{CANINES OF THEDOBA}[semi-lit][open]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Who Should Be the "Evil Forces"?

Evil Canine Pack
31%
Modern Humans/Poachers/Land Developers
23%
Ancient Enemy Kingdom
23%
Mother Nature (Tornado, Hurricane, etc.)
15%
Other (PM to suggest!)
No votes
Ignore this option; it's only there so that I can see the results.
8%

Total votes : 13

{CANINES OF THEDOBA}[semi-lit][open]

Postby VesVes » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:44 pm

It was many years ago, a long time before you or I were born. In fact, it was before our grandparent’s grandparents were born. Quite a long time ago, there stood a land, the most magnificent land in existence. The land included mountains, forests, and prairies, and in it stood a mighty kingdom—The Kingdom of Thedoba. Thedoba was prosperous, and it was famous for its riches, power, wealth, and partners. Partners, you ask? Well, each family in the kingdom had one, if they could afford it. It wasn’t a pet. It was more like a guardian, a spirit that watched over the human families and protected them from danger. And what were these guardians? Canines. Not just your average dog, but wild canines, such as coyotes, foxes, dholes, jackals, African Wild Dogs—you name it. The people, no matter what status they held, revered the animals of the canine family. However, the most revered of all was the wolf. The wolves were special. Loved for their freedom, magnificence, and power, they were considered the royal guards, and only the members of the monarchy had them in their homes. The other canines worshipped the wolves as well, and looked to them as the alphas.
      One day, however, tragedy struck. Thedoba fell, and not even the canines could save it. They were left in the ruins of everything they had. With mournful howls, they reverted back to their pack instinct, living among the ruins and looking after each other, just as they did before. And just as fate would have it, tragedy struck again, this time affecting the canines. A deadly plague swept through the pack, killing off most of their members, including the wolves. Without their leaders, the canines were in turmoil, and eventually disbanded, becoming loners scattered throughout the landscape.
      Many years later, the canines grow uneasy. Something is coming. It is something that has its eyes on them, the only remainders of an ancient kingdom. In order to fend off this evil, they will have to work together. But after so many years of working alone, will they be able to unite again?
      Meanwhile, far away, a small pack of sorts makes its journey towards the ruins of Thedoba. They are the last living members of a lineage—the wolves of Thedoba itself. They are six in number, and they could possibly help to unite the others and defend the land. But would the others remember them?
Last edited by VesVes on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
VesVes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby VesVes » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:05 pm

☄ literacy Okay, this one’s a big one, and I will be enforcing it! This roleplay is semi-lit, meaning at least one decent, six-lined paragraph per post, even with writer’s block. In addition, proper spelling and grammar is a must. Also, please post in third person.
      ☄ tess's rules All CS Rules apply. This includes fading to black during certain scenes, no cussing, no force-breeding, and no spamming.
      ☄ species Your character can be any of the thirty-seven species of wild canines. No extinct or domesticated species will be accepted. Also, try to keep the species even! If you see a lot of wolves or foxes, maybe you can make a jackal or a dingo.
      ☄ characters There are limited characters, so three characters maximum—ONE wolf, and two other species. Don’t whine if you want a wolf and all the spots are taken. As for the characters themselves, don’t make them Mary Sues. No canine is perfect. They miss during hunts, get injured during battles, etc.
      ☄ drama Ask permission! If they all end up in battle or something, I want to be around to make sure it doesn’t interfere with the plot too much. Suggestions are fine. Minor drama (love triangles) is okay, but if you do, don’t try to make it center around your character. None of them will become the center of a civil war within a far away feline kingdom, or anything ridiculous like that.
      ☄ forms This is an important one, too. Make your own! Include realistic pictures (no anime or Disney style). Also include details. I want to see, in some way, shape, or form: name, age, species, gender, personality (no ‘meet me’ or ‘to be rped’), history (no ‘won’t tell’ or ‘can’t remember’), and any other information you see fit. I would like them to be neat, if not pretty.
      ☄ ooc Absolutely no fighting in OOC. When you do talk in OOC, make sure it’s not spam. Also, to differentiate OOC from rp posts, put the OOC in brackets or parenthesis.
      ☄ activity I would like this to be pretty active, yes. If you haven’t posted for five days, I’ll PM you to see what’s up. If you don’t answer that PM in three more days, I’ll have to kick you out.
      ☄ have fun!
Last edited by VesVes on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VesVes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Postby VesVes » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:30 am

wolves
      ғᴇᴍᴀʟᴇs
      -
      -
      -

ᴍᴀʟᴇs
      - Edward/Eddy
      -
      -
other canines
      ғᴇᴍᴀʟᴇs
      - Idiae ~ Black-Backed Jackal
      - Priscilla ~ Ethiopian Wolf
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -

ᴍᴀʟᴇs
      - Faulklin ~ African Wild Dog
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
Last edited by VesVes on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
VesVes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Territory

