β™• π•π€π‹π‹π„π˜ πŽπ… πŠπˆππ†π’ β™• A VOK RP

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: β™• π•π€π‹π‹π„π˜ πŽπ… πŠπˆππ†π’ β™• A VOK RP

Postby Meekins12345 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:37 am

κ€˜κ…κ‹¬κ“„κ„²κ€˜κ„² κ‹¬κ‹Šκ’― κ’―κ‚κŒκ„²κ“„κ„²κŒκ‹¬
|| Kwatoko - Eavesdropping || Degotoga - meeting Astrona ||

Degotoga stood still, his ears slightly pinned back with a sort of wariness reflecting in those bright eyes of his. However, he seemed quick to ease into a sort of settled state once the stranger spoke up. So it could speak like them? That meant it wasn't some other species, like a deer or bird. Course she didn't look like either. He bowed his head slightly after she had greeted them, only to perk slightly at her mentioning of intruding. His ears swiveled forward for a moment before a chuckle escaped his maw. "Ah, naw. You're not intruding. I'm not even from around here. I suppose, if you were intruding, I'd be intruding, too." He'd tease with a soft smile, soon taking a few paw steps closer to this stranger. He seemed curious about her now. However he wouldn't get too close, knowing there was an ever-present sense of personal space about.

"Though it makes me wonder, if you don't mind my asking, are you exploring, too?" He'd beg gently, his gaze now sweeping over the features of the stranger with a different eye. Her pelt was a lovely shade of orange, more of a orange than that he had ever seen. It was almost as orange as the tree leaves back home, when autumn came upon the forest. And those eyes were just as blue as the ocean back home, too, if the sky didn't compare to them.

"Not to be nosey or anything like that, but you look like you've been wandering around... unless your territory isn't too far from here." He'd add with a gentle shrug of his shoulders, he kind enough to give her his full attention.
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:59 am

π€π’π“π‘πŽππ€
|| wandering, exploring || meeting Degotoga ||

Astrona relaxes when the strange lion smiles and shows no signs of aggression. "Oh... we can intrude together, eh?" The chances of multiple felines wandering on claimed territory without knowing it are low; it eases the prickling of unease that has been present in her neck since her arrival to the valley.

"I'm looking around, getting a sense of the land. I claimed a spot not too far from here last night-- but I am prepared to move if I am not welcome." Astrona replies, making sure to keep her eye contact polite and not to stare. She does not notice Degotoga looking her over. A lion's appearance is not as strange to her-- maned felines with a tuft of fur on their tails. Nothing too startling to her.

"I am Guardian Astrona, born to the Noble Linanthus of Stone and Swift North."
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:22 pm

|| Kwatoko - Still eavesdropping || Degotoga - Meeting Astrona ||

He laughed a bit at her response, soon nodding. "Don't see why not, though I haven't caught wind of any scents or marks that indicate this is somebody's territory. I don't think we have much of an issue unless somebody comes running at us." He'd tease, soon winking toward her playfully before looking behind him, noting Kwatoko's signature 'Suspicious Look'. His eyes narrowed, bottom lip puckered out slightly, ears pinned back. The older male rolled his eyes before looking back to this stranger, nodding once she spoke of just what she was doing here.

"Ah, I see. So you're just starting out, aren't 'cha? Good for you! I always commend those folks who got the guts and the moxie to start their own pride." He'd chime contently, soon perking as she introduced herself. He smiled shortly afterwards.

"My name's Degotoga, and this little fartblossom, back here," He'd begin, soon motioning to his counterpart, who quickly leapt to his paws, "He's Kwatoko. We're from the Wikimak Pride down yonder... Well, more like a yonder and a half." He'd joke, lightly. Kwatoko just nodded at that, putting on his more serious face.

"Don't mind him, he tends to make himself look more serious than he actually is." Dego teased, causing Toko's bicolored eyes to widen and look away with a pouty look. Degotoga didn't have to look to know what he was doing and merely laughed at it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Guardian Astrona."
Last edited by Meekins12345 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:23 pm

|| talking || with Degotoga and Kwatoko ||

Good, the friendly Degotoga agrees that he has not yet seen any evidence of territory claiming. She looks out over the stunning view of lush grasslands in appreciation and misses the look Degotoga sends him companion.

He speaks a few words that are unfamiliar to her-- a dialect difference, likely. Astrona dips her head. "Yes, I have been tasked with starting a New Guard here. If I am welcomed in my official capacity. You wouldn't know if the area had its own Guardians, I assume."

When another lion appears at his name, Astrona's ears twitch. Just enough-- she catches herself from pinning her ears. Even though this one seems friendly, it is not safe to be outnumbered near strangers. Especially for someone of Astrona's poor fighting skills. She can run if it comes down to it-- climbing is not an option here without clustered trees to provide an escape.

