♡ ━━━ purcell's pairings - pls lock

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: ♡ ━━━ purcell's pairings

Postby poppyxoxo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:55 pm

𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚

❀ twenty years old ❀ (she/her) ❀ heterosexual ❀ 5-6/10 ❀ mentions: Leonora ❀ tags: Tate

Amelia couldn’t suppress the giggle that wanted to escape her lips and she thanked whoever was watching over her that she hadn’t been sipping on her drink. She took a contented sigh, smiling over at Tate. “I was hoping for no one had caught on with my façade. I thought that I may have been able to sneak within this amazing building unnoticed. How unfortunate that my acting skills were my failure” she spoke, playing along with Tate’s playful words. She already felt much better that she had someone to be comfortable around, even if it was only for a moment. “Alright, I assure there will still be plenty when we arrive back her later. There should be plenty for your friend as well” she replied politely, taking a sip from the cool water she had chosen. She allowed herself to fall silent for a small moment as her eyes caught the light of the large chandelier that hung above them, twinkling beautifully.

Amelia glanced down at her beautifully blue dress, watching as the light seemed to bring out the colours rather magnificently. She would never cease thanking her parents for this enchanting attire. She turned her attention to Tate who was standing beside her, happily observing the crowd of beautiful people. “I do find that, as it is brought to my attention. Though I have never been to one quite this lovely, I do agree. This night is to be the start of many wonderful things, I find” Amelia replied gently, rather taken by the motioned of things. She turned herself to properly look up at the handsome brunette beside her. “It is quite a change, but it does feel like I have been here before although that is not the case” Amelia answered, propping her glass against her opposite arm that was crossed loosely across her body.

Amelia collectively leaned in to the so called ‘secret’, a smile faintly gracing her face. She happened to be having some of the most fun that she had in a while, and it would most definitely have a lasting affect of the young women. “Everyone in your family must have the most beautiful hair. I wish my hair would do the same” she replied earnestly, tilting her head ever so slightly to meet the eyes of her company. “It is quite a long trip; however, I love the feeling of the Seabreeze brushing through my hair. I have never fallen ill so I hope I can keep hold of my luck. I am finding New York rather glamourous in a way that seems natural to all of them. Yourself, Sir?”.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝐉𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐦𝐚 (𝟥)

Postby wait for me. » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:40 pm

𝐉𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐦𝐚 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞
Status; 7/9 | Mentions; Leif, Jasper, Annalise | Tags; Cosette
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Jemima was glad to see the other woman puff up with pride. She was not usually one to hand out compliments, it simply was not how she communicated appreciation or affection. Even so, that didn't mean that she couldn't hand them out with the off-the-cuff honesty of a well-seasoned flirt. Clearly, dishing out compliments to both herself and her homeland had been the right way into this woman's heart - or at least her good graces. Jemima trusted that, even if she had not found a friend, she had at least found an ally for the evening. Like on the battlefield, allies were the most crucial part of any sort of party. Performing well was not solely a matter of your own actions. Just as often, if not more often, it was the actions of others that dictated your fate. One had to keep an eye out for any sort of opportunity, or else your back may be left unguarded and susceptible to attack. Or, in the case of this evening, a particularly undesirable encounter.

Was Mr. Purcell her ally, she wondered. If Jasper's attendance of this party were anything to go by, he most certainly was not. Mr. Purcell enjoyed a good bit of gossip, and loved to watch drama unfold - who didn't, after all - yet, it felt odd that, after all that had happened, Mr. Purcell would still want Jasper at his daughter's coming-of-age party. As a dear, old friend of her father's, he had to be aware of what had preceded the end of their courtship. She knew that Mr. Purcell had refused to think ill of the young Mr. Addison, that he had been his saving grace in the social world (his reasons why were his own prerogative), but that did not necessitate any direct association, let alone a party invitation. And what of the brooch that she had been handed upon her entry? She knew that it was for finding her supposed perfect match, but how had Mr. Purcell decided on such a thing? And what was to be expected of her and this man after tonight? Was it merely courtship, or was the man she met tonight supposed to be her one-and-only?

