☣ Wᴇ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs | Accepting ☣

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

☣ Wᴇ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs | Accepting ☣

Postby .KeithKogane » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:08 pm

[removed]
[removed]

Hart Island, The Bronx, New York. A place where abandoned dogs have claimed it as their own. None had a choice in the matter; each canine used to belong to a broken home or fighting groups. Many were shipped off to a pound center that became over run and funds were low. They were starved and they were angry. Some had faith that a family would come and save them from horrors that resided in the walls of their prison. The evil wasn't just from the abandonment, it was coming from the dogs themselves. One by one, each turned heartless and cruel, worrying about only themselves. That was until the government packed up each dog on a boat and kicked them to the island to fend for themselves. Not enough of money to keep them in city

This place was a place prison until 1941, for Confederate soldiers. Only the strongest survives out here, for they have no help for sick and injured animals. Some that were too old when the dogs landed were killed off or died from starvation with being unable to hunt for themselves. The survivors have formed into a pack, each with their own useful ranking. Despite being known for being cruel, they will do anything to help their own. Yet the seasons have been changing, getting closer and closer to winter. Food in slowly becoming scarce and everyone is on edge. What will they do?

Last edited by raey on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: additional images removed
.KeithKogane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☣ Rᴜʟᴇs

Postby .KeithKogane » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:37 am

┌───────────────┐

└───────────────┘

Rules

Tess's Rules; obviously this is a given. I expect each rule should be followed accordingly. I would prefer this roleplay to not be locked due to miscommunication and rather it keep going for as long as possible. Of course that includes godmodding and Mary/Gary sues. We all know by now that nobody's perfect.
    Characters; The character limit is 4, two males two females. Now even though this is set after dogs were taken away from broken homes (etc), not all should be blood thirsty and aggressive. Keep diversity between each character that you make. Only one high rank per user due to the limited amount.
    Literacy; It is expected to be semi-literate to literate. Meaning at minimum there should be one paragraph with six sentences, though there is no maximum. Write to your hearts content. Please disable signatures on this thread as well to keep everything neat.
    Drama; This roleplay is about the struggles of stray dogs, meaning broken shelter and low prey amounts. Romance and fights amount the animals are encouraged and expected, but it shouldn't pull away from the main plot. Anything big like storms should be discussed with me and fellow writers.
    Forms; Reservations should be PM to me which will last 48 hours. All character forms and OOC talk should be placed on the discussion thread.

Pack Boundaries

1; Alpha's word is law. No if's and's or but's. If alpha is away, then orders should be followed from the Beta.
    2; Do not engage with any possible incoming humans. Any new coming dogs should be brought straight to the alpha and beta for evaluation.
    3; Becoming mates or planning on having pups should be blessed by the alpha. Once blessed, seperated housing shall be appointed to the mother to peacefully have her pups.
Last edited by .KeithKogane on Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.KeithKogane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☣ Cᴀɴɪɴᴇs

Postby .KeithKogane » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:15 pm

Cᴀɴɪɴᴇs ᴏғ Nᴇᴡ Yᴏʀᴋ

┌─────────────────┐

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Alpha; The alpha's role in the pack is to
hold supreme order over the pack. To keep
each dog in check and in their given place.
As well as to protect and lead everyone
from danger or possible threats.

Beta; The secondary command in
the ranking order. A consultant to the
Alpha as well as a leader when the other
is away.

Lead Scavenger; The best of the
subordinate group, at hunting in water
as well as small land animals. Organizes
groups to look for food among subordinates
as well as omegas.

Omega; Just strong enough to hunt
and provide for the pack on what they find
But that's all they're good for. Often the
punching bags of the back (if the alpha or
beta don't catch the abusers first)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

└─────────────────┘

Aʟᴘʜᴀ; Raven | 4 | ♀ | Page 1 | .Sir
      Aʟᴘʜᴀ's Mᴀᴛᴇ; Win affections

Bᴇᴛᴀ; Samkiel | 5.5 | ♂ | Page 1 (not complete) | Royalty
      Bᴇᴛᴀ's Mᴀᴛᴇ; Win affections

Lᴇᴀᴅ Sᴄᴀᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀ(s); 2/2 Watsky | 5.5 | ♂ | Page 2 | Butter Dragon & Avalon | 3.5 | ♀ | Page 2 | twig.

