon : hillclan's far western border drops off into a massive canyon of barren red rock and spindly trees. beyond it lies a flo
    urishing twolegplace, where the greenery resumes. hillclan cats are forbidden to enter the canyon, but in leaf-bare, exceptions are made. it'
    s crawling with outsiders, hawks, and other terrifying creatures for which there is no name. mischievous cats often sneak off to it, too.
    indentdisappearing place : named for the unfortunate disappearances that have happened, this is where hillclan's western border meets the
    red canyon. cats who are not paying attention can run right off the edge of the prairie, disappearing forever into the canyons below.
    indentrippling river : this landmark is not actually a river, but a huge stretch of long, flowing grasses.
    indentrabbit rock : a large hollow with a boulder at is center, this is where the apprentices train. good hunting is found around here as well.
    hillclan's camp : as one journeys through hillclan, they come upon . . . a camp? where is the camp, one might ask? right below your feet, hi
    llclan answers! the simple, unassuming brown dirt was once the home of many rabbits, but hillclan (after feasting upon the old squatters) w
    idened the tunnels and moved in. many of the dens are not used often, except for in cold seasons, as hillclan prefers to sleep above ground
    . nests are dotted across the camp here and there in gorse and heather thickets. the leader speaks from an old stump; its roots beneath sup
    port the entire infrastructure of the tunnels. a hollow at its base is where he/she sleeps. the camp seems rather exposed, but hillclan can se
    e their entire territory and thus see any assault coming. kits and young cats often play tag and hide-and-go-seek in the tunnels. any tunnel
    s considered dangerous have been blocked off due to accidents and cave-ins in the past.
Last edited by deftonesly on Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:50 am, edited 55 times in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ ‘✦) i am the plague ━━ swampclan

Postby deftonesly » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:41 pm

⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
[ leader ]
moosestar - ♂ - 48m
9 lives

[ deputy ]
sparkjaw - ♀ - 63m

[ med & app. ]
fallowwish - ♂ - 38m
spiderpaw - ♂ - 8m
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
swampclan cats are kno
wn for their strength an
d pride. they are dark-f
urred, often long-legge
d cats that prowl the m
arshes & muck. the mo
st common prey are fro
gs, mice, fish, mink, tur
tles, and bird eggs.

⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
[ warriors ]
eeltail - ♂ - 18m
mapleclaw - ♀ - 34m
ivythorn - ♀ - 36m
buzzardclaw - ♂ - 35m
blacknight - ♂ - 35m
larkheart - ♀ - 29m
ashcreek - ♀ - 37m

[ apprentices ]
jaypaw - ♂ - 11m
cranepaw - ♀ - 8m
quiverpaw - ♂ - 11m
coalpaw - ♀ - 10m

[ queens & kits ]
name - ♂♀ - age - user
↳ kits
name - ♂♀ - age - user
↳ kits

[ elders ]
name - ♂♀ - age

[ outsiders ]
wight - ♀ - 51m
name - ♂♀ - age - user
░░
░░

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯..⋯⋯

SWAMPCLAN

swampclan's territory : swampclan is located within a dense, damp marsh forest teeming with growth and life. the canopy is very thick, c
    asting dark shadows on the forest below with little natural sunlight. the earth is wet and often mucky, covered in puddles, streams, ponds,
    and even quicksand.
    indentdeadtree place : a swampy patch of land dotted with dead birch trees.
    indentthe meadow : this uncovered spot is near the border with hillclan. it's covered with short, springy grass and small trees.
    indentbatcaves : this is the series of caves in the cliff walls that skirt the territory. they house a large colony of bats. there are stone ledges
    that make a semi-easy path up the cliffs, but the trip is still very dangerous for those who aren’t used to the trail. warriors occasionally will
    climb up to some of the lower caves and scare out the bats to catch them as they fly out, but usually only when prey is scarce, as it is dang
    erous. apprentices are forbidden to climb the cliffs and a warrior's first hunting mission at the caves is considered a very big deal.
    indentsinking sands : a section of territory off to the far southern border contains a particularly thick stretch of marsh that is filled with cra
    ters of quicksand. some of the craters are hidden, and many foolhardy apprentices and young warriors have stumbled into these traps.
    swampclan's camp : (<-- rough image provided) the swampclan camp is set deep into a natural ravine, left ages ago by water. they say th
    at the moon shines brightly into the heart of camp, and that is what guided it's founder, swamp weaver, to it many seasons before the pres
    ent. the entrance of the camp is guarded by the sloping marsh forest and large trees, one of which is felled. its gnarled roots hide the entra
    nce to camp. within camp, many dens are set into the sides of the ravine as it slopes upwards. voices and chatter echo around the farther b
    ack you go, and the leader’s den is in a small, naturally formed cave beneath a large outcrop of stone: the weaver’s perch.
Last edited by deftonesly on Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:51 am, edited 52 times in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ ‘✦) i am the plague ━━ relations + extras