Upon being asked of potential relations amongst the other partygoers, a strange plucking sensation built in the bottom of Jemima's chest, throbbing in time with her heart. Hoping to soothe away the budding ache, she brought her hand to the throbbing spot and circled it with her thumb. The question of whether or not she knew anyone here had suddenly become a question that might reveal a great deal. Of course, the woman at her side was from another country entirely, and likely from a different circle; she had said that she knew very few Americans, after all, and had never even met the host family. What were the odds that she would know of the gossip from this side of the Atlantic? What were the odds that she would even know Jasper's name, let alone her own! The deck was surely stacked in her favor! And yet, she worried, "Well, that little party of three," She pointed to Annalise, Leif, and Jasper just as Annalise split away from the two men with a haste that Jemima could only describe as desperation, "Two." She quickly corrected herself, "Are Leif Devitt, a former student of my father's and the other man is...a friend of his. The name slips my mind just now." She lied, perhaps not as convincingly as she might have liked. Her words jumbled together in their haste to leave her lips. Perhaps referring to Annalise as desperate had been a bit hypocritical of her.

Jemima glanced over her shoulder to see how close they were to the refreshment table. Though she had intended to refrain from alcohol tonight (she had a nasty tendency of becoming far too open-hearted when she drank) a drop might be required to keep her fretting at bay, "And I suppose we know each other now, don't we? It may ruin the surprise later, but seeing as we're strangers, masked or otherwise, I believe a formal introduction is in order. I'm Jemima Fairlie." She smiled and dipped her head in a faux bow, "And you are..?"
wait for me.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♡ ━━━ harriet vance | 001

Postby yves » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:10 pm

HARRIET VANCE
────────────────────────────────────────────
status: 8/9 • paired with: rowan • mentions: annalise • tags: rowan, emilina

Most young women would leap at the chance to meet dozens of handsome young men. Most young women would fawn over the idea of becoming a wife to some stocky, classic workman of a husband. Yet, “most women” didn’t include Harriet. Even as early as fourteen, Harriet recalled attending her cousin Sarah’s wedding and believing the whole association behind marriage completely barbaric. At least, those were the words of fourteen-year-old Harriet. Family and friends constantly reassured her that she would grow to the idea eventually, but Harriet never did see the appeal. Women were expected to marry a man, and find happiness and create a life from that—but Harriet couldn’t imagine her, a man she would marry and happiness in a picture together. That was, it seemed, where Harriet “differed” from most young women her age. It was the reason she continuously refused fiancés despite her parents’ insistence. It was the exact reason that brought her to New York.

Harriet hastily shook her head as her mind wandered. What happened before she left England was the last thing she wanted to think about, and she knew if her mind dwelled on it for too long she wouldn’t stop. Harriet didn’t want to think about how she lost her longest and closest friend, because that story had replayed in her head more times than she could count already. It was funny to think, though, that before all of this, Harriet and Arabelle laughed at the idea of being invited to the Purcell’s ball when Harriet told her. “You, my dear Harriet, going to a ball? In America? To meet a man? To marry, no less!” Arabelle’s voice echoed in her mind, but Harriet shook her head once more. She agreed to attend the party in New York with the hopes of patching up the relationship Harriet had with her parents.

That was right. Harriet wasn’t left with much choice but to go to New York, especially after what had happened. Although she wasn’t fond of the idea from day one, the tense atmosphere was so unbearable that it set Harriet on edge. She hated any inkling that someone was disappointed in her, and her mother already made her feelings clear multiple times.

As the carriage travelled up the gravel path leading to the Purcell family home, Harriet could finally see the large, red-bricked manor known as the Purcell’s family home. An odd sensation of anxiety danced in Harriet’s stomach as the carriage came to a clattering halt outside the grand entrance. While Purcells’ home reminded her a lot like her own, Harriet couldn’t help but feel an unusual sense of uneasiness. Perhaps it was because she never truly wanted to attend in the first place, or perhaps it was the thought of being surrounded in a room full of strangers. Normally Harriet held a certain air of confidence, yet now she was far away from home, she felt almost vulnerable. But, if there was anything she learn from hailing from an aristocratic family, it was how to fake it. In theory, as long as Harriet gave a good impression, she’d be fine.

When the door to the carriage swung open, Harriet immediately corrected her posture as the driver’s head peered around the corner. Harriet stood up, straightening out the pale pink, silky material of her dress, and fastened her mask to her face, before finally stepping out of the carriage. That was one other thing, Harriet supposed, at least the party had a masquerade theme—it added an extra layer of mystery that released Harriet’s imagination and curiosity. She thanked the driver, stepped out onto the gravel driveway, and admired the Purcells’ house standing before her. A chilly autumn breeze brushed past Harriet’s bare arms as she slowly approached the two, rather large, double doors signalling the entrance of the manor.