"Likewise, Degotoga and Kwatoko." Astrona keeps her voice even and warm. Ever polite and perhaps a little too formal, as is her way. The hidden one does not seem as pleased to see her.
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:55 pm

Κœα΄€Κ€α΄€α΄‹α΄€ | α΄‘Ιͺα΄›Κœ ???
Haraka crouched down in the tall grass, eyes peering through as she focused on the rabbit before her. It was right then, and it hadn't even seen her yet. Her eyes narrowed in delight, though she resisted the urge to lick her lips. She couldn't eat it yet; she had to bring it back to camp with any other prey she caught for her pride so that everyone could eat. That didn't make her any less eager to catch and eat it though. The lioness slowly prepared herself to leap.
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:06 pm

|| Both in conversation with Astrona ||

Hmm... Big words. Must be her sort of speak. Degotoga has been around the block some so he knew of such words. However Kwatoko seemed a bit confused about some things. Nevertheless, the younger didn't seem to speak of it. Although the older was much more willing to voice his concerns... Of course, that'd be after the introductions, and Dego was quick to notice Kwatoko's more serious face. He just rolled his eyes at that.

"Don't worry about him, none, Guardian Astrona. He tries to make himself look as prickly as a porcupine but once he warms up to you, he's a big ol' softy."

"Am not!" Countered the other male. "Don't tell her that. For all we know she might have i--"

"Toko. Listen. We don't have any enemies on our backs. What's the harm in some good-intended conversation, huh?" The older male begged. His words sounded like they could be stern, but his voice still held that gentle relaxed tone.

"And it's not very kind to say such things to this kind mistress. She hasn't proven she means any harm. I think you owe her an apology."

"...I'm sorry for my outburst, Guardian Astrona."

"Good. Now don't you feel a little better? Now how about you go off and check out the area. See if you can't find anything decent for us to eat... if anything's edible out here." He'd muse with a chuckle. The younger just nodded and ultimately began his trek down a distance, leaving Degotoga with their acquaintance.

"Listen, I'm sorry for his behavior... You see, we've all been a bit cautious after the last time we had a run-in with some dangerous folk. Can't really blame his behavior but you're vastly different compared to those in the past. But enough about us. I'm curious about what these 'Guardians' are, those you mentioned. Is a guardian a rank? What do they do?"

---

While Kwatoko wandered offa bit, he couldn't help but notice... another stranger a distance away. They looked to be hunting... He could just barely make them out amongst the grass, but their darker colors gave them away. He wouldn't admit he was a bit curious, but he was. He just... seemed to watch them from a distance. Perhaps they had a different hunting style than they did. Or perhaps there were more numbers with this stranger. Who knew.
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:09 pm

|| talking || with Degotoga and Kwatoko||

Astrona is not off-put by the second lion. It is rather wise, in her opinion, to be wary of strangers. Not that she poses a threat even if she tried-- but that's not something that is visible to most unless they are keenly aware of her smaller form and her not-impressive musculature. Guardians do not hunt large prey as they are usually alone-- and Astrona certainly does not fight.

"All is forgiven, Kwatoko. Cautious introductions are not rude to me at all." Astrona says to soothe him, even though she wasn't bothered by his outburst in the first place. "I bring no ill-will or harm with me."

Astrona's ears pricked when Degotoga mentioned danger. "These dangerous ones, did you meet them close by?" She doesn't want to be alarmed if there is nothing to worry about. But if there is something... "And I am sorry to hear you experienced trouble. Not to bad, I hope?"

Ah, they do not know about Guardians. Not that they speak for the locales in this valley. But wherever these lions are from they do not know.

"Guardian is more like a title than a rank, but I suppose others may think there is not much of a difference." Astrona kneads the ground as she thinks of the best way to explain herself. She had plenty of time to think about introductions but of course, in the moment her mind forgets all her planning. "I am a Guardian of Peace, named at the Silver Ruins far in the east. I work as an impartial advisor, a provider of counsel to those who seek it. My most common tasks include mediating between communities or families, handling conflicts with unbiased justice and fair solutions. Guardians usually reside in assigned areas but they do not one territory or have a pride or community, exactly. My goal is to provide peace and communication to others."

As she talks Astrona's voice warms and grows richer with passion. She takes her duties seriously.

πŽπ‹πƒ 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄
|| trying to find something to eat || near Haraka ||

The smell of prey is tormenting. Blue looks around the large empty plains around him and casts his gaze hopefully to the sky. No circling vultures. Pity. He hasn't eaten well. His already meager strength wanes more the longer he travels without properly eating. At least the heat is not unbearable. It used to get brutally hot in Iatos' land.

