lock please

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: of the night ✰ open, lots of ranks

Postby ghostface. » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:33 pm

k o d i a k
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
three years old
male
prospect peak pack: scout
tag: areto, quinn
do i wanna know?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      Kodiak's gaze was expressionless, though her inquiry turned it hard. He shifted, flicking his tail and curling his lips in disdain, offering a low, muffled growl. His eyes lit up--the fire that had engulfed her, having done much the same to him–-his anger burned deep inside him, the hurt, the softness only a distant repercussion of his inability to accept his loss. He stood, his bones seeming to creak but his body still symptomatic of his strength and build. Standing over her, his muscles tensed, each slight movement obvious through his thinned skin. He stepped forward, his claws raking at the ground, his pads pounding into the snow so that a flurry swept across the surface of his paws before laying to rest once again, the prints that lay behind him indicative of his seemingly massive paws. His eyes had broken from hers in his abruptness. A low growl resonated within the depths of him--he struggled to find his words, having not spoken in a long while, but with great force, his husky voice declared, "You want to help me? You? What could you possibly do for me? Bring her back from the dead with your herbs and useless practice? You can cure death?" He glowered, "You can't fix me. You'd have to kill me to offer me any semblance of peace."

This was not Kodiak, and when his eyes fell upon hers once more, they softened, as did he--his shoulders fell, and he somehow seemed smaller all at once. His voice tender and gentle, "You can't fix me," he offered, pressing his cheek to hers for but a moment before drifting again. He knew she only had the best intentions as was the common thread amongst those who had sought out helping him. He'd never been the one who needed to be protected or cared for though, Avian had always been the fragile bird with the spirit of a phoenix who needed to be looked after. Perhaps there was something fulfilling about her being swept away by the flames so she could be born again.
ghostface.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prophet » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:27 am

Quincy//Quinn
-Healer
-Location//Camp
-Mood//Tense
-Tags//Kodiak, Areto
The fragile frame of Kodiak's broken body seemed to gather power, he became tense and rigid, and an intimidating presence. The sudden hostility emanating from him made Quinn rear onto her hind legs for a moment, and lower slightly, ears flicking and pressing onto her head. The air was still with enmity. Every word pierced Quinn's chest, the magnitude of his grief was overwhelming, to the point that it seized the air in her chest. She listened pensively, focused on the brute. At first, her eyes narrowed into a sharp glare, Did he just insult me? She thought quickly, however, within a few moments her scowl softened to a look of sympathy, deep eyes affixed on Kodiak. The mood changed, Kodiak seemed to deflate. She mulled his words over in her head for what seemed like an eternity, calculating, formulating a response that hopefully wouldn't escalate the situation again. The caress of his cheek against hers came as a surprise, but she did not recoil. You can't fix me swirled incessantly in her head. Her eyes averted from him, "I know I can't fix you." She began, rotating to scan him, "And I can't bring her back. But I don't think she could tolerate seeing you suffer and waste away like this - Avian would want you to thrive. " She released a soft sigh, "I know I might not be able to solve your problem, but I can at least try." The shewolf slunk over to the brute, her tail curled under her, and her head dipped slightly. Quinn appeared vulnerable, purposefully, hoping Kodiak would not be put off by her proposition.
Prophet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostface. » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:46 pm

k o d i a k
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
three years old
male
prospect peak pack: scout
tag: areto, quinn
do i wanna know?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      Kodiak stood silently for what seemed to be a long while. When her words met his ears, he couldn't help but sneer, her genuine intentions escaping his mind almost as quickly as they'd resonated. He beckoned her, "Because you know better what she'd have wanted than I? I'm supposed to willingly overcome the fact that she was ripped from me and carry on believing all is well because she wouldn't have wanted me in this way?" The fire in his eyes grew, the flames curling, sparks of fiery orange casting themselves in his gaze. At first, she'd reminded him of Avian in some obscure way, though it seemed Areto resembled a closer similarity to Avian. The way Quinn spoke and held herself was not willful--granted Kodiak acknowledged that he hadn't been particularly warm or friendly towards her, but he knew that Avian would have put up a fight and not let him get away with being so thick-headed. But he was alone and she would never return to him, at least not in the ways he'd like. His nose twitched and his ears flicked as she tumbled through her words much like he'd been doing in the months since Avi's death. Kodiak latched on to her last word, hanging on so as not to fall into the abyss not far below him, though he couldn't help the vexation it incurred within him. He faltered, "try," he repeated, "you'd like to try to fix me? To resolve my "problem"? To ease me of the aching so that I may not one day be swept away too? Try? What could you possibly do for me? And for that matter, what could anyone possibly do for me?" The snow crunched beneath his weight as he stood unmoving before her. His paws flexing so that the white flakes turned over his onyx, blackened paws. He looked ashy, like he'd been in the fire, and maybe part of him had been left back there, in it, and part of it came with what remained of him.

