⟦⊙⟧ Across the Water - open & accepting!

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

⟦ two ⟧ - ripplefang and lightpaw

Postby SilentMelody » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:10 pm

𝐑𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐠
male ★ 33 moons ★ bi. ★ rainclan warrior ★ crush: - ★ tags: stormbriar
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At the river, there was less fog and the sky was more partly cloudy than anything. There also didn't seem to be any Sunclan cats appearing either, and the water was still below him. Staring into the water, Ripplefang had his eyes fixated on a fish that was a few tail-lengths away from him and would pass by soon. He drew his right paw into the air and unsheathed his claws, ready to strike when the moment came. Noise caused Ripplefang to startle and almost fall into the water, his paw sinking into the shallow before he could steady himself. Ears flattened against his head, he glanced up at the she-cat and snarled. "What do you want?" Ripplefang retorted viciously and lashed his tail. "What are you, a minnow-brain? I didn't drop prey in the water, my prey lives in the water. Besides, why should I tell you my name?"

𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐰
female ★ 10 moons ★ bi. ★ sunclan apprentice ★ crush: - ★ tags: apprentices & rowanstep

By the time she got up, her back was hurting again and she huffed in irritation. The she-cat thought about going to the medicine cats, but they'd think she was stupid for going to them with such a simple problem. It then occurred that Fogpaw had sat down next to Lightpaw and was trying to strike up a conversation, waiting patiently for a response. "Oh! Good morning. I slept okay, and what about you?" she asked politely. She couldn't wait with as much patience as Fogpaw because Fennelpaw came up to them and questioned her about their mentors. "Sleeping in again? Goosetail won't be too happy," Lightpaw teased gently. Her own mentor was setting up patrols, and she secretly hoped that he wouldn't ask her to join the hunting patrol. "I have no idea what he wants to do, but maybe he'll let you come along again," Lightpaw offered in response. She enjoyed training with her sister, even though she fell behind often and was struggling to catch up with the other apprentices. She glanced over at her mentor again, and her ears got hot when she heard that she would be on the dawn patrol. Oh no...I'm going to embarrass myself in front of everyone! Lightpaw thought anxiously and hesitated to pad over to him. She broke out of her thoughts and focused her attention on Rowanstep, giving him a small smile. "Good morning," she greeted.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Epiclilkitty » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:46 pm

Peachblossom | Medicine Cat Apprentice

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    [ 23 moons ] [ female ] [ sunclan ] [ mentions: Goosetail ] [ tagged: Coalheart, Fennelpaw ]

Peachblossom followed her mentor's gaze to where her brother was disappearing through the camp entrance and worry filled her pale gaze. Poor Goosetail. Perhaps a bit of training could do him a bit of good. Returning her gaze to her mentor, she smiled and dipped her head in agreement. "Yes, I think that's a good idea." She purred, bending to finish off her mouse in a few rapid bites. Belly comfortably full, the mostly white she-cat swiped her tongue over her jaws, before rising to stretch. Speaking of training, it dawned on her that Goosetail hadn't taken his apprentice with him. The calico she-cat was sitting nearby looking a bit lost so Peachblossom decided to extend an offer she hopes she wouldn't refuse. "Fennelpaw? Why don't you join Coalheart and me? We can work on your tracking and find Goosetail," she suggested with a warm smile. Surely they could find some herbs while also allowing Fennelpaw to track her mentor. They could make it seem like a game; cheer the little she-cat up. Peachblossom got the feeling that Goosetail was, unintentionally, making the little cat feel inadequate and she wanted to help her brother and his apprentice.

Hollypaw | Apprentice

[ 10 moons ] [ female ] [ rainclan ] [ mentions: Dawnpaw ] [ tagged: Tidepaw, Amberthroat ]

"Of course not, Sunshadow, Amberthroat," Hollypaw said with an innocent smile, nudging Tidepaw sharply when she started mumbling under her breath. Hollypaw didn't know why the other apprentice was so intimidated by Amberthroat. So her mentor was a bit prickly; that only made it more fun to mess with her and annoy her and Hollypaw did so whenever she got the chance... whether it was sneaking out of camp, or ignoring her apprentice duties in favor of basking down by the river with the sun hot on her fur. Once, she even put beetles in the she-cat's nest. That had been a fun day. Hollypaw was constantly testing her mentor's patience. It gave her something to do and kept things interesting. Tuning back in, she flattened her ears and wrinkled her nose. "We don't have to go to the marshes, do we? I'll get my paws wet!" She complained. Hollypaw was likely the only cat in the clan who hated getting wet, which made fishing and swimming practice a chore she tried to get out of any chance she gets. "Plus that muck gets all over my fur and it tastes so gross when I have to lick it from between my toes," she added with a lash of her tail. She also hated mud with a fiery passion.

