Pᴇʀᴇɴɴɪs Aǫᴜᴀᴇ | Nᴇᴡ ᴀɴᴅ Aᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛɪɴɢ

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Pᴇʀᴇɴɴɪs Aǫᴜᴀᴇ | Nᴇᴡ ᴀɴᴅ Aᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛɪɴɢ

Postby Dopey333444 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:31 pm

They don't know where they are.

No they do not.

Should we tell them?

I think you will bore the child. Tell them a story instead.

I'll have to think of a good one then... Oh! I've thought of a great story for you child.
Once, there were two lands. They had the strongest bonds, for the rulers of each land were madly in love.

Ah, I know this story well. There was the Island of Sea with it's proud king, Glaucus, and the Island of Sky with it's majestic queen, Hera. Their story is a tragic one. Are you sure you wish to continue?

Be quiet and let me tell the story. They could not see each other often, and when they did it was only a fleeting glance in the counsel. But their love was strong and it did not die, but grew even stronger. Now, there was one rule these two lands shared. A rule never to be broken on pain of death.

'You must never go into a land you were not born into.'

If you keep interrupting me, I'm not going to finish.

My humblest apologies. Continue.

Thank you. Now, the king plagued queen Hera's thoughts. And the more she thought of him, the more her heart ached at being away. She wept to sleep each night, thinking only of him. One night, she could not take to be one more day away from him. So she decided that she would visit. She knew that even as queen, she was not exempt from the rule the two islands shared. But she planned to leave in the cover of darkness, even knowing this.

So she left and visited him. When the king saw her in his land, he wept, deep grief taking him. For he knew the rule, as all did. But she silenced him and they spent many nights together, speaking and opening their hearts. But this happiness did not last.

No happiness does.

The counsel, who resided between the two islands, heard from a servant of the queen that often her room was vacant at night. Suspicious, the counsel sent a private servant of their own to inspect this. When the servant returned the next day, he told them of the king and queen staying together. Enraged, the counsel sent for the queen and king.

The king and queen came, just as they always had. The counsel then sentenced them to death, deciding their heirs. The king and queen embraced as they were cut down.

Ah yes. If only the counsel had reconsidered and appreciated the strong love between the two, we would not have this problem today. But they cannot fathom our love, for they belong to no world. They were only raised to rule.

The child knows nothing of the problem.

The problem is the reason you are here, child. The part that is not told traditionally is the most important. As the queen and king fell, they both cursed their lands so that many would not be allowed to love, just as they had suffered. Now, two hundred years later, the curse still continues.

The king's curse bid his kingdom to the heavens.

The queen's curse sunk her kingdom to the sea.

A sad thing indeed. Now child, are you ready to leave?

Rules:
1. PLEASE DO NOT BUMP
2. Follow all of CS's forum rules.
3. No killing other characters without the owners consent.
4. Your character CANNOT be a Mary Sue or Gary Stu. That means that your character cannot be perfect.
5. Please keep swearing to a minimum.
6. If you're going to swear, please use the asterisk symbol after the first letter. Ex. B****, F***, so on and so forth.
7. Replies must be three or more sentences long. It has to be possible to build off that reply.
8. If you want the curse to be broken, you have to have vote on the fanclub. The majority rules.
9. Neko's are not allowed. This is simply to avoid what usually happens when Neko's are introduced (Ex. Slavery) and the inevitable temptation of breaking CS rules. Me and Sessy have put a lot of work into this thread and don't wish to see it shut down.
10. No mermaids, sirens, dragons, and the such as characters. This is to avoid whole other kingdoms.
11. IMPORTANT!!! A user can only have one character!!!
12. Please try to keep romance to your own race. This will help the race live on. If a line does run out, new users may make characters from that race until it is full again.
13. Fantasy art only please. Since this is a fantasy RP, it won't fit if you have a realistic person. So please, even if it's art you made yourself, have fantasy as the style.

You will get strikes for breaking rules. If you get three strikes, you will be banned from the forum. A NEET is a person 'Not in education, employment, or training.' I may add more rules as needed. If you have any questions, you can PM me. I don't bite.