At least Harriet knew one person. She was only the front and centre of the party, being Annalise Purcell herself. Harriet and Annie exchanged messages overseas for a couple of years, as an incentive from both of their fathers. The two of them had never actually met in person, of course; Harriet had never travelled further than France before. Perhaps, at a large event such as Annalise’s own coming-of-age party, they could meet each other for the first time. Though Harriet wasn’t even sure if Annie remembered her penpal from her adolescent years.

Snapping back to reality Harriet caught sight of two others—a young man and a woman—a little further head of her. They seemed to be the only others around by the entrance at the moment, aside from the man standing in the treshold of the doors to welcome the guests. As Harriet quickened her pace, she heard a faint babble from the brunette girl, asking if the slightly older man was okay to walk in with her. Harriet didn’t hear the whole thing, but she figured something like that wasn’t half a bad idea. It sounded a lot more desirable that wandering a strange house on her own. Harriet caught up as they reached the entrance doors, and spoke up from behind them. “Hello, I’m awfully sorry to intrude on the two of you,” came Harriet’s voice. “I don’t suppose you would mind another one to come along to join you two?”

WORD COUNT ─────── 883
yves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakapples » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:22 pm

𝐑𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐜𝐀𝐝𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐡
    [form: x] - [24] - [Scotsman] - [lover of whiskey] - [feeling comfortable and charmed] - [tags: emilina & harriet]
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
    xxxAs he stepped out from the carriage and onto the trodden road, Rowan cast his gaze on the estate and all of its fanciful ornamentation. The lawn was green, almost as green as the glens of his beloved Scotland. He figured that the gardener and landscaper the Purcells hired were making good coin. Notable about the estate itself was the orange brick, as rudy as his own hair. Brick was, of course, an easy indication of wealth and comfort. The Purcell's mason surely made good coin, too.

xxx "Pardon me," came a gentle voice, "would you mind walking in with me?" Rowan turned to the source of the request. Deep green caught his eye first, then the woman in the dress herself. "I hate to say I don't exactly know what I am doing," she continued, rather shyly.

xxx"Ye and I both, it would seem," Rowan said, smiling at her. It was relieving, knowing that he was not the only one feeling a wee out-of-place. "Allow me. It seems they've paved a walkway." He offered her his arm so they could walk together. He felt his body tense up, and he wasn't sure if it was because of the imposing rudy-brick facet of the Purcell's dwelling, or if it was the presence of a lovely lady at his side. He took a few steps with her before asking, "If ye dinna mind, what is yer name, lass? Where have ye travelled from?"

xxx"Hello, I'm awfully sorry to intrude on the two of you," came another polite voice. At first he thought it was the lass in green, but upon halting, he noticed another woman approach them. "I don't suppose you would mind another one to come along to join your two?" she added.

xxx"Certainly not," said Rowan warmly, offering his other arm. "We were just getting acquainted. Ye can call me Rowan," he said, bowing his head to them both.
oakapples

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♡ ━━━ leo ; v.

Postby fawn, » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:21 pm

xxxxxx𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐓
xxxxx( 20 years old . wealth; 7 . social; 8 . paired with; vincent ellsworth . tags; annie )
xxxxxx▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
x

Leonora didn't think she'd be able to stop grinning quite so wide even if she tried. The pure joy she felt at being reunited with Annie after several years was totally unparalleled. As Annie held her face, Leo found her eyes searching her companions for any hint of what had previously been upsetting her but any trace of worry had been wiped and replaced with the same excitement Leo herself was feeling. "You are too kind Annie but you must look in a mirror yourself! You look exquisite, quite the belle of the ball!" she smiled fondly at her friend, her nose crinkling playfully, "You have such a good eye, you would be correct of course, father spared no expense as his little girl was to be reunited with her very best friend!" she chuckled and took a step back to admire Annie's gown. "I imagine the same can be said of your dress? It's truly mesmerising, what a gorgeous colour and it suits you so well too, you look positively sparkling darling!" The pale blues really did compliment Annie so well, colours that Leo herself did not think she would be able to pull off. The two of them must make a rather interesting picture, one dressed in a deep red, the other in a pale blue with both of them clinging to the other in the garden whilst a party continued on as though unaware of their existence.