Sᴜʙᴏʀᴅɪɴᴀᴛᴇ(s); 4/+ Leilanie | 3 | ♀ | Page 2 | Spotthecrow
      Luka | 4 | ♂ | Page 2 | .:J.Sparrow:.
      Lyla | 3 | ♀ | Page 2 | .:J.Sparrow:.
      Vixian | 2 | ♀ | Page 4 | V.Vulpens
      Mickey | __ | ♂ | Page 4 | Broken Fate
      Dex | 5 | ♂ | Page 6 | Rose
      Caspian | 4 | ♂ | Page 7 | Alphatoros
      Pinch | 3 | ♀ | Page 7 | Alphatoros
      Name | Age | ♂|♀ | Page # | User
      Name | Age | ♂|♀ | Page # | User

Oᴍᴇɢᴀ(s); 1/2 Name | Age | ♂|♀ | Page # | User & Blaze | 4.5 | ♀ | Page 1 (nc)| Royalty

Nᴇᴡᴄᴏᴍᴇʀ(s) 4/4; Harley | 4 | ♂ | Page 1 | .Sir
      Panther | 6 | ♂ | Page 4 | V.Vulpes
      Gaia | 4.5 | ♀ | Page 2 | Butter Dragon
      Misha | 3 | ♂ | Page 4 | thelowercase_king

[removed]
Last edited by .KeithKogane on Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:47 am, edited 22 times in total.
.KeithKogane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☣ Nᴇᴡs

Postby .KeithKogane » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:41 pm

[removed]

Rᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘs;
    Lelani likes Watsky
    ___ likes __

___ is mates with ___
    ___ is mates with ___

Luka is related to Lyla
    ___ is related to ___

Wᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ;
    Sunday October 15th, breaking dawn at roughly 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Partly cloudy with the sun rising in the sky. Slight wind chill, making it feel like 37 degrees. Prey such as rabbits, mice, and birds are still around just not as plentiful. Fish still in the water surrounding the island

Exᴛʀᴀ;
    To be added
[removed]
Last edited by raey on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: additional images removed
.KeithKogane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ( ✗ - one ) ♔

Postby .KeithKogane » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:29 am

Rᴀᴠᴇɴ "Bᴇ ᴄᴀʀᴇғᴜʟ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀᴜsᴛ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ ᴡᴀs ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ "
      ─────────────────────────────────────────────
      [ female ] [ nm; rae or dew ] [ four years ] [ no crush ] [ alpha ] [ tagged with -- ]

Calm and quiet mornings were a blessings. The island was quite small compared to the state of New York. Roughly a mile long in length, maybe even bigger after decades went by. Even the city across the stretch of water between the dogs and the people were quiet. Soothing. Nevertheless cold, chilling through most canine's fur. The sun just barely starting to make its way out into the ocean of the sky, taking it from the dark to the light. Chirping seagulls sounded overhead, soaring just below the white clouds that spotted the gradient sky. The noises slowly brought the young female back into consciousness, her amber eyes blinking away the sleep until her vision was clear once again.
      The morning chill seeped its way through her long fur within the walls of old prison. The dogs didn't take that much space of the old and falling apart place, way to many could get lost or injured alone. Instead they took up one main room, the dining hall. It was large enough to be a car dealership (not as if any of the money knew what that was). Raven kept to her own little corner, a little nest made up of a few old shirts and a thin blanket draped over her brindle pelt. Her muzzle stretched open into a long yawn, raising up her rump to stretch out the spinal collom that went down her body before lifing up the front end. The blanket shrug itself off of the alphaess's shoulders to land in the pile of shirts, leaving her to face the cold herself.

