c r o w n o f i m m o r t a l i t y

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: c r o w n o f i m m o r t a l i t y

Postby G.L'S » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:00 am

Heath | Boatswain | On Port
Making his way down into port, the pirate held a swagger that held from his more entitled days, as being a Montgomery showed Heather a lot about how to act to get what you wanted. He turned to look at the rigger and made a face.
"Just don't go around advertising it," he said and went to weave through the bustling markets. All the stalls cried out their wares and the boatswain was unmoved as he moved toward the one stall he always found himself at for 2 reasons: 1) they were just as shady as he was and 2) their daughter was a looker. Heather had to admit that she had a soft spot.
"Good day my old friend," he said as they gruffly shook hands over bundles of rope, "you know I'm not one for small talk here so let's talk numbers. I need 400 feet this time, in the usual measure."
She kept an eye on Dean as he followed her and kept to himself. Once they hit their marks and returned to the ship, they could part ways. Although he was a funny rascal, she didn't want him accompanying her to her watering hole: t'was a little frowned upon. Once they agreed on a price and made false plans for a drink, the boatswain paid the merchant and waved at his daughter once his back was turned. With a chuckle he passed some rope to Dean and moved off for the canvas aisle. "So, take notes kiddo cause you'll do this alone someday."

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Sup y'all. I'm just a person
stumbling through life and
trying to adult as best I can.
Feel free to say hello.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WMEs-DAMs-Chrys-GSAs-SMWs-Thread

╚═════════════╝
G.L'S

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

captain silverclaw: post one

Postby alphanea » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:37 am

╔══════════════════════════╗

gender: female.>age: twenty-seven.>role: pirate captain....

╚══════════════════════════╝
    Jacquelyn>>Grey

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CAPTAIN SILVERCLAW
    ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

pirateSilverclaw had sworn that she would not lay eyes or a hand on a cup or mug or bottle of rum, not until nightfall. Unfortunately, that was one promise the captain couldn't keep, for the sweet temptation was simply too sweet. They had just reached the nearby port and Silverclaw had celebrated by draining the smallish amount left within her black flask in private; the easiest and fastest way of dealing with her sealegs on dry earth seemed to be just that. Good news, she was not drunk enough that she forgot to cover up what others could have called grotesque (in example, the arm) but bad news, it left her in need of a refilling of the flask.
      pirateStaying on ship was boring, besides she had full confidence everything would be in order by the time she were to return, so the woman strayed farther to check on the progress of the crew as well. Luck blew like the wind in her favour, before half an hour passing, she was greeted with familiar faces while she was walking around the dirty, pebbly roads, with her usual 'perfect posture' appeal, hands clasped one over the other just behind her back on the small of her back and her wide-brimmed hat shading her face.
      pirate"How brilliant to see th' crew, working like those little busy bees," The dark and usually-venomous voice of the captain rung a bit more chirpy than usual, showing she was feeling fresher with a rest and time to kill, yet her mind could have been loosened a bit with her little 'escapade'. Analytical, she, in a wink of time, looked down at the ropes and back at their shining faces, revealing what could be the sign of a faint smile curling up at one corner of her lips. "Where shall you be heading next?" It could prove interesting - better than sitting around and waiting for the next time they felt the wind on their sun-kissed skins. Plus the faster everything was dealt with, faster they would get to sail.
alphanea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

post six

Postby braunkatt » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:43 am

─── ( william michaels alderslade :: skyris :: cabin boy

the cabinboy squinted at the slightest, "no need to worry. i'm full." he put a hand on his stomach, he watched skyris patiently as she talked to the other cabinboy. it was embarrassing to even being referred to as one, almost everybody on this ship most likely thought that william was a joke. in the distance, the faint voices of the townspeople made him giddy. it had been too long since the last time he had communicated with a person other than his crew. though he did care for them like a father would, william often found it dreadful to even talk.

nodding with the slightest bit of remorse he sighed under his breath, "you want me to stay?" william's tone changed within the snap of a finger, "are you worried about others stealing?" william tried to make sense of what she said, either way, he'd still be bound to the ship longer than he'd like.

