.:The Lab:. |Roleplay| semi-lit

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

.:The Lab:. |Roleplay| semi-lit

Postby BaronBlue » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:04 am

|Just like The Lab, the roleplay is currently inactive because i'm swamped in college work. But I am willing to hand it off to someone else if anyone is interested and can properly keep up with it.|

Heyooo~
I assume if you're here you've already been here or here. If you haven't that means you haven't adopted a Lab Dog, which means you have no character to RP with! Follow this link to go to The Lab thread and apply for your own Lab Dog to RP with.
To those who already have a Lab Dog keep reading. ;D
Start
There is a place called The Lab where unwanted pets are mutated into these amazing creatures called Lab Dogs. When The Lab first opened 21 years ago the head scientist was a horrible woman by the name of Eve who often ordered cruel experiments on the animals with little concern for their safety. However, The Lab has been under new management for 6 years and the head scientist is now a kind young man named Red who treats the animals with utmost care.

RULES
1.Tess' rules apply here just like everywhere else.
2. This RP is semi-literate to literate. That means NO one liners, NO chat speak out of ((OOC)) (or at all preferably), fair grammar/punctuation and try to make your character original and interesting. I plan on being fairly strict on this, even if it means not may people get to join.
3. No power-playing or god-modding. This is especially important for those with powers. Powers do not make your Lab Dog a god, it just gives it a little special advantage. If I catch anyone using their powers to god-mod i'll have that Lab Dog removed from the RP.
4. You can have as many characters as you can handle and keep original.
5. Be kind and respectful to other role-players. we're all here to have a good time
6. Love and drama are fine, just don't get to wild cause there are kiddies around. ;D
(note: Hetero, homo and bi characters are all welcome here. If you don't want to RP here because of that i'm sorry, but it is not up for debate.)
7. I and my mini-mods can turn your application down and we will if we don't think you are up to par, nothing personal at all.
8. You must be able to post at least once every few days. If you'll be busy just PM me to let me know.

Story
(Now that the rules are out of the way lets get into the story shall we?)

Four years ago a storm hit the city where The Lab is located and the building was damaged causing a large number of Lab Dogs to get loose during the storm. Many homes were also damaged which resulted in many pet Lab Dogs being let loose as well. The escaped experiments headed to a Wildlife reserve just outside of the city being were perused by humans who were trying to recapture them. Most the the Lab Dogs got away but the group was forced to separate into two and flee in opposite directions. This is how the two packs came to be.
Now, four years later, prey is becoming scarce on the Wildlife reserve and humans have begun to hunt them again, but this time they're not trying to return them to The Lab, they mean to exterminate them. Tensions are high and the packs have begun to fight one another for territory and food. Some Lab Dogs try to remain peaceful but it is possible one pack may have to die for the other to live, and neither are willing to go down without a fight. Will the Lab Dogs survive these hard times or will they wipe themselves out?

Setting
The role-play is set in a wildlife reserve mostly made up of pine forest, but there is a large field of grass near the center of the reserve where the territories meet. A stream runs through the East part of the forest and through the field to a crystal clear pond on the West side of the field. The West Pack Lab dogs visit the pond since it is so close to their territory but the East Lab Dogs usually do not, as they would have to pass into West Pack territory.
To the South of the field there are miles of a rather foggy, heavily forested swampy area that the Lab Dogs usually travel around but never into due to the low visibility, the rancid muck and the extremely dangerous animals.
There are fences marking the perimeter of the wildlife reserve, outside of that fence there are miles and miles of farmland and the city they escaped from.
Heres a very terrible and vauge map for you --> map
(the yellow is sun flowers :3)
Season
-Fall-

