━ 𝙝 𝙚 𝙧 𝙤 ━ [open/accepting]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

pick two colors

red
21%
yellow
18%
blue
39%
green
21%

Total votes : 28

━ 𝙝 𝙚 𝙧 𝙤 ━ [open/accepting]

Postby pereyra » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:40 am

in a world where about half the population is born with a power of some sort,
a group of novice superheroes are brought together by an unknown entity and
given one common goal: protect their city from an equally as inexperienced
group of supervillains.
Last edited by pereyra on Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ 𝙥 𝙡 𝙤 𝙩 ━

Postby pereyra » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:13 am

the year is 2120.

approximately seventy years ago, people began to develop small abilities.
    nothing major- maybe the ability to make lights flicker or to telepathically
    move small objects. not everyone gained these abilities, and with
    everything else going on in the world, the phenomenon went largely
    overlooked.

however, as the years went on, the children of the people who had these
    abilities gained ones that were stronger and stronger until they had full-
    fledged super powers. now, about half of the world has a power of some
    sort. some are stronger and more dangerous than others. some are more
    easily controlled. regardless, after years of debate, public use of these
    powers was made illegal. the minimum sentence for using one of these
    powers is ten years in prison- and that can only go up depending on how
    strong the power is and what it was being used for.

these laws were created for a variety of reasons, depending on who you
    ask, but one of the most notable ones was to prevent people from dividing
    themselves into groups of heroes and villains. but it's had the opposite
    effect- these days, underground super villain rings run rampant, and so
    does well-intentioned vigilante justice.

that's where you come in.

maybe you've lived in denver your whole life, maybe you just moved here
    for a fresh start. regardless, you've suddenly found yourself recruited by an
    unknown benefactor calling themself cricket. cricket has put together a
    seemingly random group of people- novice heroes, as they've called the
    group- in an effort to combat denver's latest threat: a group of villains
    calling themselves the vultures, who have been making themselves known
    via acts of petty crime throughout the city.

the problem is- none of cricket's recruits have any experience using their
    powers or playing hero.
    and none of the vultures have any experience, either.
    both groups were put together by completely anonymous sponsors.
    and nobody can figure out why.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ 𝙧 𝙪 𝙡 𝙚 𝙨 ━

Postby pereyra » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:32 am

general ━
    all
    of cs's rules apply. include everyone. keep drama in character. this
    roleplay is in the advanced section moreso because of the xp system that
    it runs off of. i'm not a stickler for word count and not overly concerned
    about post length so long as one-line responses are avoided. because of
    the scoring system in this roleplay, discord is an absolute requirement,
    sorry!

activity ━
    do
    not join this roleplay and then never post. try to respond at least a
    couple times a week, don't leave people hanging. if something comes up
    and you are no longer able to participate, please let me know! there won't
    be any hard feelings.

reservations ━
    because
    there are unlimited spots in this roleplay, there's not really a
    point in making reservations. if you still want to make one, please post it
    in the discussion thread. do not dm it to me, my inbox is a mess and i
    genuinely might not see it lol.

characters ━
    feel
    free to make as many characters as you feel you can handle. even
    genders mean literally nothing to me. all races, religions, genders,
    orientations, etc are more than welcome and highly encouraged here.
    however, i do ask that all characters are eighteen and older. i highly
    encourage you to give your characters their own stories, subplots,
    motivations, etc- it makes roleplays a lot more fun.

faceclaims ━
    please
    only use realistic faceclaims. using any art that is not yours will get
    you permanently banned from this roleplay, as well as all my others. i
    don't have anything against kpop, but if too many kpop faceclaims are
    used, i will stop accepting them. if this bothers you, i am happy to explain
    my reasoning over dms.

powers ━
    you
    will not be choosing your character's powers. instead, i will randomly
    generate them on the superpower wiki and assign them when your
    character is accepted. this keeps things a little more fair, and makes
    them a lot more fun and interesting. if you really, really don't like your
    character's power, let me know and i will generate a different one, but
    i encourage you to work with what you initially get. please do not send
    any rude messages about this rule or ask for an exception to it.