Postby VesVes » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:05 pm

The Kingdom of Thedoba spans across a large, mighty area, filled with mountains, prairie, forests, and a large lake in the center. The castle is located in the mountains, the villages are located in the mountains and forests, and the farms are located in the prairie.
      The only remnant of the kingdom, besides the canine residents, is the castle. The castle is located near the top of the mountains, where the royals and their wolves can look down on the kingdom below. Today, it is mostly ruins. The marble floors and stonewalls are mostly weathered now, constantly battered by snow, wind, and rain. The only remaining room with three walls and a roof lies towards the back, sitting against the mountain itself. It is an excellent spot for a cold-tolerant mother to raise her pups. Since the castle itself is on a ledge, it usually takes an agile animal to make its way up the ancient, which luckily remained as well. Clearly, during ancient times, the castle was huge and grand, the intricate details on the fallen columns giving everyone an idea of its magnificent splendor.
      Like I mentioned earlier, the castle rests on a ledge in the mountains. However, these mountains are much more than just the castle. The foothills are part of the forest area, and they are covered in pine trees, and the same sort of prey that lives in the forest lives there. As you go farther up the mountains, the forest region turns into alpine. Wildflowers dot the rocky ground, and most frequent prey found there includes bighorn sheep, mountain goat, and various rodents. However, beware of mountain lions! These cunning cats can take down a full-grown wolf and would make short work of something like a fox. If you’re visiting the castle, you’d better make sure that there’s not a cougar hiding in the shadows. However, cougars aren’t the only threat. Birds of prey, such as eagles and condors, can snatch a small pup easily, but are no threat to adults.
      Above the castle is sheer cliff. Very few animals are willing to go there, because of the steep terrain and constant snowstorms. While the lower mountains and forest receive snow in the winter, early spring and late autumn, the higher mountains receive snow almost year-round, except for July and August.
      Meanwhile, as you climb down the mountain, you’ll approach the forest, where most of the common people used to live. It is also where many of the canines choose to make their home. It is a coniferous forest, filled with pines such as ponderosas and even a few sequoias. The conifers are evergreens, meaning they never change with the season. Quite a bit of prey can be found in this region, including many types of deer, moose, and elk. In addition, rodents such as squirrels and mice and many different species of birds can be caught as prey. However, the threats are more diverse as well. Mountain lions and bobcats hang around here, as well as both grizzly and black bears.
      Indeed, the villages used to stand here. However, the only sign of them today can sometimes be dug up as a stray artifact such as a piece of artwork. Most canines don’t bother with these, but it would be a gold mine if an archeologist somehow stumbled into this area, which receives snow during the winter, early spring, and late autumn.
      Meanwhile, the prairie is the last area, located the farthest from the mountains. This is where the poor people and the farmers made a living. It is flat, open ground, similar to the savannahs of Africa. The prey that roams here include bison, pronghorn, elk, prairie dogs, and various rodents. However, there are also bobcats, mountain lions, black and grizzly bears, birds of prey, and the occasional rattlesnake. The farmers used to raise livestock such as cows and sheep, but there are none here as of now. The prairie only receives snow in the winter months.
      Scattered around the area are various ponds and streams, perhaps a small river and waterfall in the lower mountains. However, the most prominent of all water sources is the huge lake that lies on the boundary between the forest and prairie. No matter what season it is, it is never frozen over, and the water is perfect for drinking. In addition, it holds quite a few types of fish perfect for catching and eating.
      The land itself is vast. Beyond it is other landscapes of similar design. But to know when you reach Thedoba, all you have to do is look for the castle on the mountains.
Last edited by VesVes on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VesVes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Weather/Season and Stats

Postby VesVes » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:05 pm

weather / season
    sᴘʀɪɴɢ
      - Snow on the ground in mountains and forests
      - Plenty of prey
      - Typically good weather, with some rain
    stats / announcements
      7/2/13 - This roleplay is officially open!
Last edited by VesVes on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VesVes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

My Characters

Postby VesVes » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Oh my, this one is quite the d a r e d e v i l . She is so s m a l l ; how on Earth does she do it? Well, she may not be the size of a w o l f , but she has the h e a r t and c o u r a g e of a l i o n . . .

"You know, my ancestors have served an ancient kingdom, one of the most prosperous in history. I may be small, but I have the courage and smarts to take you on. So don't even try...somebody might get hurt, and it's not gonna be me!"
~ Idiae

Okay, so this black-backed jackal here is called Idiae. It has no meaning to it; just something that her mother liked. If you haven't noticed, she is female, and she does not tolerate being questioned about her gender. Idiae is three years old, in the middle of her prime. She is spunky and straightforward, as well as firm. Though, when she wants to, she can be sly and deceitful.