Raven's pelts suddenly shook as dust flew out of her fur, due for a good cleaning. The water would be a good option, if it wasn't as cold as ice. So for now, she would have to deal with it, just for now until it gets slightly warmer. her gaze scanned over the rest of the room, dogs sleeping in small groups or alone. Better for warmth if you will, but the idea o sleeping with another kinda made the female a little lonely. But those thoughts were pushed away almost immediately as her paws took their first steps on the fridged hardwood floors. That definitely woke her up if nothing else did. They were directed to the kill pile that was rested on a table to the entrance of the room, being quite small as it were left overs from the night before. There was a fish, a seagull someone managed to catch as well as a rabbit. Usually there weren't any left overs, but like this morning it was a small amount. Someone must have ate already and didn't want to engore themselves on the little things like birds.
      Pearly white canines snipped a fin of the medium sized fish, craving the mild taste rather than eat a rabbit. A subordinate had brought her the small creature yesterday morning as a early breakfast, deciding they wanted to hunt all night. Of course it was appericiated but quickly has to be stated to never hunt alone on the island at night. At the moment the pack was by themselves, but who knows what could come on at island at night. But the thought was very sweet.

The female's tongue sweeped over the scales as she carried the creature back in her jaws, walking silently to close the distance between her and the outside world. She walked out of the main room and across the medium sized hallway to walk through a hole in the wall. It was tall enough to fit a Great Dane and definitely wide enough to fit the same breed if it were laying down. Raven just ducked her head to avoid a cobweb before the morning breeze swept through her fur. The scent of salty waters filler her nostrils as she walked along the beach, completely unaware of the boat approaching from the opposite side of the island. Blades of grass along with sand stuck themselves between the dark black toe-pads as her paw took another step. She was headed in the direction of her usual spot, where tree trees were leaned over, giving a little cover of shade and the perfect view to watching the sun set. Unless specific duties needed to be complete or she decided to hunt herself, this is where she would be.
      Once hidden with the branches of the trees, the Anatolian shepherd plopped down into a pile of leaves, beginning to pluck away the scales. Those were never anything enjoyable to the alpha, but were seen as pretty. Within moments, Raven's teeth sunk into the flesh of the cold creature. The meat got lost within the scissoring movement of her fangs, soon to be swallowed with the other pieces. But here alone, she was at peace.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Hᴀʀʟᴇʏ " Sᴘᴏɪʟᴇʀ; ᴡᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴅɪᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ "
      ─────────────────────────────────────────────
      [ male ] [ nm; chocolate or rain ] [ four years ] [ no crush ] [ newcomer ] [ tagged with -- ]

"Damnit Rodger, you had him!" a angry human male voice shouted at another man, smacking him in the back of the head before running. Their footsteps pounded like thunder on a stormy night, all in persute of a fawn pelted dog. They've been trying to catch him for several weeks, almost succeeding about twice. Always the same two men, though the only one that was known to the canine was Rodger. Common screw ups every time that he was almost caught, the little miss step or not focusing got him away. But today, something was different. The dog's feet pumped against the cement, determined to get away. His limbs stretched over fallen garbage cans and things that littered the streets. More shoutin sounded from behind, much closer than previously believed, which caused him to take a sharp left.
      Wrong move. Turning left took him to a very short alleyway that trapped him between two buildings and the two men chasing after him. Harley was cornered and this time there wasn't a easy escape. At least not without a fight, but that's not something he wanted to risk. See before, Rodgers's partner has physically hit him with whatever he was holding to try and catch him. Whatever landed hurt quite much. The occasional few drew blood to the dog's dismay.

After being locked up in a grimy old cell overnight, the dog was thrown into a box just too small for his body. He was uncomfortableness hunched over while the boxed moved from unknown forces. The growls and snarls he emitted out of fear went unheard and was unknowingly placed on a one way cruise. The infamous island that the dog's of town have all heard about, the island full of crazies canniables. It wasn't like Harley ever believed those tales, be he wasn't ever planning to find out if they were true. He planned on being the infamous street dog celeberity, getting both fed from people and stealing from unsuspecting ones. Not to mention being a ladies man, flirting with several of the pretty gals he came across on his adventures. But now the only adventure he was on was possible a one-way trip to his death.
      Within twenty minutes or so of wriggling around, the Belgian Malnois finally broke free of his container to finally get a view of his surroundings. He was in the front of the boat littered with a few other squirming boxes while others remained still. There was a strong possibility that there were other dogs in those boxes, if not, then he would prefer to not know who was inside. His muzzle opened up to taste the air, salt being a lingering taste a scent his body clambered out of the box to get a quick look. Waters churned as the boat pushed further, the driver being unknown to him. It was headed toward the small island no matter how much he didn't want to believe it. "Well what do you know, I don't think I can talk my way out of this one," Harley's voice grumbled out, walking to the the bow of the ship before taking a seat. The wind blew through his fur, the scent mixing with his own scent of rain. He really did love the water.

