♛ // scandal (open and accepting)

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

♛ // scandal (open and accepting)

Postby aurora.borealis » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:31 am

ImageThe year is 1912, London is covered in rot, muck and poverty, lower class citizens are screaming out after reading about the horrific events that occurred on the freshly sunken Titanic, and change is brewing like a storm in the atmosphere.

However some families live happily unaware of these tragedies that occur on a daily basis, their lives seemingly unaffected by poverty, or scandal - though they're often affected by one or the other. I refer to the upper class: those who sleep on plush mattresses, have staff to perform a multitude of everyday tasks for them and are often idolised by those in the classes below them. Our story focuses on two of the wealthiest families in Britain, supposedly, both of whom are now brought together by a proposed marriage. What each family is unaware of, is that they are wrought with secrets and lies - haunted by mistakes they have made in the past, which now seem to be hunting them down with the intent of revenge.
Last edited by aurora.borealis on Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
aurora.borealis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ // basic plot

Postby aurora.borealis » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:33 am

Set in the early 1900's, this roleplay focuses the scandals of two upper class families, and will eventually lead to tackling events such as the World Wars, developments made in the medical industry and the impact they had on the lives of these people. Each character will have a secret - a burden to bear. Whether they choose to share that during the development of the roleplay or not, is up to you, but some secrets will be brought to light quite harshly, no matter how well they are hidden (so be prepared for tonnes of drama). The families are about to start living together on the back of the engagement between the youngest Hudson daughter, and the Chadwick's eldest son. The Chadwick family will be moving into the Hudson home, taking along a few members of their staff.
Last edited by aurora.borealis on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aurora.borealis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ // rules

Postby aurora.borealis » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:35 am

O N E ;; Please be appreciative of the fact that
everybody has different things going on in their day to day
lives. Though I do expect frequent responses, please be
patient with those who are busy. I expect one post every 3
days.

T H R E E ;; Please don't create a Gary or Mary Sue. It
is immensely irritating to other roleplayers if one user's
characters seem to constantly be the center of all dramas.

F I V E ;; Decent grammar, spelling and punctuation
are expected.
T W O ;; Please only create two characters, as for now they
are limited - though this may change in the future.

F O U R ;; Forms must be eligible. If you're unsure
of whether this requirement is fulfilled, inbox me, I'd be
pleased to help. Please turn signatures off, just to keep
the thread tidy c:

S I X ;; Please post all discussion and forms in the
discussion and forms thread. OOC should all be
friendly, and I hope that we can have loads of fun in this
roleplay c:

I suppose by now, you all know that Tess and Nick's rules are also to be regarded - meaning that this roleplay should not contain romance over a PG-13 rating, and if it gets to that point, you should fade to black. Also, violence shouldn't get too gory or intense. However, these two things are seriously encouraged in this roleplay, as they're known to fuel drama c:
Last edited by aurora.borealis on Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
aurora.borealis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ // the wealthy

Postby aurora.borealis » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:43 am

T H E - H U D S O N S
--------------------------------------------------------------

T H E - W I F E
Name
Aged 50-60
Scandal;; Fired the old maid for theft of money from her husband's
drawers - it was in fact she, who was stealing the money, as she
plans to flee the country.
User
T H E - H U S B A N D
Nathaniel Hudson
Scandal;; Claiming that he has to work at his factory down in the
city late at night, the head of the family actually spends most of
his nights betting away the family's' riches at a bar.
Played By;;
T H E - E L D E S T - D A U G H T E R
Elizabeth Hudson
Scandal;; This young lady has often been sighted among the worst
of London's kind. She's rumoured to have slept with almost all of
them.
peppersdots
T H E - Y O U N G E S T - D A U G H T E R
Maddison 'Maddie' Hudson
Scandal;; She is betrothed to the eldest son of the Chadwick family,
yet she has often been sighted sneaking out of the house to meet
with a mystery man.
aurora
T H E - O N L Y - S O N
Joseph Hudson
Scandal;; He has chosen that he no longer wishes to take over
his father's work, and instead wants to become a doctor, or
a merchant of sorts.
memichoo
T H E - C H A D W I C K S