Perhaps Kodiak was gone, and whoever this was...this was him now. The only trouble was living with it, and the problem he seemed to constantly be confronted with was his refusal to live with it. He didn't want anyone, the thought of having anyone, especially someone to love as he did Avian never crossed his mind, and he certainly didn't want to fill that void with someone who could never measure up to the one he should have spent the rest of his days with. Kodiak hesitated, an itch making its' way up his throat, urging him to say something else. He'd always been kind, gentle, understanding. Perhaps slightly insecure, used to being held in a lowly position, but nonetheless willful, powerful. The kind of ruthlessness he seemed to take on in his interactions was indicative of someone else in its' entirety, and he knew he was losing himself if he hadn't been lost entirely already. But he remained still and quiet much like their surroundings, the snow plastered to the ground, the air unmoving, trees barren and what few creeks there were were frozen over for the most part. The majority of animals had hidden themselves for the remainder of the cold, and how he wished he could do much the same. Kodiak was stiff, frozen in time.
ghostface.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prophet » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:53 pm

Quincy//Quinn
-Healer
-Location//Camp
-Mood//Tense
-Tags//Kodiak, Areto
"No!" ejected the increasingly concerned shewolf, her head tilting as she fixated on Kodiak; ocherous eyes glossed with emotion and focus. He was beginning to seem incorrigible, committed to his grief. She tore away, collecting herself, scorning the thought that he was at fault for these natural feelings of loss and longing. She seemed to only just realize the snow underfoot, suddenly feeling incredibly cold, her paw pads tingling with the frost. The chilled breeze rustled her patchy pelt and sent wisps of orange and cream fur into the wind. After a few moments of consolidating she returned to meet Kodiak's unmoving shell, unsure if her efforts were aiding or aggravating the situation. With a final deep exhalation she began, "While I cannot begin to understand the kind of tremendous loss you have suffered, I can do my best to lend an ear and be a friend. You cannot forget this pain, this anguish, and no one expects you to. But that doesn't mean you need to waste away...Letting yourself succumb to the misery of Avians loss will not bring her back, and I think you know that." When Quinn lost her parents she had a different reaction, she felt like it was an experience that one must endure to come of age, but what her pack mate had undergone was far more traumatizing - to lose the one you chose and loved, she wanted so badly to say she understood and could affirm it would be okay. "Avian didn't deserve what happened to her, but you don't deserve to endure this agony alone. No one can replace her, but you have a whole pack who wants to see the real Kodiak again... If not me, then please, just let someone share the burden with you." Quinn's voice was clear and commiserating, but not without confidence. As her words danced into the air they seemed to be caught by the breeze and carried away, but the hope that at least some of them resonated with the brute remained. She looked away, exhausted, and sat into the trampled snow beneath her.
Prophet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostface. » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:41 pm

K O D I A K
      ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬
        the downtrodden ; male ; scout ; prospect peak ; tagged:areto, quinn ; love life:none
      Kodiak's unmoving gaze bore into her's. He paused, marginally taken aback by her behavior. He chuffed, his fur ruffling as he shook himself momentarily, stretching his tense muscles, his tendons flexing rigidly beneath his coat. His hackles raised slightly, the fur on his back lining up so that each stood on end before he muttered, "You're soft.". He yawned, not particularly inclined in any sort of way, though his comment wasn't intended for complimentary purposes. He stopped, adding, "And I don't need a friend. And what kind of response would be appropriate for watching your entire world burn right in front of you?" he asked in a painstakingly detached way. But she didn't stop, and he twitched, her words beginning to agitate him without cause. "I suppose you can speak for everyone? You clearly know best," he goaded, his eyes vacant, devoid of any semblance of his presence, "Share the burden...," he repeated, "Unless someone else has watched the love of their life turn to ash, no one could possibly conceptualize or understand what I've endured." He'd never felt this kind of rage well up inside him. Last he'd experienced any semblance of something similar to it, it had been when Avian had been so cross with Kauri that she'd gone off into the depths of the words during one of the worst storms they'd withstood.