The sun was slowly rising from behind him, illuminating the water with a slightly pink glow. It overall bounced back the color of the sky, with white ripples that flashed from the sun. Even the clouds could be seen in its reflection, despite everything underneath being completely unknown to the naked eye. It wouldn't take very long to get to the island, perhaps twenty minutes at the most. Definitely wasn't any traffic in the way. So rather than panic, freaking out over the tons of stories that have been pasted around from dog to dog, the dog just sat to himself, enjoying the view. It was quiet, besides the call of the seagulls. Not often do you get quiet, especially in the city on the main land. But now. Now was something to be enjoyed. To be appreciated. Definitely not something he's going to let go either.
Last edited by .KeithKogane on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.KeithKogane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☣ Wᴇ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs | Accepting ☣

Postby Butter Dragon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:32 am

Watsky

[ male ] [ five.five years ] [ lead scavenger ] [ tagged with -- ] [ on the beach ]

Watsky whimpered, his own cries beginning to wake him up from his light sleep. As he blinked his eyes open, panting, he could see the rest of the pack still sleeping. It was still dark, the sky was still littered with visible stars and not even the birds had left their nests yet. Unable to contain a deep groan, Watsky pulled himself up and walked a quietly as he was able (which wasn't very) towards the exit of the place where his friends were still sleeping. It wasn't uncommon for him to get up at this hour but, unfortunately, the nightmares were new. It seemed every night was fitful and his days suffered because of it.
Trying his best to keep his thoughts from overwhelming him as he made his way to the place he always went on mornings like these. The beach. The sand felt calming between his paws, the breeze from the ocean swept through his fur and he could smell the salt in the air with every breath. It was peaceful, so peaceful he could just...

Watsky awoke to the sound of birds. His body lay in the sand just far enough where the ocean was unable touch him with it's icy water. He stood up with a sigh, shaking his fur and sending a spiral of of sand all around him and scaring off a flock of seagulls that had settled nearby to him. It seemed the sun was coming up now. How far had he walked before falling asleep? He looked around, definitely further than he would've been comfortable. But he was familiar enough not to be worried about it in any case. But, as he looked out over the beautiful ocean he saw something that truly did concern him. A ship? He wasn't a scout but a ship was a ship and he was already running back to deliver a warning.

Gaia

[ female ] [ four years ] [ newcomer ] [ tagged with -- ] [ on the boat ]

Gaia was scared, she didn't know what to do or how to react. The pain was gone but... with it they had taken her leg. Now she was alone, trapped in a cold kennel and short one limb. Why did they have to take her away? She wanted to go home, to be with her pack, or at least to be anywhere but where she was at that moment. Suddenly she heard she sound of the door opening, she couldn't see who it was from her position in the kennel but from the jingling of keys she knew it couldn't be anyone good. She was right.
She was taken from one cage and brought directly to another. And from there she was forced into a truck, transferred from hand to hand until she found herself in the lower deck of a ship. At least that's what she assumed it was, it was difficult to tell through the small cracks in her crate. For a while she was silent, curled up and shivering with fear. But she could hear others begin to stir and, before long, she decided she ought to try her hand at escaping her own little box. After at least an hour of wriggling and gnawing she was finally able to get one board off. That's it, I'm too tired, she sighed and stuck her muzzle out of the window she'd created in hopes of finally getting some fresh air.
Butter Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spotthecow » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:59 am

╔══════════════════════╗
          ...LEILANI
          ╚══════════════════════╝
          subordinate :: fae :: three years :: tagged; no one
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
        xxxxxWhy? Why are we here? A blue Merle Border Collie by the name of Leilani lay with a small group of dogs in a small corner of the beaten up building, her chocolate brown eyes staring contently towards a ragged whole in the ceiling. Just below her there had been old, wrinkled towels and ripped up socks made up as bedding, nothing special, but good enough to not allow the cold wooden floor to be seen from beneath her soft, white paws. She often asked herself this question in hopes of receiving a pleasant answer, but still was unable to grasp it.