Rabbits rustled in the grass, unseen and too quick for him. Blue drops his head and put his nose close to the ground. Maybe if he can find their holes he can wait until one appears. A fresh kill would be ideal-- but he is not above following a scavenger to someone else's scraps.

Blue, sniffing for rabbit holes, moves through the tall grass his large cream mane still visible. He does not walk with stealth-- his paw steps are halting and heavy as he limps, searching. A trambled path of grass follows his slow, ungraceful movements.
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:26 pm

|| Kwatoko - Distracted || Degotoga - Speaking with Astrona ||

Degotoga merely smiled at her reaction to Kwatoko, soon perking once she begged of the dangerous ones. He shook his head at that. "Oh, no, they've moved off a long time ago. We call them the Silver Pelts... They looked to be humans riding strange creatures. Like elk, but bigger and without horns. They tarnished our pride back then. Some died by the Silver Pelt's sticks, others were trampled by their strange creatures. Others, still, were chased off." He'd explain gently. There was a dulled sadness that reflected in his eyes. A hint of it could be heard in his voice.

"That's what we're doing here, pretty much. Looking for others, if there are any out here, lost or alone from when the pride was whole. We're here to bring them back home." He smirked at that, shrugging soon afterwards.

Once she began to elaborate on what Guardians were he tilted his head. He still had questions but he was content to listen regardless. She seemed very spirited about her title.

"Then I see I must've read the situation a bit incorrectly previously and I apologize for that. Knowing what Guardians are now, I see that they are very different to what I'm used to. I want to thank you for teaching me of what they are, as well as congratulate you on your title. You sound very passionate about your title and it's a pleasant thing to see." He'd give contently. "Though Guardians seem a bit foreign to me, so you'll have to pardon some of my ignorance when it comes to that... So how long are Guardians kept in an area? Do they stay within their assigned areas their whole lives or are they occasionally stationed from one place to another?"
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:16 am

|| talking || with Degotoga ||

Degotoga's story concerns her. She does not recognize the terms he uses to describe the danger that scattered his pride.

"My condolences. May you recover your pride members soon and find them in good health." Astrona is solemn, hearing the sadness in Degoriga's voice and the melancholy in his bright eyes. "I do not know of which you speak, these Silver Pelts, but I will be wary."

A thought occurs to Astrona. "Are you the ranking leader of your pride? Forgive me."

"Your congratulations flatters me, thank you. I do find my work fufilling." Astrona pauses, thinking. "Usually a guardian is assigned a quarter from the counsel. An area of multiple communities. Guardians themselves live in a small neutral space donated to them by the ones they are offering their services to. A guardian will only leave an area if they are no longer welcome by a majority or if they retire."

"My situation is different, somewhat. But I still plan to perform my duties." Astrona says half to herself. To set up a New Guard is more work than she can hope to accomplish alone in her lifetime. Hopefully more Guardians will be sent to join her, and she finds some civilians who are willing to help with the day to day tasks.
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:59 pm

|| Kwatoko - Occupying himself || Degotoga - Entertaining a conversation ||

He smiled weakly as Astrona gave him her best wishes concerning the others, he soon nodding before she spoke of the Silver Pelts. He was kind enough to explain... or at least try.

"We really aren't sure what the Silver Pelts were, either, really. They looked like the native humans that live a distance from us, but... They had a stranger pelt. Pelts of silver that reflected things just like eyes do. And they rode strange creatures and had strange sticks. Most of us were too frightened and busy running for our lives to get the greatest look at them, but thankfully we haven't seen them since."

The male blinked upon the question of leading the pride, he soon bursting into laughter, as if it was a joke.

"I'm flattered that you might think so, but no, I'm not. Both Kwatoko and myself are insoniti... uh... scouts, I suppose, from our pride. Our leader kindly asked us to go and search for more of us this way. We've got a few more in numbers since we started so we're allowed to be gone for a time, but not too long. In fact, we may be heading back pretty soon. We haven't seen anybody since arriving here... well, anybody we may have known."

He remained silent as she continued to speak of her guard, he obviously happy to see her joy in her work, his feelings given away by that smile on his maw.

"I do hope you enjoy your duties and I hope there's enough folk around here to perform duties with. I'm assuming you'll probably have to introduce yourself to prides, then, huh?"

---

Kwatoko still sat at a distance, listening slightly to their conversation as he quietly observed a large beetle crawl upon the ground. Such strange insects here, nothing like back home... It made him wonder if they taste good. Maybe he'd find out some other time. His tail swished softly behind him as he proceeded to just observe and play with the beetle.
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me