Ravenwing | Warrior

[ 37 moons ] [ male ] [ rainclan ] [ mentions: n/a ] [ tagged: Snow ]

Ravenwing snarled, spinning and looking up as the voice spoke above him, before stopping and blinking in surprise. The cat was undeniably familiar; Ravenwing had been his mentor. The slightly younger tomcat had joined the clan after fleeing his Kittypet life and, not wanting to waste a more experienced warrior on a non-clan born cat, he had been given to the recently named warrior, Ravenwing. Despite his kittypet blood, Ravenwing had thought they'd been close, but that hadn't stopped the younger tomcat from leaving the clan. The sense of betrayal he had felt then still lurked beneath the surface now and Ravenwing narrowed his eyes up at the younger tomcat with a slight growl. "You're no longer a clan cat, Snowpaw. You don't belong here," he snapped, flexing his claws and flattening his ears.

Stormbriar | Warrior

[ 26 moons ] [ female ] [ sunclan ] [ mentions: n/a ] [ tagged: Ripplefang ]

If Stormbriar took any offense to the name-calling, she didn't show it. Instead, she padded closer until her paws her at the very edge of the bank, the rushing water occasionally splashing over them. "So we can be friends, of course. It's no fun if every cat is just fighting all the time," she chirped cheerfully, finally dropping her bright green gaze to the rushing water between them. Cocking her head, she studied the water. It was clear enough for her to see the bed of pebbles below the water and to make out a few flashes of silver here and there. Glancing back up she asked, "are you fishing, then? can you teach me? I've never fished before!" Stormbriar grinned a friendly grin, her green eyes wide and hopeful at the prospect of forging a new friendship across the river. She wondered what fisbh tasted like, and if it tasted anything like mouse. She liked mouse the best.
Epiclilkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⟦⊙⟧ Across the Water - open & accepting!

Postby fruitbat » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:55 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━

HONEYWHISKER
    ━━━━━━━
    i. She-cat ii. 30 moons iii. Sunclan
    Passionate Sensitive Insightful
    iv. Warrior v. Rowanstep, Sandpaw

━━━━━━━━━━━━
                    Honeywhisker felt something strange stir up inside her, a feeling of being watched. She shook herself out and scanned the camp, noticing her apprentice making her way towards them. She smiled at the sight of the small she-cat. Sandpaw was quite a pretty little thing; a coat practically bred for Sunclan territory, big light brown eyes and a swift gait. Honeywhisker wondered if Sandpaw was somehow blessed by Starclan at birth for her appearance, which made the warrior slightly self-conscious. She turned her head to look at her pelt, at the way it stuck up in funny places and the way it didn't grow where scars were left. Honeywhiskers negative thoughts were interrupted by Sandpaw as the apprentice stopped in-front of her with a silent greeting. As she listened to the deputy's response, Honeywhisker gave her apprentice a smile of recognition, and then an even bigger grin when Rowanstep said she could join the dawn patrol. The warrior winked at her apprentice, happy that she was able to be a part of the special ritual. Then she turned her attention to Rowanstep, a smile pasted along her lips. "Oh you're an absolute gem Rowanstep!" Honeywhisker basically purred. She made her way to be beside her apprentice, giving the smaller she-cat a nudge on the shoulder. "And what do you say to your very kind deputy?" She said with a playful tone, her gaze darting between the tom in front of her and Sandpaw.