Mods:
Dopey333444 (Dopey)
Obsessed (Sessy)

Sub-Mods:
Sky
xXRockfootXx

Sea

From the start, if you don't have a job, you will live on 'welfare'. This will give you minimum wages automatically. This will only be enough to cover basic necessity's. If you wish to buy items or pets, you will need to find a job. At the end of each actual day (Eastern Timezone) your accounts will fill with the amount you earned that day. You will not have to actually work if you don't want to and are not called by your boss (if you have one). The only worker that have a boss currently are the Royal Messengers. The length of time it takes to learn a skill from school depends on your king and the subject you will learn. Three real days will be the general amount of time. You don't have to use any of the currency or items or anything. It is optional.

Here's coding for the Sky stamp shown below:
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=2806627][img]http://i.imgur.com/gAVeDCT.jpg[/img][/url]

Here's coding for the Sea stamp shown below:
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=2806627][img]http://i.imgur.com/nm3uXHz.jpg[/img][/url]
Last edited by Dopey333444 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:31 am, edited 18 times in total.
Dopey333444

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tʜᴇ Isʟᴀɴᴅs / / Sᴋʏ Isʟᴀɴᴅ // Tᴇʀʀᴀ Cᴀᴇʟᴜᴍ

Postby Obsessed » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:19 pm

(Art credit to TylerEdlinArt. Visit his DA and see his other incredible works here!)
City closeups: East Capitol West Capitol North Side South Side West Cont. West Cont. East cont. South cont. Uninhabited Outlying Island Uninhabited Outlying Island Cont. Copia Copia Cont. Swamplands Mountain Cliffs

Explore Terra Caelum here.

King Fell Pallix Diodus Aradhel
King Fell Pallix Diodus Aradhel demands 15 Aeros every week.
'Welfare': 40 Aeros

Currency:
Aeros

Species:
Fae = Current Limit of Two [Left: 0]
Other than the fact that they have wings, their looks are similar to humans. Fae can fly and are automatically Royal Messengers from birth. They only have to work when called by their King. Otherwise, they can do whatever they like. They are the only people with permits to go between Islands, and that can only happen twice a day - going and coming back. They can use their abilities and permits to send letters illegally for money (it will be transferred from the account of the sender to the account of the Fae) or as a favor. However, it is possible for them to be caught doing this and put to death or severely punished.
Elves = Current Limit of Four [Left: 3]
Elves tend to be, physically, tall and slim with tapered ears. Some are a little shorter or bulkier, but this is the average. Elves are smart and the best hunters of the island. They have superb reflexes and a keen sense when it come to animals. Elves, treasured for their hunting prowess, are given the option to live in the kings woods. They are allowed to hunt as they please as long as they turn in 20% of what they hunt. They also have a deep connection with animals, and can become dragon tamers if they go to a school made and run by elves. They can be sentenced to punishment if they choose to live in the kings woods and do not turn in the 20% asked of them.
Dwarves = Current Maximum of Four [Left: 4]
Dwarves on average are short and stocky with features similar to humans. Some keep long beards, while others are clean-shaven. The best and highly coveted engineers, dwarves are know for their knack for making the best and most long lasting items. They are also known for their extremely long life span. They are the only race given the privilege of being an engineer, and often they invent what is used in every day life. They are also skilled jewelers, smiths, and miners. Dwarves can be inventors, and to qualify, they have to invent at least one useful thing. Dwarves who are inventors may live in a wing of the palace set aside for their use.
Humans = Current Maximum of Four [Left: 4]
Humans are shorter than Elves but taller than Dwarves and Fae. Their features vary widely compared to the other races, so that there is no set average. Farmers, cashiers, and waiters are usually the normal jobs humans can get. They are, however, known for their high social skill. This makes them good entertainers, magistrates, and peddlers. They can go to school to learn dancing, singing, and music, along with story-telling, juggling, and acrobatics. With these skills, they can qualify as a court jester. They have to be qualified before hand to get into a school to become a magistrate.