And suddenly he was back again. And like that which now plagued him, silence had long remained among Kodiak. It was dark, and despite his desperate necessity to escape his unconscious state, it was to no avail. He had slept quietly, dreamless. He slept, unknowing of what transpired between Avian and Kauri, supposing they too slept. A flicker of light and he was sure he was waking, though rather than that, he returned to his dreams, however this particular dream was not of Avian and their pups, rather of Kauri and Avian. Kodiak had thought it odd that he would be dreaming of them both as he was sure Kauri had not told anyone of the blood they shared, and he was certain he hadn't said a word to Avian or anyone for that matter. Kauri had stood alone in the wood, the cold overcoming her as the snow pelted her, whipping at her. Avian on the other hand desperately searching for her as the snow buried her, the cold enveloping her as well. No other wolf was anywhere to be seen, not even Kodiak. He whimpered in his slumber, no longer inviting this dream. Avian and Kauri both disappeared, the snow covering them in mounds. It was then he jolted awake, his ears scrupulously listening to his surroundings as he heard Avian's faint but soft and tender voice. His breath in heavily as he inadvertently, abruptly coughed, breaking the silence that had long remained; the air was still, frigid as white flakes of snow continued to fall from the ever so greying sky. The sun peeked momentarily from behind them, though was quickly covered after a few rays only briefly warmed his pelt. He groaned, heaving himself up so that he lay upright, his pelt brushing against Avian's as it usually had. His warm amber eyes glimmered as his gaze met her's, his stomach fluttering. He focused, carefully examining her as his ears swiveled, his voice cool, "What is it Avian?" He shook his maw vigorously as words spilled out of her mouth, tilting his head slightly in his efforts to clarify if what he had heard had actually been what she'd said "Kauri ran off? The leader of the pack ran off?" He paused briefly as he collected his thoughts before suddenly blurting out, "Wait.. how did you upset her? What happened?" Kodiak glanced about him, his heart racing, his worry over Kauri making him uncomfortably restless. Why would Kauri run away... Why would she leave the pack at this time? More importantly, why would she run off and put herself in danger? The questions repeated themselves in his mind as he searched for answers, alas finding none. His thoughts seemingly dissipated as a gust of wind blew into the den, pelting both he and Avian with frigid, white flurries. Some time had passed before Avian spoke again; he touched his nose gently to her's, his cheek brushing against hers as he pulled away, his tender gaze meeting her's for a long while "Avian, you know I'd love to run off with you and begin our own family, though I should hope you know this is no time to do such a thing. Of course I'd like to, but we both know we as well as the rest of the pack must find Kauri, regardless if she is to step down. Yes, I know, I can see it in your eyes." With that, he steadily rose to his paws, his body shaking slightly, his weight shifting equally as he nosed Avian. "You are to stay here. I do not want you out in this cold seeing as your pelt will be of no use when it's frozen solid. Stay with the pack; I will find Kauri." Sensing that Avian would most likely refuse, he said more sternly "And that is final." With that, he exited the den, swiftly padding off into the forest.

Kodiak roused, his eyes glossy, suddenly more broken than he had been, or had felt in a long while. He nosed the white sheet of snow beneath him, reaching out as the memory--as Avian faded. She'd just been here, and now she wasn't, she'd just been within his reach, and now she wasn't. She'd just been standing beside him, and now she was his past. She'd trekked into the wood that night, into the cold, even in spite of him.
ghostface.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feyre.archeron » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:50 am

The sun danced across the snow covered ground, shadows flickering across the sparkling white. Birds had started their morning song, their feathers fluffing to keep the warmth in. Prey was skittering across the ground as they began to reappear, the cold winter coming to an end yet still ever present in the forest. A hare sat, ears twitching, eyes flickering to and fro yet he was much too focused on food to be alerted to any sort of danger. Deep in the underbrush, deep blue eyes lit fire to the shadows, staring intently at the hare, his ears flickering. The wind was cast upwards, carrying the creatures scent away from the clueless hair.

Muscles flexed, twitched, and coiled, joints popped and snapped, fur swayed slightly in the breeze and ears twisted and flickered to every slight sound as the massive white creature stalked forward. A wolf, her pelt as white as snow, eyes as blue as the hottest of flames. Her maw parted, allowing the thick smell of saliva trickle from her maw. The hare was non the wiser to the soft, white she wolf, her ears still swiveling to and fro. At last she made a step forward, snow creaked lightly under her paws but the hare did not stir. Instead, it dropped its head to nibble on same dried leaves appearing in the underbrush.

She salivated at the thought of the creature limp between her jaws, and once she moved forward, she could no longer hold herself back. She left forward with eagerness and hunger kept her eyes focused. The next movements were far too quick for any wolf to see. She managed to coil her muscles and push off with quick, hard movements. The hare finally caught scent, its head crooking upwards momentarily, pupils dilating as it recognized the large shape as a predator. It turned to run, its soft paws pressing firmly into the ground, but the she-wolf’s paw snagged at the soft pelt first. Her claws sank into the soft, tender skin and ripped at flesh. Red soaked the white powder that covered the earth and a squeal drowned out the silence. Birds paused mid-song, beady eyes turned to watch the chaos, small critters scurried back into their dens out of fear, peaking out from their tiny holes, and even the branches stopped swaying.

