↘ ғᴀᴛᴇғᴜʟ ᴀʟʟɪᴇs

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: ↘ ғᴀᴛᴇғᴜʟ ᴀʟʟɪᴇs

Postby sunhorsestar » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:33 pm

Lucien Tandler | 19 | Wealth 4 | Nearon | Tagging: Royce, Fleur

Lucien offered a bow in response. "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Fleur, a beautiful name for a beautiful woman," he told her. "My name is Lucien Tandler, of kingdom Nearon. Likewise, feel free to call me by my first names. I’m not one for unnecessary formalities." It was an odd realization that the two rivalling kingdoms were mingling at all, and much less within the very same room! Not that he was about to complain. Lucien would by far prefer peace than war when it could be helped.

"The food and home, huh?" Lucien smiled from the corner of his lip. "What about it? It IS quite impressive here," he decided, shifting his dark gaze around the room before returning it to her.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:49 pm

──
title: the artistxxwealth: ninexxkingdom: nearonxxtags: theodore

Annalise's sharp green eyes studied him as closely as she could through her silver-beaded mask, crinkling her nose as she leaned forward, the bottom jewel swiping cheekily against the tip of her nose. Raising a hand, she removed the itch, then turned her attention back onto Theodore, who was gazing at her with a serene smile. "When did you get so wise?" she chirped. He had always been gentle, open-minded, and accepting to all; Annie had always secretly been envious about it. It was something that she had always admired about him. Growing up in Soliah, the old-school town of Nearon, in a typically large household with a strict father who wished for nothing less than perfection from his children and a mother who seemed to raise her children- particularly her daughters- strictly to prepare them for the age they were rightly able to wed, hadn't always been easy for her. Anyone who knew Annie knew she wished to be elsewhere, like Greece or France, where she could pursue her dream a bit more freely than in Nearon. It wasn't to say she had no privileges in Nearon, for the King and Queen had accepted the new changes the Enlightenment wave suggested, especially regarding the arts, but it wasn't the same. The reputation of the Purcells suggested they were nothing more than party animals with a strict man to keep things under control, and a young woman like Annalise wasn't often taken seriously. She had sold a few of her paintings here and there, but it was nothing to give her the boost she desired. Although Annalise knew she would one day have to give up her passion and tie herself down to a house, bear a handful of children, and work endless days in the kitchen, she would do it unhappily. Her pleasing side would unwillingly remind her that it would make her parents happy, especially her mother, but, selfishly, she wasn't yet ready to experience that. Annie had had plenty of experience when it came to dealing with unimpressed parents, but hadn't had occurrences regarding her own displeasure.

Her gaze drifted back towards Theodore, having subconsciously flickered elsewhere. She had no reason to complain, and she had no right to, no matter how it was being done. Theodore had had a hell of a lot worse growing up. He hadn't a father, not for the most of his life, and his dear sweet mother left his being far too soon. He was soft, but Annie knew he had a determined fire burning within him. Soft, yet strong. Annalise had been envious of him for various reasons, but it hadn't ever been something that made her blood boil. It always melted when she saw him, and she was genuinely happy with his doings and how he had turned out as a young man. Her soft smile faltered ever-so-slightly at the thought of growing older and parting once more, for as much as she wished to keep all her childhood memories tight and as real as possible, there was always a day when things would break and they would have to grow stronger. Annie wasn't that strong. She may have portrayed a relatively decent amount of toughness when it came to speaking, but it was all mouth and no bite. At the end of the day, her commitment issues were still strong, and her inability to cope with change was as vivid as ever. It was a bit treacherous, really.

"I would never grow tired of you," she assured him with a light laugh, placing the tips of her fingers against the palm of his outstretched hand. The girlish grin had played at her lips upon taking in his comment on the play, and she gave in, allowing it to spread across her face. "Although I am sure someone like my overly dramatic brother Colin would do wonders in a theatre, most certainly far better than I would ever do, I look forward to receiving a script from you. Personally, that is; I do not wish to receive a copy from whatever butler or servant you bring back from your many places of travel." She lifted a brow in amusement, though doubted it was noticeable with the usage of her mask. Dropping it, though keeping a steady smile on her face at the unofficial comment about Aretha.