Some may say that Honeywhisker was overly happy about the situation, but it was because quite frankly the warrior would have had to improvise with training. This was something she did not want to do, as she is known for being an organised perfectionist. A dawn patrol would give Honeywhisker time to think about the rest of the day, if they were to train at all. She didn't want to make it boring, so maybe bringing others along would be a good idea? Or too late notice? The she-cat shrugged to herself as she waited for her clan mates with a soft smile.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

BADGERFOOT
    ━━━━━━━
    i. Tom-cat ii. 46 moons iii. Rainclan
    Dutiful Judgemental Stbborn
    iv. Med. cat v. Foxpaw

━━━━━━━━━━━━
                    Badgerfoot watched his apprentice almost cause havoc in the den through an act of joy. It was a rare occurrence, but this made the tom chuckled softly under his breath. His green orbs followed Foxpaw as she started to sort the herbs they already had- a small habit she had when she was excited or bored. "We need poppy seed, feverfew and tansy" Badgerfoot said quite calmly. There had been a lot of cats in and out with some sort of sickness due to the previous cold weather. Most of them just had the chill, while some progressed to whitecough. It was a good learning experience for Foxpaw to see the other cats in that state, especially since she was a major influence to their recovery. "If you happen to find any lavender and marigold, that'd be very useful too" the tom added, remembering that those two herbs were always essentials in the Rainclan medicine cat den. Badgerfoot scanned the area once more, hoping he didn't miss anything vital to his job. It was hard to find a lot of herbs at this time because of the harsh Leaf-bare, so he truly hoped his apprentice could find at least one of the things on his list. He then looked at Foxpaw with a slight devilish grin, "remember, if you bring the wrong herbs back, there will be consequences" Badgerfoot said, more intimidating than the first time. "Understand? It is a medicine cats duty to look after their clan, and without proper herbs to aid those in need, the clan will fall apart. You don't want Robinstar to deem you as a loner, do you?" the tom asked with a tilt of his head.

fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⟦ three ⟧ - ripplefang and lightpaw

Postby SilentMelody » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:35 am

𝐑𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐠
male ★ 33 moons ★ bi. ★ rainclan warrior ★ crush: - ★ tags: stormbriar

"I don't want to be friends, and I don't mind fighting," he growled harshly and narrowed his eyes at her. Despite this, she still walked closer and allowed the water to run over her paws. Flicking an ear at her, Ripplefang stared at her and watched her every movement in case she was trying to trick him. His past encounters with the other clan's cats never went well. He bluntly replied, "Yes, I'm fishing. And no, I can't teach you." He wondered to himself, What is wrong with her? Are all Sunclan cats like this? Then again, she doesn't seem like one with the way that she put her paws in the water. I heard that they usually just like to lay on the Basking Rocks. So why is she beside the river instead, unlike the other cats? Ripplefang felt distrust and hostility spread through him again, forcing those thoughts aside. These cats were dangerous.

𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐰
female ★ 10 moons ★ bi. ★ sunclan apprentice ★ crush: - ★ tags: apprentices & rowanstep

By the time she got up, her back was hurting again and she huffed in irritation. The she-cat thought about going to the medicine cats, but they'd think she was stupid for going to them with such a simple problem. It then occurred that Fogpaw had sat down next to Lightpaw and was trying to strike up a conversation, waiting patiently for a response. "Oh! Good morning. I slept okay, and what about you?" she asked politely. She couldn't wait with as much patience as Fogpaw because Fennelpaw came up to them and questioned her about their mentors. "Sleeping in again? Goosetail won't be too happy," Lightpaw teased gently. Her own mentor was setting up patrols, and she secretly hoped that he wouldn't ask her to join the hunting patrol. "I have no idea what he wants to do, but maybe he'll let you come along again," Lightpaw offered in response. She enjoyed training with her sister, even though she fell behind often and was struggling to catch up with the other apprentices. She glanced over at her mentor again, and her ears got hot when she heard that she would be on the dawn patrol. Oh no...I'm going to embarrass myself in front of everyone! Lightpaw thought anxiously and hesitated to pad over to him. She broke out of her thoughts and focused her attention on Rowanstep, giving him a small smile. "Good morning," she greeted.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby purpledirewolf2019 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:46 am

Sunshadow
---{He/him | Warrrior| 32 moons |Rainclan }-----{ Location: RainClan Camp }---{ Tagged:Amberthroat, Tidepaw, Dewstripe }--{ Mentioned:Maplewhisker }---

When Amberthroat backed away from the apprentice den, he followed, motioning with his tail for Tidepaw to follow. His apprentice was a good, hard-working, cat, and she seemed ready for the day's training. The only thing left to do was so pick a location for the battle training, which was was Amberthroat asked. "Well, I think we should definitely take advantage of the fog and all three of them would benefit from that kind of training. As much as I know training in the marshes isn't anyone's first pick, I think that's exactly why we should go there." he replied to her. Sure, they'd get more wet and dirty, but cats don't always get to pick the most convenient places to battle.