The meal was satisfying enough, she supposed. With ease, she licked her maw, her tail curling to the side as her amber eyes turned towards the scent of other wolves. She crept forward with ease. Her ears swiveled, attempting to catch whatever sounds she could but only hushed voices far off in the distance seemed to dance across her eardrums.

(will pretty this up later)
feyre.archeron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:29 am

━━━[ℳ𝒆𝓻𝓬𝔂]━━
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      Form;; X| Pups;; X | Gender;; female | Rank;; pup watcher | Scent;; winter | Words;; 392| Tagged;; bye!|
      xxxxx"You sound like you know all about apprenticing youngsters, maybe that's something you should help him with" Mercy spoke with a calm and inquiring tone. She moved on her feet soft eyes gazing over Saxon's form. She shifted on her feet looking away as if something had called her, "I have to go" she whispered, calling to her pups she gazed backwards towards Bear, "See that he gets the training he needs" she called. It sounded almost like a farewell and without another moments hindrance she was gone out the entrance of the camp and never to be seen again. Walking by her side were her charge, cautious and scared of what was going on. They seemed to know that something off was going on but never protested, curious to be going outside for the first time.

Note;; <3 it was fun but... >>
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prophet » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:41 am

Quincy//Quinn
-Healer
-Location//Camp
-Mood//Tense
-Tags//Kodiak, Areto
Quinn pushed out a sigh, she was dripping with disbelief and doubt. She could not comprehend how somebody could be against salvation so passionately, however, she could not help but also admire that passion and love. He was right, as far as she knew no one had lost a loved one in a similar way, so they could not claim to understand how he felt. While she had made a point to emphasize she did not understand, it was obvious his agonizing torment was escalating this situation. Perhaps this was a poor choice. She thought, as it did not seem like this brute would be willing to come to a resolution, at least not right now. His indignation was beginning to exhaust her, as there was no possible clear end to this encounter, well, not an end she was satisfied with. Dragging out this diatribe was not the solution, it would only escalate him more. "Kodiak... I'm sorry Avian was taken from you. " She looked down, allowing a pause between her thoughts, "I just want you to know, I'm here if you want to talk about it." While her voice was shaken with apprehension, the sincerity was not lost. She had never meant to amplify his dread, but it seemed like offering help had only made him worse. At least he's speaking again. She thought, feeling beaten. Reluctantly, she turned away from the distraught male, and began to walk away. Her paws moved slowly and weakly, her heart aching for her packmate.
Prophet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

vixen [three]

Postby versemi » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:01 pm

☾ ━ ━━ v i x e n
        i. female ii. alpha female iii. 5 years iv. pack camp v. tags; quinn, kodiak, open
        ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Before the fae knew it, the sun was slipping away into darkness. During the early spring, the days were ever so slightly getting longer. Vixen carefully padded across the ground, making her way to the center of the camp to let out a strong howl. Her ears perked up towards a fellow pack member, a fellow fae. Behind this fae was a strong brute. The fae was noticeably sulking, and Vixen felt an overwhelming urge to ask the wolf what was wrong. She may not want to be spoken to... I should just leave her be, she thought to herself.

As the wind rippled through her fur, she turned the other way to head back to the center. When she got there, she let out a howl that echoed through the trees to let everyone in the forest know that it was about time to be heading back. Her biggest fear was losing a fellow pack-mate to the wilderness.

"I hope everyone makes it back."
versemi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostface. » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:59 pm

K O D I A K
      ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬
        the downtrodden ; male ; scout ; prospect peak ; tagged:areto, quinn ; love life:potentially quinn or areto
      Kodiak stood still, staring as she recoiled from his words. A slight frown took form as she conceded, though as she turned to walk away, his vision seemed to blur and the lines from his past and present crossed one another. He saw Avian walking away. He paced forward, nearly mid-gallop as his muscles stretched themselves so that he could make it to her before she fell away from him again. Golden amber eyes wide as he just about trampled her in his efforts to reach her. He panted, begging, "Avian, please don't go...," what little life there seemed to be in him all at once began to drain from him as he continued pleading, "I can't lose you--I can't let you go. I can't do this. Don't leave me. You are everything." Kodiak reached for her, hoping that he may just keep her for a little longer, stretching out his neck so that his nose touched her's, the wind suddenly whipping, running its' fingers through his fur, combing out whatever knots it had previously made. His gaze was warm, a loose smile creeping onto his maw, his voice tender as he eased. Then all at once she disappeared before him, replaced by the figure of Quinn.
ghostface.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me