↳♚↰ ⅅⅇfⅇndⅇrs of the Ʋnivⅇrsⅇ

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

↳♚↰ ⅅⅇfⅇndⅇrs of the Ʋnivⅇrsⅇ

Postby sophrosyne » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:12 am

©
╒══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕

When Lance, Hunk, and Pidge all saw a ship crash land near the Garrison,
    they didn’t know that they’d be joined by Shiro and Keith to defend the entire
    known universe and more. They had no idea that they would become
    paladins to their own lions and meet Allura and Coran. They only found out
    because Lance didn’t want Keith to save Shiro before he did and ran down
    to save him out of spite, being the person that he is. From that decision,
    their fate to become paladins and defend the universe was sealed, much to
    Hunk’s reluctance. They would travel to unknown planets, meet rare alien
    species (that Lance would usually flirt with), and enjoy their job or hate
    their job (depends on the day, really). They’d eat alien cuisine (much to
    the paladin’s distaste), and maybe, just maybe, find a way to make things
    better when the Galra fights hit them too hard. All good things must come to
    an end, and the paladins are worried that they’re not going to make it if
    Zarkon keeps making all the advances he has, so they’re looking for recruits.
    Paladins in training, if you will, and that’s where you come in.
╘═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
Last edited by sophrosyne on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sophrosyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ↳♚↰ ⅅⅇfⅇndⅇrs of the Ʋnivⅇrsⅇ

Postby sophrosyne » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:06 pm

©
    ╒══════════════════════════════════════════════════╕

The paladins (and the people who keep them alive) are five people
    who don’t entirely know what they’re doing. They know the goal
    and they know (mostly) how to fly their respective lions, but they
    still aren’t sure of how to work together in everyday life. Allura and
    Coran feed them and tell them the answers to everything they can.
    They’re a tight-knit support system, but it’s better safe than sorry.
    This is where their ‘Paladins in Training’ program comes into play.
    They’ve decided to open up Voltron to five recruits, specially picked
    and tested for each lion and paladin. Rigorous physical, mental,
    emotional, and educational tests have plucked out the weak and the
    ineligible. The strongest five people have been chosen specifically
    for each paladin. The paladins are the pilots to the five lions that
    form Voltron. They are unique to their own set of skills. They’ve trained
    for weeks for this, they’ve worked their tails off for this. But what’s
    going to happen and they’re forced to face an unknown threat?

╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
Last edited by sophrosyne on Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
sophrosyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sophrosyne » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:46 pm

Paladins in Training

Illia - seventeen - spooncop
    iva - fifteen - sophrosyne
    reserved - tba - maple.
    open - tba - tba
    open - tba - tba

Paladins of Voltron

Pidge - tba - tba
    Hunk - reserved - maple.
    Keith - late teens - lance mclame
    Lance - late teens - sophrosyne
    Shiro - twenty-five - spooncop

Supporting Characters

Allura - tba - tba
    Coran - tba - tba
    Nickel - nineteen - evil muffin overlord
    open - tba - tba
    open - tba - tba

discussion thread
Last edited by sophrosyne on Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sophrosyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nickel :: Starting Post

Postby Evil Muffin Overlord » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:12 am

:: Nickel :: 19 :: Alien :: Support :: Ship Storage :: Tags - None ::

Nickel was doing some minor repairs to his ship. Little scuffs always littered it's outer hull, and though they would likely never cause any REAL damage, Nickel was not the type of guy to take any chances. Polishing metal, tightening bolts, testing various equipment, it was routine at this point. The ship was only as reliable as the care put into it.

The morning - Nickel assumed it was morning - was quiet. If any of the paladins or paladins in training were up, they weren't loud enough to be heard from his repair station, which was always good. Helping to save the world meant dealing with a bunch of human kids, which was, to say the least, an interesting experience. They talked a lot, and quite a few of them had apparently had a run in with someone of Nickel's own species. Not that something like that was surprising. His species wasn't exactly endangered. However, it did make it hard for them to trust him, and because of that, some of them still liked to be loud around him, watching him or asking questions about his business or any other manner of annoyances. It was worth it, so long as he was able to help as much as he could.

