Fading Lights :: Butterfly Wolf RP :: Semi-Lit :: Accepting

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Fading Lights :: Butterfly Wolf RP :: Semi-Lit :: Accepting

Postby Lunar Paradox » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:01 pm

In the in between times when day fades into night or spring melts into summer, and at the in between places where paths converge, a veil is parted between the worlds and one may enter the Otherworld, the world of Faery. But use much caution, dear one! For you have entered the Faery crossing, and none return unchanged.

Ever since the beginning of time, the Fae have secretly left their mark on earth. The seasons, the weather, and all the wonders of nature bow to their unique magic. When humans, young and full of potential, first appeared, the Fae were fascinated. Ever since, they have influenced the world of mankind in ways both benevolent and sinister. While the humans did not truly believe in the Fae, legends spread through storybooks and word of mouth. Because the Fae often resembled tiny winged canines, they became known as “Butterfly Wolves.” Children would leave out small treats or trinkets, hoping to catch a glimpse of the elusive creatures. As the technology and power of humans grew, magic was needed less and less. In this new, modern earth, the Fae struggle to guide the footsteps of humans as well as they did in the past. They fade faster and faster and their numbers are dwindling. As one of these Butterfly Wolves, it is your task to continue to spread magic while remaining hidden from the ever-curious humans.
Last edited by Lunar Paradox on Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunar Paradox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Laws of the Fae

Postby Lunar Paradox » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Laws of the Fae

Humans are curious and possess great intelligence, but are also easily corrupted by greed and envy. As such, one must not allow a human to see or capture a member of the Fae.

There must be a balance of order and chaos in the world. Do not disturb this balance.

Each Fae possesses a unique power that is used to guide the world. Do not neglect your duties, lest the balance be broken.

Other Notes

Fae are spiritual beings and thus cannot have offspring. However, they do receive emotions from the emotional circle and are able to fall in love.

They generally stay within their circle, although having friends in other circles is not uncommon.

If there is no longer any use for their magic, they fade away and eventually cease to exist in the mortal plane.

They are technically not invisible, but have a sort of mystical “veil” that makes it harder for the mind to register seeing one. Observant humans can notice them.

Fae are not given names, as they are not born in the normal sense. Some choose to simply go by the title of their power, while others pick separate names for themselves.

Each Fae is weak to one type of substance. This can be a plant, a mineral, something commonly found in human homes, or something bizarre. This substance is known as their vulnerability. Fae cannot enter rooms lined with this substance, and they can be captured in traps created with it. If touched with it, they quickly begin to fade.
Lunar Paradox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Varieties

Postby Lunar Paradox » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:12 pm

Varieties

Fae are divided into several groups, commonly referred to as circles. Most circles have one or two wolves that are considered the heads.

Nature: These are the most common and come in a wide variety. Some examples include weather Fae such as Storm, celestial beings such as Moon, or elements such as Fire or Ice. This group often breaks into smaller circles depending on the needs of the world. The heads are the four seasons.

Emotional: This circle contains all emotions that humans feel. The heads are Love and Hatred. The positive and negative emotions normally do not get along, so it tends to be divided into two smaller groups.

Intellectual: The magic of the mind. This circle includes powers such as Imagination, Reason, Art, Learning, and Music. The heads are Dreams and Nightmares. This circle is somewhat feared because it contains Insanity.

Universal: The most powerful Fae, including Good and Bad Luck, Time, Space, and Sorcery. They require great respect and do not normally associate with the other circles. The heads are Life and Death. This is the most neutral circle, and tends to have neither allies nor enemies.

Modern: Fae that recently came into existence due to changes in the world. These are fairly rare and include Pollution and Technology. They are not trusted by most other circles, although the Intellectual circle tends to accept them more readily. The head is Science.
Lunar Paradox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby Lunar Paradox » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:16 pm

Rules

1) All site rules apply, of course.

2) This roleplay is semi-lit. Please write at least one decent paragraph per character and use proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar. I understand mistakes and writer's block, but please try not to make a habit of it.

3) Please pm me if you have any ideas that could make the RP more interesting! I love hearing suggestions.

4) You may make your own forms. They should include a picture, circle, power, vulnerability, personality, and any other information you find relevant. I want to get a good idea of who your character is as well as see your writing skill. You can make them fancy if you like, but it’s not a requirement. They should be posted only on the forms/discussion thread.

Forms Thread: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=2679280

Thank you very much for taking the time to read these!
Last edited by Lunar Paradox on Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunar Paradox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Postby Lunar Paradox » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Nature: Aurora (Moon)

Emotional: Hatred

Intellectual: Nyx (Dreams) Music

Universal: Finnian (Death)

Modern:
Last edited by Lunar Paradox on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:26 am, edited 7 times in total.
Lunar Paradox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby Lunar Paradox » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:39 pm

Lunar Paradox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fading Lights :: Butterfly Wolf RP :: Semi-Lit :: Accept

Postby Lunar Paradox » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Nyx :: Fae of Dreams :: Intellectual Circle

The darkness of night slowly gave way to the rise of the sun, rosy gold streaks of light tearing their way across the sky. The chill air of night still lingered. It was still too early for most humans to be awake, although a few vehicles could occasionally be seen making their way across town. Nearby, the wind rustled the trees of the lonely forest. The silence was broken only by the calls of birds.

A glowing purple light formed in the shadows, barely visible under a human's window. The light grew in intensity and floated off in the direction of the woods at a leisurely pace. Nyx, the source of the glow, hummed a strange tune as she traversed the maze of trees. Such a successful night. I am quite proud of that last one! His mind was so beautiful, hmm? Landing on a low branch, she peered down at a puddle below her. I do wish they would get rid of those pesky alarm clocks. Such a bother, really. Drifting down to the puddle, she dipped her front paws into the silvery water, her lanterns creaking slightly as they moved. She had gifted quite a few dreams to the humans that night, and she felt she had done well. She would return to the circle soon, but first...a bit of time to herself.
Lunar Paradox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me