Fell Pallix Diodus Aradhel wrote:
Posted! Jobs Open:
(Pay given each day.
It is not required to RP job or buying or anything at all relating to the currency.
Pay is added to bank account.
Schooling lasts three days, and then your character qualifies for a 'special' job.
○ equates to an open job
• indicates no one is hiring for this job.)

○ Innkeeper: Varies
○ Tavern Owner: Varies
○ Student: Eighty Aeros
○ Waiter: Eighty Aeros
○ Cashier: Ninety Aeros
○ Story-teller: Ninety Aeros
○ Messenger: Ninety Aeros
○ Jeweler: Ninety-five Aeros
○ Butcher: One Hundred Aeros
○ Peddler: One Hundred Aeros
○ (Requires Schooling) Acrobat: One Hundred Aeros
○ Herbalist: One Hundred Ten Aeros
○ Jester: One Hundred Twenty Aeros
○ Candle Maker: One Hundred Twenty Aeros
○ Farmer: One Hundred Fifty Aeros
○ Hunter: One Hundred Seventy Aeros
○ Weaver: One Hundred Eighty Aeros
○ (Requires Schooling) Magistrate: One Hundred Eighty Aeros
○ (Requires Schooling) Dragon Tamer: Two Hundred Aeros
○ (Requires Schooling Unless Dwarf) Engineer: Three Hundred Aeros
• Royal Messenger(Only available to Fae) = Five Hundred Aeros

Residents:
To Form - King of the Sky IslandObsessed│Fell Pallix Diodus Aradhel│Elf│Male
To Form - Royal MessengerxXRockfootXx│Galaxy│Fae│Female
To Form - Royal Messengerarc en ciel│Felurian Diusphel│Fae│Male
To Form - Sky|TruckerGirl|Munneth|Elf|Female
Bank Accounts:
Galaxy // 21500 Aeros
Felurian // 21000 Aeros
Munneth // 850 Aeros
Last edited by Obsessed on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:12 am, edited 24 times in total.
Obsessed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Pᴇʀᴇɴɴɪs Aǫᴜᴀᴇ | Sᴇᴀ Isʟᴀɴᴅ | Tᴇʀʀᴀ Mᴀʀɪ

Postby Dopey333444 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:19 pm

King Laerorndir Claur Aradhel
King Laerorndir demands 8 Aquilos every week.
Welfare: 30 Aquilos

The City Sights: The Outer Rim | The Center Rim | The Inner Rim | The Port

Currency:
Aquilos

Species:
Fae = Max 2 [Left: 1]
Other than the fact that they have wings, their looks are similar to humans. Fae can fly and are automatically Royal Messengers from birth. They only have to work when called by their King. Other wise, they can do whatever they like. They are the only people with permits to go between Islands, and that can only happen twice a day-going and coming back. They can use their abilities and permits to send letters illegally for money (it will be transferred from the account of the sender to the account of the Fae) or as a favor. However, it is possible for them to be caught doing this and put to death or severely punished.
Elves = Max 2 [Left: 0]
Elves are smart and the best hunters of the island. They have superb reflexes and a keen sense when it come to animals. Elves, treasured for their hunting prowess, are given the option to live in the kings woods. They are allowed to hunt as they please as long as they turn in 20% of what they hunt. They also have a deep connection with animals, and can become dragon tamers if they go to a school made and run by elves. They can be sentenced to punishment if they chose to live in the kings woods and do not turn in the 20% asked of them. Elves tend to be, physically, tall and slim with tapered ears. Some are a little shorter and bulkier, but this is the average.
Orcs = Max 4 [Left: 4]
Orcs are extremely tall with a green skin coloring. They are all raised in a warrior village by the waterfall where Orcs are taught all they know. Orcs have a longer life-span than humans, but not by much. However, they are incredibly sturdy and strong. This make them good guards and warriors. They are the only ones the Sea King will take as guards. They usually live in the servants wing. Orcs also can take jobs as body guards (Pay depends on purchaser of service) and are valued for their knowledge of warfare.
Humans = Max 4 [Left: 2]
Humans are shorter than elves, but taller than Dwarves and Fae. Their feature vary widely compared to the other races, so that there is no set average. Farmers, cashiers, and waiters are usually the normal jobs humans can get. They are, however, known for their high social skill. This makes them good entertainers, magistrates, and pedlars. They can go to school to learn dancing, singing, and music, along with story-telling, juggling, and acrobatics. With these skills, they can qualify as a court jester. They have to be qualified before hand to get into a school to become a magistrate.

