open!! High-Tech Lowlife (a cyberpunk Adventure)

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

open!! High-Tech Lowlife (a cyberpunk Adventure)

Postby Common_Oddity » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:12 pm

DIscussion thread: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3343695

====Image

The world has changed much. Large, isolated cities are the main places of inhabitance, surrounded by endless wasteland, patches of struggling forest, or water.
You live in one such city, known as Peregrine. The neighboring cities are nearly a week's journey away by hoverboard, or four days by train, although there would be little reason for you to leave your home city. To traverse the miles of wasteland between here and there would be of little benefit, after all. Besides, Peregrine is as much of a high-tech paradise as anywhere else, so why go? Since striking out on your own at fifteen, as is the norm, your life has been a fast paced blur of life and energy. A new home, plenty of people, any technological advancement you could possibly want, and best of all, very few rules. This new world little need of them. While law enforcement remains, their use seems to you and most, unimportant.

However, this new life is beginning to show flickering darkness on the edges. When the whole city runs so dependently on technology and social media, it's very inner workings running on the same frame that powers your many appliances, small bugs can be trouble.
And trouble is just what seems to be prowling in the dark corners of the internet.
A cyber gang has cropped up, and none know what they are after. Renegade punks, seeking no more than the destruction of your world? Anarchists, detesting the order and calm of the system? Self-appointed vigilantes, aiming to free you from the clutches of technological enslavement?

That, so far, seems to be a matter of opinion. All that is fully known about them is they have been wreaking havoc in the city, causing system crashes, invading main frames and holoware, and displaying their message across message boards, all under the embellished symbol of a black dragon, it's body built of circuitry and it's wings constructed of code.

Where do you stand in all this? Are you but an innocent bystander, coping with the changes in the lifestyle you are so used to? A sympathetic to the cause of the rebels? One of the many groups of police, privet investigators, or everyday persons trying to crack the case?

Or, do you yourself stand under the banner of the circuited firedrake, risking your life recklessly and fighting for your cause?

layout by mustang.moons
Last edited by Common_Oddity on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Common_Oddity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Order of Things

Postby Common_Oddity » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:00 am

D.R.A.G.O.N.S.-F.I.R.E

Digital Referencing Agency of Government Observation and New Science- Forging Intelligent Reasoning Everywhere

A complex network that runs the city, as well as the name of the collective group of people who guide and code it, along with it's security. The science and technology that has built up the city sense the world's downfall was run by one company, and this company sold their products and eventually used their vast knowledge to rise in a fallen world, join forces with the struggling government, and as thus, the system was born. It's currency is a merit system, revolving around reputation and quality of work, and it takes great care of the citizens of each city. Human's long lasting dream of flight has been finally fed with the perfection of hovering technology, and hoverboards are a common sight. Obesity and food allergies are no longer an issue, as each citizen's diet is tailored perfectly to their specific dietary needs. The home is furnished sparingly, but holograms can cause it to appear extravagant. Who could possibly dislike such a thing? And what does it take to run such a vast network?

Image---

[center]INNER-WORKINGS OFFICER

These people help run D.R.A.G.O.N.S.F.I.R.E, the system that runs the city. It is a mainframe of complex networking, and everything runs on it. As such, the inner workers have many complex jobs. Some code, some guard, still others design. It is a creative and innovative field, filled with great minds. However, it comes with a great risk. Those of higher esteem, and who are trusted with access to the mainframe or government secrets are micro-chipped, the chip wired into their nervous system and brain. In the event of secrets being told, the microchip is activated, first it disables the speech centers of the brain. After that, it begins spreading a metallic ion toxin, targeting the spine and central nervous system, along with an electric current, leaving the coder a vegetable. This is unstoppable,unless with special clearance.

Includes: coding, engineering, government officials, programming, hover tec maintenance, inventor. Tell me if you have other ideas for jobs within this category.

Recommended skills- Technology, mechanical, academic

[center]CITY SECURITY OFFICER

This includes the city's police force and security teams. These brave citizens patrol the streets, monitor online activity, mind firefighting and hospitals, and do detective work. Most recently, many in these fields are also dedicating their time to capturing members of Dragonsbane. People who go into these fields usually receive enhancements upon completing training and throughout their lives, affecting the muscles, the brain, and other internal organs, making them swifter, more intelligent, etc. They are completely unaware of these changes made to their bodies, as they are subtle, and most give the credit to their training.

