( ' things that go bump in the night ' ⇾ closed

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Will you join?

Definitely, I voted for this in the interest check poll!
23%
Yes, the plot looks interesting.
36%
I might, I still haven't decided..
27%
Sorry, not really my thing.
14%

Total votes : 22

( ' things that go bump in the night ' ⇾ closed

Postby gallifrey falls. » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:02 am

-----------------------------------------------------------------

GRACEFULLY CURSED

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

WE'VE TURNED THE PAGE FOR A NEW DAY HAS DAWNED
AND WE'VE REARRANGED WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG

SOMEHOW WE'VE DRIFTED SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH
THAT WE CAN'T GET BACK HOME

AND WHERE ARE THE VIRTUES THAT ONCE GAVE A LIGHT
AND WHERE ARE THE MORALS THAT GOVERNED OUR LIVES
SOMEDAY WE ALL WILL AWAKENLOOK BACK
JUST TO FIND WHAT WE'VE LOST

GRACEFULLY CURSED

x
x
The middle of nowhere.
That's where six friends wanted to travel. No where specific, just somewhere away from the bustle of the city they were used to, and somewhere they could see millions of stars every night. They all met in primary school, and have stayed close friends throughout high school, even though they all weren't lucky enough to attend the same high school. Now they've just graduated their senior year, and have each chosen the college they want to attend in the fall. Some are sticking together while others are scattered far and wide - few were even thinking of going to the states for school. Whatever the case, they wanted to take one last trip together before separating.
After searching different websites for places to travel, one of the friends stumbled upon a remote castle on an island. Unlike many of the other castles advertised, which offered tours, this one was barely mentioned, and only had a few sentences as its description: "Located off the coast of Devon, and surrounded by thick forests. Very dangerous." The island the castle was located on was apparently a popular tourist spot because of its scenery and unique wildlife. When the friend showed the others the castle they were intrigued. It was likely the most dangerous thing about this castle was the fact it was falling into disrepair, but what if there was more? Eagerly, the six friends made their arrangements and left on a ferry to the island the next day.
The trip began as scheduled and the ferry dropped them off on one of the beaches. They had gotten map of the island and drawn out a path that should take them to the castle. It wouldn't be an easy hike, but the destination would be worth it. However, two hours in a storm struck the island. Rain fell in sheets, and the sky was filled with lightning. There wasn't place flat to set up camp, so they kept going. To their amazement, they stumbled upon a castle not long after. Could this be the one they were looking for? The map showed that they still had two miles to go until they found it, but there was one right here. Surely the island wasn't big enough for two castles. But destination or not, they needed somewhere to shelter from the storm and this castle was as good a place as any. It was built on top of a hill, and a winding path led up to its door. The climb didn't take long, and soon the bedraggled friends managed to force open the door and stumble inside. When their eyes adjusted to the gloom, they saw that everything was remarkably well preserved. It wasn't on the map, or on any sort of website, strangely.
Unbeknownst to the six friends, this is a castle where things go bump in the night.

x
Last edited by gallifrey falls. on Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:37 am, edited 9 times in total.
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ' things that go bump in the night ' ⇾ background

Postby gallifrey falls. » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:09 am

GRACEFULLY CURSED

WE'VE TURNED THE PAGE FOR A NEW DAY HAS DAWNED
AND WE'VE REARRANGED WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG

SOMEHOW WE'VE DRIFTED SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH
THAT WE CAN'T GET BACK HOME

AND WHERE ARE THE VIRTUES THAT ONCE GAVE A LIGHT
AND WHERE ARE THE MORALS THAT GOVERNED OUR LIVES
SOMEDAY WE ALL WILL AWAKENLOOK BACK
JUST TO FIND WHAT WE'VE LOST