T H E - W I D O W
Cyra Elizabeth Chadwick
Scandal;; Left alone with her husband's estate, this woman has
been devastated to find that he has left her nothing but debt.
The Evil Queen
T H E - E L D E S T - S O N
William Charles Chadwick
Aged 21 - 24
Scandal;; Though it is now his responsibility to care for his family,
it has been said that he is abusive, and careless about the others.
Supposedly he has committed a great crime.
mcree
T H E - Y O U N G E S T - S O N
Name
Aged 19 - 21
Scandal;; Rumour has it that although he's the golden child of the family,
he has a severe problem with drink. It is speculated that he is the father
of an unborn baby - not that he knows this of course.
k.howard
T H E - N E G L E C T E D - C O U S I N
Viana Lilith Chadwick
Scandal;; Disowned by her real parents, this little lady has been forced to
move in with her aunt whilst she tries to redeem herself from a scandal that
she didn't truly cause.
The Evil Queen
T H E - F O R G O T T E N - W I F E
Antoinette Tiffany Belle-Chadwick
Scandal;; Married to the Chadwick's youngest son, it is rumoured that she
cannot carry his child, and so she is treated like a member of the staff.
valkyrie,
Last edited by aurora.borealis on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:18 am, edited 10 times in total.
aurora.borealis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ // staff

Postby aurora.borealis » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:49 am

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
T H E - H O U S E K E E P E R
Name
Aged 19 - 25
Scandal;; Rumour has it that this lower class lady has fallen deeply
in love with the young master of the house.
kim
----------------------------------------------------------------
T H E - H E A D - H O U S E M A I D
Calle Masie Florence
Scandal;; The last time that the Chadwick's came to visit, she got
drunk with the youngest son. 3 months on, she's come to the
realisation that she's pregnant - and he's the father.
GHXSTLY
T H E - H O U S E M A I D
Marisole Virginia Zaidee
Scandal;; Supposedly this woman wasn't always working class.
Apparently she only ended up working as a maid due to her family's
financial standings changing from drastically wealthy, to..not so
wealthy.
valkyrie,
T H E - H O U S E - C H E F
Name
Aged 20 - 30
Scandal;; Has her suspicions about the Lady of the House, and the
way in which she so suddenly fired the previous housemaid. Plans to
blackmail the Lady with this information, once she has discovered
more of course.
User
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
T H E - B U T L E R
Name
Aged 19 - 25
Scandal;; Has been plotting to murder the Lady of the House since
she got his wife fired from her job. He believes this ultimately led
to her death.
User
T H E - F I R S T - F O O T M A N
Rhett Wilkes
Scandal;; The man is actually a part of the uprising brewing in the
lower class. The only reason he chooses to work for the Hudson's is
so he can get intel on the wealthier families of London.
Amsterdam.
T H E - N A I V E - H A L L B O Y
James Italy Hollister
Scandal;; Rumour has it that this sweetheart has fallen for the
Hudson's youngest daughter, and meets her in the dark of the night.
moth
T H E - C O A C H M A N
Name
Aged 20 - 30
Scandal;; He is supposedly in cohoots with the Lady of the House,
and plans to join her on her escape to a far away country. However,
he has loyalties that lie with the lower class, meaning that he might
just sell her out - for the right price of course.
User
Last edited by aurora.borealis on Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:20 am, edited 6 times in total.
aurora.borealis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ // notices

Postby aurora.borealis » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:56 am

Image16/02/19- Now open and accepting,
aurora.borealis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ // timeskip 1

Postby aurora.borealis » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:21 am

╔════════════════════════╗
The coming together of two families can be daunting - especially if they're
coming together on the back of an engagement. Though the Chadwicks and
Hudsons have worked together since what seems to be the beginning of
time, the last time they saw each other was at the funeral of Henry
Chadwick, who died under mysterious circumstances 3 months ago. The staff
have been abuzz trying to get every room spick and span, and the table had
been laid with extra place settings. The Chadwicks are due to arrive a little
after 11AM, and it's expected that every member of the household will be
outside to greet them. Regardless of whether there's a blizzard or not.

NOTES
The families have met before, but that doesn't mean they really like each
other, or know each other very well at all.
Some of the staff will have come with the Chadwicks from their home, and
will stay with the Hudsons until their masters move back home.
It's common for the men to excuse themselves and leave the ladies to chat -
ew.
Everyone should be outside to meet the Chadwicks.