Leo listened and nodded sagely as Annie spoke. This was one of the reasons the two had stayed as close as they were for as long as they had. Annie had the amazing ability to sum up the way she was feeling in a relatable way. Leo patted her arm lightly, her smile attempting to convey her support for her dear friend.
      "I wholeheartedly understand, though the prospect of marriage and courtship is rather exciting, one cannot help but worry about exactly who one might be paired up with..." Leo had not seen anyone with a colour of gem similar to hers just yet and so she was completely oblivious to who her partner would be. After meeting Tate, Leo only hoped that her pair would be even a fraction as nice and reassuring as the lad had been. As Annie insisted she was fine Leo had to bite her tongue, she adored Annie and she knew her well enough to know that the girl would tell her nothing until she was good and ready to discuss it herself.

The mention of her father had Leo snap straight back into reality and she offered a smile tinged with sadness,
      "I am very well thank you, I cannot complain! After all, I am back with my very best friend! Father is doing better though he has not fully recovered just yet, he remains weak..." Leo trailed off, not really sure how to finish answering the question. In all honesty, she wasn't really sure what was wrong with her father, the physicians had gone to every length to ensure that Leonora and her siblings were told nothing about her father's condition, they were only privy to watered down status reports about his general wellbeing. "He was very excited for me to come here though, I know he would love to see your father again as soon as he's able and my brothers miss Charles terribly!" she giggled lightly and bumped her hip to Annie's. At the talk of matchmaking and the gems they possessed, Leo's eyes took on an excited glimmer, she revealed her brooch to Annie, the garnet twinkling nicely against the deep wine of her dress "It's as if your father knew what colour my dress would be!" she murmured with excitement, her own eyes searching for Annie's brooch, "What colour do you have Annie? I'm sure I can assist with helping you rustle up a fine gentleman myself!" she grinned, waggling her eyebrows playfully. "I did meet a rather dashing young man on my way in, Tate Ricci, if all of the men attending are like him then I feel I shall be quite comfortable here!"

A small part of Leo had always dreamed that she would meet someone and fall in love before her parents even suggested an arranged pairing but alas, here she was. She still held out hope that she would find true love, just what would she do if her true love turned out to be a different man than she was matched with? Leo shook her head lightly, she would have to cross that bridge if she ever came to it rather than spending time dwelling on it in that moment. For now, she just wanted to enjoy the evening with Annie and meet some more handsome suitors, perhaps the love of her life was present tonight.
fawn,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Marjorie (4)

Postby RaptureMetro » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:04 am

⚕︎⚚ 𝑀𝒶𝓇𝒿𝑜𝓇𝒾𝑒 𝐿𝒶𝓇𝓈𝑒𝓃
      ───────────────────────────────────────
      { 24 . 2/10 . paired with: Leif Devitt . mentions: tag . tags: Jade }
    Dark eyes lit up hearing the young woman chortle at her comment; she couldn’t help but be relieved that she hadn’t offended the young woman with her less than kind statement about their gracious hosts being excessive. Truly it was the nicest compliment she could muster, after all this whole affair seemed rather imposing even by the standards of someone with much more refined tastes and qualities in life such as the Purcell’s. Marjorie could only hope if she had the satisfaction of making the young Annalise’s acquaintance this evening, that the leading lady of tonight's festivities wouldn’t end up being a coddled, pampered, wretch like she was expecting to come from the likes of such a refined family.

She paused, nodding along to Jade’s response, showing she was listening to what her companion said, a shame she wasn’t closer but Marjorie had a hunch she would find someone who was quite familiar with the Purcell family in due time. “I’m actually not acquainted with the Purcell’s, my parents had a run in with them a couple years back and we didn’t think to much of it” She recalled, her attention turning towards the arching ceiling of the ballroom taking a few extra moments to recollect the memory of when the summons to the young Purcell’s party arrived. “My family was requested to provide some of the catering for this event, that’s as far as my familiarity extends for this family” She admitted, it was of course an honor to have such an influential family as patrons to their quaint business, but compared to someone such as Jade who actively worked for the family (and even made the young Annalise’s gown for the evening), it wasn’t as grand a feat.