Postby deftonesly » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:19 pm

⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
hillclan
swampclan
outsider

quiverpaw likes jaypaw
waspfoot likes orchidstar
coalpaw likes eeltail
blossomfur likes icarus
cat likes cat
cat likes cat
cat likes cat
cat likes cat
cat likes cat
cat likes cat
cat likes cat

cherrycloud & mapleclaw
like each other
cat and cat
like eachother
cat and cat
like eachother
cat and cat
like eachother
cat and cat
like eachother
cat and cat
like eachother
cat and cat
like eachother
cat and cat
like eachother

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯

cat & cat
- kits

cat & cat
- kits

cat & cat
- kits

cat & cat
- kits

cat & cat
- kits

cat & cat
- kits

cat & cat
- kits

[ mentors ]
robinpaw - nightflame
pebblepaw - graytail
mottlepaw - cherrycloud
riverpaw - foxwhisker
coalpaw - eeltail
jaypaw - mapleclaw
cranepaw - larkheart
quiverpaw - buzzardclaw
cat - cat
cat - cat
cat - cat
⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯
nnImage

⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

places of interest.
    indentthe glade : the gathering place for the two clans! it is located along the cliffs and rocky ledges that border swampclan's land. the le
    aders make the climb to the highest ledge, while the rest of the clans settle on the lower shelves of rock below. the deputies sit on the se
    cond lowest ledge, and the medicine cats sit below that one. it is a wide open space, completely exposed to starclan's will.
    indentmother's pool : at the end of a long journey to the red canyon's edge, the clans' medicine cats reach the mother's pool. it is a circle
    of sparkling water that unfurls into a waterfall, then plummeting to the red canyon below. when cats drink from the water, they are taken
    to starclan's hunting grounds, where they share dreams with their ancestors. (like in the books, yes, i know i am unoriginal).
    indenttwolegplace : as aforementioned, a twolegplace lies beyond the red canyon in the distance. the trek alone is normally enough to de
    ter most humans and their kittypets, but there are always the exceptions that make it to the clans. most commonly, rogues and loners co
    me from there, as they're tough enough for the trip.
Last edited by deftonesly on Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:48 am, edited 15 times in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ ‘✦) i am the plague ━━ the prophecy (4/4)

Postby deftonesly » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:14 pm

⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
-
swampclan

eeltail - ♂ - 18m
ivythorn - ♀ - 36m

hillclan

whitegust - ♂ - 36m
sootfeather - ♀ - 20m

-
the cats of the prophecy
must leave in search of t
he new territory, then re
turn to guide the clans t
o safety. it will be a dan
gerous journey, but it is
the only way. they must
hurry before the sicknes
s can claim the lives of t
heir healthy clanmates.
⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯

⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯
-
prophecy

death wears the face of innocence
and with it brings upon the destru
ction of the clans.
the good become savage until non
e remain.
the chosen four must follow the n
orthern star until they reach the e
nd of the midnight trail. they shall
lead the clans into new life.
-
⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯
REMAIN
░░░░░░░░░
░░
░░
░░

⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯

Last edited by deftonesly on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 9 times in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deftonesly » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:44 am

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
[ discussion thread ]
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ ‘✦) one.

Postby deftonesly » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:48 am

ORCHIDSTAR
age. 52 moons . rank. hillclan leader . where. camp ; the glade . tags. hillclan . words. 1504
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    lol
    orchidstar paced around the roots of the great stump, coarse tortoiseshell fur prickling and tail lashing in the wind. her wide green eyes were narrowed to cold slits, and her claws tore up the springy grass of the hillside. a feeling the confident leader scarcely experienced──worry──coursed through her blood as she thought about the events that had transpired within the last few days. never would the hillclan leader forget the terror on volestripe's face as he tore into camp, covered in blood, screeching for help. a sickly fox with a foaming mouth had attacked the night patrol, killing badgerswipe, gorsepelt, and heatherpaw. volestripe was the sole survivor; he hadn't been able to say much else other than "fox" and "they're gone". it didn't take long for the hillclan warriors to follow the blood trail and find the bodies. they had mourned over the lives lost, and ever since, heavy talons of unease had gripped the clan──unyielding.
    indentthe tortoiseshell was simply drowning in grief. hillclan, and the cats in it, were everything to her. she would die for any one of her clanmates, and would defend their territory with unfaltering pride until her last breath. she lived for sharing tongues and spending time with her kin; she secretly celebrated, in her own stony way, every new warrior or apprentice that earned their name. she cried for those leaving the world and she cried in joy for those entering it. and now, this loss . . . coupled with volestripe's undeniable deterioration──orchidstar knew, deep down in her bones, that the clans would never be the same. she couldn't place the feeling, but it was like a figure she could never seem to reach, always slipping into shadow at the last moment. and so, orchidstar paced outside her den, uncharacteristically showing emotion with her twitching fur and faraway gaze. she wondered what tonight would be like. things had been steady between swampclan and hillclan, but with the steady ending of leaf-fall and the terrible feeling itching at the back of her mind, orchidstar couldn't fight off her anxiety.

