โ„‚๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐•€๐•„๐•Š ๐• ๐•— ๐”ป๐•†๐•„๐”ธ๐•€โ„•-wolf/witches/vamps-ALWAYS OPEN

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Jayden (01)

Postby HauntedMansion » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:03 am

She/her - loc: festival - tags: Tema

With every step across the slanted surface, Jayden angled her boots carefully, knowing one wrong step easily meant breaking something importantโ€ฆ Just like she did last year. Standing on the second story of the local bed and breakfast, the comfy cabin, Jay had taken the afternoon to patch up minor damage brought to the roof by a fallen tree branch. It was always a blessing when the whole tree didnโ€™t decide to come down along with a single branch, a small warning before a much larger problem. Usually the winter wasnโ€™t this kind, and she had plenty of problems to deal with at this point. The peace left behind every fall season was always nice, though she knew it wouldnโ€™t be long now, not with the dark clouds that loomed overhead. She took a deep breath, attempting to physically shake off the gloomy feeling, while still remaining cautious of where she stood.
Kneeling down to hammer in the remainder of her handy work, as with every swing she is reminded exactly why she and winter are on bad terms. The cold usually made a point to remind her of every bone sheโ€™s ever broken, and any muscle sheโ€™s managed to tear. Even now, the scar painted across her right arm, the one given to her from a stray lightning strike about nine years ago, still managed to make her job a bit harder every winter. Her muscles only now began to give off a sore twinge, feeling the air only get colder by the hour. Before her arm could complain any further, she finished the last of her work, taking the back of her gloved hand to wipe away the sweat on her brow.

Once she made a slow descent on her ladder, she was met with the familiar smile of the buildings owner, waiting patiently to offer a hot cup of coffee and a newly woven scarf. They exchanged a few cheerful words, as Jayden folded up the ladder and discarded the broken materials from the roof, securing her own tackle tucked away in her tool belt, before the two began to part ways, wishing each other a safe night. Jay walked along the dirt road leading her back to town, seeing the festival decorations glowing like a beacon in the distant, automatically brought a smile to her face. It was the smell of baked goods and the sound of laughter, that cheerful fuzzy feeling everyone felt around these special holidays, it was everything that made this town truly special.
She had forgotten her scar for a moment, a few sips from her hot beverage seemed to soothe its radiating sore to a dull sting. Accepting that she was now done with work, but still wanting to be heard. One thing she noticed that the scar was good for, itโ€™s pain only persisted when a storm was near. In the past, sheโ€™d been called nutty for suspecting it, right up until the scars predictions came true. People have offered scientific reasoning behind the reactions, maybe sensitivity was heightened after she got tattoos over the scarred skin (A bad idea in hindsight) accepting that predicting storms could certainly be a possibility.
While Jay had been astonished at first, it quickly became a pain, literally and figuratively, though knowing she could at least warn other people about incoming weather was good enough for her. She made the best of something she had no say in. All this to say, her scar didnโ€™t let off the little pain it offered, wanting itโ€™s warning to be known. It didnโ€™t feel big nor did it feel small, probably one the vaguest predictions sheโ€™s ever gotten. She rubbed the sleeve of arm, attempting to warm it up a bit more, stepping onto the stone sidewalk of town square, surrounded by the typical array of colorful booths and warm smiles.
Being surrounded by cheer once more, she decided to let go of her vague concerns for now. Besides, she wouldnโ€™t want to ruin anyoneโ€™s mood with a false warning.

She strolled along town square, admiring what each booth offered, returning smiles and greetings. She kept her tool belt and her work jacket on in case anyone wanted assistance, a yearly tradition she carried on from when her father worked at the festival, hoping that if any problem were to arise, it could be fixed with a hammer. Continuing on down the row of booths, Jaydens eyes landed on a beautiful piece of art on display, recognizing the farmhouse painted across the large canvas. She beamed at the number of paintings she saw, looking to the familiar artist with a grin. โ€œT-Tema! These are g-gorgeous! Howโ€™ve y-you been?โ€ She called out to the other woman, approaching her with a skip in her step. Jay knew these were her pieces without even needing to look at the signature. She knew how much detail Tema put into her art, the variety of colors, and the breathtaking realism of each piece, like you could step right into whatever was shown.
Last edited by HauntedMansion on Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HauntedMansion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bobbie (03)