A warm smile held her features, a look of content at the compliment. Marjorie couldn’t help but be at ease with her new companion, the young seamstress seemed genuinely sweet and simply a breath of fresh air among the more stuffy elites she had been expecting to encounter this evening. Her brows arched ever so slightly at Jade’s slight pause between words, a curious glint taking hold of her dark eyes at the more mischievous Cheshire like grin that took hold of her companion’s features. Her lips curved into an almost equally guileful look at the young woman’s comment, a subtle nod of acknowledgment was given towards the mischievous statement. “I think you might be right, I’m sure the fates will soon realize it was a mistake for us to meet this evening." She added with a hearty chuckle, after all it was truly dangerous to leave two like minded women alone together.

Dark eyes followed her companion’s gaze as the two stared at the bright pink gem that contrasted awkwardly against the much more subtle shade of Jade’s dress. It was almost a relief seeing that someone else seemed confused and uncertain by this whole matchmaking scheme, very out of the box was a kind way of putting things. The entire situation was utter lunacy, expecting complete strangers to fall in love with one another after one night. How was anyone supposed to explain this to their families after the event was over, how would her mother react to Marjorie returning home with a ring on one finger and a man around her arm? How does one even begin to explain the series of events that transgressed in the first place? “Yes the brooches are rather lovely, they look quite expensive and meticulously crafted don’t they?” she commented, her eyes returning to gaze at the mild color of her own brooch.

Jade brought up a few good questions, all of which left Marjorie’s head swimming with similar thoughts. How were the pairs chosen? Was it just simply luck of the draw, or did the Purcells perfectly plan and calculate the likelihood of each pair's success based on background, each partner’s personality, and other key factors? Did they only match aristocrats with their fellow elites and the lower class with people of similar standings, that didn’t exactly seem fair now did it? It just seemed odd and illogical, “Romantic” She murmured, the word felt foreign in itself as it tumbled past her lips, brows furrowed, an unconvinced look holding tightly to her features. “Hesitant is a good emotion, how can someone truly judge a stranger’s character based on one interaction?” She verbalized, still very much lost in thought, it was a rhetorical question but she didn’t mind for some additional insight. She was less than optimistic for the prospect of being betrothed to someone she encountered at a stranger’s gala.

“Truthfully” she started, hands locked together as her eyes danced about the guests, wondering which poor unfortunate soul she had been paired off with. “I’m not entirely thrilled” She admitted, a sheepish look taking hold of her features, “It seems strange expecting us to find our apparent soulmates at such an event, what happens if we do not find happiness with them? What if they turn out to be unkind, or have old fashioned expectations of how a woman and wife should behave? There are so many uncertainties, and so many what ifs that I’m not sure how I feel, or what I’m supposed to feel about this entire arrangement”
RaptureMetro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cosette - four

Postby Mezzo » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:47 pm

❀ 𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐒
    ───────「 5/10 | Paired with: Ulysses Miller | Tags: Jemima | Mentions: Leif, Jasper, Annalise (briefly) 」

Following the other woman’s gesturing with a rapt attentiveness that more than likely gave away her intense inquisitiveness, Cosette set her sights on the trio, now duo, that her companion had pointed out. Ah, the boisterous group of aristocrats that had almost immediately congregated like bees (for lack of a better comparison). She supposed they did all share a dignified, debonair air about them that was not unlike that of her current company, so she couldn’t be surprised; like knew like, after all, pas vrai? Though, speaking frankly, she’d rather have committed to memory a few more names than just the one of this so-called Leif Devitt (for instance, who was the silver-masked man beside him, or the belle who had just retreated? De plus, why had the girl so suddenly left the two men behind? Hmm.), but she wouldn’t bite the hand that was feeding her — she would take what she could get for the time being. Rather, Cosette was thankful that the other lady had been nothing but polite and friendly so far, breaking the ice and entertaining the whims of a stranger instead of turning her away.