As he waited for the other two mentors to decide, he heard a familiar pur and turned to see Dewstripe. The deputy wanted to know if he and Tidepaw would go with him on the evening patrol, which Sunshadow thought was a great idea. "Good morning, Dewstripe! It is a nice day so far. Amberthroat, Maplewhisker and I were just trying to pick a location for battle training today." he answered. "Tidepaw and I would love to come with you on the evening patrol today, right Tidepaw?" he asked his apprentice who he was sure was listening. I'll make sure she's good and rested after battle training."

Snow
--------{He/him | Rogue | 29 moons | }-----{ Location: Near RainClan Territory }---{ Tagged:Ravenwing }--{ Mentioned:Robinstar, Hollypaw }--------

As soon as Ravenwing looked up at him, he knew his former mentor recognized him. Despite the growling and snarling, Snow remained calm, still flicking his tail a bit. However, hearing his old apprentice name caused him to flatten his ears and hiss. "Don't call me that! It's just Snow now. Like you said, I'm no longer a clan cat." he replied quickly as he tried to recompose himself. "As you can see, the rogue life has treated me rather well. I can go where I want, when I want, without having to worry or care about others. And with these large ears of mine, I hear a lot about what goes on in the clans. You know, mostly boring stuff. When kits get apprenticed, apprentices get named warriors, when unwanted kits are born and when the mother and all of them but die, the clan leader forces the only surviving parent to care for it. How exactly is that going? She's an apprentice now, isn't she?" he asked with a smirk. He knew mentioning his daughter could trigger Ravenwing. Snow enjoyed messing with the clan cats. It was one of his only sources of entertainment. "That's why I prefer the life of a rogue. I'm my own leader. You still have to obey Robinstar."

Fogpaw
----{She/her | Apprentice | 9 moons}---{ Location: SunClan camp }---{ Tagged:Lightpaw, Juniperleaf }---{ Mentioned: Fennelpaw, Stormbriar, Rowanstep}----

Fogpaw smiled as Lightpaw responded to her. "I slept well too! I'm anxious to see what we'll be doing today." she said as Fennelpaw came up and greeted her sister. She decided to give them some space, so as soon as she saw Rowanstep, she walked over to listen as he gave out the assignments. It seemed she, Juniperleap, and Stormbriar would be going on a hunting patrol, so she quickly found her mentor so she didn't keep him waiting. "Good morning Juniperleap."she purred to him. She looked around for Stormbriar, but the grey warrior was nowhere to be found. "It looks like it might just be us on the hunting patrol today. Unless Stormbriar shows up.
Last edited by purpledirewolf2019 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
purpledirewolf2019

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sleeping With Issues » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:48 am

[] F o x p a w

--------{ She/her | Apprentice| 8 moons |Rainclan }-----{ Location: Medicine cat den }---{ Tagged:Badgerfoot }--{ Mentioned: n/a }---
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Foxpaw flicks her ear at the sound of her mentor chuckling as she continues to sort. Her head quickly snapping to attention at the words of her mentor, "Poppy seeds, Feverfew, tansy, marigold, and lavender." she mutters under her breath to commit the list to memory before she was to head out. She could feel the toms green eyes on her as she gently, carefully sorted more of the herbs within the den, "So that means I'll need to bring back the head of some poppys, so we can dry them, Look along the river bed for feverfew, Marigold will also be around the river." Foxpaw cocks her head thinking of where to find Tansy and lavender. She knew they'd likely be to the north of camp, or at least the tansy would be if there were any surviving. She turns to Badgerfoot, finally having gotten through her surge of excitement, "I should be able to find poppy, feverfew, and marigold, but tansy and lavender are going to be hard to find." The young apprentice sighs, her gold eyes scanning where the herbs she was collecting normally would be. Foxpaw knew they were running low, so she was going to try her best to find everything for her mentor, " The tansy grows toward drier land so it should be to the north of camp. I just can't imagine much has survived the harsh weather. As for lavander it grows more plentifully at the sun rocks,but that's Sunclan's territory. It also grows toward the two leg places. It's a risk, but if it means survival of the clan its worth it, Right?"The firey, orange she-cat questions then nods slowly at her mentors words noting his grin, but it still didn't stop the shock of his words, "Yes, I understand. I know," her, already, large gold eyes widen in fear and her voice trembles a bit, "N-n-no I'd never want to be a loner."
Last edited by Sleeping With Issues on Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleeping With Issues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TidalCurrent » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:56 am