word count / 156
braunkatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rae sanders » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:18 am

skyris
    quartermaster ;; twenty-one

"No, the complete opposite actually. I'm not worried about anyone on this ship to steal from under our noses, more like the people that do not belong to this ship." She replied calmly. She has seen rivaling pirates steal right off of each other's ships while in port when the ships were most unprotected. She didn't want the ship to be joining that list of ships that have had that happen to. It would be an embarrassment to herself, and this ship. She would have to have some men later, stay behind, possibly herself if she wanted to keep the moment from happening.
    "I actually want you to accompany on port, I need to get some things done privately, and I feel that this would be a good experience for you, Willy boy." She had finalized the nickname for the crew member. She wanted to help him get more accustomed to the ship, and the life, and noticed many times when he had issues. She put one hand on her hilt, the other on her hip that she cocked out at the moment. She forcefully popped her hip from its joint, but not painfully, more of flexibility. It was her comfort stance.
    She looked off to the port, and watched majority of the crew gone. She looked up at the Pilot, who handed something off to a man, then stood at the wheel of the ship. "If you want to come, I'm leaving now. If not, you will have to assist with pulling ship onto land and scrubbing the hull of this beastie."
    With that, she barked orders to men as she walked towards portside and dismounted the ship, looking back, and then walking down the dock. Her soft thuds were barely noticeable, and her sword that layer against her left leg tapped against her leg, the silver singing with every stride she took.

"yo, ho, ho, a pirates life isn't for me"
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainy; » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:50 pm

ean restige ; ll round ailor

He chuckled as the Boatswain's admitted to having favored. He followed his footsteps and kept quiet during the exchange. He knew it was only his business to come with, because stretch comes in numbers, plus more numbers, means more material to carry back.
    He listened closely, before getting distracted and looking upon the material sold in the stall. He ran his hands over the clean canvas material and smiled. He found the beauty of a blank sheet great.
    He heard the deals being made and walked back, just in time for Heath to turn and hand him the rope. He tossed it over his shoulder, and followed the higher ranked member back to the canvases. He chuckled at the remark. "If only I was as amazing at this, as you are." He joked. He had done this on his own before, but was not going to say otherwise. He looked along the numbers of sizing and smiled. "The Crown is a beauty, just imagine her with new canvases on every sail." He said dreamingly. He knew that he could put his gold into the amount to purchase extra, even if it meant he wouldn't go into caverns late that night. He would find it worth it, considering that the sales would not be worn and the ship would be at best.
    Right as he said that, he heard a voice and his head shot over to see the captain. He had been ignoring the first line cause he figured it was just an [removed]. He tucked his head and looked to Heath, wondering if the captain had known of Heather's Heath and a sweat began to bead at the back of his neck, nervous. The woman made him uncomfortable. "We are off to get materials for sailing, ma'am."

"α yoυɴɢ мαɴ тнαт вeloɴɢѕ αт ѕeα..."
Last edited by raey on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: inappropriate content removed
Hello there, my name is Rain.

rainy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

post seven

Postby braunkatt » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:11 am

the young man couldn't help but stifle a laugh, skyris, something being done privately? comical! william saw it as an invitation, something other than this ship was the equivalent of winning the lottery in william's eyes. "i'll tag along. i don't really think i have a choice." he kept his voice low, william thought it would be best to just not alert everybody, skyris was being secretive about this; it ought to be special.

every second that ticked on by, more and more of the crew scuttled off of the crown of immortality. a beautiful ship like this was the perfect thing to sail off with. but then again, this area of the island almost seemed to be abandoned other than the town not even a mile away. shrugging off all of his thoughts he mindlessly followed around skyris. it never occurred to the cabin boy that skyris had never mentioned where exactly they were going. on a series of islands like this, it wasn't very hard to get lost.

word count / 170
braunkatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rae sanders » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:36 am

skyris

She walked off of the dock, and turned, seeing the pilot steer clear and leave the dock. Her heart slightly sank, for her love for the ship was strong, and she found it her home, but knew what was to be done, had to be done, it was the right thing. Her eyes changed from focusing on the ship, to William, and back to the ship as it sailed away and to the launch pad. She sighed and turned, walking toward the small town.
    She needed to get to the other side of town, where it was known for the more commoners, very little of pirates make it there, due to the fact they just swagger into the first tavern they spot to get the quickest drink. No, she had to go to this one. She was quiet surprised at the lack of curiosity in him as she steered left of the main road of the town.
    Just as she slipped behind the first building, she glanced over at the horses and men and women than went down the halfhearted cobblestone road. She turned her head back, and kept walking. The occasional sick man was on their path, losing everything in his stomach from drinking his money away. She furrowed her brow, she had never been much of a drinker, it was s poor sight to see, a lady like her drinking. It wasn't as if she couldn't hold them down, no, she could hold them down better than any man, it was just that her traits became poor, and she made poor decisions under the influence, and she became a whole new person, and it was best not to do that.
    She found herself nearing the end of the long walk, and out of her blouse, she pulled a pendant out, blue as the sky. She turned to William quickly. "We are almost there. I have some business here, stay quiet unless spoken to." Her warns were soft, and she turned back towards the way she walked, turning down the next alley and into a doorway, opening the door of the quiet alley and entering a tavern of the name Conchy Joe, meaning White man of the Bahamian.