She fell quiet yet again as they drifted closer to a comfortable spot on the dance floor, stepping closer to him so she could place her hand against his shoulder with ease. His scent was warm and familiar, reminding her joyously of the old days, when the only fear they ever had was making it back home before dinner was served. A warm feeling washed over her at his sincerity, and she tilted her head to keep his gaze properly. "This party is for you, as well," she reminded him. "I appreciate your concern, Theo, but you mustn't fret over me. This is for you to enjoy, too." His sweet words truly did mean much to Annie, though; it wasn't often profound words were directed to her with genuine, lingering truth. "I am truly grateful for a friend like yourself; consider yourself Arkley's precious little gem. I don't wish for anyone to dull that sweet, shiny gentleness you carry on you."
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
─────────────────────────────
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

─────────────────────────────
'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:13 pm

Corrin Elmer | 20 | Wealth 3 | Arkley | Tagging: Aretha

Walking in a bit late was... somewhat embarrassing, having been kept back by an anxious, yet somewhat annoying twin sister who didn’t want him to leave home, but finally Corrin managed to get out and had made it. Stepping in, it seemed just about everyone was already occupied by their own conversations, and Corrin had never been one to interrupt someone's conversation. However, one young woman caught his eye, a beauty in the corner, with platinum blonde hair that caught the eye, and sparkling green eyes.

Corrin was not the wealthiest man on earth. Far from it. He was not as well-off as many of the men in the same room, but if they were both there, then there was no reason he should be afraid to speak with the young woman, surely! So he walked over and offer a slight bow.

Steeling his nerves, the young man forced himself to speak, trying for a friendly smile despite those nerves. "Good evening, ma’am. I couldn’t help but notice you standing all alone over here. My name is Corrin Elmer of kingdom Arkley. May I inquire yours?" He asked.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:52 pm

Kassandra DeMarks | 21 | Wealth 7 and a half | Arkley | Tagging: Open

Kassandra had arrived a long time ago, almost as soon as the doors had been open. Already she’d gladly had a couple dances and a glass of the fine wine, so she was content. Almost. Now that she’d separated from her last dance partner, she swept the area in search of someone, anyone, really, who might be open, seeking conversation or a dance.

Kass was dressed her finest, which was to say quite something, fitted with a dark blue dress almost the same shade as her eyes, and a red trim, with her long, wavy black hair done back into a tightly curled single braid down her back, clipped with a white flower-shaped brooch. She wore a silver necklace and a bracelet of alternating silver and white beads. Feeling at her best, looking at her best, only boosted her natural confidence, and the way she carried herself, head held tight, a smile on her face, holding herself with proper posture, suggested it.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:04 am

A R E T H A - tagging: Corrin

Aretha had somehow shuffled to the edge of the crowd, absently starring out over the sea of skits as she sipped from a glass flute. If it weren't for the background music to keep Aretha occupied, she would have lost her marbles. She thought back to the letter she had received from Annie and the one she had returned back, remembering how excited both of them had been. Now Aretha happily watched from afar as her friend chatted with a gent, noticing the glint in her friends eyes. Aretha already made a mental note to prepare for the gossip later.

Aretha was just about to move from her spot on the outskirts of the crowd when she was approached by a tall, handsome young man. She returned his stunning smile and curtsied slightly. She held back her own mischief, laughing internally at herself for such formalities. "Good evening sir, I am Aretha Ode of Arkley" she replied, her voice gentle yet confident.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:00 am

Corrin Elmer | 20 | Wealth 3 | Arkley | Tagging: Aretha

"Aretha Ode," he echoed. "A beautiful name for a beautiful young woman." I'm not used to approaching women... Corrin has very little experience with women in general outside of his mother and his twin sister, so he was QUITE sure he was coming off as at least a bit awkward, buuuut he tried his best not to let it show, keeping his smile, trying to keep good posture despite all the tension he carried.

Corrin raised an eyebrow, letting his gaze drift up to meet Aretha's eyes, a beautiful green, her pale hair and skin truly bringing out and complimenting the colour. "If I may, what’s a lovely young lady like you doing standing all alone in the corner? I’m sure there are a number of handsome young men who would vie for your attention or a dance."
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:33 am

effie jo / 20 / pansexual / wealth 3 / the foreigner
kingdom: nearon
tags: open

a small pink haired girl tied her horse to the fence outside the mansion. she knotted the rope as the horse kicked at the dirt. "taiyang, itll only be for awhile. this is important. i must show face," effie explained to the animal. it simply snorted in reply and the girl sighed, then turned away after the final knot.
effie, after navigating the twisting hallways, adjusted her eye mask and tightened the bow on her dress. she wore something lace and pink with gems, not the most fancy thing around, but it worked for her, and went well with her cream and blush mask.
she entered the ballroom and was greeted by soft music and the sound of voices everywhere! the place was grand! excitedly, effie took a few steps forward, then remember what she was told at the orphanage. "remember your place," they had said, and so she sighed and slumped her shoulders.
the girl gravitated to the wall next to a grand window where she tucked her hands behind her back and leaned against it. effie looked around nervously- everyone was dressed so nicely, much nicer than her, and they were dancing gracefully...
Last edited by onion on Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

