⥷ ———— THE LUNAR TRIALS. < wip >

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

⥷ ———— THE LUNAR TRIALS. < wip >

Postby yaksha. » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:50 pm

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

from the scroll of lunar trials, passage 002. and every five years, upon the eve of the new year's first full moon, one lucky soul shall be chosen to ascend to godhood via trials of skill and courage. they shall be magnificent, they shall transcend, and they shall be loved by all. they shall be known as the lunar oracle, and through their power the nation shall grow stronger, unified by their resplendence.
yaksha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⥷ ———— ABOUT.

Postby yaksha. » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:54 pm

the citizens of lumeria can no longer recall a time before the lunar gods existed. the lunar trials have been a part of their lives from the moment they could breathe, growing up in a world that nurtured magical aptitude and otherworldly grace. the highest honor one can receive is ascension to godhood, providing both their family and their village with everlasting prosperity. citizens become eligible for the trials the year they turn sixteen, regardless of when their birthday falls that calendar year, and may participate until the day they join the heavens as stardust. being chosen is a great honor.

the rules have always been absolute, and they have never deviated—until this year, the month of the one hundredth lunar trial. a single lunar oracle becomes four, and the heavens are thrown into disarray as those meant to be immortal are suddenly slain. treachery and deceit are set to tear the skies to pieces and only the new chosen may be able to quell the rising storm.
yaksha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⥷ ———— RULES.

Postby yaksha. » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:16 pm

001. this roleplay will begin at the start of the lunar trials, focusing on the four who will become the lunar oracles. you may only play one main character, meaning you cannot play both a trial character and a mentor. you can, however, play one extra god or one extra participant, for a total of two characters. keep in mind that participant characters will not advance to the lunar sanctum once the trials have finished.
002. lgbt+ characters are welcome & encouraged; hate will not be tolerated.
003. signatures off please, just to keep the thread nice & neat.
004. no minimum word count—quality over quantity is preferred, but please try to give whoever you're replying to something they can work with.
005. real person faceclaims only
006. reserves are fcfs! you will have a week to post your form, then you will receive a gentle reminder. if something is still not up after a week, your reserve will be released.
007. keep in mind that the youngest possible god would currently be twenty-one. gods have access to immortalization, increased healing, teleportation, flight, transformation, and matter creation, with the added bonus of a certain specialty (ex. fire, lightning). they cannot control life or death, however, as these are plot specific powers. they do not typically visit their mortal family and are disallowed from directly meddling with mortal affairs.
yaksha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⥷ ———— THE ROSTER.

Postby yaksha. » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:33 pm

the oracles are those participating in the trials. the mentors are previous winners and current gods
meant to coach them through the process, without directly revealing what they shall be enduring.
other trial participants may take part, but they will not advance. other gods are audience members
and may cause trouble for the mentors or tease the oracles if they get a little bored with watching.

THE ORACLES.

ORACLE ONE. < form >
played by user
ORACLE TWO. < form >
played by user
ORACLE THREE. < form >
played by user
ORACLE FOUR. < form >
played by user
THE MENTORS.

MENTOR ONE. < form >
played by youngjo
MENTOR TWO. < form >
played by user
MENTOR THREE. < form >
played by user
MENTOR FOUR. < form >
played by user
TRIAL PARTICIPANTS

PARTICIPANT ONE. < form >
played by user
PARTICIPANT TWO. < form >
played by user
PARTICIPANT THREE. < form >
played by user
PARTICIPANT FOUR. < form >
played by user
CURRENT GODS

GOD ONE. < form >
played by user
GOD TWO. < form >
played by user
GOD THREE. < form >
played by user
GOD FOUR. < form >
played by user
yaksha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⥷ ———— GENERAL SETTING INFO.

Postby yaksha. » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:44 pm

TIMELINE
DAY 00. a handful of the current gods have descended upon the land of lumeria, gracing the royal palace with their presence. the fairgrounds outside the mighty capitol of solaris are filled with the tents of hopefuls from all over the nation. sign-ups have just opened and the lands are buzzing with excitement. soon it will be time for the one hundredth selection of lunar oracles!

NPCS
CASTOR. the oldest lunar oracle, also known as the god of creation. they see what others cannot.
INNORIA. the second oldest lunar oracle, also known as the goddess of destruction. her hands bring death.

LOCATIONS.
SOLARIS. the main capitol of the land of lumeria. the center is reserved for rich aristocrats while the outer edges boast tradesman, blacksmiths, archivists, and general laborers. restaurants and shops can be found in the south west.
ROYAL COURTYARD. where signups and displays of skill will take place. the castle itself is a foreboding monolith of grey stone, boasting six wings, stables, garden, two kitchens, and a rooftop observatory.
LUNAR SANCTUM. currently accessible only to the gods, it is where the lunar oracles will be taken to complete their training following the trials. it exists in a pocket dimension and is a large building made of white marble, surrounded by sweet flowers.
FAIR GROUNDS. where participants, family, friends, and audience members camp, complete with festivities and plenty of cheer to distract everyone. a market borders the northern edge.
TRIAL GROUNDS. another pocket dimension where the lunar trials will commence. while only accessible by those being tested, everyone in the stands will be allowed to watch via power from the current gods.
yaksha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me