☆ --- long may she reign '

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

☆ --- long may she reign '

Postby `sappho » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:48 am

(this rp is loosely based on the show reign)
xxxfor many years, the kingdoms of aristel and lurks have been rivals but they
have finally found a common enemy. now that a new king, king rolan, has risen
to the ryeain throne, he had begun to attack outposts of both the kingdoms. one
of the outpost happened to be harboring the aristeli king when it was burned
to the ground. the king was lost in the fire and his heir, the young princess ophelia,
has risen to the throne. the kingdom broke into civil war, one side backing the
princess's claim to the throne and the other wanting her uncle, lord becham, to
take the throne. to ensure the princess's safety, she has been smuggled away
to lurkian court and has become betrothed to the crown prince of lurks.
`sappho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ --- rules '

Postby `sappho » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:53 pm

i. all tess rules apply. ii. if you want to join this rp, you do not have to have seen reign,
this is just slightly based off of the show. iii. you must be able to write at least 300 words
each post and you need to send me an example of your posts over pm before you can
apply. iv. please pm me a reservation before you post a form for your character, reservations
will last one day. v. please reserve a place for you relations as well as your form on the
discussion thread. vi. remove your signature from all posts. xii. for now, you may only play
one character. viii. post all of your forms on the discussion thread.
Last edited by `sappho on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
`sappho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ --- the cast '

Postby `sappho » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:32 pm

ophelia asetra
the young queen | female | 19 | pearl

ophelia is a strong-willed and outspoken
young queen. she is too stubborn for her own
good but now with the civil war in aristel, she
is starting to understand that she needs to do
what is best for her people, which is why she
is going along with marrying the crown prince.
xxx
katherine starr
the servant | female | 21 | crazy-in-wonderland

this woman is very caring and shy. she is loyal
to the queen and has been by her side since
they were both very young. recently rumors
have been spreading that she might be the
illegitimate child of the previous king of aristel,
and thus the sister of ophelia and, possibly, the
rightful heir to the throne.
morgana larkin
the princess | female | 17 | feather_light_flight

this young princess is very eloquent and values
her kingdom over every thing. when her mother
and father brought the new aristeli queen, she
strong opposed the decision. she believes that
this will bring more deaths into lurks and will
do anything she can to make the new queen
leave and return to her war-torn kingdom.

dustin larkin
the crown prince | male | 21 | doe .

ever since he was young, the prince has been
trained to become the next king of lurks but
some don't see him as a good fit as he values
a treaty of peace between aristel and lurks
more than lurks defeating the other kingdom.
he is extremely supportive of the young queen,
hoping that a marriage between them will
bring peace to both of their kingdoms.
issac connelly
the knight | male | 22 | dayman.

this man is extremely loyal to the crown
prince but also values lurks over everything.
he is very sharp-tongued and strong-willed.
recently, he has become infatuated with the
queen's personal servant and hopes that he
can persuade her to court or marry him.
adrian debeu
the suitor | male | 18 | Keating

this man is a young lord who hopes to be wed
to the princess. he shares the same views that
the queen shouldn't be brought into their kingdom
and thinks it will cause their kingdom to be
damaged. some say he is secretly a ryeain spy
but no one is quite sure of that is true or not.
Last edited by `sappho on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 39 times in total.
`sappho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ --- now accepting '

Postby `sappho » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:43 am

OPEN / CLOSED

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ --- one '

Postby `sappho » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:35 am

xOPHELIA x ASETRAx
the queen of arstel - nineteen years old - female - mentions: katherine - tags: open

xxxthe queen of arstel. that was something ophelia never thought she would be called. if ever, then she didn't think it would happen so soon. she could hardly believe what had happened in just around a week. a brigade from ryea had attacked an outpost on the coast and burned it, along with father, to the ground. in just a few hours, she had become the queen, being the king's oldest child. only three days later, she had to leave her kingdom. arstel had broken into civil war, half of her people wanted to keep her on the throne and the other half thought that a man should be put on the throne, specifically, her uncle, lord becham. now, she was in lurkian court and was betrothed to the crown prince of lurks. this was the best way to ensure that she would be kept on her throne. if she could marry the crown prince and promise an heir to her country, more nobles would back her rightful claim to the throne as her uncle wasn't married and he had no legitimate children.

xxxophelia closed her brown eyes for just a moment, wanting to savor her last moment in bed until night fell. she didn't really know where her servant, katherine was but she wasn't going to worry about it. unlike some royals and nobles, she didn't want to limit her servant to do whatever she wanted her to do. she didn't even really think of katherine has her servant. she thought of the woman as a part of her family.

xxxthe young queen pushed herself off of her silk sheets and out from under her down covers before changing into a beautiful red dress that had a darker red lace running across the dress in the pattern of roses. she brushed her long brown hair, weaving two small braids into either side of her head before pulling them together in the back of her head. she then slid her diamond tiara on her head and walked down the long halls of the castle until she made it to the dining room, where breakfast we being held. "her majesty, queen ophelia," the caller announced as she walked into the room.
`sappho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☆ --- long may she reign '

Postby crazy-in-wonderland » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:57 am

Katherine Starr| twenty one years old| tags; Ophelia

Katherine had a hard time getting out of bed in the mornings, mostly because she was exhausted and stiff all over. She loved her Queen and tried her best to serve her well, maybe too well. She did everything in her power to make her life easier after all moving to a new country when her own was in a civil war. It took a toll on them both. Kitty remembered being with the Queen all her life, she remembered every mile Stone they took together and though Kitty didn’t know if Ophelia felt the same way but she felt as though they were as close as sisters.