Postby HauntedMansion » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:17 pm

Bobbie Stefan
She/her - loc: outside the cabin - tags: Farris, Willamine, Harlow

Bobbie let out a quiet huff, keen to keep it to herself and not let the others see any amount of disgruntlement in her expression. So, that plan didnโ€™t exactly work out, and thatโ€™s fine. It was just bad timing, her worst enemy. While a bit disappointed in the outcome of this scenario, she allowed herself to share a smile between Harlow and darling little bite, oh she couldnโ€™t stay mad at either of them. โ€œWe just assumed you wouldโ€™ve heard all our screaming about the festival in here.. Weโ€™d never dare leave either of you behind.โ€ She gave Harlow a playful bump on the shoulder, kneeling down a bit to give bite an affectionate head pat before briskly turning to walk back towards her room to get changed.

At this point in her career, with years of swapping costumes in the smallest widows of time and opportunity, sheโ€™s long mastered the art of a quick change. She could put a great outfit together with time to spare, which was time she used to give her makeup a bit more detail. She felt satisfied with a little mascara and the faintest touch of red lipstick, knowing the chilly weather was bound to bring a bit of color to her cheeks the later they stayed out. Standing up to admire herself in the mirror, she took out the clip holding her bun together, letting her hair fall around her shoulders. Straightening out the turtle neck of her light brown sweater, being tucked into her jeans, and tied together with a thick belt dawning a golden emblem. She turned to her closet to produce a pair of combat boots and a light brown beanie to match her sweater. Once she was satisfied with the image she saw in the mirrors reflection, she chose a light scented cologne for the night, before making her way out of her room and towards the small party waiting right beside the steps on the bottom level.

Bobbie descended the cabin steps and flashed the other witches a grin, excited about the night ahead, recalling everything the poster described. โ€œWell, this should be interesting. My first outing with you all.. Say, Farris dear, couldnโ€™t you just predict the outcome of any of those carnival games?..โ€ The redhead questioned, partially out of genuine curiosity, and maybe with a little mischief in mind.
Last edited by HauntedMansion on Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
HauntedMansion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐‹๐ฒ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐‘๐š๐ฒ๐ง๐š๐ซ๐ - 02

Postby Wallflower11 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:57 am

๐‹๐ฒ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐‘๐š๐ฒ๐ง๐š๐ซ๐
| Location - Festival (stall) | tagged/interacting - Dakota (Johann) |
โ˜พ

Lyall couldn't help the subtle flinch at the sudden contact, despite that he quickly relaxed into Kota's embrace. His inner wolf happy to have a packmate near. He attempted to hug the shorter woman back awkwardly, Lyall was never the best at physical affection, and the height difference never helped. The warmth in his chest grew as the Beta's smile did. He nodded along with her news on Penelope's health. "Of course she did, that old girl wouldn't have it any other way," he smiled, Penelope's timing was always somewhat poor for everyone else for most matters.

Dakota could talk for hours about the ranch and the animals, and Lyall never would mind it. Seeing his friend so excited and passionate over something was always something he enjoyed, and it wasn't like the topic was uninteresting for that matter. He may not be the best with animals if his history with all the local dogs and most of the local cats had anything to say, he was always nervous he would hurt them or frighten them, but he always loved the principle of them. "I can't wait to meet Cider." He replied to her, the calf was probably very adorable, so he could probably put away his anxiety to see them. "Well, I can wait till after you pass out though," he added. Kota definitely deserved a very long nap after the Festival today. He made a note to try and pick up some ingredients for one of her favorite meals, so he could cook it for the pack tonight. He was already planning on cooking to wind down after what was definitely going to be an overwhelming day for his anxious introverted self.