About Lab Dogs
>>Lab dogs are very large wolfish creatures, roughly the size of a lion, but there are some larger and some smaller.
>>They are carnivores with very sharp teeth and retractable claws to capture their prey (except the ones with hooves) but it is possible for some to live on a diet primarily of berries or fruits, though the occasional meats are still necessary.
>>They are very fast and powerful creatures, but there are still many dangers on the reserve.
>>They have very long life spans, most outlive their owners. They age about the same as dogs until around the adolescent/young adult stage (different for some Lab Dogs), at which point the aging process slows down.
>>There have been reports of Lab Dogs with strange powers. (You can buy powers from the main thread)
>>Most Lab Dogs were mutated very early in their life so they do not remember a time before being mutated, but some were mutated later in life and vividly remember what it was like to be a normal dog/wolf.
>>Majority of Lab Dogs posses the ability to take on a human form, but many either do not know of this ability or see it as completely useless therefor never use it.
Last edited by BaronBlue on Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:12 am, edited 39 times in total.
BaronBlue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: .:The Lab:. |Roleplay| semi-lit/lit

Postby BaronBlue » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:04 am

Form
I expect detailed personalities and histories; I mean 5+ sentences, I won't accept a form that just lists off a bunch of words as a personality. Yes, you can just copy and paste from your original form if you think its good enough. ;D
---
Ages: Lab Dogs age differently than normal dogs or humans, the older they get the slower they age so we'll use general terms based on physical age instead of exact numbers.
Pup
Teen
Adolescent
Young Adult
Adult
Experienced Adult
Elder
--

Code: Select all
-picture-
Username:
Lab Dog name:
Which pack?:
Pet or from the Lab:
History:
Have you read everything in the first post?:
RP example paragraph:
Other:

-Pet or from the Lab-
You have a choice whether your character was still in The Lab or if it had a home when the storm hit and it got loose. It could have been swept away by wind or water or it could have purposely ran away from home (or The Lab).
-Rank-
Try to tell me a bit about why your Lab Dog should have this rank.
-History-
If your character had a home, tell about what its life was like with its owner. Did the owner pamper it or abuse it? Did it live in a home with a lot of kids? Was it's owner a mob boss? Be creative.
-RP example paragraph-
Simple, write a paragraph of you Lab Dog doing something (5+ sentences). It can be whatever you like but this is very important in deciding whether you get accepted so do your best. You only have to do one, but you can do one for each of your Lab Dogs if you want to.
Last edited by BaronBlue on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 24 times in total.
BaronBlue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: .:The Lab:. |Roleplay| semi-lit/lit

Postby BaronBlue » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:05 am

Ranks

Alphas- There are two Alphas in each pack, one usually specializes in fighting and the other in hunting . Only Lab Dogs who show superior physical prowess and advanced intelligence become leaders. They are the best of the best, the most powerful in a pack. (Usually male)
Betas- This is considered the rank below Alphas, but Betas are no less worthy of respect. They are usually the mates of the Alphas, but may also be a close trusted friend or simply someone particularly powerful/intelligent.
Fight Masters-These are the strongest and most experienced fighters, they are in charge of ordering and training the Warriors.
Warriors- These are the Lab Dogs who specialize in fighting, whether it be wild animals or other Lab Dogs. They train under the Fight Masters.
Hunt Masters- These are the most skilled and experienced hunters, it is their duty to order and train the Hunters.
Hunters- The are the Lab Dogs who specialize in hunting, tracking, chasing and quick executions of prey animals are what they're trained good at. They train under the Hunt Masters.
Scouts- These Lab Dogs are the ones in charge of scoping out the territory, spotting possible threats ahead of time and even spying on occasion. Scouts tend to be the smallest of the pack, but also the fastest and most nimble.
Healers- These Lab Dogs specialize in herbs and healing techniques.
Rouges- These Lab Dogs do not belong to either pack, they prefer to live on their own or have formed small groups. Because they do not belong to either pack they are usually treated with hostility by both.