Kitty rose from her bed and began to dress. Her clothes were simple, a white blouse and black trousers. Her pulled her ginger hair into a plait as she stepped out of her room and into the corridor. She walked a few paces to Ophelia’s room and tapped on the door, “ Your majesty? It’s time to wake up, you wouldn’t want to be late for breakfast.” She spoke as she entered the room.

Katherine was surprised to find the young Queen out of bed and already left her room. Kitty knew she would have gone to breakfast by now and so she followed suit. Entering the dining hall she slipped in behind Ophelia and stood against the wall observing. She knew she shouldn’t talk to Ophelia in a casual manner, she would only speak when spoken too when in the public eye. She gazed at her friend and noticed that her beautiful dress. The pattern was simple yet it looked amazing on her. Katherine gazed around the room at the royals.
crazy-in-wonderland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feather_light_flight » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:59 pm

↠ Morgana Larkin
× princess of lurks × seventeen × tagged- Kitty, Ophelia × location- dining hall > library ×

Morgana was an early riser, ever prepared to face her royal duties day by day. Rising with the sun- as she had instructed her hand maiden to wake her every day- the girl dressed herself in a simple robe over her night clothes, and departed the castle walls to walk the grounds. It was her routine. Every morning she'd explore the earthen surroundings of the palace by her self, taking that sweet, peaceful time to relax and prepare for the day ahead of her. Only after the sun had fully risen into the sky did Morgana return to her chambers and dress for the day, shedding her night robe and gown, and eyeing the gown that had been selected for her that day. Once it was deemed acceptable, Morgana allowed herself to be dressed. Full slips, and a corset as tight as it could be, and then the many layers of the gown were draped over her until the ensemble was together. The skirt was a sweeping array of light satins layered over each other in soft waves. Matched with a low cut bodice that matched the strapless lines of her corset. The entire gown was a rich shade of gold, and it complimented Morgana's dark hair and bright eyes.

Leaving her short hair curled around her shoulders, and adding an elegant necklace of citrines and delicate gold chains, Morgana steeled herself with a breathe, and left the safety of her chambers to face her role as princess. It was a short walk to the dining hall, and not a lonely one, as Morgana was accompanied by a chambermaid and two guards, and the princess was pleasantly surprised to find Ophelia already seated and preparing to enjoy a meal. At least the Queen wasn't tardy, that much could be said.

Waving off the seat that one servant pulled out for her across from the Queen, Morgana murmured a thanks, and took a sip of the sweet juice that had been held before her in a goblet. Her intense, hazel gaze rested on the queen for a moment, taking in the young servant girl standing behind her and the elegant gown draped across Ophelia's figure, before offering a cool, formal smile.
    "Good morning Ophelia." Still standing, Morgana meandered over to the center of the table, and plucked a fresh apple from the basket, turning it over in her hand thoughtfully. "And good day. If you do require anything, don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy your meal."
    The words were a mere formality, but they were spoken with all the calculated control required of a royal host. With a delicate half-curtsy Morgana strolled out of the room once more, tossing her apple leisurely in the air.

It was rare for the Princess to eat breakfast in the dining hall, normally she would go out into the court market and socialize with the citizens selling their wares. This particular morning though, she wasn't particularly hungry, so she figured she would simply select a book from the library and enjoy a quiet morning reading. Taking a bite of her fruit, Morgana savored the sweet taste for a moment before turning the corner and heading down the hall to the library, skirts swishing along the tile as she went.
feather_light_flight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feather_light_flight » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:14 pm

↠ Morgana Larkin
× princess of lurks × seventeen × tagged- Adrian × location- library ×

The cool princess's gaze was captured as soon as she entered the library by Adrian, a man well known among court for his charm and mannerisms, as well as his steadfast determination to court Morgana. As soon as the young royal had swept her skirts into the room, the man was on his feet, harrying to smooth out the wrinkles in his clothes and the stray hairs that had come to rest across his forehead. Morgana stood tall, framed by her maid and guards as the man approached, querying her presence at such an early hour, and very clearly flustered at being caught unawares in the company of the princess. The thought brought a small smile to Morgana's lips, a delicate thing that dimpled one cheek ever so slightly and pulled her normally pouting lips inwards to themselves.