Lyall stepped back allowing Dakota to move around him to the back of her stall, which was sparkling with glowing lights. "I've been pretty good, better now that you're here," he answered, it was true, but he couldn't help but tease a little about how affectionate and sentimental the three of them could be around each other. "Yes, I came with Johann, you know the tradition. The decorating went smoothly considering that one of the out-of-towners decided to take control of the group. She has some- well- interesting opinions on things," He sighed at the memory of his morning dealing with the gossipy woman.

Dakota reappeared from behind the stall with a brown paper bag that had her pumpkin cookies in them if his were-wolf level sense of smell wasn't mistaken. Kota's pumpkin cookies had been a saga when she had been trying to develop them. The beta wasn't the best in the kitchen but when she put her mind to it she would see a project to completion. He had to give it to her, the cookies were the second-best pumpkin cookies he's ever had behind Mirabelle's, to be fair Mirabelle is some kind of magic in the kitchen. "Thanks, Kota," a small but genuine smile pushing up the corners of his mouth. "These are delicious," he commented taking a bite of one of them.

"I was planning on getting something at the cafรฉ," he said, gesturing in the direction of the building. "I still need to meet back up with J. You know him and his crippling hot cider addiction," he continued smirking with his comment about his brother. "If you can maybe you could come with me. Gods know you need a break after your morning." His inner wolf perked up at the idea of having more of the pack together. Always finding comfort in knowing where his packmates were and that they were safe, especially after what had happened a few years ago.
Wallflower11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[001] human wreckage

Postby laila, » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:53 pm

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
โ™› ๐‹๐”๐Š๐€ ๐‹๐€๐Œ๐„๐๐“
[ ๐™ท๐š„๐™ผ๐™ฐ๐™ฝ ๐š†๐š๐™ด๐™ฒ๐™บ๐™ฐ๐™ถ๐™ด ] โ”€โ”€ [ ๐š‚๐™ท๐™ด/๐™ท๐™ด๐š ] โ”€โ”€ [ ๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐™ผ ]
โžฅ location: festival mentions: alexandria
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

The harvest festival has always been something of a grand tradition in and around Ute and it would seem that this year it's just as big if not bigger; humble stalls pitched up and down the town square seemed so bright in comparison to the looming sky that swirled in hues of grey and black and for a moment the twinkling lights that adorned the displays chased out the cold of the coming winter and replaced it with a false warmth. It is, as it has always been, of great interest to Luka. A chance to make herself the centre of attention certainly doesn't go amiss or unwelcomed and she finds that nor is it a particularly difficult task when everyone is willing to be so outwardly friendly towards her. Even the humble store clerk had forced a smile through slightly stained teeth despite the way she had managed to 'accidentally' take home a pack of gum about three days prior, she'd returned to pay of course but the sentiment was mostly ruined by that point. 'Come to pay your debts,' they had said, sounding not unlike a pirate with the tone they had taken, she'd just smiled politely and dropped her coin on the counter, 'you're lucky I like you, Luka.' How could they not? It would be most inhuman to not like Luka Lament, but she supposes she's been pushing her luck recently with her questionable activity.

Not that she intends to stop. Rather, she finds herself wandering the festival stalls with a small sheep slung around her neck like a freshly hunted fox and when he bleats out in confusion at being kidnapped she peers up at him from the corner of her eye and lifts her brow like she understood everything he said. "No one will notice you're gone." The hand that held his forelocks is lifted to pull the beanie from her head - leaving her loosely hanging blonde locks to stick up in the process - and with some manoeuvring the rusty coloured knitwear is set atop the contented creature's head to protect his little ears, "There," she said, patting his big woolly butt, "now they're gonna think you're me." From over her shoulder, most likely by the pens that house the animals for showing, comes a call about a missing lamb and Luka finds herself exchanging a glance with the animal over her shoulder. They won't know it's her, anyone could've stolen a lamb.