~Western Pack~
Alpha: (limit 2)
Red- Male/Young Adult
Beta: (limit: 2, to be chosen by Alphas)

Hunt Master: (limit 1)

Hunter: (no limit)

Fight Master: (limit 1)

Warrior: (no limit)

Scout: (limit 3)
Aries- Male/Young Adult
Hotaru- Male/Young Adult
Tralio- Male/Adolescent
Healer: (limit 1)
Rosalind- Female/Young Adult

~Eastern Pack~
Alpha: (limit 2)
Tut- Male/Young Adult
Beta: (limit: 2, to be chosen by Alphas)

Hunt Master: (limit 1)

Hunter: (no limit)

Fight Master: (limit 1)
Heine- Male/Young Adult
Warrior: (no limit)

Scout: (limit 3)
Bitter Sweet- Female/Young Adult
Sandy- Female/Pup
Healer: (limit 1)

~Rouges~
Aaro-Male/Young Adult
Last edited by BaronBlue on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:04 am, edited 17 times in total.
BaronBlue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: .:The Lab:. |Roleplay| semi-lit

Postby BaronBlue » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:27 am

FAQ
Can I put all my forms in one post?
Yes, and if you add more just edit them into that post and let me know you made a new form.
BaronBlue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BaronBlue » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:32 am

>>Barons' Lab Dogs
Username:
BaronBlue
Lab Dog name:
Red Lucius
Which pack?:
West
Alpha
Personality:
WIP
Red is known for being very calm and collect at all times, never losing his head no matter how dire the situation may get. Although he is not very big or particularly powerful looking just his presence tends to give a serene, safe feeling, even in frightening situations. Due to his calm and thoughtful nature he seems very strict and mature at first glance, but in reality he is very lax and playful, childish even, just not extremely so. He is also very reserved and quiet, but do not mistake these traits for shyness, because although he doesn't talk much he is very open with his thoughts when he does, regardless of how inappropriate or awkward those thoughts may be.
Pet or from the Lab:
The Lab
History:
WIP
Red was the Head Scientist at The Lab, the same place he was created, but by who no one knows exactly. He was given to a farmer as a puppy and lived the first years of his life there until he wandered off into the city and was picked up to be brought to The Lab. The next years of his life were spent being experimented on in the darkest recesses of The Lab until he was successfully able to take on human form, at which point he was put to work in the lab mutating the dogs. He did not agree with the way Eve treated the animals or the extreme experiments she preformed on them but she payed him no mind when he confronted her about it. Every day he was forced stand idly by and allow her to mistreat the subjects; all he could do was care for them after she was done, and he did his best to make them happy even if they were aggressive or unresponsive. Once Eve left and he became Head Scientist he stopped the cruel experiments and had a pens built for them so they wouldn't have to stay in the cramped cages.
When the storm hit he escaped with the other Lab Dogs to the wildlife reserve. The Lab Dogs distrusted him at first, believing he was going to lead the humans to them, but he eventually earned their trust and proved he was a very powerful ally. His level head, charisma and fighting skill earned him the rank of Alpha despite his young age.

I made the first post. >D
RP example paragraph:
WIP
Art:
Click
Other:

Username:
BaronBlue
Lab Dog name:
Heine Lucius
Which pack?:
Eastern
Fight Master
Personality:
Despite his wild, aggressive and highly unpredictable nature Heine is not mean, in fact hes actually quite lighthearted and aloof; he'll even crack jokes on occasion. However, his words and actions are hollow, simply devoid of true feelings because he mentally and emotionally distances himself from everyone. His time with Eve wiped fear from his mind completely but he is still very intelligent and reasonable; however once he starts fighting his reasoning can become clouded if not completely discarded. He is not one to pick fights but he is very quick to use violence instead of words. Though he is powerful and has a fairly threatening appearance, what is truly frightening about him is that he easily looses control of himself in the heat of battle and will become savage and brutal. Because of his unpredictable beastly behavior most avoid him believing he is a true monster and may suddenly turn on them without reason. Most cannot see past the 'monster', especially once they've witnessed him fighting, and he shuts out those who approach him in a friendly matter.
Despite all of these things he truly is a very good dog at heart, but he has hidden his true self so deep inside and he is so consumed by the wild beast that Eve turned him into that even he is unaware of it.

Pet or from the Lab:
Originally from The Lab, but he escaped a few months before the storm.