GRACEFULLY CURSED

x
x
The middle of nowhere.
That's where a mighty lord saw fit to built his castle. In that time, 'the middle of nowhere' was remote indeed, for it was the age of kings and queens. The lord, Killian, was only a minor lord with no land to call his own. He lived with his family in a beautiful house along a river. But then, fortune smiled upon Killian. He performed a great service for the ruling king of the time, and the king rewarded Lord Killian with the choice of any piece of land he would like in the king's extensive kingdom. The place Lord Killian chose was isolated and located on an island off the coast of England. The island was a wilderness and devoid of any other human inhabitants. He took many workmen and architects with him to begin work on his castle. Three years later, they completed it and a joyous Killian brought his wife and four children, as well as servants, to the island. They crested the hill that the castle sat on, and Lord Killian was immediately taken in by its grandeur. Some say that was the moment when he went mad.
Not a year passed without him coming up with some addition to add to his castle. It grew in height and size, and some even began to whisper it was bigger and grander than the king's. Lord Killian heard these whispers, and began to believe them. Many nights when he was deep into his cups he would boast this to anyone who happened to be close by; his wife, a passing servant, his guards, and even his children. The king was brought news of this, and was naturally furious. How dare a lord, one who had been nothing, think himself greater than his king?
Then, one terrible summer day, when the sun burned hot and the wind blew cold, the king ordered his troops to march upon the castle and tear it down brick by brick, and not allow a single soul within its walls to live. Alas, Lord Killian's castle had been built with beauty in mind, not defense. The army was inside within a day. In obedience to their king, any who crossed their path was killed; be it man, woman, servant, or child. The hill wept blood on that day.
As Lord Killian lay dying, he cursed his king, the army, and his castle. He vowed he nor his family would know peace, and would haunt the castle's stone halls until the last of the king's descendants died. Not a single man who had attacked his castle left it alive and sane that day, and no person who entered it since has escaped with their mind and body intact. All attempts to renovate or tear down the castle have been met with death, until it was abandoned and forgotten, left with nothing but the wind for company.
That is, until six teenagers stumble upon it one stormy day, ignorant of the terrible danger sealed within its walls. And one can trace their line back to the king..

x
Last edited by gallifrey falls. on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ' things that go bump in the night ' ⇾ the rules

Postby gallifrey falls. » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:19 am

Rules
─────────

Tess' rules
If you're not familiar with CS rules, please check them out c:

Literacy
This is a semi-lit roleplay, so please write at least a chunky paragraph, more if you feel comfortable. I will remove your character from the roleplay if you continue to not meet the requirement. Writer's block is understandable, just not all the time.

Activity
Try to post at least twice a week, to prevent this from dying. PM me or post in the discussion thread if you're going on a long vacation and/or will be unable to post for a certain period of time.

Characters
The limit is two characters, one ghost and one teenager. If you do have two characters, keep genders even and make one male and one female. You're welcome to only stick with one character if you don't want to rp two.

Reservations
Please PM me your reservation(s) before reserving a post in the discussion topic. Reservations last 48 hours.

Forms
Please make sure you post your forms on the discussion thread. You will need to create your own forms, but they don't have to be anything fancy. Just keep them neat and at least include the basics: Name, Age, Species, Personality, and History. You're welcome to add more if you like!
Keep in mind the friends are seniors, and will be seventeen or eighteen years old. For the ghosts, keep the youngest child six, and the oldest fifteen. Lord Killian will be thirty five to forty, and his wife late twenties to early thirties.
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ' things that go bump in the night ' ⇾ characters

Postby gallifrey falls. » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:55 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxLord Dettlaff Killian
xxxxxxxxxxxxgender: male
xxxxxxxxxxxxage: 35
xxxxxxxxxxxx+ traits: fearless, disciplined
xxxxxxxxxxxx- traits: prideful, vindictive
xxxxxxxxxxxxwriter - rouge,

xxxxxxxxxxxxGregory Killian
xxxxxxxxxxxxage: 16
xxxxxxxxxxxx+ traits: curious, playful
xxxxxxxxxxxx- traits: clingy, stubbron
xxxxxxxxxxxxwriter - homewrecker.

