⋆ manhattan twenty-six ⋆

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

⋆ manhattan twenty-six ⋆

Postby monism » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:23 pm

x
x

one of new york's most well-known boroughs, manhattan has it all
with the empire state building, central park, times square, the chrysler
building and more. among all this chaos, crime runs rampant.
the n.y.p.d makes its best efforts to keep the peace within new york
city, nonetheless corruption continues. in manhattan's twenty six
precinct, investigators and cops work hard to keep their area safe and sound.
x
x
Last edited by monism on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
monism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⋆ rules ⋆

Postby monism » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:52 pm

x
x

╔══════════════╗

rules:

1) all cs rules
2) pm me to reserve,
lasts 2 days
3) characters must
be over 21 years old
4) 2 characters max
5) semi-lit, I'm not
too strict on word
count, a small paragraph
will do!
6) please be active, at
least post once a week

╚═══════════════╝
Last edited by monism on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⋆ characters ⋆

Postby monism » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:25 pm

x
x

characters:

⋆ the captain ⋆ inspecting and overseeing the functions of the detectives
jonah reed ❘ 49 ❘ male ❘ monism

⋆ the sergeant ⋆ criminal and crime scene investigating, overseeing day to day functions, training new detectives
clarence campos ❘ 36 ❘ male ❘ brookhiser

⋆ the detectives (6/6) ⋆ criminal and crime scene investigating
cora thatcher ❘ 26 ❘ female ❘ monism
andre gutierrez ❘ 27 ❘ male ❘ mxsq
michael montgomery ❘ 29 ❘ male ❘ bᵢg ♥ ᵣₑd
archie holmes ❘ 28 ❘ male ❘ Crookedleaf
laura bailey ❘ 31 ❘ female ❘ chevreuil
elliot farwell ❘ 25 ❘ male ❘ axel.

⋆ detectives in training (2/2) ⋆ shadows the sergeant on cases
soleda gonzales ❘ 24 ❘ female ❘ bᵢg ♥ ᵣₑd
toby o'connor ❘ 23 ❘ male ❘ kitkat,,
Last edited by monism on Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 14 times in total.
monism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⋆ case assignments ⋆

Postby monism » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:36 pm

x
x

current case assignments:

⋆ 001 ⋆ Bailey, Farwell ⋆ progress

⋆ 002 ⋆ Campos, Gonzales, O'Connor ⋆ progress

⋆ 003 ⋆ Gutierrez, Montgomery ⋆ progress

⋆ 004 ⋆ Thatcher, Holmes ⋆ progress

Last edited by monism on Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
monism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⋆ closed ⋆

Postby monism » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:27 am

open//closed

discussion thread

cases will be posted on the discussion thread, two detectives per case unless it's the sergeant and the 2 detectives-in-training
pm me to claim a case, or they will be assigned randomly.
monism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⋆ jonah / cora ⋆ one

Postby monism » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:14 pm

x
━━━━ ( Jonah Reed ) ⋆ the captain ⋆ feeling: neutral ⋆ with: -- ⋆
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Jonah was at the precinct before anyone else. It was sort of his thing- he wanted to be the one who unlocks the doors first. This morning was especially pleasant for him, he had woken up to the soft patter of rain against his roof. A pluviophile, he was anxious to get outside. He got comfortable at his desk and turned on a little radio to break the eerie silence. It was times like this Jonah could really relax. He had the assurance that everything was okay in terms of his work. The detectives on the night shift would be finishing up soon enough, ready to report anything that had happened those 8 hours where Jonah had to unfortunately sleep. It wasn't particularly busy, Jonah took out one of his books after conversing with the sergeant on the night shift and began to idly read.

Sometime later, his detectives began to assemble in the bullpen. It was the same routine, he would give them 10 minutes to get settled before being his morning briefings. Jonah was very big on precise repetition, it kept this place alive. He made his way into the briefing room, awaiting his detectives' arrival.

x
x
━━━━ ( Cora Thatcher ) ⋆ detective ⋆ feeling: excited ⋆ with: -- ⋆
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Cora briskly walked through the lobby of the precinct. It was Monday morning, with the beginning of the week brought the beginnings of many cases. She loved working, solving puzzles and meeting a lot of new people. Not to mention the rush that couldn't be matched. Though there were many things she didn't like about it, it was a tough line of work. Still, Cora was unusually chipper this morning. She was returning from a three-week long sabbatical doing some case research up in Maine. Maine was nice but she missed the vivacious demeanor of Manhattan. It was her home, she had lived here for as long as she can remember.

She exited the elevator, noticing the bullpen was already filled with people, many welcoming her back. She set her bag and coat on her chair, smiling at the sight of her desk. "Hey guys!" she exclaimed to some of her coworkers in the briefing room.
monism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

farwell (001)

Postby axel. » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:36 pm

↟ 𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐓 𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋
    -----━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    -----𝐷𝐸𝑇𝐸𝐶𝑇𝐼𝑉𝐸 ; male | twenty-five | loc: briefing room | tags: cora

Light filtered between the cracks of his window curtains, paired with the muffled chirps of birds outside and the not-so-muffled shrills of his cockatiel. Not only was this an indication that it was morning, but that Elliot had also spent the whole night without any rest, having been idly reflecting on previous inquiries while letting time slip by. This was the norm for the detective, who, at this point, was relying a bit too heavily on coffee to get him through the day and couldn't afford to skip out on one cup.