three

Postby harrington » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:58 am

❖ ❛ ── kristoff monette, the "sweetheart", wealth of nine, kingdom of arkley. tags ;; ambrose

indent"Do not flatter me, you are quite polite yourself," Kristoff replied, swatting the air beside him. His response was genuine, he did find himself enjoying Ambrose's company. "Perhaps that is for the best," Kristoff responded to Ambrose's quip about his surname, "attention can get quite... draining, to say the least." Kristoff's eyes narrowed through his mask, worrying he had said too much. He wasn't one for emotional vulnerability, even if it was intended to be a quick joke. Kristoff was pleased when Ambrose changed the subject, one to something he could speak more about without worries of untidy emotions slipping out.
indent"Well, if I have to be truthful, no." Kristoff responded with a great deal of displeasure. "It's not that I don't enjoy these parties, I do," he stole a quick look around to all of the guests, "but being forced to go to masquerades every other fortnight to represent your father's business can be exhausting." Kristoff found his hand moving to adjust his mask, and quickly stopped himself. "This is the first time I've been able to enjoy myself, however. It is nice to have the freedom to do what I desire," Kristoff found himself laughing quietly. "If I really wanted, I could go fill my face with all the appetizers I pleased, and nobody could stop me."
indent"Enough about me," Kristoff waved a hand in the air, "what of yourself? Is this your first time?"

❖ ❛ ── agnes gladwyn, the tailor, wealth of two, kingdom of nearon. tags ;; liza
indentAgnes offered a chuckle to Elizabeth's comment. It seemed that they were in similar boats, bored of the snobbish nature of the ball and, truthfully, were getting quite board either standing in the corner staring at the ceiling or mindlessly speaking to other guests. "If I am to be completely honest, I am oft not too keen on conversation," Agnes lowered her gaze to the floor for a short moment, before bringing her eyes back to meet Liza's. "Not to continue with formalities, but I am Agnes Gladwyn." Agnes dipped her head slightly, still unsure of proper greetings, or if this woman would call her out on her mannerisms.
indent"And you?" Agnes asked, curious to know the other young woman's name. "Truthfully, now, don't take this the wrong way," Agnes murmured, "you are absolutely not what I was expecting in a masquerade ball of this caliber. Finding down-to-earth individuals seems rare nowaways, does it not?"
harrington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:17 pm

Kassandra DeMarks | 21 | Wealth 7 and a half | Arkley | Tagging: Effie

Seeing the arrival of another guest slipping into the ballroom, Kass made her way towards the young woman curiously, a tentative, cautious smile written on her face. The girl was considerably shorter than herself, with...pink hair? That was quite odd, but not in a way that was necessarily BAD, just interesting taste in style. The woman appeared to be perhaps... eighteen or nineteen, but looks could be deceiving. She was leaning idly against a window in the corner, away from the main action of the party.

"My dear, what’re you doing all over here by yourself?" Kass asked, raising an eyebrow and coming to a stop in front of the girl. "Shy of having been a late arrival? There’s no shame in it," she promised.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:49 pm

effie jo / 20 / pansexual / wealth 3 / the foreigner
kingdom: nearon
tags: kass

"ah!" effie flinched and drew back as a woman approached her and struck with bold words. she was admittedly a bit afraid of coming to this ball- after all, her wealth was not high, and she didnt exactly.... look the scene, so to speak.
"hello!" she started, straightening herself up and flattening out the front of her dress. effie then bowed slightly to the woman, who looked perhaps a year or two older than her, but not familiar at all. her dress was... gorgeous! and so was she! but looks werent everything, effie knew that. however, she seemed kind enough to at least approach the girl, so she gave her the benefit of the doubt.
"its just that i am quite nervous you see... ive never been to such a place," effie admitted.

♦️ june park / 18 / bisexual / wealth 8 / the athlete
kingdom: arkley
tags: open

it was like june to show up fashionably late to the occasion, but this time was different. in fact, he found himself in his striking red and white suit rather early that day. after taking the carriage to the mansion, he had entered the near empty ballroom and took solace in the sidelines.
truth be told, he was scouting for a pretty girl to scoop up, or even a man if he so chose, it didnt really matter to june. but being so young made it hard with all these old folks around, and you never know whats behind the mask.
the boy fixed his own eye mask and flicked away a tackier piece of glitter, then scanned his audience again. perhaps he could just join in with someone random... anyone would do...
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me