“Ah, I see. A group of scholars, then?” she commented idly, more for the sake of conversation than anything else. Sure, she could envy that they had had the means and opportunity to pursue higher education while she had a more basic schooling in comparison - which she was definitely not going to unveil to the other woman who had revealed herself to be the daughter of both an accomplished scholar and a teacher! Why, no wonder she seemed so well-learned! - but Cosette preferred to think of it this way: these men were of the ilk that she wanted to ingratiate herself with during her time here. At the very least, they were people to keep an eye on, to be sure. It would certainly be a shame if neither had the match she sought for her navy blue brooch, but then again, she didn’t much care about the predetermined pairs. It would be fortuitous if Cosette found herself matched up with her ideal type (and what a funny phrase that was, since as far as Cosette knew she had never actually had a type to begin with, just the ideal of a man she wanted to marry for the benefit of herself and her family), someone of good breeding from a well-to-do family, sure, but she wasn’t the type of person to leave that to fate (or in this case, fate being one Philip Purcell) — and on the chance she was paired with a man on the poorer end of the spectrum, then she wasn’t going to take that sitting down, no thank you.

Catching a momentary but noticeable pause when her companion was about to address the silver-masked man beside Monsieur Devitt, Cosette raised an eyebrow behind her mask when the other claimed not to know his identity, the words spilling out in too much haste to be perfectly honest. First, the pause from earlier, and now this? How curious — now she was absolutely chomping at the bit to delve deeper! She was no gossipmonger, of course she’d never had the time for such pettiness, but she found it impossible not to wonder what was going on behind the scenes to cause this flusteredness. Even so, she reined in her curiosity. This wasn’t her business to begin with and, were she in the other’s shoes, she certainly wouldn’t thank anyone butting in to something clearly personal out of nothing more than a nosy need to know. So, once again, Cosette let it slide; she instead returned the little dip of the head that Jemima Fairlie gave her, introducing herself in kind with a smile. “And my name is Cosette Beaumarchais. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, mademoiselle. Merci beaucoup for indulging my questions.” Thank heavens they’d finally exchanged names, she wasn’t sure how much longer she would have been able to maintain the conversation without knowing such a simple fact as that! Admittedly, it was her own foolhardy decision not to introduce herself earlier, but now she knew better than to try that again. So much for the magic of the masquerade. Maybe Philip Purcell had hoped for the mystery to be part of the appeal, but for Cosette, who didn’t know any other attendees in the first place, all the masks did was irritate her nose. She, needless to say, was not part of that intended audience. Then again, maybe their enigmatic host was just an eccentric. Considering the whole brooch ordeal (she was still trying to wrap her head around the idea that they were giving such expensive accessories out for free! For free! If her father tried such a thing, he’d go out of business in days!), she couldn’t eliminate that possibility.

With introductions and pleasantries out of the way, Cosette moved right along to the next great topic of interest tonight: the so-called matchmaking. Were she a more conversational person normally and this a more quotidian meeting, she might have brought up something more safe and mundane, like if Jemima had ever been to France (she wouldn’t be surprised if she had!) and, if so, what she thought of Cosette’s home country, but… she was not. Some questions demanded answers more than others, and Cosette wasn’t necessarily here for the small talk; perhaps there’d be time for that later, but for now she settled on asking, “Permit my curiosity, but I am wondering what color is your gemstone? Perhaps I will run into your match later tonight.” Not one to be rude, though, she answered her own question first with a quick flash of her navy blue brooch, adding quietly (for it seemed to be the point of the masquerade to keep the gemstone colors a surprise for the most part), “As you can see, mine is a bleu foncé.”

She had to wonder what Jemima must think about the matchmaking scheme in the first place. From the brief conversation they’d shared, she seemed like a level-headed person (excepting that instance earlier when she had hastily stumbled over her words at the mention of the man standing next to Leif Devitt) — perhaps a realist like herself, even! Maybe they could commiserate over how silly the arrangement was.
Mezzo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

T | 007

Postby senna_ » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:58 am

────────:𝚃𝙰𝚃𝙴 𝚁𝙸𝙲𝙲𝙸
      :'3.5/10 caribbean green gem pair: emilina browne mentions; tag tags; amelia
    At the mention of “his friend,” Tate found his gaze shifting away from Amelia and towards the large French doors that Amelia had pushed through to escape the thickness the room carried with it. He felt bad for her quick flee, although he did recall her saying earlier that large parties weren’t her most favourite thing in the world. He still found himself stuck on the comment she made regarding the overall size of the gathering: it wasn’t that big, or, at least smaller than what the Purcells were used to throwing. While Tate could see that simply because of how large the ballroom was, it was hard to properly envision triple, maybe quadruple that amount of people that were currently standing within the portion of open space granted by the cream walls. While he did have to say that the homey parties thrown back home had more people than the amount here at the current moment, it certainly felt far smaller. It had to be the location, undoubtedly; cramming two or three dozen rowdy families into a tiny house made it feel far more crammed and vivacious. Viva. This party was sophisticated, mannerly, proper. It wasn’t that Tate wasn’t enjoying himself, because he quite liked drinking in all the attractive attire worn by the men and women, but it was certainly different. He didn’t have another word to describe it as best as that one.