'Has anyone seen Luka-?!' Busted. Though, not one to be deterred, Luka quickly hurries off in the opposite direction of the shouts with her new friend held securely over her shoulders and disguised by the beanie atop his head. As she slips around the back of one of the stalls to get away from prying eyes she finds herself toe to toe with a woman she has only ever seen in passing, 'Well,' she thinks, 'as good an accomplice as any.' "Hold this," she says, thrusting the chilled little animal into Alex's arms and digging into the pockets of her jacket only to produce a pair of sunglasses that she quickly slips on his face, "gorgeous." Her gaze lifts and fleetingly green eyes study those of the brunette before Luka takes back her son and offers the woman a cheeky wink, "And the sheep ain't so bad either," they quickly depart though, leaving Alexandria to consider what the heck just happened to her.
laila,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Markus (2)

Postby Ashton_99 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:05 pm

โŠฐโœงโŠฑ๐•„๐•’๐•ฃ๐•œ๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐•Ž๐• ๐•๐•—๐•—โŠฐโœงโŠฑ
โœง Vampire Coven Member โœง Location: Forest/Festival โœง Tags: Alex/Open โœง

Markus idly watched the hurricane that was his Coven's head. "Well, dear friend, I am the one who will be playing teacher at their little school house soon enough. Dogs aside, it's good for appearances." The accent in his tone was thick but intelligible, carefully crafted after decades of listening to himself talk and doing so very well. Flipping out his long coat, he put it on again, doing what he could to keep the sun off of him even on overcast days like today. Then in a walking style much closer to sauntering, he followed her through the house out the front door.

He didn't bother locking it behind them. Being what he was, Markus had little use for things like locks. The only thing that would happen if some human trespassed would be the Coven having a convenient little snack. In home delivery, if you will.

More on the sedate side, Markus hummed at Alex's expression of displeasure. "Mmm, I agree. Smells like wet dog." Due simply to his face and a more macabre demeanor, Markus was a none too visually expressive man. Still, though, a small sharp grin sharpened the corners of his mouth. He watched, amused by her disdain for the local fauna, as she darted off ahead of him. With inhumanly sharp eyes, he could track her descent towards the town for a while still before she fell out of view. Unlike his younger appearing coven head, he took his time towards the heart of town. He occasionally let his eyes stray up to the skyline. While the sun would likely not be the death of him, Markus would still rather avoid it when he could.

He made it into town in decent time, the lack of exhaustion he felt an asset for traveling on foot. Markus wasn't sure what about this odd little town- Ute the locals called it- caught his interest. The lack of claim by another coven was convenient, surely, but there was a strangeness about the area. And Markus quite liked strange. How it managed to call all sorts of less than human beings was certainly interesting.

He'd yet to make much progress in meeting the people of the town, save the staff at the local school. He'd secured a job quite easily there. But, the rest were still new to him. As new as humans could be at least. A couple crossed the street ahead of him, their laughter and the chatter around them was loud. Louder still, to Markus's keen senses, was the thudding. Blood being pumped by the heavy beating of their hearts. His tongue darted out and he wet his lips, taking a deep breath. He wasn't necessarily hungry at the moment, but the awareness of his prey would always be there in the back of his mind. Shaking his head, he continued on, deep into the throws of the festival. It was cheery and bright and so very alive. It was fascinating. Conversation with the occasional vendor or local was easy. Questions about his accent and or conversation about how 'you must be new to these parts' were easy to handle.
Ashton_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: โ„‚๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐•€๐•„๐•Š ๐• ๐•— ๐”ป๐•†๐•„๐”ธ๐•€โ„•-wolves/witches/vamps-ALWAYS OPN

Postby Stargazer3000 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:13 pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€

As Will emerged at the base of the stairs a smile broke across Farris's face, though it was quickly replaced by genuine surprise at the leader's comment, and she cocked her head as she took in Will's outfit before a warm laugh bubbled up from between her lips. "You know, I really think we will. Gosh," she paused and looked down, muttering to herself in mock contemplation, "now I'm really thankful that I didn't go with that sentient-pile-of-dirty-laundry look after all.'

With this Farris made her way down the stairs, skipping the last one in her excitement and gently bumping her hip against Will's, pausing for a beat as her playfulness morphed into sincerity, catching the coven leader's eyes as she stated in a softer voice, "Thanks for coming with me - it really wouldn't be nearly as much fun if I went alone." No sooner had the words left her lips than Bobbie emerged from the house, evoking a quick wave from Farris as the new witch descended the stair to join the growing party. At Bobbie's question Farris shook her head even though a glimmer of mischief shone in her eyes, "Sure I could, but where the fun in that?" She paused to glance upwards once more, before continuing with a broad smile, "Games aside, I don't even need true sight to tell you that tonight is going to be something special."