Includes: Police, drone operators, special forces, firefighters, doctors, privet investigators. Inform me of ideas

Recommend skills- social, technical, physical, academic

Image---
[center]BASIC CITIZEN

The main body of the city. All class dividers have long since been removed, and all manner of jobs are available to the citizens of the city. Children are considered adults at the age of fifteen and are permitted to leave home. They are given keys to their own apartment, and begin training for their desired field of expertise. People of high volume and high density, as well as high luxury.

Includes: teachers, designers, culinary, artists, authors, thread operators, etc. All basic jobs not included in other fields.

Any skills.

[center]DRAGONSBANE

[size=85]Members of the rebel group, so named because of their desire to be the bane of the D.R.A.G.O.N.S.-F.I.R.E system. The motives of the members are scattered; Some wish for simple downfall, others complete destruction, still others, reform.
Dangerous, reckless, and undoubtedly brilliant, many are skilled with technology and weaponry. The members come from all walks of life, and are forced to adapt to a new lifestyle once accepted into the group. Located in an abandoned, partially collapsed building in the wasteland, their lifestyle is significantly different from the city, and takes much getting used to.

Includes: Hacker, militia, livestock, mechanic, medic, inventor. Most of the story takes place here, and it is recommended that every player have at least one Dragonsbane character, to keep them active and in on the story

Skills of all sets- Physical, mechanical, and Technical
Common_Oddity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

other things to know

Postby Common_Oddity » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:10 am

THE RULES

- follow site rules regarding literacy and content. Swearing, violence, and sexual content must remain at a level acceptable for the site, so PG13. Please read site rules before joining up

- players may have as many characters as they please, so long as they are each frequently used and are used separately, meaning each character gets their own paragraph. At the top of each character post, place name and location to avoid confusion. IT IS ADVISED, BUT NOT NECESSARY, THAT EVERY PLAYER HAS AT LEAST ONE CHARACTER IN DRAGONSBANE

- please include everything in this form:

Code: Select all
    Personal
    -Full name:
    -nickname(s):
    -Physical sex:
    -Gender identity:
    -Eye color:
    -Hair color:
    -Ethnicity:
    -Physical description (no faceclaims, pure writing please):
    -Describe personality in 3 words/phrases:
    -Long personality:
    -Sexuality:
    -Markings (Freckles, scars, ect):
    -Handycaps:

online alias:
    online gender:
    Avatar description (Does not need to be human):

Social
    Affiliation (Job):
    History (Optional):
    Familiy (OPtional):
    Freinds and relationships (Shall be updated)
    Place of residence:

Skills (From one to ten)
    Mechanical:
    Technological:
    Academic:
    Social:
    Physical:

Contact ME!:

- no picture claims may be used as character descriptions. You may use art only if it is your own, and if it is paired with detailed writing.

- all starting characters must be above the age of fifteen. When characters start having children, the children may, of course, be younger.

- characters may not have romantic relationships within a single player's hold, i.e. Your character can not be your other character's significant other.

- no character may kill another without that players consent. The same goes for life-threatening injury. No exceptions.

- the rule above does not apply, however, to holding another character captive/kidnapping/hacking their things.

- be smart, be realistic, and be friendly! Welcome to High-tech lowlife.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ABOUT THE SYSTEM

The system is what runs the city, in basics. Everything and everything electronic runs on it. Each city has an individual branch, with several small power units and a larger core hidden within the city. It is a complex collection of data and a profound movement of technical and social science. While basically running the entire city on it's own, it also proves as a monitoring system, keeping track of every online interaction and filing it away. The energy and resources the city uses, except for food, is cycled back into the works after being used in a constant recycling system that lasts almost indefinitely.

HIGH TECH LIFE

The citizens of Peregrine City and those like it have a plethora of gadgets at their disposal.

SMART WALLS- a form of low-cost, high efficiency housing based off holographic illusion. When a furnished room is set up to the home owner's preference, a button press is all it takes. A lazer scan of the room is taken of all surfaces and stored to the home's memory, and then the appearance of rooms may be altered at will by operation of the home's interface. The appearances can be chosen from catalogs, or personalized by those who are more artistic.

