โ„‚๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐•€๐•„๐•Š ๐• ๐•— ๐”ป๐•†๐•„๐”ธ๐•€โ„•-wolf/witches/vamps-ALWAYS OPEN

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

๐’ฏ๐‘’๐“‚๐’ถ ๐’ฎ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“Œ - 03

Postby Wallflower11 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:47 am

ใ€Ž ๐’ฏ๐‘’๐“‚๐’ถ ๐’ฎ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“Œ ใ€
| Location - Art Stall | tagged/interacting - Jayden (periphery of the whole lamb debacle) |
โ€

"Ooh that makes sense," Tema responded tilting her head, "better get that coffee then!" Tema added a little awkwardly. Small talk was not her strong suit no matter how much she enjoyed a person's company, light conversion was always a bit mess of second-guessing responses and never knowing where to take the conversation. Despite her weakness in more causal conversations Tema enjoyed talking to people once she got past that first little bit of conversation she could talk or listen to someone for hours, about almost anything.

At Jay's offer, Tema smiled, her heart swelling with the sentiment. "Thank you so much, really I appreciate it. I'll let you know if I need help. The people can get a bit much sometimes." She replied letting out a small bubbling laugh. The flow of people coming to Tema's stall was starting to return again. Meaning she had to return to keeping shop soon. Luckily Jayden seemed to have made the same observation, allowing Tema to escape having to end the conversation (another thing she struggled with).

"Thank you for the offer but I've already got some here." The brunette grabbed a slightly dented Lilac thermos from under the table where she kept all of her own things so they didn't get in the way. "Hot chocolate from Mirabelle, definitely helps with the cold and the people." she laughed. Tema had quickly learned it was basically a fruitless endeavor to try to refuse anything from her landlady, Mirabelle. Especially since the woman had decided to basically adopt Tema since she didn't really have any family left, when she moved to Ute after her mother's death.

"Maybe I'll see you later? Hope you have fun," Tema said.

Tema sighed settling back to her routine of helping the people stopping by, answering questions, and making simple conversation the best she could. The artist found herself humming to a song stuck in her head, as an angry-looking farmer stormed past almost knocking someone into the stall next to her. She paused for a moment curious as to the cause of the man's sudden appearance but decided that some mysteries are better left as they are. Especially when it comes to petty local drama.

TIL; that there is a difference between "Hot Coca" and "Hot Chocolate"
Wallflower11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dakota (4)

Postby Ashton_99 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:30 pm

โ—„โœฏโ–ถ๐™ณ๐šŠ๐š”๐š˜๐š๐šŠ ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š•๐š‘๐š˜๐šž๐š—โ—„โœฏโ–ถ
โœฏ Wolf Pack Beta โœฏ Location: Cafe/Festival โœฏ Tags: Lyall/Johann (Mentions Carson) โœฏ

Her packmate's passing jostle seemed to flip a switch, a snarl curled up on Dakota's face before she could stomp down on it. Historically, Dakota and her inner wolf got on very well. She was born with lycanthropy in her blood and had long since found peace with the instincts and greater impulses that had been instilled within her. Sometimes, however, things that Dakota as a human would brush off her wolf would take another way. Since she'd become the pack's Beta, those instincts had only gotten stronger. Tension shot through her body, her nails leaving crescent shaped marks in the meat of her palms in the moment it took to dissuade herself from turning around and stomping after Carson. She and the other wolf hadn't always gotten on well personally. They were different people with different focuses when it came down to it, whatever had just occurred didn't seem to be that though. At least that's what she told herself until her more aggressive instincts abated.

With a put-out huff, Dakota cast a glance over her shoulder at the door Carson had stormed out of. She clicked her tongue, looking to Lyall then Johann in turn. "Did you now? I hadn't noticed." The tone she used was something between wryly amused and worried. She cast a teasing look to Lyall, "At least she didn't break the door though." She slid into the spot Carson had vacated, "Didn't you use to be some smooth talker, J? What happened to Mr. Heartbreaker?" The attempt to lighten the mood was accompanied by a grin as she not-so-subtly swiped the man's cooling cider.

Happy to be inside (in a place with an actual heater of all things!), Dakota shed her coat over the back of her seat and set her hat aside on the table. She took a sip of her swiped cider and instantly made a face at the temperature. "I've been betrayed!" Dakota slid back the mug back, making a face like the cider within it had committed the most grievous crime imaginable. "I named a baby cow after it and everything and this is what it does to me?" Wilting into the booth like it was a Victorian fainting couch, Dakota continued her dramatic, and hopefully distracting enough, tirade, "This won't do at all- Lyall, the cider 's betrayed us. We need real food." She picked up a menu, considering what she'd eat this time around.