indentshaking her head in an attempt to clear it, she finally stilled and sat down, curling her tail along her side. she watched over her clan as the last light of the sun burned on the distant horizon, past the whispering blades of grass and the fragrant heather. the air was crisp with a bit of a chill that smelled of frost. the rising full moon was bright but there were clouds in the sky, signaling a possible bad omen. the tortoiseshell shuddered at the thought. what could starclan be trying to tell them? apprentices played, warriors sat around and talked, anticipating when she would mount the great stump and announce that they'd be heading off. hers was a small but strong clan, so most of the time orchidstar took everyone, but that itching feeling had told her earlier to leave a few warriors behind tonight. being an instinctual, self-assured cat, she'd given into the feeling. she'd selected volestripe, whitegust, cherrycloud, sootfeather, applepatch, goosepaw, and loudpaw for the evening, and of course blossomfur and her apprentice, mintpaw. she was a tad worried about bringing volestripe, who seemed to be recovering, albeit the glassy look in his eyes and the huff in his breath. but she wanted swampclan to know that despite their losses, they were as strong as ever.
    indentshe was snapped from her reverie by a familiar calico pelt at the edge of her line of sight. orchidstar relaxed at the sight of her deputy, waspfoot, padding up to her. waspfoot was seasons younger than her, but they got on well; she was sharp-tongued and quick, known for her speed and her ability to rationalize quickly. she was the best deputy a leader could ask for, and orchidstar was grateful for her. in all honesty, despite being surrounded by her clan and kin, the tortoiseshell still felt alone at times. perhaps it was the burden of her duties, or perhaps she'd never been the most sociable, especially after the death of her sister, thistleblossom. but waspfoot was a good cat and she was orchidstar's confidant in anything and everything. for a time, she'd foolishly entertained the faintest of feelings for her, but she'd pushed them aside. hillclan, and her leadership of it, were what mattered most to the molly. and they always would.

indentnonetheless, orchidstar blinked fondly at waspfoot and got to her feet. she decided she might as well gather the clan together and head out; the moon was bright in the indigo, star-speckled sky, and she wanted to be prompt. as waspfoot took her place at her right side, orchidstar yowled a summons, sashaying towards the camp entrance, "may all of the cats chosen to attend the gathering join me! the moon is at it's peak. it's time we head to the glade." as her clanmates flocked to her like starlings, the tortoiseshell gazed back at the cats beyond, watching and bidding save travels. her mew was firm, and her muscular figure was poised as she called, "i expect those left behind to guard the camp well. we will return with news of the evening." then, speaking to the group clustered around her, orchidstar mewed, "come, hillclan!" and with that, she shouldered through the dense thickets that surrounded the camp and took off down the hillside, her warriors streaming after her. her feet were light on the earth and her long legs moved effortlessly; they were mere blurs as she ran! feeling power flow through her veins, orchidstar pressed on through her territory with her head and tail raised high. she leaped over bushes and dashed up hillsides full of lazily waving grasses. she glanced back once, green eyes giving off a glow in the light of the full moon, and saw her ten clanmates' silvery forms twisting and darting through the long grass. she tossed her head to the left, and saw blossomfur racing along; turning it to the right, she saw waspfoot, who was matching her strides.
    indentorchidstar and her clanmates were like a school of fish; they ducked and lunged above one another, staying tightly woven and only separating when they were forced to skip around shrubbery. there was strength in numbers and togetherness, especially in light of the recent fox attack. orchidstar knew every rock she passed, every creek she cleared, and every animal call that reached her flattened ears. this was her home, and she was proud of this land that she could call her own. haring up a hillside, they came across the rippling river──a huge stretch of flowing grass. the group bounded through it, nearing the edge of their territory now; the dark trees and marshes of swampclan's land, a smear in the distance, showed they were getting close. instead of crossing the border, orchidstar veered to her right, running alongside it towards the cliff face that bordered swampclan's land. situated within the cliff face's nooks and crannies laid the glade: a wide plateau of shelves of smooth, paw-dimpled rock, worn by generations of clan meetings. after a while longer of traveling, yellow grass gave way to marshes and spindly trees. the hillclan cats were enveloped in darkness, the moonlight dappling down onto their pelts as they pressed on through the muck. cats hissed and pelts bristled, as their calloused paws were unused to the foreign sponginess of the earth and the constant squelching of mud. how could any cat stand to live here when there was an open, bountiful world, just beyond, beneath the blessings of their ancestors? orchidstar couldn't fathom it.