History:
Eve bought him from the farmer that owned him when he was still young because he was the strongest of the pups and she was particularly fond of his aggressive nature. She started experiments on him shortly after in an attempt to make him more powerful and aggressive, which she succeeded in doing. However, she also wanted him to be blindly loyal to her but he refused to accept her as his master and instead developed a deep hatred towards her. One day she reintroduced him to his brother Red, but instead of a happy family reunion she forced Red to assist her in experimenting in Heine hoping that she may be able to mentally break him this way.
Unfortunately for her Heine was too intelligent to be fooled and too stubborn to be broken leaving her no choice but to give up on taming him. He even refused to accept his brother because he felt Red had betrayed him and the rest of the Lab Dogs by helping Eve with her experiments and no amount of explaining or apologizing would change that. By this point he was far to dangerous and aggressive to ever find a home. He was a wild, raging beast that attacked everyone and everything in a blind rage regardless of their intentions, including his brother, so he was locked away in a secure holding cell until they could figure out what to do with him. However, shortly after he was locked away the door to his cell was 'accidentally' left open and he escaped from The Lab to live in the wildlife reserve.

-
RP example paragraph:
Wip
Other: He's lean like Red but a bit larger. He heals very quickly and can survive a lot of injuries that would kill others but he is not at all invincible, it simply takes very severe wounds to kill him before he can heal.
Last edited by BaronBlue on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 18 times in total.
BaronBlue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Blackberry* » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Username: *Blackberry*

Lab Dog name: Fluffy (Full name is Fluffy de Von)
Which pack?: east pack( the only one I see)
Personality: Personality: Don't trust her looks, she is a "devil in disguise. She has a fiery temper, and is very impatient, she hates having to do things other want her to do. She likes being innocent at times, she is perfect atacting the angel. She is 100% cool, and 0% boo.
Pet or from the Lab:

History: Fluffy was brought to the lab, and transformed into a lab dog. She had waited for quite a while, for forms to be written for her, but it was only for her friends! She growled angrily, then suddenly the second form came for her, she look at Baron, he was reading it carefully, and then called someone forward. She lept off her cushion grinning, Baron handed over her lead to Blackberry, she brought her home, to settle down happily.

Have you read everything in the first post?: YES your highness or king

RP example paragraph:
The thunder flashed, Fluffy ran on and on. She looked back, and hoped that she would be able to go home after the storm. " sorry.. " she thought, and dashed into the trees. As soon as the storm was over, it started to have a strong wind, she took each step carefully, the wind blew back her ears, and her tail flown behind her, " shelter..! " she said, but she shook her head, she must go back home! Her eyes hurt, from the wind, she took and step, and suddenly she tripped over a rock, she stood up trembling, she started running, not caring a thing, she must be back home before evening. Recalling back when she was at home,

" Blackberry said, " Be back before evening alright Fluffy? " Fluffy nod her head, " I promise! " she said. " Take care! " her owner called out as Fluffy ran out. "

Fluffy sighed, tears filling up her eyes. She will never reach back home, " Mistress! Where are you?! " she shouted...
Other:
Update: July 31st 2016
I will be really busy until after october or something due to studies. I will be trying to catch up on the adoptables I work in. Please shoot me a PM if you want to enquire whether I want to keep my adoptables before deciding to give them away.
*Blackberry*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starmz ♥ » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:56 am

Username:
Starmz ♥
Lab Dog name:
Rosalind
Which pack?:
West
Healer, hopefully
Personality:
-is lazy-
❋ Mature
Although she might look bubbly and sweet considering her peachy-pink appearance,
she is in fact rather responsible than immature, and considers herself above such
'silly things' like rolling in the dirt or barking at invisible things and such.

❋ Nurturing
Something she's very good at is caring for something. Why?
Simple! She has quite the motherly side to her, even if she can often act distant,
cold or stingy. Her soft spot are 'cute' things, though fortunately for some,
Rose doesn't 'slobber' all over aforementioned adorable things.

❋ Old-fashioned
She admires chivalry, gentledogs and all that sort of things.
In fact, her mother was what one could call a Southern Belle,
and Rose learned her manners well from her very sweet,
very independent and very dignified mother.
However, her manners may be slightly more regal and proud
than one might expect.