[] MBERTHROAT

--------{ she/her | rainclan warrior | 30 moons }-----{ Location: rainclan camp }
--------{ tagged: hollypaw, sunshadow, maplewhisker }---{ mentioned: dawnpaw, dewstripe }

xxxxxxxxAmberthroat held a steady gaze at her apprentice's complaints. She and Hollypaw had sparred constantly since they were paired, always in some passive-aggressive battle. Right now, it was Amberthroat's turn, and she almost grinned at Sunshadow's response. She payed no mind to the marshes. They were one of her favorite places to train, difficult or not, and it was easy to blend in with it's muddy banks with her dark pelt. Her apprentice, however, displayed otherwise. Amberthroat watched as the other tortoiseshell followed her outside the den, and nodded. "I think the marshes would be a great place for battle training today," she meowed, pointedly making eye-contact with Hollypaw as she spoke. "As you said, it'd be good experience." Her gaze swept over the other felines in her party, Dawnpaw and Maplewhisker both looked ready to leave as well. "Shall we go, then? We should leave soon if we want to be back before sun-high." she questioned them, taking a few steps towards the camp exit as she spoke. From what she could tell from the gaps in the trees overhead, the Sun was already on it's way higher into the sky. She overheard Sunshadow's discussion with Dewstripe, and knew they'd need to be back by then if the apprentice was to get any rest.

[] IDEPAW

--------{ she/her | rainclan apprentice | 10 moons }-----{ Location: rainclan camp }
--------{ tagged: hollypaw, sunshadow, dewstripe }---{ mentioned: n/a }

xxxxxxxxTidepaw grinned as Hollypaw nudged her. It fun to torment her friend at times, although her mentor probably did it enough for the both of them. She almost rolled her eyes when the other apprentice complained about the marshes. They were RainClan cats, they didn't exactly have a choice with water. She guessed they were opposites on that, then. Tidepaw personally loved swimming with a passion, even asking Sunshadow to teach her how to fish for their first hunting lesson. Her short fur probably helped with that, unable to get dragged down by the weight of water or mud. She nudged Hollypaw back after her mentor decided on the marshes. "Come on, Hollypaw, it'll be fun! she meowed as she followed her mentor outside the den. Dewstripe, RainClan's deputy, was outside waiting for them. Tidepaw shuffled her paws as a patrol had been brought up. She hadn't exactly gone on many of them yet, so she was still in the unclear of how much she enjoyed them. When Sunshadow turned to her, though, she instantly perked up and nodded. They couldn't be that bad, after-all.

[] ANDPAW

--------{ she/her | sunclan apprentice | 9 moons }-----{ Location: sunclan camp }
--------{ tagged: honeywhisker, rowanstep }---{ mentioned: lightpaw, goosetail, fennelpaw }

xxxxxxxxSandpaw brightened up when her greeting was returned without negativity and she was accepted into joining the patrol. She glanced up at her mentor as the she-cat spoke. Honeywhisker was one of the cats she respected most, and it wasn't just because the two were paired up by Gorsestar. The golden she-cat was a respectable feline, intelligent and a hard worker at that. She was passionate and insightful, something Sandpaw envied, and her optimism was often contagious. Sandpaw snapped out of her thoughts as her shoulder was nudged, and she blinked, looking up at her mentor once more. She almost took back her admiration for the cat as the question was asked, dismayed as she turned her gaze to Rowanstep. "Thank you," she meowed, keeping her voice even. Lightpaw, Rowanstep's apprentice, showed up not too long after and she looked around camp for the rest of the patrol. One of the members, Goosetail, was no where to be seen. Fennelpaw could be seen across camp, so he couldn't have left to train her. Her tail twitched, whether annoyed or curious she couldn't decide. Would they have to go without him?
TidalCurrent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⟦⊙⟧ Across the Water - open & accephttps://www.chickenst

Postby mel. » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:42 pm

dewstripe

rainclan - deputy - bi - crush: n/a - location: rainclan camp/territory - mentioned: tidepaw, sunshadow, snow, ravenwing - tags: snow, ravenwing/open