A quick glance at his phone sent him off to start the day, as weary as he was. Good ol' Monday, no sarcasm intended. In fact, Elliot had been looking forward to the start of the week. He loves his job, not as much as his bird of course, but enough so that everyday spent at the precinct was an enjoyable one. Mondays promised new cases, which in turn granted many opportunities to test the wits and problem-solving abilities of him and his coworkers. It was tough, no doubt, but it was also a rewarding experience when done well and right.

With his morning routine out of the way and him clad in his work suit, Elliot made his way to the precinct, stopping by the local cafe on the way to grab himself a cup of his usual; a latte with a double shot of espresso. He was going to crash someday and he knew it, which wouldn't bode quite well when tending to case work. Perhaps it was that sort of inevitable outcome that would make him strive to fix his horrid sleep schedule. One day.

Pushing through the doors of the building, it wasn't long before Elliot arrived in the office. Cora had been the first person he saw once the elevator doors opened, and he noticed that several others were present as well, patiently waiting in the briefing room. His desk wasn't too far, and on his way, he would greet Cora with a small wave of his hand and a smile. "Morning, Cora." If she was on her way to the briefing room by the time he got situated, he would join her, issuing his own chipper greeting to the rest of his peers before drawing his attention back to the other detective. "I can feel the excitement radiating from you," he commented in a lighthearted manner, one brow quirking up just slightly. "How was your trip?" Elliot held a sort of fondness for Cora, and it always uplifted his own mood to see her so content.

Last edited by axel. on Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
axel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⋆ manhattan twenty-six ⋆

Postby Crookedleaf » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:05 am

𝓐𝓻𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓮 𝓗𝓸𝓵𝓶𝓮𝓼
Age: 28xxRole: DetectivexxLocation: briefing roomxxTagged: Everyone
────────────────────────────────────────────────

Archie yawned as he saw sunlight coming through the curtains, distrupting the dust that the floating in the air, just wanting those rays to go away and him just one more hour, but alas it doesn't work that way. "What planet is this again?" He questioned to his empty apartment as he stood up cracking his back before he went on his daily routine of regretting and hating Mondays.

After finally getting ready, Archie poured himself a mug full of what he calls "Monday coffee", which mainly tastes like burnt oil according some people, and he slips on his leather jacket, and walked out his door a small skip to his step. 'I should have gotten up early knowing I forgot my car down at the precinct, I'm going to be at least a few minutes late, Good Ol' Mondays..' Archie pulled his jacket around him tighter as he walked, the breeze chilling his bones, and he takes a sip of his coffee. He actually mondays for the same reasons others do, the new cases that come in, giving him puzzle ones that tricky, but you can normally solve. A smile forms on his face and he walks just a tad bit faster.

Soon enough, he arrives at the office basically throwing his stuff on his desk, causing some of his unfinished paperwork to go flying on his desk. Archie sighs and opens his desk drawer pulling out a box of poptarts, grabbing a pack and his coffee, and he walks into the briefing room, a crooked smile on his tired looking features."Hey guys!" Archie waves in greeting before noticing Cora. "Welcome back!! The precinct wasn't the same without you, Cora."
Crookedleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝙤'𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧 // 𝙞

Postby jacewy » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:40 am

𝙏𝙊𝘽𝙔 𝙊'𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙉𝙊𝙍』▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    detective in training | 23 | where: briefing room | tags: n/a

TOBY HAD WOKEN EARLY THIS MORNING, before his alarm set off. It seemed to him that he was paranoid enough to set an alarm, but always rose before it blared it's tune. Kicking off his sheets, taking his phone from the headboard of his bed. He pulled over a simple shirt tucked into black jeans, squinting into the mirror, Toby made a quick check of any messy appearance before pulling the door shut to his room. As he hastily made his way through his apartment, Toby kept his eyes on his phone, going through sheets and notes he had prepared for Monday and replying to a few people he had forgotten to text back during the weekend. Slipping into his shoes, he promised himself he'd pick up something to eat on the way. Pocketing his phone and patting down his bag to ensure nothing was forgotten, he locked his apartment door and made his way to his car, eventually starting his drive to the station.

When Toby opened the doors of the department, he noticed that already several people had arrived before him. Toby lay his bag and coffee cup on top his desk. Taking a quick sip from the piping hot drink, Toby headed towards the briefing room for the morning, and the current cases. He noticed Farwell and Thatcher were already there and sparking up conversation, with Holmes joining in. Hugging himself, he made his way to the front of the briefing room to take a seat.
Last edited by jacewy on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
jacewy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

1 - andre and the terrible, no good, very bad morning

Postby sapphic psychic » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:03 am

𝔸ℕ𝔻ℝ𝔼 𝔾𝕌𝕋𝕀𝔼ℝℝ𝔼ℤ
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

To be quite honest with you, Andre hated the mornings. He was always grumpy, even with coffee, and his cat, Maestro always woke him up by sitting in the middle of his chest. Andre loved the feline, but it just made for a very difficult morning routine. He would always stumble into the kitchen, blindly make a cup of coffee (this morning he spilled it on his pants, so he had to go get changed) and then get to the precinct a few minutes later: in a bad mood. He loved his job, no doubt, but there were some days he would just want to stay in bed.

When Andre wandered into the precinct today, there were already a handful of detectives chatting up a storm. He didn't really understand how they were always in such a good mood, but he supposed it wasn't a bad thing. Better than walking around grumpy all morning. He wished he could be as chipper as they all were, but he wasn't. Usually he'd try and join the conversation, but this morning he just wanted to enjoy his coffee for the second time without spilling it hopefully. The man stood a little ways from the group to sip at his drink, but allowed himself to eavesdrop a little bit so he wouldn't too feel left out.
sapphic psychic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me