indentthey eventually came to the cliff face. hopping up the slabs of stone, the hillclan cats flowed upward as one, the ledges forming a kind of ancient steps up to the glade. their paws were confident on the smooth rock, bodies languid shadow as they scaled the cliff face and beheld the glade. the large expanse of stone stretched before them, bathed in moonlight. hillclan was the first to arrive, and inwardly orchidstar felt a prickle of triumph that they'd surpassed their swampclan counterparts. she waited as the last of her cats clambered up, then proudly marched across the shelves of stone, leaving her clanmates below as she began to ascend to the highest ledge, where she and moosestar would conduct the meeting from. waspfoot, blossomfur, and mintpaw followed, sitting down on the slightly lower ledges for the deputies and medicine cats. as orchidstar climbed to the final slab of stone and settled on its edge, she overlooked her clanmates milling below like a watchful entity. she enjoyed the cold night air and how it bit beneath her tortoiseshell coat to the skin beneath. the hardened leader fixated her intense green eyes on the moon, which still had clouds stubbornly skidding by it. sitting there, comfortably alone, she prayed to starclan that the evening would go well . . . prayed that her dear sister was watching over them. now all we must do is wait.

EELTAIL
age. 18 moons . rank. swampclan warrior . where. deadtree place ; camp . tags. none . words. 721
    lol
    dark and silent, like a shadow, the tom stalked a mouse as it rummaged among the long-dead roots of a birch tree. eeltail's gray pelt blended into the green, shadowy crevices of the swamp; his sleek body, much like the creature it was named for, glided over the soggy ground. his paws, nimble and quick, made no squelch, and his yellow orbs were narrowed and muscles a-quiver with the thrill of the hunt. the mouse was clearly hoping to find a meal, much like the swampclan warrior. before it had the chance, the gray tomcat sprang forward, quickly pinning the prey and then giving it a killing bite to the neck. eeltail sighed as he looked down at his catch, not exactly pleased with its scrawny size. it would less than likely be able to fill a cat's stomach. at the very least it would make a decent snack, so he supposed it was still a successful hunt, especially considering the fast approaching end to leaf-fall. looking up from the mouse, his attention turned to the dark sky that had been a blazing sunset what seemed like just a moment ago. darkness crept in around him, making the deadtree place eerier, if that was even possible. is it already time? he thought to himself with a hardened expression and narrowed yellow eyes. he picked the mouse up in his jaws and padded off, darting from dead birch carcasses to bare strips of land, being careful to avoid the swampy stretches of the deadtree place so as not to soil his pelt.

indentnot many cats came here, as the hunting was deemed poor, but for eeltail, it was a great place to get away and think. he liked to hunt alone, liked to trek the land. he was fond of the bogs and the water, the sights and the smells, the never-ending complexity of the land and the way it was always shifting. he kept a fast pace while he made his way back to camp, his head filled mostly with thoughts of the gathering. the last time he had attended one was a few moons ago, when he was a bit of a younger warrior. tonight's gathering was sure to be an interesting one. uneasy too──considering the onslaught of the cold months that no one wanted to think about──but interesting nonetheless. lucky him that he would be attending this one. eeltail slipped through the shadows like water, one with the terrain, leaping over fallen trees, marshland, and small puddles of sinking sand. the swamp forest was alive, birds squawking and insects buzzing. even the trees seemed to have minds of their own, with drooping branches crowded with moss that raked his pelt like jagged claws.
    indentabruptly he came upon the camp. well-hidden, it was a natural ravine, left generations ago by water. just as claimed by the swampclanners, the moon shined brightly into the heart of camp; the entrance was guarded by a sudden sloping of the forest and large trees. one of these trees was felled, and beyond its gnarled roots laid the entrance to eeltail's home. he bounded the final stretch to the tree and weaved his way through the roots, then wriggling through a thorny wall of brambles and into the unfiltered moonlight. voices and chatter echoed around the camp. cats lounged outside their dens──which were set into the sides of the ravine as it rose upwards──and sat around the camp floor as well, eagerly awaiting moosestar's signal for departure.

indenthe greeted those that passed by with a smile and a mew as he crossed the clearing. eeltail quickly placed his meager catch on the fresh-kill pile and settled by the entrance of camp to try to smooth down his fur a bit. all the while, he kept one yellow eye on the weaver's perch──also known as moosestar's den, which was a cave beneath a large outcropping of stone at the foot of the ravine. he gazed upward between laps of his tongue at the progress of the moon in its nightly transit. it was fully risen by now, shining boldly in a deep indigo sky. the young warrior had to admit, despite not looking forward to the tension between the clans that would surely be present, he was still excited to see the other clan and socialize.