"I will see you later then sunshadow," he turned to the apprentice, "good luck with training today tidepaw! I expect for you to be ready this evening for the patrol so don't wear yourself out too much." dewstripe flicked his tail goodbye and walked towards the exit of the camp in a good mood; he would hunt alone for now and enjoy the calm morning. dewstripe took one last look around the camp and felt a glow of pride in his chest, thinking about the clan he called family. he shook himself out of thought and made his way out of the camp, nodding his head politely at any cats he passed. almost immediately after leaving the camp, dewstripe scented a strange cat and heard arguing not far away. he quickly abandoned his idea of some peaceful solo hunting and bounded toward the commotion. it was ravenwing and another familiar cat. "..snowpaw? ravenwing what is going on here? why is snowpaw back in our territory when he supposedly was leaving for good?" dewstripe did his best to glare at the unwelcome tom, but was reminded of the pain of one of his clanmates abandoning the family that had welcomed him in with open paws.

fennelpaw

sunclan - apprentice - bi - crush: n/a - location: sunclan camp/territory - mentioned: lightpaw, rowanstep, peachblossom, coalheart, goosetail - tags: peachblossom, coalheart/open

fennelpaw sighed quietly as she jealously watched lightpaw pad over to her mentor, and pondered what to do next. she had been starting to doubt her abilities as an apprentice lately, as it seemed to her that goosetail was ignoring her. she looked up to her mentor and this really put her down. what did I do wrong to disappoint him so much? she thought angrily to herself. am I just not good enough for him? is it because I wasn't clan born? fennelpaw was about to head back into her den to mope, but quickly perked up as she heard a familiar voice beside her. she managed a smile, "hello peachblossom." fennelpaw admired the she-cat greatly. peachblossom was always so kind and understanding to her in regards to goosetail; and was also very intelligent and compassionate. when goosetail was gone and the other apprentices were busy, fennelpaw tended to hang around the medicine cat den and talk to peachblossom and coalheart. because of her eagerness for learning, she wanted to be able to identify and use some herbs if needed, along with her training in hunting and fighting. although fennelpaw was intrigued in this knowledge, she knew that she would never want to be a medicine cat herself, she wouldn't want to give up a chance at love just to be a medicine cat. but nonetheless, fennelpaw enjoyed spending time with peachblossom, and learning about her duties. "that would be great! thank you for letting me join you two" she said, her sadness starting to fade away. i do need more practice with my tracking anyways, and maybe I can impress goosetail with finding him! she smiled at the idea of impressing her mentor, and began to follow peachblossom and coalheart out of the camp with a hopeful flick of her tail.
mel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby purpledirewolf2019 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:02 pm

Sunshadow
---{He/him | Warrrior| 32 moons |Rainclan }-----{ Location: RainClan Camp }---{ Tagged:Amberthroat, Tidepaw, Dewstripe }--{ Mentioned: }---

Sunshadow nodded with a smile at Dewstripe’s instructions. ”Of course. See you later Dewstripe!”he responded as he turned back towards the other apprentices and mentors. Amberthroat was already waiting by the entrance, calling for them to follow. “We’re coming. We definitely need to get a move on if we are going to be back in time to rest up.” he said to the other tortie. Now, he had to make sure that Tidepaw wasn’t worked too hard. She needed to be at full strength for her first evening patrol, but he he didn't think today's training would be too vigorous. They were mainly going to show the apprentices how to fight and defend themselves when visibility was poor. How to listen and smell to predict where the other cats were and how to react accordingly. Maybe even how to use the fog to their advantage and attack, but it wouldn't be like normal training too much, so hopefully Tidepaw wouldn't get too tired afterwords.

Snow
--------{He/him | Rogue | 29 moons | }-----{ Location: Near RainClan Territory }---{ Tagged:Ravenwing, Dewstripe }--{ Mentioned: }--------