xxxxxxxxxxxxCharlemagne Killian
xxxxxxxxxxxxage: 15
xxxxxxxxxxxx+ traits: protective, comitted
xxxxxxxxxxxx- traits: impulsive, persistent
xxxxxxxxxxxxwriter;; Sunelix
Lady Rosalind Killianxxxxxxx
+ traits: intelligent, graceful
- traits: vengeful, manipulative
writer;; Speak

Savannah Killian
+ traits: friendly, sweet
- traits: destructive, envious
writer;; Gᴀʟʟɪғʀᴇʏ Fᴀʟʟs ❥

Evangeline Killian
+ traits: clever, amiable
- traits: unforgiving, cruel
writer;; Legendary Trashcan
Last edited by gallifrey falls. on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:58 am, edited 16 times in total.
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ' things that go bump in the night ' ⇾ characters

Postby gallifrey falls. » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:00 am

xxxxxSawyer Elliot
xxxxxgender: male
xxxxxage: 18
xxxxx+ traits: enthusiastic, gentle
xxxxx- traits: anxious, a bit messy
xxxxxwriter - icarus,

xxxxxMercutio Bassian
xxxxxage: 17-18
xxxxx+ traits: hardworking, creative
xxxxx- traits: passive, self-critical
xxxxxwriter - spoon cop

xxxxxJackson Smith
xxxxxage: 17
xxxxx+ traits: excitable, funny
xxxxx- traits: lazy, insecure
xxxxxwriter;; Enough
Valerie Vixenxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+ traits: intelligent, caring
- traits: stubborn, aggressive
writer;; jbird1

Rowan Caldwell
+ traits: outgoing, loyal
- traits: blunt, defiant
writer;; mirage22

Kodi Weston
+ traits: kind, adventurous
- traits: arrogant, a bit shy
writer;; summer.
Last edited by gallifrey falls. on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:03 am, edited 19 times in total.
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ' things that go bump in the night ' ⇾ news

Postby gallifrey falls. » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:01 am

News
───────────

8/03/16
Roleplay created.

----

8/05/16
I made a slight change to the plot. Rather than the curse being Lord Killian and his family haunt the castle until the end of days, they will haunt it until the last of the king's decedents is dead. Unluckily for one of the friends, they can trace their ancestors back to that king. They don't know it, but the ghosts can tell when someone is of royal blood - specifically, that king's blood.
Basically this will add more conflict and should make things interesting!
Once the roleplay is full I'll draw names to decide who is related, unless no one expect one person wants to play that character.

----

8/09/16
The roleplay has begun! There are still two male ghost spots open, for anyone interested.

---

8/13/16
All spots have now been filled.

---
Last edited by gallifrey falls. on Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ' things that go bump in the night ' ⇾ reserved

Postby gallifrey falls. » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:01 am

reserved just in case
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ' things that go bump in the night ' ⇾ open

Postby gallifrey falls. » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:44 am

We are now open/closed!

You're welcome to PM me any questions or post them in the discussion thread c:
Last edited by gallifrey falls. on Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ' things that go bump in the night ' ⇾ post 1

Postby gallifrey falls. » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:12 pm

┌─────────────────────────────┐
xxAVANNAH MARIE KILLIAN

x'xa ghost
x.xage: eight
x.xtagged : the friends
x.xlocation : entrance of castle

└─────────────────────────────┘
Savannah skipped through the halls of the castle, singing to herself. She stopped by one of the windows, and pulled herself up so she could look out of it. In the back of her head, she knew she could just float up to it, or stick her head through the stone, but for the moment she ignored that knowledge. Today, she was not poor Savannah Killian, victim of the pride of her father and king; she was Savannah Killian of the powerful Killian family, betrothed to a handsome prince. The prince was only the second oldest, but his older brother was sickly. If his brother died, Savannah would be queen when they married. She looked out the window with a smile, not seeing the the ocean or the stormy clouds, but instead saw a grand scene. She was dressed in a pale gown of gold silk, as gold as the hair of her husband's hair. They practically floated down the aisle, and everyone was taken in by her beauty.