╚════════════════════════╝
aurora.borealis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ // maddie

Postby aurora.borealis » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:03 pm

M A D D I E
      ───────────────────────────────────────────
      ( family: hudson ) ( location: outside the manor ) ( tagged: liz ) ( mention: james )
        The Hudson's youngest daughter had hardly slept a wink the night before the Chadwicks were due to arrive. The last time she had seen the other family was at the funeral of Henry Chadwick, who had been relatively pally with her father as far as she was aware. Since then she had heard plenty of rumours about her husband to be, and the type of person that he'd become. If she was truthful, the thought of him made her nervous, hence her inability to sleep.

She had spent the early hours of the morning cooped up with James, talking about all sorts of random crap, nursing a whiskey and laughing until she cried. When she woke in the morning, her head was mildly groggy and though the house was warm, she was shivering. One of the maids came in and informed her that her bath had been drawn and with a weary nod to say she was coming, Maddie followed her to her ensuite. Soaking into the warm water, she let out a sigh, rubbing her face and avoiding getting her hair wet.

Getting out gingerly, the brunette steadied herself on the sink as her head spun. Looking at her reflection, her vision blurred and she shut her eyes tightly to try and regain control. The last thing she needed was to be getting ill and she cursed herself for not picking up a jacket on her way to meet James last night. She heard a knock on the door, and a voice called out, asking whether she was okay and whether she needed assistance. "No no, I'm quite alright thank you, I'm sure you have enough to do without dressing me, I'll see to myself." Maddie called back in an attempt to reassure whoever was in her bedroom. Hearing footsteps that seemed to be heading out of the room in a hurry, she figured that her response had been exactly what the person she had been talking to had wanted to hear.

Shaking her head to pull herself together, she walked over to the rail, pulled on a robe and walked back out into her room. Seeing that some clothes had been left for her, Maddie pulled on a long, dusty pink skirt and and a high necked white blouse which had flowers embroidered up the sleeves. Sliding on her heels, she looked to a nearby clock and almost shrieked in panic. Her hand flew to her head as it pounded once more and the girl cringed.

Time always seemed to get away from her and it now seemed she only had 10 minutes to eat something and get downstairs before their guests were due to arrive. Taking one last look in a mirror, she pulled on a cloak and applied some balm to her lips. Spotting that somebody had left a plate of fruit on her side table, she allowed herself a small smile of relief.

Picking up a handful of strawberries, the girl made her way downstairs, greeting various people as she passed. Spotting Liz, she rushed over and held out her hand, "Breakfast? How are you feeling?"

aurora.borealis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ── ❝ тнє σиℓу ѕσи ❞ // 0 0 1

Postby memichoo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:16 am

×J O S E P H××H U D S O N
    ───────────────────────────────────────────
    male | twenty-two | loc. outside the manor | mentions. chadwicks
    ×---tags. maddie ; lizzie

Joseph had slept as restlessly as he suspected the rest of the household did. He had tossed and turned throughout the night, his mind whirring with scenarios of today. Staring into the mirror now, he saw, with a wince, the consequences; his normally neat hair was ruffled and loose, dark curls framing his pale face. Instead of attempting to tackle that situation, he chose to take a bath that had been drawn shortly before he fully awoke. The warm water was soothing upon his skin and did wonders for his tangled hair. He allowed himself approximately seven minutes to relax and wake up before draining the tub and stepping out onto the soft rug decorating the floor.

Snatching a nearby robe to protect himself from the cool air, he headed back to his bedroom. He had already chosen the outfit he would wear today, which consisted of a white collared shirt, a maroon vest, and a dark sack suit paired with matching trousers. It was simple enough that he wouldn't appear overly extravagant but neat as to give a good impression. Besides, maroon was a lovely color that he was rather fond of. Making quick work of his clothing, he returned to the mirror he had previously avoided and peered into it, using a slender comb to smooth back the curls. They complied easily now that they were damp, much to his relief. Satisfied with his appearance, he slipped on some black dress shoes and headed downstairs to the dining room.