-

Getting into town in the gathering dusk was a far trickier task than traveling the woods in the day, and for not the first time, Farris found herself wishing that she really did have a magic broomstick - regardless of how difficult it would be to find an appropriate parking spot. Regardless, she moved through the trees with natural grace, weaving through the towering trunks under the eyes of the aspens tracking the coven's descent into Ute. As she walked, Farris was uncharacteristically quiet - she hadn't been lying before, there was certainly something in the air, a kind of tension that increased as they grew closer to the town, pressing into her like the lines on a spider's web getting closer to the center.

'The future is a rope made from threads of the present', Rowan had told her once, 'To read it, you have to follow the threads - the rope is just too big a mess.' Describing her ability was tricky - you sound a bit unhinged if you say that 'a mirror untangles a rope', and it ultimately comes across like the world's lamest riddle- so Farris never spoke much about it, but Rowan was right; when she used true sight, the world was nothing but tangled thread, messy cords, and knots scattered in every direction. Farris just...pulled on the strings a bit to see where they would lead, that was it really. The closer they got to Ute the more the threads tangled, humming with energy like a freshly plucked guitar. That was the tension she was picking up on and nothing else.

As the dirt under her boots turned to gravel then pavement, the cheer of the festival cut through the solemn silence Farris had felt in the woods, growing in intensity as the coven wove through the narrow streets of Ute until the town square burst into view. "It's like a painting," she breathed in wonder, the glow of the thousands of twinkling lights illuminating her face in a warm, golden haze. stalls encircled the town center, and people danced around each other, examining the goods on display with friendly inquiries and warm greetings - there was more than enough food to sink a battleship and the scent of warm cider and sugar filled the air, making Farris' stomach rumble. With her grin now back firmly on her face, Farris wheeled to face her coven members, "So I will absolutely take responsibility for gathering intel on this - feel free to thank me in doughnuts - but serious question: how are we doing this? Travel in one big group of strangers and pretend that we're the best dressed folk singers known to man - no offence to John Denver of course - or what? I for one will be making a bee-line for the baked goods section."
Stargazer3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dakota (3)

Postby Ashton_99 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:00 pm

โ—„โœฏโ–ถ๐™ณ๐šŠ๐š”๐š˜๐š๐šŠ ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š•๐š‘๐š˜๐šž๐š—โ—„โœฏโ–ถ
โœฏ Wolf Pack Beta โœฏ Location: Festival/Cafe โœฏ Tags: Lyall/Johann/Carson โœฏ

"Awww Ly, I bet you say that to all the babes." Dakota fluttered her eyelashes over dramatically at her friend while mock-swooning onto him. "You charmer you." She moved far enough away from him to watch him try some of her baking with anticipation.

The praise for her mediocre but doggedly worked after baking skills instantly brought a bright grin back to Dakota's face. She ruffled Lyall's hair like they were teenagers again and closer in height. Her regard for personal space was especially unobserved when it came to her friends. "Happy to serve. I'm glad they came out well." She dramatically struck a pose, emulating Rosie the Riveter with her own rolled up sleeves and muscular arm, "delicious cookies make all my hard work worth it!" Reminders of sleepless nights and unsalvageable cookie sheets with burnt attempts did not need to be brought up, thank you.

At Lyall's offer of actual food, Dakota's eyes lit up. She nabbed a part of one of the cookies she had just handed him and quickly downed it before it could be taken back. "Oh you know I could always eat. Besides, no festival is complete without The Three Musketeers together out causing havoc." Admittedly, they had all slowed down on the havoc causing front since they'd grown up a bit, but the point still stood. For Dakota, no event was complete without her two favorite people.

Quick as she could, Dakota darted from her stall over to her neighbor's. Mr. Aldrich was happily helping himself to another slice of his wife's baking. "Aw now, isn't that supposed to be for your loyal patrons Aldrich?" She leaned on his stall.