HOVERBOARDS- a small, oblong board of solid, thin, and fold-able metal. Works by means of magnetic levitation, and a magnetic grid runs under the city, making safe flight within city limits a guarantee. Outside the city, the levitators will pick up metals in the earth, but only if there is enough. The board unfolds thin and wide, soaking up solar energy to charge the battery. More advanced models may be purchased with Merit.

HEALTHCARE,NUTRITION, ECT Since the introduction of the system, healthcare and nutrition have been drastically improved. Technology can fix broken bones, major wounds, and even remove cancers through the work of almost microscopic robots, called nanos. Most healthcare is simple, and only the most major require payment. Nutrition is an individualized concept, each person scanned and given foods that meet their calorie and health needs in an appetizing manner, geared towards flavors the person chooses, also run on the home's D.R.A.G.O.N.S-F.I.R.E interface.

CURRENCY- The cities of the world no longer run on paper and coin, rather, they run on the basis of a merit system. The better behaved an individual, if they are productive in society, and well liked, the better their merit. Good things come with good behavior.

Take note that most of Peregrine City's services are automated. Robots are a common sight, some as pets, others service drones aiding the Defense systems. Social media is comprised of a vast network of chat rooms and forums, populated by virtual avatars. This, along with gaming, is done with holoware, which virtually 'transports' the user into their network, in the form of their avatar that they choose and create, controlled through thought, speech, and physical movement. Keep in mind the vast amounts of technology while roleplaying.
Common_Oddity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Getting Around

Postby Common_Oddity » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:18 am

Peregrine CIty

Peregrine city is large and surrounded by sandy wasteland, but within it is a beautiful Utopia.

HOUSING

Citizens of all ranks and walks of life live in apartments, but fear not! These are not small living spaces, but include two bedrooms, a bathroom, living area, and all the works. All apartments are located in the following buildings: Garbaro, Amaryllis, Lyken, Floyd, Godrich, and Talsa.

The crossroads

A general term for the spiderweb of Peregrine's streets. Perfect for hanging out or meeting up.

Markets

many a marketplace stand along the crossroads, wonderful places for exchanging merit for extra items and upgrades, restaurants for those craving a calorie non-specific meal, libraries, music stores, and the like.

parks

there are three parks in Peregrine. Aspen, Elm, and Cherry parks are wide, grassy places, lit by night with beautiful golden glass orbs. Playgrounds are there as well, along with trees and hoverboard obstacle courses. Excellent for camping. Includes rivers and ponds in Cherry and Elm parks.

Upper City

Higher city buildings such as high business, the core buildings that hold the outlets and stores of the system, the department of defense, and inner-working offices. A vast, dense area of skyscrapers and crossroads. Does danger lurk here in the shadows?

The Wasteland

a hostile environment of sand and sparse scatters of vegetation. The place is littered with ruins and wild animals and goes on for miles. Easy to get lost here.

Dragonsbane Base

A partially burnt out, crumbling ruin of a hotel out int the wasteland.
Common_Oddity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character logs

Postby Common_Oddity » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:21 am

(Character's job will be added after their name.)

[center]inner workings officers

defense system workers

Mia Gonzalez- City Security

basic citizens

Ann Frost-barista

Dragonsbane

Simon Hartsforn- Engineer, Leader

Vox Clandestine- Biologist, medical Aid

Non-affiliated

[/center]
Last edited by Common_Oddity on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Common_Oddity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: open!! High-Tech Lowlife (a cyberpunk Adventure)

Postby Common_Oddity » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:34 am

Personal
-Full name: Simon Hartsforn
-nickname(s):Simon
-Physical sex: male
-Gender identity: male
-Eye color: green/brown hazel
-Hair color: brown
-Ethnicity: anglo
-Physical description (no faceclaims, pure writing please): Standing at 5'11, Simon is of decent hight and build. while not overly muscular, he has more mass to him than most in the city, which is attributed to living in the wateland for the past four years. He's mostly leg, with hips that are wider than is normal for males but the usual wide shoulders, giving him a somewhat intimidating frame. His hair comes down a little past his ears, the bangs covering most of his foread. He has a very expressive face.
-Describe personality in 3 words/phrases: Dramatic, playfull, determined.
-Long personality: Simon considers himself an anarchist, and as such, craves the destruction of the system and is amused by chaos. He has a theatrical flare, frequantly making his team's raids more dramatic than nessisary, but has a feirce determination to lead his followers properly, and see the system fall and free will be returned to the people. To be serious is rare for him, as he likes to tease and joke, and enjoys messing with people. He isn't an apologetic man, and everything he does is done with conviction.
-Sexuality: bisexual
-Mental health: Questionable. Several say he is a very pleasant madman.
-Markings (Freckles, scars, ect): none, save for a spattering of freckles along the left side of his ribcage.
-Handycaps:none