Nervousness crept in on him like a hungry wolf but he schooled his expression into a pleasant one as he walked through the hallways. He didn't have much of an appetite this morning but figured that eating something would most likely soothe his nerves. Uninterested in a formal breakfast, he snatched a piece of toasted bread out of a basket adorning the table, much to a nearby servant's disapproval. He didn't care; it tasted just fine without any butter or jam. Besides, the time was drawing near where the Chadwicks would arrive and his father had given them precise instructions to be there when they did. It was the last thing he wanted to do, but he knew it was necessary; if the sole heir missed the arrival of their guests, it would send a troublesome message. Especially since this was suppose to represent a coming together of the two families.

As he bit into his toast, he spotted his two sisters conversing with each other. Much to his amusement, he noticed Maddie holding a handful of strawberries. She had never been careful with time and he figured that she was running behind in her schedule. He couldn't begin to guess how she was feeling; he himself didn't know how he would feel if he were to meet his future wife today. The Chadwicks were no strangers to his family- they had been working together for longer than even his grandfather's time- but he didn't know them intimately. He hoped, on his younger sister's behalf, that they were a genuinely welcoming family. Shaking his thoughts away with a soft sigh, he headed towards his two sisters. "Maddie, excited I hope? It's a big day for you," he said as a greeting, offering her a supporting smile.

memichoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ // cyra | the widow

Postby The Evil Queen » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:28 pm

♔ CYRA CHADWICK
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    [ t h e Xw i d o w ]
    [ location: on the way to the hudsons' house ] [ mentioned: william, maddie ] [ tagged: - ]

Piercing blue eyes glare out the window, at the vast snow covered landscape. You would think the snow had personally wronged the aloof woman. Uncrossing one arm, her fingers reach up to gently touch the tip of her necklace. Her thumb slowly runs along it's rounded edges. The cool, familiar feel on her fingertips helps keep her anxious thoughts at bay. High heels tap steadily against the floor of the car.

Her eldest was to be married soon. The woman's gaze softens as a small sigh escapes her lips. Choosing to focus on a faraway tree, she tries to keep herself distracted. Desperately trying to focus on anything but her worries, she fails as her thoughts drift back to her son's upcoming marriage. Marriage. What a joke. You spend your life trying your best to keep your husband happy and keep the kids from killing each other, and what do you have to show for it? A dead husband and a mountain of debt. You don’t marry for love, Cyra. . She could still hear her mother’s righteous tone. Cyra mentally scoffs at the thought. Now, she wasn’t even sure that kind of love exists. Of course, she’d loved her late husband. She cared about Henry deeply, and over the years he’d become her best friend. Was he the love of her life? Absolutely not. But what they had was always enough for Cyra. The woman had a good life and she wasn’t foolish enough to wish for anything more than that. Yet she found herself wanting more for William. He deserved to be with someone who loved him, and Cyra could only hope Maddie could give him that.

Her aching head wouldn't allow her to look out the window much longer. Closing her eyes, she focuses on the feel of the necklace in her hand. It was the only piece of jewelry she'd allowed herself to keep, aside from a simple pair of ear rings and her wedding ring. The rest had been sold in an attempt to pay off a portion of her husband's debt. It was one symbol of power she still had. Her eyes fluttered open, greeted by harsh light bouncing off the snow.

Squinting at the window, her reflection stared back at her. This was a vastly different woman from the one in her mirror early this morning. Tired eyes had fought to stay open, her slouching shoulders leaned against the wall. Honey blonde hair stuck up in every direction as she ran cool water over her face. Looking back up, she'd scowled at her unseemly appearance. Every bone in her body ached after another restless night. She'd always had trouble getting and staying asleep, even as a young girl. Ignoring her need for more sleep, she'd slowly gotten ready for the day.

The strong woman staring back at her now was the image she wanted everyone else to see. Her eyes relaxed yet they still had a hardened look to them. Her clenched jaw gave her usually soft features a stern appearance. Not a strand of hair was out of place. The woman's arms are placed tightly against her sides and posture is perfectly straight. Appearances mattered a great deal to Cyra, who was always conscious of the image she projected to the world. This was an image that made her proud, unlike the woman in the mirror each morning.
The Evil Queen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me