xxxxxWith a short and rather quiet sigh, the silky fae turned her head to the shadowy figure of a rather large fae who claimed herself to be alpha, walking out from her corner and to the outside. Leilani certainly couldn't image becoming such a high ranking, for she knew nothing about the forest nor the dangers that came with it, and didn't like being the center of attention at all times, but she admired Raven for doing such a hard job. The fae yawned, showing a hint of her canine teeth and stood up slowly, stretching out her back legs and then her front legs. Then she shook her pointed, grey, speckled ears and began to walk out from the building, wondering what the day would make of her.

xxxxxAs the pretty, blue Merle Border Collie stepped into the open, she closed her sparkling eyes for a brief moment, allowing the chilly ocean breeze slide through her long fur. It's so different from the city...Even the wind is different, Leilani thought to herself and opened her eyes to watch the trees move and birds flutter around.
    spotthecow

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

☣ The Subordinate Siblngs {1} ☣

Postby nocturna. » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:53 pm

() LYLA
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      ( scent: spring rain ) ( age: 3 years ) ( rank: subordinate ) ( location: jail ) ( mood: content ) ( tagged: open )
      - - - -Sleep. The Karelian Bear Dog fae had finally found it. Ever since the young fae had arrived on the island with her brother, sleep had been an illusive prey. But just this last night, Lyla was able to catch more than a couple hours rest. She dreamt of the good times of her now seemingly far off pup-hood. Luka and her grew up on a large farm, where their owners bred and trained others of their breed. Lyla and her litter-mates were to be trained hunting dogs and then sold to professional hunters. Perhaps the fae's fate would have been different if her owners hadn't agreed on keeping her... But that was only wishful thinking.

- - - -After Lyla's second year, her owners began to face financial difficulty. The demand for hunting dogs was decreasing and less and less pups were sold. The burden of so many mouths to feed with little to no income crippled her owners, forcing them to do the unthinkable; dump their dogs. Lyla was just lucky enough to end up with her strong older brother. The pair did well on their own until being captured. And again but a stroke of luck, they ended up on the small island together. For that, Lyla was thankful. Luka was the only thing she had left from her happy past, and they had grown inseparable.

- - - -The fae only began to stir upon hearing others waking. Her sensitive ears pricked at the slightest noise of claws clicking against the jail's hardwood floor. Lyla's deep amber hues slowly lifted to see the Alpha Raven and fellow subordinate Leilani leave the common area the pack shared. Her hues darted around the rest of the dilapidated room, scanning to see who else was waking. Not many others were moving, perhaps enjoying their sleep as she was. Lyla's gaze turned to her brother next to her, a small smile forming across her muzzle. Luka was still fast asleep, and for the time being, Lyla would wait a bit longer to get up.

(۞) LUKA
      ( scent: spruce & earth ) ( age: 4 years ) ( rank: subordinate ) ( location: jail ) ( mood: concerned ) ( tagged: open )
      - - - -A yawn curled across the brute's lips as he felt his sister begin to stir next to him. The pair shared a sleeping corner of the jail common room, a large nest made of old scraps of cloth and dried grasses. Since they shared an area, not a lot of bedding materials were needed as their body heat generally kept the pair warm. And it was Lyla's generosity that gave their materials to those in more need. The brute grumbled lightly in his half awakened state, desprate for sleep to return to him. But it was all in vain. He knew it would not return. Luka reluctantly pried open his amber shaded hues.

- - - -His sister was lying next to him, that happy smile drew across her muzzle like always. The brute huffed lightly, a mediocre response to Lyla's smile. The air felt a bit chillier this morning, and from experience, Luka had a hunch that winter would come early this year. That was the last thing he wanted to think about this morning. It was to be the sibling's first winter on the island and it was an understatement to say that Luka was worried. He dreaded the coming of winter, scared that they might not make it through the season. Prey was somewhat sustainable on the island. But the brute had no idea what it would be like once the snow fell...