online alias:Dragonsbane
online gender:neutral
Avatar description (Does not need to be human): He doesn't have one, preferring to remain anonymous.
Social
Affiliation (Job): Leader of Dragonsbane
History (Optional): Born in Peregrine city. Left usually in the care of his Grandfather while his mother worked, he was brought up being taught about the old world, and tales of the distruction of humanity. Taking these tales to heart, he became rebellious against the system, seeing the value in free will and original creativity. He joined Dragonsbane at the age of sixteen, and began leading it at eighteen.
Familiy (OPtional):Unknown father, mother vanished when he was four. He was raised by his Grandfather.
Freinds and relationships (Shall be updated):To be Updated
Place of residence: Dragonsbane base.

Skills (From one to ten)
Mechanical:9
Technological:0
Academic:6
Social:5
Physical:7

Contact ME!:Certainly.
Common_Oddity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wiendigo » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:25 am

Personal
-Full name: Vox Clandestine
-nickname(s): Firebug
-Physical sex: Female
-Gender identity: Female
-Eye color: Red
-Hair color: Brown
-Ethnicity: Russian
-Physical description (no face-claims, pure writing please): She's a small thing, standing at just 5' 4", with skin a bit on the lighter side. Her long, wavy, dark brown hair falls just below her kneecaps and is almost always just a touch messy, her bangs usually falling over the left side her face. She doesn't own a single pair of jeans or pants, choosing instead to wear skirts of all shapes and sizes almost always paired with a sweater. Knee-high socks or pantyhose matches with slip-on shoes complete the rest of the look. Red rimmed glasses with small red beads running down either side adorn her face, the girl practically blind without them.
-Describe personality in 3 words/phrases: Caring / Curious / High-Strung
-Long personality: Vox is a diligent worker, but easily startled and overwhelmed when put in an environment with too many people in it. She tends to keep to herself and shy away from too much chaos but if the circumstance so demands, she can risk getting herself into a bit of trouble. Her curiosity tends to make her a bit nosy and often leads to her learning things she would've rather not learned. Easy to befriend, she does her best to keep on good terms with the people she's around and chooses to be loyal to those she's close to. At times she may over-analyze a situation or over think things but she tries not to do so too often.
-Sexuality: Bisexual
-Mental health: Stable, she's just a very anxious, nervous fellow
-Markings (Freckles, scars, etc.): None
-Handicaps: Poor vision, wears glasses

online alias: Firefly
online gender: Neutral
Avatar description (Does not need to be human): A picture of a glow-fly

Social
Affiliation (Job): Scientist (Biology)
History (Optional): AL
Family (Optional): AL
Friends and relationships: TBD (Shall be updated)
Place of residence: Markets/ City

Skills (From one to ten)
Mechanical: 0
Technological: 7
Academic: 9
Social: 3
Physical: 2

Contact ME!: Sure
I collect deer, dragons and butterfly wolves!
Wiendigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:37 am

Personal
-Full name: Mia Gonzalez
-nickname(s): Mia, Revel
-Eye color: Brown
-Hair color: Brown
-Ethnicity: African
-Physical description (no faceclaims, pure writing please): Mia got her father's height, putting her at a lofty 6'3", with a thin, lithe build, not overly muscular, but definitely well toned. Her arms are slightly longer than would be considered proportional, giving her a somewhat gangly appearance, accentuated by her habit of not putting any effort into moving her arms when she doesn't need to. Her hair, when it isn't tied up in a bun, hangs down just below her shoulders when straight, just above when curly.
-Describe personality in 3 words/phrases: Quiet, focused, determined
-Long personality: Not a lot of people notice Mia, apart from as the tall black girl sitting quietly in the back. She generally doesn't say more than a few words to anyone unless she feels extremely comfortable, though when she does get talking she can go on for longer than is perhaps necessary. She also has a very dry sense of humor, delivering most of her jokes completely deadpan. Behind her reserved nature, however, she hides a laser focus, iron will, and a determination to succeed at anything she does.
-Sexuality: questioning
-Mental health: It's hard to say. Deep cover hasn't really been kind to her.
-Markings: She got a tattoo of the radiation hazard symbol on her left shoulder upon commencing her assignment.
-Handycaps: None