The white cat waited for his former mentor to respond with a smirk on his face, but the smirk disappeared when another RainClan cat showed up. This wasn't just another warrior though. This was the clan's deputy, Dewstripe. Snow sat up on the branch he was perched on and had to dig his claws into the bark as the deputy said his old name not once, but twice. Dewstripe glared up at him, but it didn't phase the white tom. "Apparently RainClan cats have poor memories, but it has been about 12 moons since I left, so I'll remind you. First, I renounced my clan name the moment I left. It's not Snowpaw anymore, it's just Snow. Second, I didn't just leave the clan. Robinstar exiled me, but don't despair. I'm much happier on my own." he explained as calmly as he could. "I actually never really left, either. I mean, why would I want to? There's plenty of prey, water and shelter. You just haven't noticed since move around so much, but I couldn't go unnoticed forever I suppose." he continued, his ears flicking as he listened to see if more cats were coming. The two clan cats outnumbered him, but that wouldn't deter him. He had faced worse odds when he faced a SunClan patrol, and he somehow walked away victorious. Nonetheless, he didn't want to push his luck and if more cats showed up, his odds of winning would plummet.
purpledirewolf2019

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⟦⊙⟧ Who we are - 2

Postby ataraxic_gone » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:01 pm

OBINSTAR
        xxxmolly . fourty-five moons . rainclan leader . river w/ open
        Raising a paw, RobinStar covered a gentle yawn, she could hear her sister's voice whisper affectionately in her ear, 'still dainty as ever.' Her paws twitched with unaired grief, maybe even anger as she looked downwards and let out a sigh. She moved into cover, choosing today as a good day to indulge in bathing her long fur. She shifted undercover, letting out a sigh as she began the long process of clearing her dappled fur. She started with her shoulders, a twitch of pain as she ran her tongue over the old scar her sister left. She supposed it was quite the parting gift, a 'remember me' which she would never forget. Quick and systematic she pushed past the scar and along her side, one of her paws lifting as she stretched to reach the small of her back and then onto her tail. There was a moment of frustration as her tail began twitching incessantly with a mind of its own. She would pause during her ritual, nodding to any cat that met her gaze, letting passersby know it was okay to approach her.

After a moment she let stood up mind churning as she considered what she would do. Hunt. Of course, yes. She had heard a patrol mentioned but had anyone gone out hunting yet? She nodded to herself- that was what she would do, and perhaps rouse her deputy for not preparing formal patrols in the morning- at least none that she's heard. Headed out from the camp she travelled to the river, heading along it until she was near the basking rocks- in the area before the river became shallow.

RobinStar let out a sniff as she slowly crawled along the side of the river, watching as the reeds began to thin out and in turn, the water became easier to peer into. RobinStar leaned down into the river and gazed into the water for a long moment before dipping her down to lap up the water. Her eyes closed for a moment and a familiar sensation pooled over her, memories slowly being brought back to life in vivid colours.

At that moment she was back many many moons ago to her first outing on the territory. Lapping up the water of the river for the first time. The shouting of a mentor jarred her from the drink and she opened her eyes and spied her sister standing in the reeds on sunclan's side of the river. "FinchPaw! Get back here!" Came the shouts of DottedPelt as he angrily padded into the water. There was a loud cackle from her sister as she tossed herself into the water and began swimming back towards the shore of rainclan's territory. DottedPelt ran up to FinchPaw and cuffed her ears, before beginning a long scolding lecture. At RobinPaw's side, WhiteNose let out a soft laugh at her brother's antics, giving RobinPaw a knowing look before leading her to the side to show her the basking rocks. There was some hesitation in RobinPaw as she approached the water, she had been taught a healthy respect for the metaphorical cousin of their clan's namesake, knew it was a dangerous killer of even the best warriors. She hated the water. FinchPaw didn't. Having skirted away from her mentor to return to her sister's side. Laying eyes on the basking rocks she could feel the elation in FinchPaw's soul, it was quickly mirrored by RobinPaw even if the fear was still there.

FinchPaw and DottedPelt dipped into the water, swimming over to basking rocks and proudly standing on the rocky surface. RobinPaw stood still and stiff at the water's edge and despite some soft pushes by WhiteNose, RobinPaw remained unmoved. FinchPaw had been watching her eagerly and when she didn't follow quickly FinchPaw's ears flicked backwards. One hop, followed by another, saw FinchPaw at the water's edge on the basking rocks side of the river, staring into RobinPaw's eyes. There was an intense sincerity to her gaze as she looked into RobinPaw's soul, knowing the problem instantly. She felt her heart soften in the gaze, her muscles relaxing as she stared back. FinchPaw let out a chirp, closing her eyes and tilting her head, a dumb smile on her face; "I believe in you!"