- - - -Luka shook the idea from his mind. He wouldn't be worried about it now. Perhaps he'd speak to Raven later about the matter... perhaps. The brute normally didn't speak much, but when it came to matters of his younger sister's or the pack's well being, he'd voice his opinion. Another yawn escaped his maw as the black and white brute got to his feet, stretching out his legs.
    nocturna.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby twig. » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:02 am

A V A L O N; lead scavenger

location; jail | mood; worried, curious | tagged; watsky

It wasn't uncommon for Avalon to dream like this. The sun would creep over the tips of the trees and spread warm over her pelt. She would lift her head and crack open her eyes, examining the heavenly surroundings. She would be met with endless, bright-red poppy fields, inviting her to bound through them. Rabbits and other small prey animals would occasionally rear their heads, encouraging her to come out and chase after them. She would hear the voice of her mother, indistinct in the distance. Avalon would look down at herself, noticing that she was sitting atop a stone that felt incredibly smooth beneath the pads of her paws. The voice of her mother would get louder, the prey would become more abundant, the poppies would sparkle as if they'd been covered in a layer of fairy dust. Avalon would fall victim to this and dash into the field, her paws colliding with the soft, grassy earth. She would gallop through the flowers, feel the wind whip through her fur, only to find that everything was just out of her reach. The prey and her mother would only drift further away the closer she got. Avalon would attempt to speak, but no sound would come out. She would stop running, and suddenly, she would---

jolt awake.

Avalon jerked up, her eyes snapping open as she examined her surroundings. Of course, she was still in the jail among her comrades. Exactly where she'd fallen asleep the previous night. The morning air was brisk and frigid, causing the saluki to shiver. She'd been sleeping on her own in the corner, curled into herself to conserve what little body heat she had. Avalon stood and shook the remnants of sleep off before bowing down and stretching out. She straightened up and sighed, her eyes trailing over the pack, noting that the majority of them were still sleeping. Quietly and cautiously, Avalon padded towards the exit, taking care not to step on any paws or tails. She came to a halt in front of the kill pile, shaking her head slightly at the minuscule amount of food left. Avalon knew well that she and Watsky were doing a fine job at leading the subordinates on hunts, but she would have preferred to see more successful outcome. Avalon had a tendency to worry that she wasn't fulfilling her duties well enough, but judging by the fact that none of the dogs around her were completely emaciated, she was doing just fine.

Mornings here were always peaceful, which was quite the opposite of what they had been in New York. Avalon used to be able to hear cars rumbling and people chattering at this hour. Now that she was on the island, it seemed as though the only sound in the early morning was that of the ocean rolling up onto the sand and crashing back into itself. She let out a yawn and exited the massive building, allowing her paws to land on the grass instead of the icy floors. She surveyed her surroundings, observing the island as if it was the first time she'd ever seen it. Avalon finally turned in the direction of the beach, but she felt compelled to do a double take when she noticed something floating on the horizon. If her eyes had not mistaken her, Avalon could see a ship approaching their island. Like the saltwater that rolled up over the beach, fear crept its way up Avalon's spine. What was a boat doing here?

Avalon could only stand and stare, far too focused on trying to figure out the reason that a ship was approaching. Had humans come to rescue them? Were the remaining dogs on the island going to be eradicated? There were so many potential outcomes, and Avalon wasn't liking any of them. It was only when she noticed Watsky galloping towards the jail that she was shaken out of her thoughts. The saluki watched him carefully, noticing the look of concern on his face as he bounded forward. "Watsky?" Avalon barked, wanting to catch the lead scavenger's attention. "Pray tell me that you're going to find Raven and inform her about that ship."
    twig.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Butter Dragon » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:18 pm

Watsky

[ male ] [ five.five years ] [ lead scavenger ] [ tagged with -- Avalon] [ on the beach ]

Watsky hurried along the beach, his thick paws spraying sand behind him with every step. The wind hit his face stinging his eyes as the brisk air met his face. He really had gone far, but considering the size of the island he knew he'd be back at the base in no time. He'd planned of meeting Raven but instead he saw the familiar face of Avalon before he could make it to his alpha. "Avalon!" He barked, as he made his way towards her slowing his gate more and more the closer he got, "That's the plan, is she with the pack?" He asked, he wasn't sure how long he'd been sleeping and there was no use going back if everyone was already up and awake. Watsky was trying to calm his heart, he was no point in panicking over something that was only a potential threat. There were a million reasons as to why a boat would be near the island and they didn't all end in disaster. Still, he couldn't help but worry about the strange, new, machine that seemed to be headed straight towards what they had made their home.
    Butter Dragon

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me