A particularly loud boom of thunder brought Savannah out of her daydream, and put a scowl on her face. She jumped down from the window and resumed her skip through the halls. Maybe she could find one of her siblings and play a game. Her older brother was no fun, but sometimes Evangeline would play with her if she was in a nice mood. The rain suddenly drummed loudly against the outside of the castle, and Savannah scowled again. The sound of rain was nice, but not when it was so loud! It continued insistently, and it slowly occurred to her that the sound wasn't rain - it was the banging of a door! Did they have more visitors? There hadn't been any in so long, she feared maybe her father had closed the island again. He did that, when he wanted to add more to the castle. Sometimes it was ages before she saw anyone new. Though the closed state of the island hadn't stopped the awful men from coming...no! She shook her head vigorously, banishing the phantom pain that bloomed on the back of it. That never happened, it was just a dream. A nightmare.

Remembering the banging, Savannah sped up her pace until she reached the grand staircase, and run down them two at a time. She hesitated at the bottom. The door was shaking, like someone, or many someones, were trying to force it open. Like before. Suddenly afraid, she took a step back. Had the awful men come out of her nightmares to get them? A moment later, the door burst open and six people stumbled inside, soaked to the skin and making various sounds of relief. She ducked behind pair of the wall, peeking only her forehead and her eyes out, so she could see them. They didn't look like the awful men, they were too young. Curiosity replaced her fear, and Savannah stuck her full head out, ready to run at any moment.
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( ' things that go bump in the night ' ⇾ open and starti

Postby Legendary TrashCan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:09 pm

Evangeline ⇾ aka Ivy ⇾ fifteen ⇾ tags: the teens, savannah

Evangeline had been resting in the confines of what once was her room, her gaze on the lightning that painted the skies. The storm had grown progressively worse and rain pounded in through holes in the glass and crack in the flooring, he drapes flung themselves around in violent movements and she sighed. The carpeting had once been a dark red and now it was worn pinkish black from the years of dirt building up on it. Ivy’s room had been the most damaged during the siege and murder of their family which would explain why it was in tatters. The howl of the wind drowned out her humming as she made her way out of the room by slipping through the door which was slightly ajar. Storms tended to plague the island at this time of year so Ivy had grown used to the violent howling of the wind and the pounding of the rain against the stone and the glass. “O dear.” She let out a slight tsk as she noticed noticed one of the windows had developed a large crack and some of stronger droplets made the way inside, It wasn’t like she expected the castle to hold up a standard but it would nice since it was her eternal punishment.

Ivy was still bitter about what had happened, the night she forcefully cursed to this home in her father's dying breath. Of course he was a blatant fool to think this would do any good, the king who ordered their lives to be taken would suffer from their own punishment. She hadn’t done anything to deserve this but here she was, stuck tending to the gardens and sitting alone in a partially destroyed room. The girl fiddled with a strand of her olive hair and sighed as she used another hand to trace the spot where she had been stabbed. Ivy had been wearing a black sleeveless dress that just barely reached her ankles and gave her an unnatural appearance. The girl had already fit the looks to be a ghost, she had unnatural pale skin, pink lips that looked like they belonged on a body which had been drained of life and all of it made her look like a white corpse contrasted against the inky black of her dress. All of it had been caused by her wretched father who cursed them to this mansion and its grounds that she touched every inch of.

Evangeline could’ve sworn she heard voices floating down the hall, did they have visitors? She frowned, anybody who entered the grounds were cursed until their ever present death which be caused upon the palace grounds. The poor souls who stumbled upon this house were never to leave it, as unfortunate as its was she felt like it should only be her that suffers. She made her way through the hall and hurried, her footsteps were muffled by the rained so she was free the run along the halls until she reached the main entrance way. Ivy’s gaze landed on her younger sister who was hiding behind a large pillar so she quickly made her way over to join her. Six figures soaked to the bone were huddled in her entrance way, she looked at her sister and pressed a finger to her lips.
Legendary TrashCan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me