“I suppose it’s best the only theme of the party was the masquerade aspect,” he commented, reaching up to give his bronze-shaded mask a gentle tap with his index finger. “It seems everyone has dressed differently. I think it makes the room pop more beautifully; if everyone wore the same colour, it would look much duller.” He glanced back at Amelia once more to make a further observation. The way she stood gave him the strong impression she was of higher class, or at least was familiar with a setting like this, despite her opposing words. How could he not think it? Her posture was extremely casual (crossed arms – did women often cross their arms at an event such as this one?) and it almost looked as though she was leaning more of her weight on one foot than the other. Tate didn’t find it disrespectful, if anything admirable for acting so casual at a party with such high standards, but he did admit to himself that it was a different sight than what he was expecting. Perhaps it was for the best – he wasn’t sure how long he would be able to deal with over-the-top formalities before he crumbled.

“I’m sure if you are attending tea parties, then you must be familiar with at least the wealthy class,” Tate observed, keeping his tone more on the down-low, timid she was of high class. “Surely you know the Purcells in some way? Something close?” It wouldn't surprise him. Since she and Leo seemed relatively unfamiliar with one another, Tate wouldn't necessarily go as far as saying that Amelia and Annalise were as close as Leo was, but given her stance and manners and overall appearance, she had to be up on the social ladder. It only seemed to make sense that way. Was everyone here rich? That certainly bumped Tate down quite a bit; personality only went so far when it came to the future. Women wanted money. Men wanted money. Tate didn't exactly have much of that to offer.

While he let out a chuckle to acknowledge her comment regarding his family, Tate did not verbally speak more of it; he was far more interested in her life than his own. “I suppose you must either love or despise it,” he mused. “I quite like the way you described it. The sea breeze and sparkly blue waters make it sound beautiful. Esotiche. My trip over was horrendous ─ I am certainly no natural traveler when it comes to going overseas. It did not help that my fellow ship companions were no better at holding in their insides than I was.” He shook his head with a small sigh. “I do not look forward to the trip back. Do you like glamourous? Or is Edinburgh – or I suppose anywhere with a quiet atmosphere, assuming such – more your cup of tea?”
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
─────────────────────────────
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A | 007

Postby senna_ » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:30 am

────────:𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙰𝙻𝙸𝚂𝙴 𝙿𝚄𝚁𝙲𝙴𝙻𝙻
      :10/10 silver gem pair: jasper addison mentions; tags tags; leonora, vincent
    Although there was still a hint of a nagging feeling stirring in the pit of her stomach, Annie still did a twirl, arms out to show off the dress she had managed to snatch for tonight’s ball. “Mother said it was made by one of the guests,” she informed Leo. “My dress. I have yet to figure out who that is. But I am glad the colour does go well! I trust your judgment, Leo; you have always had such a good eye for fashion. I quite like the red – it shows you are here to make a statement. Are you here to make a statement, dear? Surely you have not come to play tonight. Red is so very powerful.” Her voice died off into something more breathy once more as she eyed the dress in complete admiration. The red was deeper than the roses Annalise had been given a few weeks ago. While Annie obviously had yet to see it in action, drifting through the colourful gowns inside, she already knew it would catch eyes from every angle. How could it not?

She sighed slightly when Leo made a very good point about the pairs. “My father gets far too caught up in his own head sometimes,” she noted with a small, disapproving shake of her head. “I haven’t a clue what was running through his head while he was planning this all. It does not help that my mother refused to say two words about it, either. For all I know, the names were picked by the servants. I would surely hope that was not the case, but it is too difficult to tell. Maybe once I see everyone. But I do feel bad for not knowing your pair.” She jutted out her bottom lip slightly and shook her head once more, this time far more slowly than the first time. “How ever so cruel of my family, leaving this party to be just as mysterious for you as it is for the rest of us.”