The man just about jumped out of his skin, scrambling to move the half eaten slice of pie from view. "I swear I- oh it's just you. I swear you're part cat, scared the daylights out of me."

The grin Dakota wore was bright and full, showing her sharp canines proudly. "Aw, you're just easy to scare. Now, can you do me a favor and watch my stall for a little bit? I've got to go meet up with-"

She was being waved off before she could even finish, "Yeah yeah, I know. You and your little friends want to go run around." He stood up, "Go on, get going."

Not needing to be told twice, Dakota departed the stall with only a wave thrown over her shoulder. She was quick to start leading them to the cafe. Though she had no issues with being openly affectionate with her closest friends, Dakota was too busy motioning around with her hands while she ooh'd and aw'ed at everything. Fluidly moving through topics while she pointed out things in the stalls they passed, Dakota was finally getting the pay off for all her work. The festival was something she'd looked forward to every year. It was like her own personal Christmas.

With her chattering, it didn't take long for the cafe to come into view- no matter how much bigger the festival got every year, Ute was still just a tiny speck on the map. She opened the door dramatically for Lyall before following him in and doing a scan of the place for their pack leader. It was easy for the Beta to locate him, especially since he was in the company of another member of their pack.

The tension over whatever the two at the table were discussing was palpable. The Beta made the choice to wholeheartedly pretend she didn't notice it yet. Instead, she threw her arms up and waved with both of them. "Hey! Johann! Carson! There y'all are!" She hadn't seen either that morning so she was perfectly jazzed to meet up with them. She started off towards their booth.
Last edited by Ashton_99 on Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashton_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

002. moonlight

Postby เฝ เฝ–เพฒเฝผเฝ‚เผ‹เฝเพฑเฝฒ » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:21 am

โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐„๐Œ๐Œ๐„๐“๐“ โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐’๐‡๐„๐๐‡๐„๐‘๐ƒ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โฏฎ
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐™’๐™€๐™๐™€๐™’๐™Š๐™‡๐™ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โฏฎ
    LOCATION; festival โ”€ TAGGING; Kai, open โ”€ MENTIONED; Carson, (pack) โ”€ WC; 1,075

In the autumn, dark always arrived quicker than one knew to expect, and as the world turned toward evening, the twinkling lights of the festival got their moment at center stage. Strings of little glowing stars swayed in the enjoyable breeze and shed soft golden light on the canvases they'd draped over the booths to keep them safe from the whims of the weather. With Kai's assent, Emmett tucked his stack of papers under his arm and slipped the roll of tape into the front pocket of his coat, and waded into the crowd. Bodies, all wrapped in warm jackets and sporting rosy-tinged noses, flowed around them, but Emmett stuck close enough to Kai so that passers-by would see not to wander between them and send them onto separate paths.
      indentindentindentEmmett had always found himself at home in a crowd, which was something he had only discovered once he had left the Shepherd family farm and moved to the city so he could pursue his training as a paramedic. The farm had been such a quiet place, caught in the countryside lull, with the largest local population being their herd of cattle. The nearby town had been much like Ute, in fact, although larger and somehow less interconnected โ”€ everyone had invariably seemed caught up in their own lives and far too busy to entertain the endless questions and curiosity of a young werewolf. Cassandra had tried her best, but she had had very little time between running the farm, playing mother, and apologizing over Carson. After that, the city had seemed like an enormous ant's nest, buzzing and full of life, and Emmett had enjoyed every second of it. He suspected it might have had something to do with the eager wolf underneath his skin, that urge to be a part of something greater than your lone self, but it was difficult to know considering he had never lived life as a human and had little to compare to.
      indentindentindentA suitable opening appeared in the ever-moving throng of people, and Emmett steered the two of them a little closer to what was usually the sidewalk around the square so that he could attach one of the signs onto a suitable streetlamp. As he tore suitable pieces of tape from his roll, Kai mentioned his quest for vegetables, and curious about the story behind this, Emmett glanced at him from the corner of his eye before he had to refocus on not letting the paper sign slip from his grasp and onto the wet pavement below. He smoothed his hand over the paper, and with the sign safe and secure in its place, returned the stack underneath his arm with a soft laugh.
      indentindent"Ah, Mirabelle," he chuckled, somewhat knowingly, because it seemed difficult to not know everyone in Ute. "We can keep our eyes open for options while we walk. There's plenty to choose from. I haven't been here long enough to have all the gossip on who's got the best, but I'm sure we can figure it out."