online alias: Kusanagi
online gender: Female
Avatar description: A pink-haired anime character, rather scantily clad. She claims it's done ironically.

Social
Affiliation: City Security, undercover spec-forces operative
History: Mia's father was in City Security, and it's all she ever wanted to do. She played sports in school, took martial arts classes in her free time, and went to the range with her dad whenever she could. She advanced quickly in the academy, recieving exceptional marks in combat and cyber security, and upon her early graduation she was asked to participate in a deep-cover operation, with the goal of infiltrating Dragonsbane. For the past few months, she's been living as Revel, another disillusioned teen fighting against the system, vandalizing, shoplifting, and generally doing everything she was told not to. It was hard at first, going against everything her parents had taught, but it's getting easier. Dragonsbane hasn't contacted her yet, but she's hoping they will soon.
Familiy: Hector and Alejandra Gonzalez (parents), Juan Gonzalez (younger brother)
Freinds and relationships:TBA
Place of residence: Peregrine city

Skills (From one to ten)
Mechanical: 3
Technological: 9
Academic: 5
Social: 0
Physical: 9

Contact ME!: Of course.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Common_Oddity » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:20 pm

(welcome to the both of you! lets get a few more people and then I'll post a starter- if you have buddies that might be interested please don't hesitate to invite them!
Common_Oddity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tombstone.frost » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:01 pm

Personal
-Full name: Ann Frost (She does have a spilt personality, the others name being Crimson)
-nickname(s): Annie, Frost, The Dark Angel.
-Eye color: Her right eye is a striking blue, as the other is a clear glazed color, as she is blind in that particular one.
-Hair color: A snowy white
-Ethnicity: Caucasian.
-Physical description (no faceclaims, pure writing please): Ann is a small bodied female with pale skin. Freckles and a scar cover her nose and cheeks. She stands at about 5'3, and weighs are 85.7 pounds. Though, she is more legs then anything. Ann's snowy hair falls to her chin, and the right side is shaved. She has 'emo' bangs, bangs which cover her forehead and blind eye.
-Describe personality in 3 words/phrases: [Ann] Shy/Loving/Intelligent. [Crimson] Psychotic/Rude/Unruly
-Long personality: [Ann] Ann has her ups and downs, but she is quite loving, that is if you have broken through her shell. She is wary of getting close to anyone, fearing she could hurt them. She prefers to be closed off, but one day hopes she can find someone who would accept her. Crimson Now, Crimson is the uncaring type of person. She may be a personality, but she takes the form of a person. All and all she is quite cruel, becoming more of her own person. To her dad, if Zero hadn't fueled her fire, Crimson would have shriveled away. Though she and Ann feud, they are quite dependent upon each other.
-Sexuality: Bisexual
-Mental health: Shes on the insane side, she had suffered through mental and emotional abuse, it doesn't help that she has Crimson either.
-Markings (Freckles, scars, ect): Freckles scatter her pale face, as well as a scar across her nose. The scar spans from the middle of each eye, centering to the nose.
-Handycaps: She is partially blind, which means she can only she with her right eye.

online alias: The Dark Angel
online gender: Female
Avatar description (Does not need to be human): Her avatar is a pale female girl. The avatar have dark wings and blood colored eyes.

Social
Affiliation (Job): Worker at a Cafe, wants to be part of Dragonsbane
History (Optional): TBA
Family (Optional):Cliff (Father), Zero (Older brother)
Friends and relationships (Shall be updated) TBD
Place of residence: Pregrine City

Skills (From one to ten)
Mechanical: 8
Technological: 3
Academic: 9.5
Social: 2
Physical: 5

Contact ME!:Sure
Tombstone.frost

My pets
My items