She reached out to squeeze Leo’s hand reassuringly yet again when the blonde bravely continued the conversation of her father. In honesty, Annie wouldn’t have been offended one bit if Leo turned it down. While she did not know all the details, she knew enough to know it was a hard topic for her best friend. She admired the young woman’s bravery for speaking with such fondness about the man. “I pray for him,” she told her friend. “Miss Bell in the city has the best herbal remedies. I will be sure to send some back with you; it will not cure, but it must help. I am sure of it. My father will surely find you soon enough. I know he has been worried, too. Oh, and Charles… ” Annie couldn’t help but roll her eyes, though it was in a lighthearted fashion. “It seems it is he that is the highlight of the ball. I believe I have heard more about Charles himself than anything else this evening! I mustn’t tell him, though. That’s dangerous, letting all of that go to his big head.” She hummed a laugh, then looped her arm around Leo’s. “Shall we head in? I hope you were not planning on hiding out here all night! As beautiful as the gardens are this fine evening, I am afraid, dear friend, the men are not clever enough to find you out here.”

She commenced her walk, slowly though, to waste more time outside with her dear friend. A puff of air escaped her lips at Leo’s ever-so-eager inquiry about her gem, and, with a smile, Annie tilted her head to properly meet her friend’s gaze. “Oh, sweet Leo, I have already found my match,” she informed her. “Rather quickly, and completely coincidentally. And, might I add, I acted so embarrassingly childish that I would not be surprised if Jasper Addison did not wish to bear another word to me until the day I die. Or… He dies. Whichever fits better.” She frowned a bit by the awkward phrasing, but her mind was quickly snatched by the name mentioned aloud. “I cannot say I am familiar with the name,” she admitted. “Father invited many men and women I do not know. I am sure your suitor will be perfectly charming, though. I except no less for a woman like yourself.”

Putting on a brave face, Annalise pushed the doors open once again, keeping her arm connected tightly with Leo’s. “Shall we speak to some other men?” she asked. “I haven’t built up the courage to return to Mister Addison, and we need to find your partner. Oh, why not him over there?” Although it was posed as a question, Annie was already making her way towards the unfamiliar man lurking in the shadows. Why was he alone, anyway? This was a ball! And better yet, a ball filled with assigned pairs. Pairs, including two people. “Hello, good sir! Might we join you? You look awfully lonely, standing here alone in the corner.”
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:23 pm

𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚

❀ twenty years old ❀ (she/her) ❀ heterosexual ❀ 5-6/10 ❀ mentions: ❀ tags: Tate

"I do think that the masquerade adds a rather beautiful spin to things. I could certainly mention that the atmosphere seems rather electric, in a delightful way" Amelia commented, her eyes glittering with more excitement as the night went on. The way everyone interacted and moved made Amelia almost sad at the thought that she would have to leave this place at some point. For now though, she was happy to stand back and take it all in before the festivities truly began, whatever those may be. "I think the mixture of colour certainly adds personality to the room" Amelia added before she set her finished glass of water back on the table behind them that the person in charge of the refreshments table had directed her to. She turned to her place beside Tate, straightening herself out.

"I am familiar with them, yes, although nothing quite this lavish. I love everything about this event but I do admit that there is something almost intimidating about it all" Amelia admitted to Tate, turning her body slightly to face him more. She adjusted her skirts in a ladylike manner. She was by all means use to dressing in such beautiful dresses but nothing could ever quite prepare her for the for events such as these and so she was always somewhat conscious of herself, as she half expected everyone else was. "Somewhat in the middle. I prefer to make whatever good I can out of it" the brunette explained, tilting her head up so that she could meet the gaze of the taller gentlemen. Amelia liked his company; he seemed genuinely interested in her and like he preferred to be around her rather than wanting to turned around and walk the other way. He asked questions about her life and wanted to know more which brought about a contented smile upon her face.

"Well, it is a rather beautiful experience or at least the segments that I partake in. Being surrounded by the sea isn't the worst thing I could experience. However I do feel your pain as I use to get sick when I was younger but I guess you could say I am accustomed to travelling. Your trip over would not improve your feelings towards travelling" Amelia commented, grinning slightly at the thought before she fell silent again. "Edinburgh is a lovely place, peaceful but also the amount of possible adventures is easily to be immersed in. I do enjoy glamour but I would not complain about a picnic in a blooming park. What about yourself; what do you prefer to do during your free time?".
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me