In a nutshell wrote:Typical appearance:
Lean, lanky, appears to be starving
Defining traits:
Feisty, spunky, brutally honest, with a small dab of compassion
Flaws:
All of the above, sans compassion
History:
Came from a long line of Thedoba jackals; was born in the kingdom
Crush/Lover:
She's tough to impress
Family:
A mother and three siblings, all dead

♛ Appearance
        ⟶ Type here
    ♛ Personality
        ⟶ Type here
    ♛ History
        ⟶ Type here
    ♛ Family and Love Life
        ⟶ Type here
You may now post!
Last edited by VesVes on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VesVes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {CANINES OF THEDOBA}[semi-lit][open]

Postby The Great ME! » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:43 pm

http://faulklinjoelfoster.weebly.com/up ... 5_orig.png
Essentially this, but obviously lacking the blond-brown hair, feathers, accessories, and exposed ribs, to be more realistic.
Name: Faulklin
Species: African Hunting Dog/Painted Wolf/Cape Hunting Dog
Description: Relatively small, especially for an African Hunting Dog(second largest wild canine species only to the grey wolf), he's about 20 inches at the shoulder(average minimum is 30 inches), and very thin and frail looking. Typical orange, dark-brown/burgundy, and white markings of a Wild Dog, with splashes of red, and light blue eyes - or rather, eye, his right sealed shut and blind, and the left heavily scarred by a severe burn. The fur along his haunches and lower legs are a little longer than is normal for his species, and the outside edge of his ears have a feathering of slightly longer fur than is normal. He has various other scars in places along his body, but most are hidden by his fur and not very visible. Has a dark brown leather collar around his neck, though it's a little tight.
Personality: Aloof, aggressive, abbrasive, stubborn, snappy, difficult to deal with. Hates most others, greatly fears humans or the mention of humans. Almost always fidgety, doesn't seem to know how to relax. Really seems to like and get along with crows for some reason, and not for eating.
History: He doesn't talk about it much, if at all, but he was handled and treated ill by humans for as long as he could remember, only ever knowing and remembering them, and only vaguelly. In short, he was abused and tested on among a few others of his kind, before turning on them and escaping, finding his way the Theoba after a couple of months of running, still fearful of getting captured again and forced to go back. His treatment is the cause of his aggressive and asocial personality, which is not a typical behavior of his species.
((I hope that's an okay history XD))

Still debating whether to make any other characters and who they'll be. More just waiting to see other characters join first at this point.

*Freelance*
*Animator*

Year of the Rooster
Neat, organized, alert, perfectionist, scientific, responsible.
Can be critical, egotistical, rough, opinionated.

When it rains it pours
When the floodgates open
Brace your shores

That pressure don't care when it breaks your doors
Say
"it's all you can take"
Better take some more

Cuz I know what it's like to test faith
Had my shoulders pressed with that weight
Stood up strong in spite of that hate

Night gets darkest right before dawn
What don't kill you makes you more strong
And I been waiting for it so long
~”Light That Never Comes”, Linkin Park
The Great ME!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VesVes » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:14 pm

((Accepted!))
VesVes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arrows » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:03 am

EDWARD

USERNAME:
me <3

NAME:
Edward [Eddy]

SPECIES:
Wolf

PERSONALITY:
Edward is rather laid-back, but knows when he has to be fierce. He knows his way around and is rather charming and sweet. He somewhat goes with the flow usually, but isn't afraid to fight. Eddy has amazing speed and is very clever. This wolf has a lot of blunt force and does what he likes. He mostly has his own set of rules and is very rebellious. As well as being strong and forceful, Eddy is sneaky and sly. He likes to hide in the shadows for safety. Edward is rather secretive and hard to be friends with sometimes, but once you break through, he is fiercely loyal and protective.

HISTORY:
Where to begin, where to begin? Edward was just a pup when he was tossed out to fend for himself. See, he was born in captivity and raised for a couple of months there. And when he did get thrown out? He went cold inside temporarily, only feeling pain and anger. Although he soon came out of his protective shell, he struggled as a pup. A couple times he was on the brink of death in various ways. As he grew, he became more powerful and his size helped. Now, he roams the Thedoba silently.

MATE:
He's open for one!

CRUSH:
He's open for one!

PUPS:
Not yet.

DESCRIPTION:

Edward is a red wolf with handsome golden eyes. He has a simple face and a very short coat. Eddy has a somewhat short tail and is very tall and muscular. This wolf had mostly muscle on himself and is very exquisite. He is obviously a wolf you don't want to get in a fight with, and looks intimidating even when he's completely calm.

Last edited by Arrows on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
by serBronn

isleen
caswallon
my chwr horses

I <3 my horse Indigo
ℓ ι ν є у σ υ η g. ℓ ι ν є ƒ я є є. ℓ ι ν є ƒ є α я ℓ є ѕ ѕ.

My Kiamara, Odysseus. Click the picture to the right to see information & all art for Odysseus!

by Niluna
Arrows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me