"Good morning Adrian. You have permission to address me by my first name." Another formality. Morgana did not dislike her suitors so much as she didn't mind them. Aside from that, Morgana rarely ever insisted that anyone call her by anything but her first name, despising the rift such formalities could cause. "As for your question, I deigned to enjoy the morning hours reading a bit before I have to attend to royal duties. Please don't allow me to disturb you or your work." The girl's eyes flickered over to the book that he had obviously been pouring over, hazel gaze taking in the cover for a second before refocusing with startling intensity on the young gentleman. A soft hum emanated from her jewel clad throat before the girl's attention flitted to the bookshelves and she was moving past the suitor with all the grace and poise of a trained royal. Selecting a volume on ancient societies, Morgana breezed to a chaise lounge near the window, perching with politeness and opening her book with nary another word.

It wasn't that she particularly disliked Adrian, but she found that his cocksure attitude about his position, and the many traits he had picked up from his life style irked her. He wasn't necessarily impolite, and he certainly wasn't hard to look at, but the man's determination to woo the girl didn't match her interest in marriage one bit. She supposed she could be fine marrying him, but that was not a thought she needed to entertain, so she didn't.
feather_light_flight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-- post one

Postby landogate » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:38 pm

DUSTIN LAR KIN
      dust ;; cismale ;; twenty one ;; crown prince of lurks
      ;; location - breakfast ;; tags - ophelia, mentions
      katherine

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

dustin hadn't slept the night before. he tossed and turned and in the morning he found a small pool of drool on his pillow. he would have to get that under control before he married queen ophelia. when the crown prince was fully awake he found it easy to get out of bed with the promise of good food before a long day in court.

larkin would see most of his personal acquaintances at breakfast, including the young queen and her servant girl katherine. dressed in a sharp maroon tunic with small golden patterns adorning the collar. he wore matching pants and dark boots. he was lucky to not have dark circles appearing under his eyes this morning, as they had become a regular for the young prince. before leaving he brought his crown to his head and sat it comfortably on it.

when dustin left his room his bed was still unmade, he'd come back and fix it later if he got out of court before dinner - that's if one of the lurks servants didn't come and do it before then for him. dustin almost insisted that his and his sister servants didn't do their job because he didn't feel that they needed to do anything and everything for him, at least in his mind.

the young man's boots clopped on the floor underneath, getting a few of the guards to look up at who was coming. all bowed, a customary action. the large doors leading to the dining hall were opened as if on queue and opened to a large room. a buzz of talking hit his ears first before he was able to see anyone he could greet. the announcer called out his royal title and dustin nodded his head to the man that read out royal and noble names when they entered.

who he spotted first was ophelia. she stood in a colony of people with an elegant red dress on. a good place to start would be for his betrothed. dustin made his way over to her, the crowds splitting as their future king began to walk. the aroma of the food being served was enough to make his mouth water. dustin found the arestali queen with her servant, katherina. "good morning your majesty," dustin bowed first to his bethrothed before doing the same for starr. "good morning to you too, ma'dam starr."
landogate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ --- the knight post i

Postby guh-huh! » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:21 am

⚔ ( ISSAC CONNELLY! )

──────── THE KNIGHT ────────────────────────
    ( gender. male )─( allegiance. kingdom of lurks )─( location. dining hall )─( tagged. x )

xxxissac had certain exceptions when it came to the morning. that he would be half-dead, beyond hungry, and having a stabbing pain in his back. the knight is currently tucked into the furthest corner of the bed; he's managed to collect each respective blanket that was given to him and has wrapped himself into a cocoon of misery and exhaustion. the night prior was chaos for the knight, excessively training new recruits for the almost inevitable warfare with the ryeain kingdom. issac could only spar for so long without growing exhausted, but it was for a necessary cause. especially with the newcomers from astriel, guards and knights had to be prepared for anything to happen. issac pulled himself into an upright position, jaws parting in a wide yawn before snapping shut almost automatically. it was going to be a long day again.

xxxrunning a hand through his hair, issac determined that it was time to get ready for the day ahead. it wouldn't be long before the knight had to return to his duties, guarding the kingdom and keeping watch over the borders. only a few times has he caught sight of the ryeain enemy, but it still was enough to make sleep restless. however, maybe today was going to be a good day for lurks. after all, the new queen seemed charming enough. and maybe, if he was lucky, he'd have time to talk with the queen's servant, whom seemed to have been plaguing his thoughts recently. he didn't know why he so suddenly has become enthralled with the shy katherine, but issac couldn't help but try to win over her attention. there was something about her that just made him overwhelmed with emotion.

xxxshoving his apprehensions down into his chest, issac made his way to the dining hall. the crowds of servants and guards around the scene was overwhelming to say the least, everyone trying to please the king and queen before their marriage. while the knight knew he wasn't to dine with the royals, he bowed alongside the others and hastily made his way to a more desolate area to eat breakfast before heading out to his daily duties.
guh-huh!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me