Market and Port

Pet Prices:

Bird Weekly Upkeep = 7 Aquilos
Birds of Prey = 20 Aquilos
Pet Bird = 10 Aquilos

Horse Weekly Upkeep = 12 Aquilos
Speed Breed = 17 Aquilos
Strength Breed = 26 Aquilos

Dog Weekly Upkeep = 6 Aquilos
Dog = 4 Aquilos
Wolf = 37 Aquilos
Fox = 25 Aquilos
Coyote = 21 Aquilos

Cat Weekly Upkeep = 7 Aquilos
House Cat = 5 Aquilos
Tiger = 30 Aquilos
Panther = 39 Aquilos
Lion = 36 Aquilos

Rodent Weekly Upkeep = 1 Aquilos
Guinea Pig = 3 Aquilos
Rat = 1 Aquilos
Mouse = 1 Aquilos

Livestock Weekly Upkeep = 3 week
Cows = 15 Aquilos
Goats = 6 Aquilos
Chicken = 2 Aquilos

Hippocampus Weekly Upkeep = 12 Aquilos
Blue Untamed = 300 Aquilos
Blue Tamed = 600 Aquilos
Purple Untamed = 400 Aquilos
Purple Tamed = 700 Aquilos
Green Untamed = 500 Aquilos
Green Tamed = 800 Aquilos
Silver Untamed = 9000 Aquilos
Silver Tamed = 1200 Aquilos

Dragon Weekly Upkeep = 20 Aquilos
Blue Untamed = 400 Aquilos
Blue Tamed = 500 Aquilos
Green Untamed = 600 Aquilos
Green Tamed = 700 Aquilos
Silver Untamed= 800 Aquilos
Silver Tamed = 900 Aquilos

Sea Dragon Weekly Upkeep = 10 Aquilos
Blue Untamed = 300 Aquilos
Blue Tamed = 500 Aquilos
Green Untamed = 400 Aquilos
Green Tamed = 600 Aquilos
Silver Untamed = 700 Aquilos
Silver Tamed = 900 Aquilos

Food Prices:
Meats = 5 Aquilos
Fish = 3 Aquilos
Vegetables = 7 Aquilos
Fruits = 10 Aquilos
Dairy's = 8 Aquilos
Drinks = 6 Aquilos
Grains = 11 Aquilos
Spices(Includes sugar, ect) = 9 Aquilos

Residences:

High-Class Housing

High-Class Weekly Payments = 30 Aquilos
High-Class live directly under and around the palace. Has space for large farms and stables.

Middle-Class Housing:

Middle-Class Weekly Payments = 19 Aquilos
Middle-Class houses fill the islands that surround the palace. Has space for medium farms and stables.

Low-Class Housing:

Low-Class Weekly Payments = 8 Aquilos
Low-Class live in the edge islands, farthest from the palace. Has space for small farms and stables.

King Laerorndir wrote:
Jobs:
Jobs that don't require Schooling:
Pedlar = Varies
Innkeeper = Varies
Messenger = Varies
Student = 50 Aquilos
Waiter = 60 Aquilos
Cashier = 65 Aquilos
Farmer = 80 Aquilos
Hunter = 100 Aquilos
Fisher = 150 Aquilos

Jobs that require Schooling:
Palace Guard(Only available to Orcs) = 115 Aquilos
Entertainer(Only available to humans) = 120 Aquilos
Juggler = 135 Aquilos
Musician = 140 Aquilos
Artist = 145
Acrobat = 160 Aquilos
Bounty Hunter = 175 Aquilos
Alchemist = 225 Aquilos
Magistrate(Only available to humans) = 250 Aquilos
Story Teller = 260 Aquilos
Court Jester = 280 Aquilos
Dancer = 300 Aquilos
Dragon Tamer(Only available to elves) = 350 Aquilos
Royal Messenger(Only available to Fae) = 500 Aquilos