GOOSEPAW
age. 7 moons . rank. hillclan apprentice . where. den ; camp ; the glade . tags. whitegust . words. 915
    lol
    the black-and-white tom rolled over in his cozy nest of feathers and sprigs of moor grass with a groan. after training with whitegust all afternoon, his mentor had at last allowed him to take a nap. it was quite nice, considering the darkness, the warmth, and, best of all, the lack of his three roommates to disturb him. before he'd trudged off to the apprentices' den, though, orchidstar had announced the gathering attendees. goosepaw had been overjoyed when his name was called; he was finally going to his first gathering! the young male had only been training for a moon, so it was quite the honor for him.
    indentnoise outside the den interrupted his bleary thoughts, and he blinked open his yellow eyes to see that the moon had risen and that his clanmates were roaming around the camp. they waited for orchidstar's signal to leave, sharing tongues and spilling gossip and promising to fill in those that would be left behind. excitement fizzed through goosepaw and he hopped to his paws, stretched, and licked his fur into place hurriedly. he pushed through the prickly gorse stems of the den and into the moon-lit clearing beyond. cats were everywhere, bustling around camp, haunted by a nervous energy. goosepaw thought of──with a clench of his heart──the recent passing of badgerswipe, gorsepelt . . . and his littermate, heatherpaw. he still couldn't believe his sister, his best friend, was just gone.

indentshe should be here with me, goosepaw thought sullenly, eyes brimming with tears yet to be shed, images flashing in his brain: the empty nest beside him that still smelled of her. volestripe's desperate yowling for help. following the blood to his sister's broken, battered body . . . for a moment, all goosepaw could do was stand just inside the entrance to the den and control himself. he'd known that going to the gathering without heatherpaw would be difficult, but now more than ever he had to live as if through her. he'd have a fantastic time with whitegust and his denmate, loudpaw, because that was what fun-loving, sunny heatherpaw would want her brother to do. he sat on his haunches and watched the commotion as he groomed some more. he wanted to look immaculate for the gathering; the prideful tomcat planned on striving for a good first impression on their rivals. goosepaw seemed to care more than he should of what swampclan cats thought of him, despite knowing he would never let his loyalty waver. even though he lacked blood in the clan, he was hillclan, through and through.
    indentjust then, orchidstar got to her feet and began to stalk across camp. "come, hillclan!" she yowled as goosepaw scampered to join her, falling in step with loudpaw towards the middle of the group. they thundered through the entrance and emerged onto the hillsides, the grass and shrubbery glossed over in silvery moonlight. the hillclanners pressed across their territory, aerodynamic, slim bodies easily cutting through the brisk wind. they bounded up hillside after hillside; they passed rabbit rock, and to the far distance the red canyon. beyond that laid the rippling river, which was full of good prey, the silky grass brushing against goosepaw's fur as he tore though it. he felt weightless, like a bird that had gotten its chance to stretch its wings, and he couldn't stop the jubilant cry that came from his maw. he'd never traveled so far and so fast before. his legs burned to keep up with the strong warriors, his eyes watered, his chest felt tight . . . and yet, somehow, he felt amazing. this was his home . . . he was proud to be representing hillclan at the gathering and even prouder to have been picked.

indentthey skirted the swampclan border, traveling through marshes and haggard-looking trees to the cliff face rising in the distance. goosepaw gagged at the sucking mud and the stink of the boggy earth, letting out a sigh of irritation as he finally joined the others on the ledges. so much for giving myself a wash, he thought, as his long legs were utterly covered in muck. he clambered up the ledges with his clanmates, pouncing from stone to stone, until they finally reached the moon-washed glade. it was even more beautiful than the other apprentices had claimed. a plateau of smooth stone laid before them, and beyond, three large ledges that overlooked the clearing; the highest was where orchidstar and moosestar would be sitting. goosepaw's yellow eyes twinkled with awe as the others fanned out across the clearing, chattering amongst one another. they were the first to arrive. he glanced around, only seeing loudpaw, and instantly he wondered what the swampclan apprentices would be like. he'd never met a swampclanner before; he figured they all probably smelled as stinky as their territory.
    indenthe figured he should find whitegust. as the black-and-white tom stood on the sidelines, his gaze roved around the glade until he spotted him. the tall, lean apprentice bounded across the ledges until he reached the great white tom, whose long, ghostly fur billowed in the wind. he dipped his head respectively and mewed, hardly able to contain his energy, yet still trying to seem suave in front of his awesome mentor, "hey, whitegust! are you excited for the gathering? i'm so happy that orchidstar picked me, but then again, why wouldn't she?" he lifted a paw and flexed his claws, admiring their glint in the silver lighting.
Last edited by deftonesly on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