Last edited by rae sanders on Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

post eight

Postby braunkatt » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:00 am

the town was quaint, a small girl with a basket of grains and an ensemble of chickens followed closely, wagons with traded goods formed into a circle with civilians running around like ants in the middle. william sucked in a breath; it had been months since the last time he'd be freely walking and it felt weird. the cabin boy had grown so used of the ship that he could feel himself leaning towards the wind as if he'd been on the ship. "it feels odd, doesn't it?" a small smile spread across his lips.

his eyes met with a paso fino carrying a family. will's hand softly grazed the horse's muzzle, "poor thing," he murmured to himself. as skyris turned his hand returned back to his side, continually he looked back to the horse. the amazing landscape the people of his island did was breathtaking, effortlessly they placed stone bricks on the grass. shaded buildings and shops enveloped the town, skyris and william solemnly approached the alleyway, his curiosities growing each time they passed another person. the more they walked, the more the people seemed to change.

"we are almost there. i have some business here, stay quiet unless spoken to." skyris kept her voice considerably low, he nodded profusely. it was obviously something important enough to not invite the rest of the crew. maybe skyris actually trusted him. as she opened the bar door he held it open for himself. the cold, wet air reminded him of the ship. people of all sorts of ethnicities garnered around the tavern all enjoying a drink together. it was quiet but tolerable.

word count / 271
braunkatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rae sanders » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:11 am

skyris

She moved into the tavern, the singing of a woman to the far left was happening on a makeshift stage, along with a thin crowd of busseling men, an occasional [enter word here] of a woman here and there, mingeling with the pirates. Majority of the men in the tavern were of higher classed pirates and traders. She looked to the back right corner, seeing that there was a large man beside the door that she was supposed to get to. She moved off to the side, to make sure William could get in and hoped he would follow her to the front right corner. She stopped and turned.
    "What happens in this back room now, will not repeated with anyone other than me." It came out more of a threat than a statement and waited for his response, while looking at the man, who had followed them moving over, and made eye contact with her.
    She knew that behind that door was where she needed to get to, and hoped that the pendant would help get her back in. She was scared, she had not dealt this large of business with this sort of power before, and knew if anything went wrong, that it could be both her and William's head, and she was not going to let that happen.

rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G.L'S » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Heath | Boatswain | On Port
Heath let out a chuckle at his youth and dreams. Although Heather wasn't very old, she felt her seasoned sealegs in moments like these. Maybe that was part of the reason she kept to herself: to run away from her own mortality. Hah, as if a pirate every had the luxury of owning that.
"You will be in time, just takes observance. Plus there's a test at the end," he teased as they both made their way down the canvas aisle. Mindlessly running a hand along the bolts as they walked, he mused in agreement at the rigger's sentiment. The lady would look significantly more fresh and bright in new sails, and with the payload she got she was not far off from doing it. A whole new set from top to bottom would lay them all back a lot. Plus, with hurricane season coming, it wasn't worth it, "well she'll definitely have new sails one storm season is through, if that's any consolation."
Heath never settled with one particular canvas stall because they all got rather competitive with each other. Nassau wasn't always the best place to buy canvas with Charleston and Florida being a decently close sail away so sometimes a sale would present itself. Soon, a worn-out looking stall presented a thick weave of canvas for a decent price. When Heath declared how much they needed, he figured the man would choke on his own chewing tobacco. He happily set their bolts aside, knowing it would take a couple of trips and bid the pirates happy sailing.
Heath was about to crack a lighthearted dude joke to the rigger when he turned around and was met face-to-face with the captain. A chill ran down her spine as she worried about the head of the ship seeing through her as she was bound to. She'd admit, the reason she decided to join this particular ship all those months ago was purely shallow, but now she wasn't so sure. She'd figure it would be best to stay on the captain's good side and just keep her preferences, and dirty laundry, to herself.
"We're bought and paid for, just need to load," he said with the usual gruff voice, hoping to reaffirm the stereotype. She sent a glance to Dean in reassurance even though inside she was rather nervous about how this would go down.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Sup y'all. I'm just a person
stumbling through life and
trying to adult as best I can.
Feel free to say hello.