other ━
    drama,
    romance, etc are all welcome in this roleplay. please run anything
    major, such as character deaths, by me beforehand. there is a discord for
    this roleplay, it is required. if i tag a post as 'important', please read it.
    it's probably important. also, last time i ran this roleplay, i got asked a lot
    if it's based on my hero academia. i'm just going to put it out there now
    that since then, i have learned that my hero academia is an anime, but i
    still don't know what it's about. so...

discussion ━
    keep
    all discussion on the discussion thread. please please please do not
    post on this thread until the roleplay starts. relations posts and master
    posts are totally optional, as is any fancy coding. also, sorry this rules
    post is so long, i just don't know how to stop talking. oops.
Last edited by pereyra on Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ 𝙘 𝙝 𝙖 𝙧 𝙖 𝙘 𝙩 𝙚 𝙧 𝙨 ━

Postby pereyra » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:40 pm

heroes ━ [6/∞]
      dalila housebug | nonbinary | he/him | twenty-five | reptilian transmutation | pereyra
      dossie big fire | cis male | he/him | twenty-eight | knife teleportation | pereyra
      jasper shields | trans male | he/they | twenty-four | scissor creation | yennefer
      killian aurora | trans male | - | twenty-seven | juice manipulation | hauntedmansion
      selene bronx | cis female | she/her | twenty-five | weight reduction | hauntedmansion
      zaiden leclair | - | he/him | twenty-seven | molten metal mimicry | strawbs.

villains ━ [6/∞]
      abraham zircon | nonbinary | they/them | thirty | acidic poison generation | hauntedmansion
      nataniel sanghavi | trans male | he/him | twenty-nine | melodious memory | pereyra
      nero moulin | - | they/she | twenty-seven | plant hair | beekind
      remi wentworth | - | - | - | dust attacks | yennefer
      river parrish | nonbinary | they/them | thirty-two | silver constructs | chevreuil
      rune viotto | - | they/them | twenty | jellybean manipulation | strawbs.
Last edited by pereyra on Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ 𝙚 𝙫 𝙚 𝙣 𝙩 𝙨 ━

Postby pereyra » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:32 am

heroes ━
      page one: cricket has sent their new heroes to an abandoned warehouse to meet each other for the first time.

villains ━
      page one: across town, the vultures regroup at a bowling alley to discuss their next move- and also go bowling.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ 𝙚 𝙭 𝙩 𝙧 𝙖 ━

Postby pereyra » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:36 am

━━━
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

one ━ one ━ one

Postby pereyra » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:06 pm

dalila housebug ────────── ✦
he/him ─ hero ─ reptilian transmutation
0xp ─ 100hp

warehouse ─ mentions: none ─ tagging: open

✦ three weeks ago, dalila had gotten a phone call. well- maybe phone call was a bit of a strong word.

three weeks ago, dalila had been working his usual night shift at the front desk of the quiet passing motel when the phone had rang around two in the morning. he had picked it up, expecting to find himself on the phone with some lost traveller stranded in denver for the night or something of the likes. instead, he was greeted by a shrill beeping noise followed by a monotone voice. normally, he would hang up on spam calls, but something about this one kept him from doing so- dalila couldn’t quite put his finger on what it was, but he sat quietly and listened to the clearly pre-recorded message.

“sorry about the beep. i cannot figure out how to make it go away. the it department is not helping…” the robotic voice stopped paused for another beep, loud enough that dalila visibly winced at his desk chair. “... you can call me cricket. i know who you are, but it is not important how i know. have you ever wanted to seek justice for the wrong in the world? are you tired of watching super-powered villains get away with evil because the law enforcement we are supposed to trust is too scared to do anything to stop them? are you bored with your every day life? if you answered yes to any of these questions, i invite you to join other like-minded individuals three fridays from now after dark at the following coordinates-” the voice rattled off coordinates that dalila, for some unknown reason, found himself scrambling to write down. he’d never paid much attention to the evils of the world, always too wrapped up in his own world, but come to think of it, he was… kind of bored. there was another obnoxious beep before the voice continued. “bring only yourself. no cops. snitches get stitches.” and then the phone call ended itself. dalila stared down at the coordinates on the motel notepad in front of him before tearing off the page and folding it to fit in his pocket. the whole thing seemed strange, he’d think on it later.