01, 00 ━ ‘✦) moosestar, whitegust

Postby vertigo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:11 pm

‛MOOSESTAR
for. swampclan x role. swampclan leader x where. the weaver's perch, the glade x words. 2058
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━ ━
ooga booga
    that evening his dreams had been plagued with scenes of battle, bodies slinking through the shadows, blood-red claws outstretched to hook into his clan-mates . . .
    indentmoosestar woke with a start, pale green eyes wide yet breath coming out in an even, level tone. he had fallen asleep for just a moment━to his luck━for his wiry legs still wound tight and perfect beneath his delicate frame, clumps of moss-arranged bedding all but budged under-paw . . . a sigh drifted out of his mouth and into the mountain breeze; perhaps he had not been so paranoid when he was just a warrior, or a deputy. yet these past few days had been crammed with the constant fight between wanting to worry over his clan for the sake of their safety or becoming a full-fledged paranoiac━and the even bigger battle between retaining his compassion but not letting it always cloud his judgement, being a leader and being himself. truth be told, he used to find it easy to be naturally himself, but at as a leader there were so many new variables to consider. i often wonder if i am doing good by my clan━i mean, i must be . . . right? all eyes are bright and bellies continue to healthily swell. how is it that i am so determined to see swampclan thrive yet i do not want to compromise it's founding principles to do so? the brown-furred leader shut his eyes, willing his mind to slow it's pace; sweat had started to form an inconvenient trickle down the back of his neck and dampen his shoulders, and his legs had begun to cramp up and ache. the tom-cat had a hard time doing it on his own, and found himself wishing that he had more companions which could, without doing really anything, soothe him into a serene calm.
    ooga boogawith another sigh━not one of irritance, simply a breath seeking to pull in the finest traces of composure and tranquility━the thin, dark-furred and angular tom pulled himself onto his dainty paws and settled onto his haunches after groggily rubbing the sleep from his luminous fern-like eyes. he immediately smoothed out his fur with brisk strokes along his body, starting with his shoulders and back, before dipping all the way down to his paws and the end of his black-capped tail. it was a ritual, and it helped get all the splinters and pebble dust out of his fur before he started the day. of course, the day had already more than started, in fact, it had more than just started: the sun had long ago started on it's steady climb towards the bottom of the darkening sky, and most cats had skipped their slumber opportunities to prowl camp with anticipation heavy in their pawsteps. pale, blearing moonlight spilled in━milky and ethereal━to paint the den in twinkles and quite frankly . . . well━motivation.
    ooga boogait was time.

ooga boogahe turned to leave the root-enforced den when an unwelcome breeze strolled inside, buffetting against his thin brown pelt and leaving his black nose wet and numb. the air was indeed crisp, allowing cold to seep through his pelt and tug at his insides like a hungry rat. it was at times like these that he found himself envying the genes which prowled strongly within hillclan, cats of all ages sporting pelts of thick, warm fur which suited perfectly for the cooler temperatures. a shiver jolted his body──an obvious cue to the extent of the cold tonight would bring──the heat from his lithe form rapidly leaching off into the night air. he stiffened his muscles a twinge; the chill had left his bones with an unsettling rawness . . . but the night would not wait, and most certainly was not about to warm up anytime soon . . . and with that being said, the swampclan leader made haste out of his den, cringing as wind slammed against his angular jaw and glazed his eyes.
    ooga boogaa surge of pride swept through the lengthy tom-cat's chest, as he made his way from his den across the camp. his brown-furred paws treaded slowly across a new, temporary spiny stream that spilled through camp, until moosestar was on the other side, and lowering himself to a comfortable position beside where he would soon call for an announcement. his bright green gaze flicked across the cats milling out camp, meeting the eyes of some as they presumed the words that would spill from his mouth . . . with the plume of his black-capped tail in the air, he gave a quick shake of his pelt and a flick of his whiskers, before shambling onto the weaver's perch with a demonstrated level of precision and grace. he was showing his weakness to the cold more and more lately──his unusual nap was prime example of so──though he hated to admit it. and despite the fact that he still held each of his supernatural nine lives, he was well aware that this leaf-bare might just be different . . . cold enough to creep through his den deep in the night and steal away what it could. the idea scared him more than he wanted to admit. but if he were to fall sick due to the plummeting temperatures, he held confidence that sparkjaw would serve the clan well while he recovered.
    ooga boogahe cleared his voice, dipping his head briefly to the felines that had already begun to mingle at the weaver's edge. "let all cats old enough to ford the swamps on their own gather here beneath the weaver's perch for a clan meeting," he called, a content smile raising the corners of his mouth as he watched his beloved clan gather before him, feeling that familiar sense of gratitude that he was allowed to sit here and talk to them as a leader . . . that they liked him to do so. he lowered his eyes to rest upon the shifting pelts of those that had gathered, his angular muzzle pointing towards his clan mates. he was proud, and he had a good reason to be . . . they all did, for they were strong even in the grasp of cold, and showed just as much in the form of their rippling muscles and sheen pelts. he caught glimpse of a few kits peeking out from behind the insides of the nursery, and felt a brief pang in his heart as he watched them tumble over each other at the call of his voice.
    ooga boogato his luck, a shift in the breeze brought his attention back to the growing gathering of cats, and the flicker of grief which had spilled across his gaze refilled with warmth. when most seemed present, he parted his maw to speak once more, "tonight, the names of those whom i call to attend the gathering; please cluster by the entrance after you are called. the cold may slow us down, but the night will not wait for us. our naturally warmer territories grant us the longer-paw on hillclan when it comes to tonight's weather, yes──but we must move quickly." he paused, blinking in sympathy for the lean cats below him. surely, they could feel the chill which hung in the air as much as he did. perhaps he was just being overly sensitive. "those who should not be called, it is your strict duty to protect swampclan camp with the best of your ability. you will be informed of tonight's happenings upon sunrise." he blinked, flicking his tail as he started on his attendees, "sparkjaw, fallowwish, and spiderpaw as usual . . . along with eeltail, mapleclaw, ivythorn, buzzardclaw, mumbleshade, blacknight, and larkheart. mentors, keep your apprentice's close. all will be joining us tonight." he then took a breath. "jaypaw, coalpaw, cranepaw, quiverpaw . . . that means you." he mewed slowly, making sure that he had forgotten no cat, "be on your best behavior. impressions on these nights are everything." his heart melted a bit in his chest: they had so many strong cats, and he hoped they would continue to thrive like this for countless more generations. he blinked, forcing his mush-filled gaze away from his clan-mates to gaze at the moon, and to concentrate on his task at paw. "tonight is a night for peace . . . i trust that you will use it well and forge new friendships with our neighboring clan." he mewed, and flicked his tail to signal the end of the meeting. he then brightened his eyes, and leaped down from the weaver's perch with a quiet thump. starclan knew his clan, and knew both of the clans deserved a night of friendships, of laughter . . . and the sky held all but a cloud, stars twinkling as they danced──for now.