indentindentindentEmmett led the way back toward the corridors of booths guiding the masses of people around the square, while pleasant chatter bubbled from his lips. It was in his nature to be somewhat talkative, especially on a pleasant night such as this, but as far as he knew, Kai didn't seem to mind.
      indentindent"Last year was actually only my first festival in town, but we held a blood drive that year, so I spent a lot of time at the tent and only ended up having the Harvest Festival Lite experience. But hey, this is just how traditions start, right? We should definitely find something to eat, but I think I might have a hard time choosing." Emmett shot a smile toward Kai and patted the pager hanging from his belt as if it were a particularly fancy belt buckle. "Don't worry, though, we should have plenty of time. Paramedics are gregarious animals and we only exist in herds, and my buddy will page me if I'm needed at the tent."
      indentindentindentIt did not take long for him to settle into the flow of the crowd, with the atmosphere of the evening washing over him like a temperate wave, but a moment of prolonged silence from Kai regained Emmett's attention. At first he considered that he might have been monopolizing the conversation โ”€ which, to be fair, did happen sometimes โ”€ but there was an unusual tension about him that was not observed by Emmett alone but by his werewolf senses, like an itch just out of reach. Emmett did his best to pretend that he had not noticed, even while he began steering them toward the edge of the crowd and away from the hubbub โ”€ it was good to have clear signage guiding to the medical tent everywhere, after all.
      indentindent"It's easy to feel at home in Ute, isn't it? I think I felt settled the moment I parked my car," he mused as they neared a quieter spot, where someone had set up a sitting area lined by little decorative wooden fences that were weaved through with decorations. He would have talked about his arrival to Ute at length, but it had never really seemed like his story to share โ”€ and in some ways, it wasn't. It was Carson's, and even now, he seemed to lack some pieces of the puzzle that had brought them both to Colorado. But Emmett wasn't about to complain, because landing in Ute had always seemed like an act of fate to him. He very much felt as if he was meant to be here, with the pack.

indentindentindentEmmett parked himself near a decorative bucket filled with bunches of hay and the tiniest pumpkins he had ever seen. Although the gentle smile had never left his face, he didn't want Kai to feel backed into a corner, and so he set about attaching one of his signs to a nearby tent pole. Maybe it was the paramedic in him, or simply Emmett โ”€ there was a chance they had long since become one and the same โ”€ but the questions were out of him almost before he could consider stopping himself.
      indentindent"Are you feeling alright? You looked a little claustrophobic for a moment there. I can go find us some cider, get those blood sugars back to alarming heights," he suggested, with compassionate cheer in his voice.
เฝ เฝ–เพฒเฝผเฝ‚เผ‹เฝเพฑเฝฒ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐’ฏ๐‘’๐“‚๐’ถ ๐’ฎ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“Œ - 02

Postby Wallflower11 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:31 am

ใ€Ž ๐’ฏ๐‘’๐“‚๐’ถ ๐’ฎ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“Œ ใ€
| Location - Festival (art stall) | tagged/interacting - Jayden |
โ€

Tema was glad she hadn't wandered too far from her stall as more people started to flood into the festival. She didn't want to leave anyone who wanted to purchase her art hanging. As much as she struggled and felt anxious with social interaction she had to brave it if she wanted to be able to buy food. By the time she had smiled her way through a few customers barely avoiding embarrassing herself at least once with a misplaced response of "you too". She was already feeling a little drained, most of the people who had stopped by so far had been strangers, either just people from the town she wasn't familiar with or tourists and people from the surrounding area that came to enjoy the festival. She could deal much better with people she knew, than those she didn't. Tema was always afraid of making a bad first impression.