for the next three weeks, dalila agonized over whether or not he should go to this meeting. on one hand, it could easily be a trap. on the other hand, something about the message had seemed painfully authentic, despite it being delivered via pre-recorded robot.

eventually, he made a compromise with himself- dalila got in his car and drove to the destination the coordinates lead to- an abandoned warehouse at the far south side of denver. most of the windows were boarded up, the ones that weren’t were cracked, if not shattered completely. graffiti decorated every wall, and suddenly dalila felt more like he was walking into a trap than ever. unnerved by the building’s outward appearance, he elected to stay in his car in hopes that more people would show up and he could scout out the situation.

dossie big fire ────────── ✦
he/him ─ hero ─ knife teleportation
0 xp ─ 100hp

warehouse ─ mentions: none ─ tagging: open

✦ dossie had no interest in becoming a hero or martyring himself. what he did have, however, was a painful amount of curiosity that he knew would not stop nagging him unless he found out what the deal with the voice message he received inviting him to meet up with some other amateur heroes was. after getting the message, he looked into the coordinates given with it. they lead to an abandoned warehouse less than half a mile from where he lived. he figured, at best, he could pop into the meeting for a few minutes, find out who was responsible for the message he had been sent, and leave without ever feeling the need to think about it again.

the night the group was due to meet up, dossie threw on a hoodie, making some small attempt to hide his identity in case this was some sort of weird sting operation, and left his keys on the counter. for a moment, he hesitated at the door and considered turning around and letting his little sister know where he was going and what was happening, but the two already had a strained relationship, and after the fight they’d gotten into earlier that day, dossie figured it was better to just let it be.

he walked to the warehouse. it wasn’t terribly far, and he’d driven past the place plenty of times in the past. it was a dilapidated thing, standing alone in the middle of an empty lot. he had always thought all the doors had been boarded up years ago, but looking at it now, dossie could see one of the east doors wasn’t, and that it was cracked just a few inches. a sharp breeze blew through the lot and dossie crossed his arms in front of his chest, hoping to retain some body heat.

as far as dossie could tell, there was only one car in the lot, sitting with its’ lights off several yards away. he didn’t necessarily want to approach it, and his other options were to stand here waiting or go inside the warehouse. his morbid desire for answers made him choose the latter- dossie crossed the lot and pushed the warehouse door the rest of the way open, coughing as dust from the ground filled his lungs. the inside of the building was pitch black, prompting him to take out his phone and turn on the flashlight.

“hello?” dossie called out, scanning the vast space. the inside of the building didn’t look like it was fairing much better than the outside- there were boxes stacked up against every wall and thick layers of dust covering everything. almost everything- near the center of the room sat two torn up old couches and several chairs, mostly folding chairs and old wooden dining chairs. they were surrounding a makeshift fire pit. whoever cricket was, they had apparently been generous enough to account for the freezing mountain nights, leaving a pile of firewood in the pit and, as far as dossie could tell, absolutely nothing else.

nataniel sanghavi ────────── ✦
he/him ─ villain ─ melodious memory
0 xp ─ 100hp

bowling alley ─ mentions: none ─ tagging: open

✦ two nights ago, nataniel sanghavi had been part of a group of amateur villains trying and failing to rob a walgreens. and if you had told nataniel that was where his life would be at twenty-nine, he wouldn’t have believed any of it. hell, he’d been absolutely certain that it was some sort of set up when he had gotten an email a little over a month ago inviting him to join a group of amateur villains calling themselves ‘the vultures’- and apparently everyone else who had gotten it had been just as confused as he had been. since then, the group had been getting their instructions from an anonymous source. up until walgreens, it had been mostly petty things- stealing a statue from a park, leaving parked cars on the interstate to disrupt traffic. honestly, it had been kind of fun.

