Sound of Thunder {Realistic WME roleplay, Now Open!}

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Sound of Thunder {Realistic WME roleplay, Now Open!}

Postby Transkitty » Tue May 20, 2014 1:03 pm

The Sound of Thunder

Being wild is never easy. You are challenged every day by things out of your control. You only care about your survival, the survival of your family. The weak will not last out here.

Out here, nothing is definite

You've watched as the strongest of stallions has been driven away or killed by another stallion. Watched as healthy mares waste away because of some unknown illness. Watched as a pack of wolves tore down member after member of your herd over the years. Watched season after season as the herd dynamics changed. Now, it is your chance to survive against all odds.

Rules
((Credit goes to wibeke for these rules))
- While the goal is to make this as realistic as possible, there are certain things you can just skip over and we can assume happen. No one wants to read an all-too-detailed description of your mare mating or giving birth. A passing mention is fine, but spare us the details, okay?
-Equids will mate and have foals and such, that's fine. Don't be too detailed about it.
- Loners are allowed, however there are some rules. Working together as a herd the equids are struggling, we can assume that any lone equid would be as good as dead. Equids may break away from the main herd for a short time, but a lone equid is not brave or heroic. It's scared and weak.
- This roleplay will follow herd hierarchy. There will be only one mature stallion, all others must be colts. There is no limit on the amount of mares, however the stallion's favorite mare will be head mare.
- An equid who refuses to fight is probably going to be pretty scratched up and injured, and a crippled one would have trouble keeping up with the herd, making you an easy target. Keep this in mind when creating a character. If there's something that affects their ability to function in the wild, they will likely be noticeably weaker and thinner. Actually, they would more than likely be dead, but for the sake of the RP they'll probably just be close to it.
- No Mary-sues. You will not win every fight, always get the girl, get through the whole winter effortlessly, or never get cold. It takes the fun out of it for others, and I wouldn't imagine it's much fun for you either. Faults are what makes the character unique and different, they can even make them more lovable.
- As said before, this is a semi-literate RP. I have the right to reject your form or ask you to edit it. I don't expect a text wall every post, but write as much as you think the scene calls for, and try to at least get a paragraph in. Writer's block is understandable, just don't always use it as an excuse.
-Please wait to be accepted before posting.
- Plot twists are fun, and very much encouraged, but discuss really major ones first. Don't just announce hunters are invading the forest or a rival herd is approaching. We don't want one character entirely taking over, we're working as a herd.
-Use common sense. I'm not going to be annoying and shove a random code word in here, but I suggest you read these or you might end up pretty confused, and I really, really hate having to reject forms.
-Please post all forms on the character thread. http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=2309853#p72533377 All forms posted on this thread will be declined and you will be asked to delete the post.

Form
Code: Select all
[center][img]<Picture of equid here; Required!>[/img]

[color=#0080FF][b]Username:[/b][/color]
[b][color=#0080FF]Name of Equid:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#0080FF]Gender:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#0080FF]Age:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#0080FF]Rank: (Just put none if you are a loner)[/color][/b]
[b][color=#0080FF]Description:[/color][/b] (DETAILED and REQUIRED)
[b][color=#0080FF]Crush:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#0080FF]Mate:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#0080FF]Foals:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#0080FF]Kin:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#0080FF]Other: (Please put a roleplay example here)[/color][/b][/center]

You will notice the form does not have a personality or history slot. This is because I believe a character's personality develops through-out the roleplay, and that asking for a personality on the forms limits roleplaying creativity.

Only the strongest and most intelligent will survive. Will you be one of them?
Last edited by Transkitty on Tue May 20, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sound of Thunder (Realistic WME roleplay, not yet open)

Postby Transkitty » Wed May 21, 2014 2:35 pm

Ranks

The herd:
To begin, we will only have one herd: The Plains Herd.
Band Stallion:
Vic
Lead Mare:
Subordinate Mares:
Foals:
Ariel

Equids outside of the herd:
Bachelor Stallions:
Jekyll (leader of the bachelors)
Castamere
Yuki
Oriano

Lone Mares/Foals:
Lullaby (She travels with the bachelor band)

Last bumped by Transkitty on Wed May 21, 2014 2:35 pm.
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me