Did Dakota really need to look at a menu? No, she'd been coming to the Cafรฉ since she was a teenager and the menu hadn't exactly changed much. Did she go perusing it anyway? Absolutely. Weather it was picking something up on the way to work or coming in after wild nights out in her twenties, she'd spent plenty of money over the years at the cafรฉ. She had tried everything on the menu in some capacity or another (from buying it herself to stealing if off of a friend's plate).

It was this ritual that she enjoyed the most however, being here with Johann and Lyall. Back in that time in her twenties, when it was awkward just being in the same room as them, she'd learned just how much spending time with them improved her life. It wasn't something she'd take for granted again.
Ashton_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

one โ” one

Postby pereyra » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:43 pm

dossie big fire โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ—ˆ
he/him โ”€ vampire
festival โ”€ mentions: none โ”€ tagging: open

โ—ˆ dossie hadnโ€™t necessarily meant to end up at uteโ€™s harvest festival. it had happened more or less incidentally- being the type to only come down from the cabin he resided in when he absolutely had to, he didnโ€™t really keep tabs on what was going on around the town. on this particular day, he happened to come to town because he needed supplies to fix one of his skis. heโ€™d broken it hunting- dossie had mastered the art of chasing down elk and other similarly sized animals on skis. sure, animal blood didnโ€™t sustain his kind as long as human blood could, but dossie could never completely shake the guilt that came with hunting people. animals couldnโ€™t talk back.

so heโ€™d left his home expecting ute to be as quiet as it usually was, and instead he found the place teaming with people, booths set up and flyers posted everywhere for the townโ€™s harvest festival. and that was all well and good- maybe even the type of thing dossie would have attended before he had been turned, but post-vampiring, dossie had kept to himself. initially, he had resided much further into the mountains, but when a wildfire took out the area, heโ€™d still made a point of moving into a cabin just outside of town. outside of his job, he rarely talked to others- and when he did, it was always about skiing or snowboarding, two things well within dossieโ€™s comfort zone.

feeling like a fish out of water, dossie began to weave his way through the crowd of people, damaged ski hoisted up on his shoulder.

jeno culpepper โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ—ˆ
he/him โ”€ human
festival โ”€ mentions: none โ”€ tagging: tema

โ—ˆ when he had first seen the fliers for the harvest festival coming up in ute, jeno had been nothing short of delighted. this was exactly the type of thing he loved to attend- not for the people, but for the art. heโ€™d always loved these sorts of events, and for a while now heโ€™d played with the idea of setting up his own booth for his photography, though jeno wasnโ€™t sure if that was something anyone else would be interested in. regardless, he had been looking forward to the day of the festival for a while- even when his parents informed him heโ€™d still have to work his morning shift at their cafe.

by the time jeno was able to leave the cafe, the festival was already in full swing, people milling about in droves. wrapping his scarf tightly around his neck, he joined in on the event, making his way around some of the booths before he stopped at an art stall of paintings, manned by a young woman with dark hair. he thought he might recognize her, but for the life of him, jeno couldnโ€™t put a name to her face. then again, she could be a completely stranger. his memory wasnโ€™t all it used to be these days.

jeno took a step closer to the stall just in time for someone else to storm past, almost running into another person in the process. he watched for a moment, just to see if anything else would happen, before shaking his head and looking at the woman running the stall. โ€œi wonder what all that was about,โ€ he commented off-handedly as he looked over her paintings.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐™ƒ๐™–๐™ง๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™Ž๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ - 03

Postby Wallflower11 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:17 pm

๐™ƒ๐™–๐™ง๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™Ž๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™
| Location - Festival | tagged/interacting - Witches, Carson, Luka |
โ™ 

Bite was happy, their pack was almost completely here and they were going out. As much as the familiar enjoyed going for runs with Harlow in the woods. She still felt cooped up, something they hated after years of being caged and experimented on by the hunters who once held it. So while Bite was much happier that the pair of them had finally settled with a coven she had to admit she missed the freedom that had come from Harlow's old lifestyle. However, the safety and instinct of being part of a coven far outweighed the sense of freedom. The last time the familiar had been in a coven was her birth coven. Though it had been years since then. Bite had been in the coven long enough to come into its being and learn its purpose. If she hadn't her magic would've faded and she would've become what her form dictated as her nature.

Bite kept themselves orbiting the group as they headed towards the town. The energy deep in the earth of the place hummed, the she-wolf didn't quite understand what made this place nor this energy different from the places she had seen before but she did feel its pull. It wasn't malevolent and that was the important part.