Nickel vaguely wondered if he would be sent out again today, and what sort of cargo he would be hauling if he were. It was the princess's call, and her call alone, as to what missions he was sent on. The paladins had, a few times, tried to send him on their own missions, but they had no luck. Nickel was NOT going to some market planet to try and barter for a cheese product. No way.

The repairs were soon finished, and Nickel sat with relief. As expected, nothing was out of place or malfunctioning, so he decided to enjoy the peace of the room for a little longer before trying to scrounge up any breakfast.
Last edited by Evil Muffin Overlord on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Muffin Overlord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lance McClain - your resident teenager

Postby sophrosyne » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:19 pm

Lance ➟ paladin's quarters ➟ tags - open ➟

It took a while for Lance to wake up (per usual), but what he wasn't expecting was to wake up crying. Confusedly, he wiped his face and eyes before sitting up. Question marks were the only punctuation flying around in his head, and he was sure that there was a perfectly good explanation for this. Lance had no recollection of having a dream upsetting enough to make him this much of a mess. Waking up like this had been reoccurring and very confusing for the boy. Sometimes it was because of a dream, but other times he had no idea, but he had to wait a minute or two for the stream of tears to gradually come to a stop.

He frowned and sighed as he flopped onto his back. "I really need to get this checked out," he groaned. "but talking to people is hard." No one would suspect it, but Lance was not only hiding the fact that he struggled with daily anxieties, he was also hiding the fact that he missed his family. Though not very well, he tried his best not to make anyone notice that he was tapping his foot a touch too fast or that he'd lost his appetite for the sixth time that week.

He rolled over begrudgingly. "It's time to get up, lazy bones, it's time to get out of bed." Stop echoing mom. It's not going to make her appear. He swung his body up and slid out of his bed without a sound. Today's the day you get to start training your recruit. It's going to be great. You're gonna be great. Taking a deep breath, he walked out of his quarters towards the baths.
Last edited by sophrosyne on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sophrosyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

he's beauty, he's grace, he'll stab you in the face

Postby lance mclame » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:30 am

(name) keith (location) training room (mood) determined (tagged) open ii

adrenaline rushed through keith's veins as he dodged several lunges from the gladiator in the training room. he grunted as he came in contact with the floor then rolled to escape the robot's quick jab. despite floating through the emptiness of space that had no concept of time, the team had scheduled hours in which they slept but keith was one of the few who didn't really listen to that schedule. all he needed to do to function was train for about three hours, drink the bitter concoction that had the same abilities as coffee, and he was good to go.

the gladiator swung it's sword around, knocking keith's bayard to the ground. with this distraction, it moved forward swiftly and aimed it's sword to keith's middle but the red paladin was faster. he dropped to his knees right when the robotic simulation thrusted the rapier. keith rolled and scrabbled for his bayard. once activated, he stood and swung for the automation's neck. when the head rolled off, the simulation burst into blue pixels then disappeared. keith let out a exhausted breath and deactivated his sword, watching as it shrunk back into nothing more than a grip.

keith rubbed the bridge of his nose and stuffed the weapon in his back pocket. he doubted anyone was awake so he headed for the kitchen. hunk wasn't awake so that meant he'd either have to go without the coffee stuff or he'd be forced to eat the green goo that hadn't grown on him yet like he planned.
lance mclame

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sophrosyne » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:48 pm

Iva ➩ control room ➩ tags - open ➩

Adjustment here, adjustment there. You're adapting. This is going to be fine. She tried her best to not think about how much her schedule had changed. I would be getting in the shower right about now. She sat on the floor of the ship's control room, thinking of ways to cope with the fact that without these walls, she'd be sucked into the vacuum of space. Iva was never one for adventure. She was the person who'd sit back and take pictures while the rest of her friends went crazy. Angles and lines, theorems, laws, postulates, those all made sense. What didn't make sense was why she took such a great risk. Why did she sign up for this in the first place? She wanted to prove to herself that she could.

At this thought, her body decided to stand her up and go to the showers, which she didn't realize she was doing until she was in it. I'm going to adapt. I'm going to adapt. I'm going to adapt. The door to leave had long since closed. She had to go through her decision, even if it was hard. The sheets that she'd been given, the food she'd have to eat, the smallest changes were overwhelming to Iva, but she was going to get through this. She'd been through worse. Stay positive.