❋ Diplomatic
Woot, Rose really knows how to turn up the charm when she needs to!
Although she doesn't often get involved in the affairs of others,
if she is required to step in by her moral code or such,
then she'll do so without any hassle or complaint and attempt to solve it quickly.
Wily yet pretty, she is quite the deadly combination.

❋ Introverted
Her mother was the social butterfly, her brother the party animal,
her father the serious one and her grandmother the slightly-crazy-insane-batty one.
She? Why, Rose is the studious one! It's not that she doesn't have friends or is a loner
(she has a close group of besties, thank you very much), it's simply that she has a ...
well, energy quota of sorts. Think of every social interaction as draining a bit of this quota,
and larger, more extravagant actions draining more and more of the quota (reasonable right?).
Sometimes Rose has to slip away to 'recharge her batteries', just to make sure this quota of hers
fills right back up, and then she can rejoin the party inconspicuously, having tons of fun with others once more.

❋ Dreamy
She wants to be swept off her paws, and hopes, foolishly she believes,
to have a prince to come home to someday. It's not like she expects an epic fantasy tale come true of any sort,
she simply wants somebody to love and treasure for the rest of her days, romantically.
(However she is also fiercely independent and a feminist, so she pretends that it doesn't bother her
when she sees her friends courting others. Not to mention she also manages just fine by herself!)
Pet or from the Lab:
Pet ouo
History:
wip
Of course! Who do you take me for? ;D
RP example paragraph:
wip
Other:
I would include Akari, but unfortunately I haven't thought up of a suitable persona for her yet ;~; I will, though! So watch out for edits ;D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Starmz ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PantheraUncia » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:53 am

Username: |Leopard303|
Lab Dog name: Amethyst
Which pack?: East
Age: (pup, teen, young adult, experienced adult) Experienced Adult
Personality:
Amethyst is a girl who is a perfectionist. This means she is either practices alot to become good at something, or feels like she has let herself down when she doesn't do something the way it should have been done. She is nearly always out hunting to refine her skills. She hopes one day to prove herself as Hunt Master.
Pet or from the Lab: Pet
History:
Amethyst was a beautiful white dog before Eve caught her. Eve gave her the ability to self heal, so she got the most horrid experiments on her. She was strong enough to survive when Red came. He nurtured her back to health.
Have you read everything in the first post?: Yep
RP example paragraph:
Amethyst was gaining ground. Her purple spirals glowed as she healed every gunshot. She felt her energy fade, and spots appear in her vision. She shook them off. "I wont give up!" She growled in her head. Her body coursed with raw energy, and her mind dismissed the pain. She reached inside the gates, and heard as the rest of the dogs barked. As she smiled with achievement, she fainted on the ground.
Other: Thanks!

Username: |Leopard303|
Lab Dog name: Evergreen
Which pack?: West
Age: (pup, teen, young adult, experienced adult) Young adult
Personality:
Evergreen is a sarcastic girl. She makes sure that people know when she is mad, and when she's not. When she's not mad, which is a rare occurance, she is a king soul. She's sort of like Ixchel, the Mayan god who's attitude changes with the moon.
Pet or from the Lab: From the Lab
History:
Evergreen doesn't remember a time before being a Lab Dog because there isn't. She was brought up as a embryo. Evergreen was pulled from the Lab by the storm, and she never really wanted to go.
Have you read everything in the first post?: Yep
RP example paragraph:
The sun was going down, and Evergreen sat down. The cold winter breeze had begun. It weaved through her pelt, and soothed her angry soul. It felt like heaven, but it never lasted. Evergreen picked herself up and shook her dust collected fur. She looked one last time at the serene landscape. She missed the View from her cage at the Lab. The twinkling lights of the city, the buzz of cars racing by. Her eyes began to water, and she blinked them away. Without a sound, she slipped away.
Other: Thanks
Last edited by PantheraUncia on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have moved accounts. Please contact me at snowleopard303.
PantheraUncia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alphanea » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:09 am

Username:
Wicked Wonderland