shoreline | accepting

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

shoreline | accepting

Postby vak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:23 pm

the homeland is dwindling increasingly day by day. the shore plays as sole refuge from the press of territory restriction, but not freely. claim had long ago been to the land, by the second of the reigning herds, and their willingness to sheath arms did not come without conflict and tension - the price for seeking safety being paid in blood flowing into the great sea.
      many years they have dealt in remining pure enemies, now the merged herd presents itself as one; and faces war both internally and externally, as members quarrel and the great leaders rival what is to become of them. there lays no other place to run. all are confined, hopelessly trapped unless they save themselves.
i xxx ii xxx iii xxx iv

Last edited by vak on Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
vak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby vak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:36 pm

• given rules include; all sie, roleplay, and stated rules below.
      • one high ranking character per user, with no cap to actual characters. use and make as many as you see fit, but they all must be in near constant xxxuse is at all possible. exceptions such as waiting for a reply from another user, etc, stand.
      • we're encouraging realism, but not to the extent of limitation. make it as realistic as you possibly can, without straying into fiction.
      • small time conflicts are allowed, anything large scale should be ran past me first, but i am generally very agreeing with most things!
vak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

roles

Postby vak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:37 pm

lead stud despite popular belief, the stallion is not the true leader of the herd, he instead is the provider of protection and driver of the herd. he endures a vulnerable life along the edge of the herd; fending off attacks from both the occasional predator and rival males, and bringing up the rear each time the group moves on, urging the straggling members along. due to living on the periphery of the herd - exposed to weather, predators, and challenges from other stallions - the lead stud is exposed to many more risks than the others. the herd stallion does not need to be mated to the lead mare, he may be mated to a subordinate.

lead mare the true head of the herd and center of command, the herd mare takes charge of the herd with little help from any. she will take the front and guide her followers towards necessary resources, scout new areas for the herd to rest, and generally be the queen bee. often the lead mare is older, much wiser than her filly counterparts and holds much commonsense. as opposed to the herd stallion, her life is considerably safer from outside threats. she is protected at all costs and will only not be when she is challenged for her position. as with the lead stud, she is not required to be mated to the second leader, but may instead be mated to a subordinate.

brood mares the flesh of the herd, consisting of every fertile female within a herd, most of their lives range between caring for their young and caring for themself. they are not completely tethered to a single herd - though it possibly can prove more difficult to part ways if they are going to or have birthed offspring of an individual stallion - and can flow between being within a bachelorette herd then a traditional herd, or whatever they may do.

subordiante studs most often these males are sons of the reigning stud who have dedicated their life to protecting the herd, much like the lead stud, in hopes of remaining around long enough that they may take over the rule once the old stud dies or is otherwise beaten out. they might outright challenge the lead stud randomly, but there are no guarantees of whether or not they will win or lose.

foals the youngest members of a herd, these individuals are entirely in the company of a dam and are unable to survive away from her. most are direct descendants of the mare caring for them, but cases of orphans being adopted by mares are not unheard of. most members of this role are a year old and below.

bachelors stallions without a herd of their own turn to this role, the may either run alongside the all male herd or live by their lonesome. they challenge other stallions for their position in official herds often and spar among themselves to prepare for such battles. they make snake an unsuspecting mare from her herd to breed to her or even claim her, once the stud has acquired 3 mares he is allowed to deem their group a herd.

bachelorettes mares without a herd of their own turn to this role, they may either run alongside the all mare herd or live by their lonesome, though the former is much safer. these mares live out their days with the lingering thought of being claimed by an unknown stallion picking at their mind. they may be very partial to their all mare herd and become rather aggressive upon seeing an approaching stallion, especially in the spring; others may be very enthusiastic to join a traditional herd.
vak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

characters

Postby vak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:38 pm

herd 2

lead stud
        res - broken*

lead mare
        res - dilly

brood mares
        open

subordinate studs
        open

foals
        open
x
x
x

bachelors
      res - dilly
      open
          herd 1

lead stud
              res - novaks

lead mare
              res - HowlingHooves

brood mares
              open

subordinate studs
              open

foals
              open
        x
        x
        x

bachelorettes
            open
            open
Last edited by vak on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
vak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vak » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:08 am

accepting forms on the discussion thread, please don’t post to this thread quite yet ;)
vak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me