Her body felt as if it had been wronged - and it had, in a way - the floor a little too cold and her heartbeat in her ears. Everything was strange and new, she didn't like new. She'd read numerous books on what was known about space before she'd gotten here, she knew the risks and the dangers of becoming Hunk's apprentice. What she didn't know was him. That's was scared her the most, but she was going to be fine. He seems like a nice guy. You'll get to know him more as time passes. C'mon, you're a part of Voltron. Who get to say that in their lifetime?
Last edited by sophrosyne on Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
sophrosyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i feel like prey

Postby tesla ezekiel » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:55 am

shiro ⇒ outside
    what a boring day he's had. as shiro walked down the halls of the castle, he thought about maybe heading outside, maybe training? honestly, all he'd been doing through the day was researching the galra and himself. there is so much he didn't know, so much he wanted to know. the galra... the galra. he needed to clear out his head. pushing the thoughts away, shiro pulled himself back into focus. he needed to clear his head.
    and so, shiro passed through the entryway where everyone would be meeting soon, and stepped outside into the cold air. he sat down in the grass, a breeze ruffling his hair and a sigh escaping him. the sky was more interesting than the troubling thoughts that seeming to be yelling at him, and all he wanted was a break from it. he should be training. he needed to push himself to be a good leader, not only for his team but also for his trainee, who would come soon. that was somewhat comforting. to have a backup plan, in case something happened to any of them. it was a silver lining, per say. not a very good one, but it was something lightening for now.
Last edited by tesla ezekiel on Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tesla ezekiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hands up it's a stickup

Postby tesla ezekiel » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 am

illia ⇒ castle halls
    awake. he was awake, and he was not at home. for a moment, he panicked, and illia almost screamed. good thing he realized where he was and didn't, he could have scared the crap out of some people, or rather, paladins? princesses...? he gave up, glad he was alone in his room. running a hand through his red hair, illia slipped out of bed and opened up his bag to find some clothes. there was a dresser in the room, but he hadn't cared to transfer his clothes into it. he had a uniform on the top of it, and knew he was supposed to wear it eventually, but he really didn't like it (hate is a strong word and illia dislikes using it). he put on a tank top, a blue hoodie with a logo on it in black, black sweatpants, and tennishoes. sighing, he got ready for the day, deodorant and all.
    he eventually left his room, after many attempts to build self-esteem. he was going to meet lance today. the lance, the pilot of the blue lion, his one and only hero. illia looked up to lance in almost every way, he even had a blue lion figurine in his room. he brought it with him. only when he passed the control room did he realize how stupid that was. he almost facepalmed, and then didn't. that would have been another stupid decision. "god, get your head on straight, illia. you can do this."
tesla ezekiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nickel :: Breakfast

Postby Evil Muffin Overlord » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:07 pm

:: Nickel :: 19 :: Alien :: Support :: Kitchen :: Tags - Keith ::

Nickel, having finished both his repairs and his quiet thinking, got up to clean up his space. Tools put in their proper spots, polishing those that needed polish, a general wiping down of all surfaces, and he was ready to leave.

As he left his ship's area and entered a long and winding hallway, he wondered what the rest of the day would look like. That thought, however, was cut short by a long and low grumble coming from his stomach. He hadn't eaten anything that day, and he supposed it couldn't hurt to head to the kitchen. The others might already be there, but he was too hungry to care.

After a few wrong turns - a map would be useful, he thought to himself - he finally made it to the dining area. It seemed the only one there was... The red one. What was him name again...? Keith. Or at least, Nickel was pretty sure this one was Keith. Names were hard for the cargo runner in the best of circumstances, but he had barely had time to interact with or get to know the Castle's residents. Still, he tried his best to be polite.

"Morning." He mumbled, walking over to the goo machine. It wasn't exactly... gourmet, but it was certainly nutritious, and could get even the most high-energy of people through a day.
I AM THE EVIL MUFFIN OVERLORD FEAR MY AWESOME POWER

Also, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM EATING ME
AND MY MINIONS!
Yes, we understand that we are muffins,
but we are not edible, we are evil!
Being eaten always takes away precious
time and resources, as well as degrades
our honor. So please, if you value your
life and your goodness as a person,
don't eat the muffins. Please. For
your sake, and ours.

Characters, roleplay open for all.