Population:
pillowflight-Leela Sangford-Human-27-Entertainer-Middle Class
bleeze-Keralin-Elf-21-Story Teller-Low Class
.:!~Lemurs~!:.-Azaria-Elf-37-Dragon Tamer-Middle Class
Intelligentleman-Ryo Jinsoku-Human-19-Alchemist-Low Class
Harmony:treenafairy8-Treena-Fae-20-Royal Messenger-Middle Class

Bank Accounts:
Leela Sangford = 3840 Aquilos
Keralin = 2230 Aquilos
Azaria = 11200 Aquilos
Ryo Jinsoku = 1950 Aquilos
Treena = 600 Aquilos

Trying to make this less crowded and build the world a little to catch up with Sessy so things will be moving a little.
Last edited by Dopey333444 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:57 am, edited 15 times in total.
Dopey333444

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tʜᴇ Isʟᴀɴᴅs||New and Accepting

Postby Dopey333444 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:16 am

1st Generation:
Dopey333444

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Perennis Aquae||New and Accepting

Postby Dopey333444 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:27 am

Res
Dopey333444

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pᴇʀᴇɴɴɪs Aǫᴜᴀᴇ | Nᴇᴡ ᴀɴᴅ Aᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛɪɴɢ

Postby xXRockfootXx » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:33 am

Name: Galaxy || Species: Fae || Occupation: Royal Messenger || Location: Home/Palace || Tags: N/A

Galaxy fluttered out of bed groggily, rubbing her eyes with a yawn. She glanced around her luxurious bedroom, her eyes finally resting on a painting of the two islands. She smiled widely, shaking her head slightly. Something was nagging her. A dream of some sort. But she could never remember her dreams. With a sigh, the Fae lifted her golden wings, yanked a brush through her red hair (It was still as messy as always, no matter what she did), and walked out the door, tucking in her wings but still banging the edges on the door.

As Galaxy walked down the street, she smiled again up at the bright sky. It was a nice day, and the smells of other islandgoers filed the air. The drooly-pet smell of a man walking his dragon. The herbalist smell of a vendor, selling "magic" lavender that could make you 10% smarter. Reading his sign, Galaxy shook her head and laughed to herself. She picked herself up, and flew through the crowds to the palace, straightening her messenger bag before heading inside.
Last edited by xXRockfootXx on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xXRockfootXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pᴇʀᴇɴɴɪs Aǫᴜᴀᴇ | Nᴇᴡ ᴀɴᴅ Aᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛɪɴɢ

Postby Harmony:treenafairy8 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Treena-Fae-20-Sea-Tag:None

Treena arose from quite a long sleep. She knew she would need rest for today was a busy day at work. It would be her first day flying to the other island by herself. She slinked out of bed, her feet hitting the slightly cool floor. She stretched out her wings and her arms with a delicate yawn. She fluttered over to her window. As she undid the latch, a burst of salty sea air flew into her face. With a deep inhale, she had a feeling that something exciting would happen today. She did a quick flip in the air as she drew back all of her curtains to let the rosy light of the sunrise shine in. She quickly got dressed in her uniform, complete with her seashell necklace she always wore. She glided over and grabbed her bag and grabbed her tea and lunch. She had never really been a breakfast person. Treena got to the door knowing she had forgotten something. Suddenly a playful but sad meow/roar startled her. She rushed over to Cecil's cage and unlocked it. She was then attacked by a lavender fur ball. "C, look what you have done" she said with a smile. "Now I have fur all over my uniform." Leaning in, she gave her lion a good scratch around his mane,"just like everyday." She put some meat in his tray and filled his bowl with water."Don't make a mess of the house" she then flitted out the door. She grasped the shell around her neck as her stomach began to fill with butterflies. "I will get through this mom, I swear! It's going to be great. I am going to be an amazing royal messenger just like you." Treena then put her mind to better use by slightly humming a song as she flew off to work.
Harmony:treenafairy8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me