As the group got into the center of town Bite started to drift towards Harlow preferring to stay close to her bonded. It made it easier to keep him out of trouble. Harlow for all his charm and sweetness could easily get himself into trouble. If her form could sigh it would at the memories of Harlow's misadventures. Bite didn't mind the looks from the townspeople as they found themselves mixed in with the throngs of people at Will's direction to get food. Humans didn't understand her and that was fine as long as they didn't keep her from her bonded or act especially rude.

โ˜ฏ

Harlow was a little internally peeved at the fact he couldn't go off and do his own thing. He could handle himself against more than most, no matter how unpracticed he was with magic. The annoyance at Will's call quickly dissipated. It made perfect sense, hell he probably would've suggested the same thing. Frustration bubbled up, at his instantaneous reactionary emotions. He hated them, he didn't use to, when they were directed at his father or teachers or his superiors at the hunting guild, but now he found them directed at Will against all logic and rationale. He liked Will, she was a great head witch (though he didn't have much experience with that he would still stand by it), but something in him got hostile whenever instructions were sent in his direction. Something that didn't even happen often, Will didn't really take a bossy approach to leading the coven, and yet it still he still bristled. It was so stupid. It was probably the same part of him that still shrunk away from some of the affection and closeness from his coven mates.

Released from his train of thought by Bite nosing him at the mention of food for her. Harlow was glad he didn't actually have to worry too much about dietary restrictions for Bite. He had found the out rather quickly after the familiar had gotten into a huge stash of chocolate and other food that wolves probably shouldn't eat in large quantities while he was asleep. At which point some poor small-town veterinarian had gotten the fright of their life to find a man and a very large 'dog' sitting out in front of their clinic when they arrived early in the morning to open the clinic. Everything had turned out fine the vet couldn't find anything wrong with Bite at all, and Harlow only had to explain that "no he didn't own a full-blooded wolf" because that's illegal, "she's just a very big wolf-dog". It had been quite a day, and if he ended up 'accidentally' leaving $500 behind on top of the bill then that was his business. But at the end of the whole thing, he came out learning that Bite's physiology wasn't quite normal. Which probably shouldโ€™ve been at least the third sign that she wasn't just a wolf, but Harlow being the man he was kind of just shrugged it off because maybe wolves aren't like dogs and can eat chocolate or maybe she didn't actually eat it. (He's aware that for a man who knew about supernatural creatures and rescued Bite from people who deal with supernatural creatures he did a lot of unnecessary rationalization on the subject of Bite).

Harlow himself wasn't particularly hungry so when it was his turn to order he just ended up getting a sausage for Bite and several packages of maple sugar candy to bring back to the house. He made some conversation with the woman running the stall, a pretty blonde about his age, he smiled at her, listening to the local gossip she supplied, storing it in the back of his head out of habit. She handed him his things, giving him a somewhat apprehensive look after noticing Bite. Her "Have a nice day" was rather stilted after that. Harlow knew that Bite could be intimidating to people who didn't know her, she was a full wolf just walking around, it was natural to feel a bit of instinctive fear at a possibly wild animal. It was one of the reasons he had taken to tying Roxanne's bandanna around her neck, it made her look more like a pet than a wild animal, especially since Bite refused to wear collars. But the woman's reaction seemed particularly strong for some reason, though he shrugged it off, dismissing that instinctive itch of there being something more. If there was it wasn't any of his business.

Noticing that Will was busy with the stall across the way, Harlow wandered a few stalls down, still within sight distance (is that a thing I'm too tired to remember) of the others. Browsing some especially cheesy tourist-oriented paraphernalia, he should probably pick something up to add to his small collection of small-town tourist things that he had picked up while traveling for hunting. Picking up an especially offensive key chain that he personally found charming he purchased it.

By the time he returned to the others Will had made her purchase. Watching the lead witch point in the general direction of the stall with Rosemary, he nodded, "Sounds good." He snorted at Faris' remark about them being the Scooby gang. "Wait if we're the Scooby gang, does that mean I'm Shaggy? Because I've been told I'm more of a Fred." Bite, the obvious Scooby of the bunch, woofed in agreement.

He noticed Farris' attention was directed elsewhere. He had learned that when Farris' got that look on her face she was looking at the things that exist beyond his perception. If he centered himself he could feel the collective energy of the beings in the vicinity rise, a tension of sorts, flecked with somethings wild and somethings old. He wasn't very good at channeling or getting in touch with his inner magic so the feeling quickly fled. And he took to using his 'mortal senses' to pick up on what was causing this disturbance. Following Farris' gaze to the unfolding scene.

Note 1: Passages with the "โ™ " symbol above them are Bite's pov. Passages with "โ˜ฏ" above them are Harlow pov.
Wallflower11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me