RobinStar jerked back as a ripple in the water splashed water onto her nose. The memory of her sister on the other side of the bank was fading. A small sigh escaped her maw as streaks of tears trailed down her muzzle and into the water below. There was a little laugh as she strangled broken sobs before they could escape her. It was always when she least expected it. That was the day before the night her mother came out with the truth. Why couldn't that day have lasted forever? She was alone- always alone. She pulled backwards, running a paw over her face to blur the tears. A small sniffle left her maw before she caught sight of another ripple in the water, her eyes fixating on the spot as curiosity subdued her loneliness and loss. Her ears swivelled on her head fixating on the spot she had caught sight of the ripple. It was a moment or maybe a minute and the ripple happened again; fish!

RobinStar's body reflexively crunched into a pouncing crouch. She breathed out, eyes captivating the spot, shallow breaths flowing in and out of her body before she felt the moment was right. Taking a deep breath in she sent herself flying into the water, claws splaying in an effort to grab anything possible. On her right paw, she felt something clip and temporarily catch, eyes still blind from the force of the water she pushed her paws downwards, thrusting her body in the direction of what had brushed her paw. The feeling of something brush her whiskers caused her jaw shut to snap shut. Something slimy was punctured by her teeth and her body began weaving upwards towards the surface. She inhaled deeply through her nose as she pushed through the water's surface. Her paws worked their way toward the shoreline. The fish in her mouth desperately tried to wiggle it's way free but RobinStar clamped her jaw tighter.

Stepping onto the shore she shivered, pushing through reeds and up onto the grassy area that lined this side of the river. Her jaw released and snapped several times, making sure the fish was truly dead before she released it onto the floor. Several loud huffs left her maw as she caught her breath. Opening her eyes she stared down at the fish. It wasn't the best, but it was large enough to at least feed a cat. She let out a sigh and dipped her nose down quietly muttering thanks to starclan. She looked back at the water. There was probably more but it would take them a moment to forget that they were being hunted. The taste of fish was fresh on her tongue and RobinStar felt a pang of hunger she had realised before. She ignored it willingly, laying down in the grass, feeling the sun warming her pelt- it was a nice change that this close to sunclan's territory it was well, sunny. [1,208]

𓅨 INCHSONG
        xxxmolly . fourty-five moons . rouge . moonlit cave -> sunclan border w/ open
        Paws striking the earth FinchSong made great progress towards the border of SunClan [skipping to account for travel]

UNIPERLEAP
        xxxtom . thirty-one moons . sunclan warrior . territory w/ honeywhisker, sandpaw, rowanstep, fogpaw
        The ears of the warrior perked, his name and that of his daughter mentioned. He approached slowly, eyes moving between the cats as he listened to the conversation flow, somewhat distant in his mind than it was in real life. He shook his head on occasion trying his hardest to keep his interest peaked after all this matter concerned his family- what was left of it at least. His eyes roamed between the cats speaking, a heavy stone dropping in his chest as the patrols were corrected. It appeared he wouldn't get some time with his daughter today. He did his best not to let out a sigh or show disapproval. Really, she was growing into her own cat, who would JuniperLeap be to try and hover- contain his daughter. He would no doubt mess it up, he was almost certain of it, so maybe his daughter's fate was better left in the hands of HoneyWhisker.
        So caught up in his own moment of despair the approach of his own apprentice went unnoticed. He twitched as the cheery good morning caught him off guard and his brain took a moment to catch up with the present. He looked down at FogPaw, expression empty for the briefest of moments before he smiled gently, "and morning to you too FogPaw." He replied, struggling, digging around his emotions to muster a purr back. He felt a cringe internally, he sounded old when he purred, rickety, when did that happen? Was it the morning or had he always sounded like that? "So it seems," he responded, setting off towards the exit of their camp. "Well there is no sense in waiting, StormBriar can track us out to our hunting spot later when he catches up." He lead the way into their territory gaze flickering over his shoulder to make sure he was being followed. "What prey do you want to catch today?" He asked, offering a topic to his apprentice while they walked. It was an interesting trick to gauge an apprentices confidence that he'd seen another mentor use when he was fresh into the warrior's den. If they were confident they'd name their favoured prey, if they were uncertain they'd flavour their words and say very little. Of course, there were other answers but that was the general idea. He supposed FogPaw may have caught onto this trick or at least gotten bored of the same question, but it was some what effective, it also filled time. [414]
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me