A lull in the early stream of interested customers had arrived when she spotted Jayden. Immediately Tema brightened, she loved Jayden she was incredibly nice and she was one of the handful of Ute locals she had actually managed to form a friendship with. Jay was also interested in art which gave the two a lot to talk about. The older woman approached the stall with obvious excitement causing Tema to break into a huge grin. "Hi, Jay!" she called waving to her as soon as she was in earshot.

Tema probably blushed a little at the praise, "Thank you," she responded politely, hoping she didn't sound ungrateful, she was never the best at receiving praise, she never really knew how to respond, unless she was feeling extremely confident. "I've been doing pretty well," Tema replied she waved her hand gesturing to the crowd of people surrounding them, "it's been a little overwhelming here, but it's been really exciting so far. How are you?" Noticing that Jayden was still wearing her work coat and tool belt, "Are you still working? I thought you took the afternoon off for the festival?" Tema asked, she was curious, this time of year was when work for the local handy-person really picked up, so it was understandable if Jay was still working. She tried to remember if Jayden had her jacket and belt last year at the festival but she couldn't quite recall. She hoped that she wasn't overstepping in her curiosity and struggle with finding topics for small talk.
Wallflower11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐‘จ๐‘ณ๐‘ฌ๐‘ฟ๐‘จ๐‘ต๐‘ซ๐‘น๐‘ฐ๐‘จ ๐‘ซ๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ฒ๐‘ถ๐‘บ โ”€โ”€ 002.

Postby 8_Stars_8 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:41 am

๐‘จ๐‘ณ๐‘ฌ๐‘ฟ๐‘จ๐‘ต๐‘ซ๐‘น๐‘ฐ๐‘จ ๐‘ซ๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ฒ๐‘ถ๐‘บ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
"look at you, needing me, you know i'm not your friend without some greenery"
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
tags: luka โžž anton location: festival/near art stall word count: 496

Alex admits that she is a bit of a narcissist. There was no excusing it, truly, but she couldn't help it. She felt a strong appearance made her appear like a better person than she was. So, it was no surprise to anyone who knew her that she would be checking out herself in a compact mirror. There was truly nothing to judge. She had flawless, marble, skin. Sure, she was pale, but it juxtaposed her dark hair, eyes, and clothes perfectly. Therefore, Alex was reliably distracted with herself when Luka shoved a lamb into her arms, making her drop her mirror, breaking it, and leaving mud on her clothes from the wooly animal. Before she could react, Luka had grabbed sunglasses and put them on the sheep, let out a flirtatious quip, and darted away with the animal, an angry man close in pursuit. Thus, leaving Alex dirty and shocked. The person she was a century ago would have likely ripped out Luka's throat for soiling her clothes, but right now, she was simply impressed with the spunk of the blonde.

Alex let out a chuckle and an impressed smirk, before shaking her head and removing her muddy leather jacket, revealing an unseasonable โ€‹black tank top. She folds her jacket over her forearm and listens for any trouble. Salem has been M.I.A., hopefully not causing any trouble, and Markus was off by himself, hopefully socializing as the coven needed an in with the locals. Of course Alex could do so, but she was less than sociable at times. Then there was the small matter of the half-breed, Anton. Alex had been weary to let him into her brood. Eventually though, she came to the conclusion that he would be the best for escapades in the daylight. Sure she'd like to say she doesn't judge him because of his nature, but that would be a lie. To be fair, she judges literally everyone. Still, she's not one hundred percent sure she trusts him yet. Thankfully, she didn't need to seek him out to keep an eye on him, as he had just turned the corner around an art stall. "Anton," she calls, "come, walk with me." Alex doesn't wait for him to agree to her. Not that she was requesting. "Tell me, what has happened with the wolves today? Debrief me." It killed Alex that she was unable to gather intel during the day and had to rely on others to be candid with her. She had no way of knowing whether or not the man before her would lie about the happenings of the wolves. She knows very well that the wolves are a viable threat, though she'd never show her concern. Right now, Alex was putting a hell of a lot of faith in Anton and that had to be the most annoying thing that has ever happened to her. Her trust was not easily earned, but she had to trust Anton for this.
8_Stars_8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me