ooga boogaas patient as he was, even moosestar itched to get on the way, and as soon as he had gathered his group of chosen cats, they were off in the direction of the glade. he quickly fell in step with sparkjaw, wafting his tail across her creamy-orange shoulder blades for a moment. "i trust you know what to do," he intoned quietly, a soft chuckle in his throat. the molly was quite older than him, perhaps even a bit more experienced, though he appreciated that greatly. "make sure these apprentice's stay in line, and close to their mentor's flank . . . show them what a 'real' swampclan warrior is like." he looked at her with kindness sparkling in his eyes, and then fell back to see if cranepaw was faring well with the journey. each time he glanced at her he gave the apprentice a comforting smile. it was her first gathering, and moosestar worried for her. he hoped it would be a good experience. if necessary, he would call back fallowwish to accompany her side──anything to ensure that this journey was not to put too hard of a strain on her still kitten-worn paws. he glanced back every now and then, making sure the apprentices were accounted for, all the while feeling good in the little group he had; sparkjaw was the epitome of swampclan strength, and though the two of them were not always on the same page, moosestar admired her fortitude. larkheart was a good friend, and represented the leader's favored half of swampclan values; compassion and composure. his former apprentice, eeltail, and his recent warrior ceremony a handful of moons ago represented the fact that swampclan was moving on strongly, never mind the fact that moosestar simply adored his dedication and selfless attitude. and the five apprentices, the youth of swampclan, signified the strength and growth of their clan. moosestar glanced at two of them──quiverpaw and coalpaw──over the heads of their other clanmates, before turning back around and picking up the pace slightly. he glanced back every now and then, making sure they were all accounted for, that their tails where high and their posture was precise, all the while feeling good in the little group he had.
    ooga boogathe sighting of the glade slowly came into view, and moosestar lifted his head to taste the air for the other clans. approaching the hill that led into the clearing, moosestar gently led his clan down, his ears flicking back and forth. he was admittingly surprised to find that hillclan had been the first to arrive, yet satisfied to find that neither of them had strolled in late. he offered his clan-mates a grand smile of comfort, angling himself towards the ledge which protruded from the rocky walls. resting his tail on the deputy's shoulder before padding away to take his place on the leader's perch, moosestar gave a curt nod to sparkjaw, giving her the go to move and mingle around as she usually did, and then carefully climbed upon the outcrops to settle a few tail-lengths away from orchidstar. he sat their proudly, looking almost as though he was carved out of the stones himself, barely moving, barely breathing or blinking. he did briefly acknowledge orchidstar, yes──with a respectful nod and blink of his fern-green eyes. however all of his concern focused to ensure his party had arrived safely, taking extra consideration for the stragglers at the back.
    ooga boogahe hoped the night would carry on well.