and then their anonymous benefactor had told the group to rob a walgreens, stating in the group email chain that they believed the vultures to be ‘ready for the big leagues’, whatever that meant. the whole thing had been a disaster from the start. nobody had bothered to communicate any sort of plan, and it had ended in one person being arrested.

nataniel half expected the whole thing to be dropped after that, but to his surprise he had received another email that morning. their anonymous benefactor had rented out a bowling alley for the night, and wanted them to have some team building time. although he was half tempted to never interact with any of the vultures ever again, there was something so ludicrous about sending a group of criminals bowling as a team bonding exercise that nataniel couldn’t help but show up with a plate of cookies.

he didn’t see anyone else there when he arrived, save the nervous-looking teenager behind the counter. nataniel wasn’t sure how much the kid knew, but he guessed he’d also be nervous if a group of weird adults rented out his bowling alley after dark on such short notice. nataniel didn’t think too much of it, instead approaching the kid and not even getting a full ‘hello’ out of his mouth before the kid interrupted and asked his name. upon giving his name, the boy pulled a pair of bowling shoes out from under the counter, nataniel’s name scrawled on a sticky note on one of them. it was a little odd, but not nearly as odd as the fact that when he sat down to put them on, nataniel’s bowling shoes fit perfectly. he couldn’t remember ever giving their anonymous sponsor his shoe size, but they had already known a lot of things about him that nataniel had never told them. he decided not to worry about it.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Killian 01

Postby HauntedMansion » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:31 am

Killian Aurora
He/they - hero - juice manipulation
0 xp - 100hp
Loc: warehouse - tags: Dossie

Aunt Dolly had said to stay out of trouble. By moving to America, Killian had been given a clean slate with the police and a fresh start on life. One filled with mundane charms, like a simple nine to five caring for the creatures he loved most in this world, an occupation that was once wild and unpredictable back in Australia, but you outta leave it to America to make it as simple and boring as possible. That was the positive, he wasn’t in any danger, as long as he didn’t stray out of line, he had a safe job and a safe life. Who would want to jeopardize that?
Well, Apparently, someone random did, someone Killian didn’t even know, maybe, possibly, he wasn’t sure on that part. Someone had left an intriguing message on his computer, outlining a plan that would definitely sound a bit iffy in the eyes of the law. He took time to consider, truly he did. He remembered those same cautionary words from his aunt, the reason he was in the clear from any law enforcement, the reason he can actually live this mundane life, no matter how bloody boring. Though when those were the only arguments his Jiminy cricket could provide, the final decision wasn’t too hard to make.

With a thorough mental apology to his aunt, he drove to the location given to him by the mystery messenger. Parking his truck a good distance away from the building in question, he took a minute to observe the area, managing to spot someone already entering the sketchy, nearly rubble reduced building. Alright, so maybe this was a trap, but his curiosity reminded him that there was only one way to know for sure. Killian existed his vehicle, gaining a confident stride towards this clearly condemned property.
Not wanting to scare whoever was inside, he made his presence pretty apparent, taking a few heavy steps as he entered the building, his boots kicking up dust from the decrepit floor. “G’day, mate! Lovey night for a bit of pilates ey?” Killian greeted cheerfully, tipping his hat upward as he offered a dazzling grin. He had considered a plan B if this meeting ended up being some kind of ploy to jail innocent power users, said genius plan included a very well made poster depicting a free pilates class at this location.
Why no officer, joining a super hero team? How absurd! Why, I’m just as disappointed as you are! However will I get in shape for that charity marathon for blind puppies and sick children? Yup, full proof plan. He even brought a few more flyers to help cover anyone else under the similar circumstance. Ya can’t be too careful.
Last edited by Fawnie on Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image from roleplay post
HauntedMansion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me