‛WHITEGUST
for. goosepaw x role. hillclan prophecy x where. to be added x words. 0000
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━ ━
ooga booga
    avoiding duties was an olympic sport to whitegust . . . it wasn't that he didn't want to help the better of his clan; that was quite nearly the opposite. it was that often at times he felt as though anything he did do, he did incorrectly, and endangered or annoyed his clan-mates. so it was best for all involved that he assigned himself jobs, like a solo border patrol . . . or going hunting for days at a time. when times like those did occur, the good news was that whitegust's endurance was like none other and he could survive out in the hillclan territories easily enough. the bad news was that no-cat tended to notice he was gone, and so would not know to sound any alarm if he was missing for more than a day. well, no-cat other than goosepaw.
    ooga boogaat sunrise, he had taken the tiny-framed apprentice out patrolling and hunting intermittently on the swampclan border for the best part of the day . . . they had noticed a larger-than-usual amount of water in the rivers and streams, though it was known that it would soon freeze over and be nothing more than a lingering thought in the back of their minds. there had been nothing to report, but goosepaw had seemed to find the trek interesting enough, a relief. whitegust had even felt himself gain an overwhelming sense of pride when the black-and-white splotched tom-cat caught himself a delectable grouse and a pawful of field mice! it was more than just impressive, although the countless hours spent going over hunting techniques and stalking positions were to blame. by the time they had finished, normally happy-go-lucky goosepaw had been shattered in exhaustion.

ooga boogawith his head in the clouds as per usual, the long-furred, pale white maine coon slunk through camp; he had just finished off one of the fresh mice he and goosepaw had captured, and while most hillclanners were grumpily complaining about the plummeting weather, whitegust was living for it. his sensitive palate had never been more satisfied with the fresh taste of crisp, leaf-bare laced air. he was thinking about the way it felt against his thick-fur, the way it smelled, the mouth-feel against his upper fangs──ka-thump! now, as he was readily pacing towards the camp entrance──prepared to settle on his haunches and await hillclan's departure to the glade──he stumbled over one of his own paws and nearly slammed into a much smaller some-cat and was apologizing before he even conceived of their identity. "oh! oh, i'm so s-sorry!" he said immediately, the words flying out of his mouth without a second thought. despite being of a bigger breed, he wasn't a huge cat when compared to his clan-mates, sure, but he wasn't tiny by any means: his lungs were big enough and the words came out louder than he had meant them to be. wincing, he prepared for an onslaught, turning his face and body away and nevertheless cringing at the expectation of physical or verbal violence.
    ooga boogait was only then that he realized just who he had nearly collided with──none other than goosepaw, the narrow-eyed and splotchy muzzled apprentice which he momentarily carried beneath his wing. his paling face brightened instantly. "goosepaw! forgive me, you gave me quite the scare." he flustered, and moved to slink away just a few paw steps. while he listened to the small tom, he looked at him adoringly, big eyes wide . . . there was a sense of pride in knowing that his own apprentice was so determined to represent hillclan tonight, and he knew that the little tom-cat would do just fine. "oh, you are? me too, actually! y-yeah . . . " he trailed off. mostly, he was just agreeing with him for the sake of agreeing with him, but there was something in that statement that wasn't entirely untrue. he didn't mind the gatherings entirely, but they tend to get a little nauseating . . . truth be told, whitegust was far from excited. gatherings always seemed to kindle far too much loud noise for the wallflower to handle. he would have much preferred to stay back and guard the camp, perhaps visit the nursery and tell a few stories to the kittens . . . but he was not about to crush goosepaw's enthusiasm . . . especially considering the young cat had lost so much, too much, as of late. he broke away his gaze and trailed his eyes down to rest on his apprentice's paws. "but you did train a lot today, eh? you'll sleep well tonight, that's for sure." he chuckled, flicking the plume of his white tail softly along goosepaw's splotchy flank. he hoped the walk wouldn't wear out the apprentice's paws too much. perhaps they had gone a little overboard with training that morning . . . he hoped not. he was only trying to ensure that goosepaw turned into the best warrior he could possibly become. "b-but make sure you keep close . . . it's a long walk." a stutter, a pause──but not a bad one.
    ooga boogaand then they were off.

ooga boogahe was completely out of sorts as he followed loudpaw's bushy orange tail. the she-cat was bombastic, loud and aggressive: everything goosepaw didn't have to be, which whitegust respected him for. he kept his eyes peeled as swampclan came into the clearing, and tried to make his fluffy form a little smaller, a little less conspicuous, without much success, but still kept his eyes out for any cat he could come to regard as a friend.

vertigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me