some things you can't go back to

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

some things you can't go back to

Postby mtuan, » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:01 pm

mp for extra tingz-
mtuan,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby enby » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:11 am

╘═══════════════╛
full name naomi bortsov nicks nini, na age twenty
birth oct 16th, libra sexuality toric, demiromantic
gender nonbinary, they/them height five ft' three
build petite tad unfit hair messy, long, dark, thick
eyes dark grey body mod septum, vertical labret,
double nostril both side, medusa, lobe, helix, tragus,
belly button, tongue, snake bites, center eyebrows

complexation pale, with scars scattered about on
their legs, arms, hips, back, a small one on their lip

other semi mute, autistic faceclaim india eisley

naomi grew up in a fairly traditional russian household, their family moved to america when they were young. adjusting to a new place where no one spoke the same language as you was hard, and they struggled often to learn english causing them to become extremely reserved and closed off from others- this would get worse when their family had passed away, from unknown circumstances. they'd be put into a orphanage for most of their life, in and out of homes, until the world ended up well, the way it is now. naomi would spend most of their time for the first while of the apocalypse alone just like before, they'd at least learned english over the years, but still had a thick accent and had a rough time still on and off. getting a group would also, be hard for them as their english wasn't perfect, and they didn't always come off as the most trust worthy being quiet, and rather reserved. but with this they'd learn to survive themself, they became eventually extremely good at fighting off things, and being as quiet as possible, at least growing up in an apocalypse and having to fend for yourself has some advantages. their strong suit would be come in scouting areas, and figuring out good vantage points and spots to stay rather then actual physical fighting. despite their what seem like cold and rude personality, under it all they are rather sensitive and emotional, and wish for companionship, they latch onto others heavily- which may come off annoying to others, they tend to try not to bother those with these behaviors, though. being autistic doesn't help either, and it gives them quiet a hard time understanding what others mean, their not-so-perfect english not really helping with that either.
nationality russian family deceased
fears
abandonment likes animals, night
traits reserved, quiet, observant, defensive,
secretive, trustworthy, kind, needy, sympathetic

wardrobe large oversize dark grey hoodie,
black tank top, skinny jeans, heavy worn out
combat boots with loose laces, fingerless gloves

enby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: some things you can't go back to

Postby enby » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:16 pm

𝐍𝐀𝐎𝐌𝐈 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐒𝐎𝐕
they/them | camp | tags; dean

Naomi's eyes fluttered open as the sun beamed through the curtains of their room, their eyebrows furrowed as they pulled their covers over their eyes, a silent huff escaping from their lips as they closed their eyes for a moment wanting to soak up the last few moments of peace that they'd have before their day started. They eventually sat up, a cranky unpleased expression spread across their face as they squinted and rubbed their eyes, swiping some hair out of their face as they slid out from onto the cover. They let out a small noise as their feet hit the cold floor, they made their way to their closet of clothes grabbing the same array of clothes they usually wore- a black tank top, a dark grey hoodie, some skinny jeans, and their usual pair of old worn-out boots.

After grabbing their hunting knife from their nightstand, they slide out of the door and outside, looking around a tad at the people coming from their rooms, going into the buildings to get food and the such. They tucked some of their dark hair behind their ear before they made their way into the house where breakfast would be. They stood in the doorway for a moment, looking around at all the people already gathered around the tables- their browns frowned a bit and they rubbed their neck gently as they stepped aside to stand beside the door a tad, trying to amp themself up to go and actually grab food. They were terribly awkward and generally shy so doing stuff like just grabbing food for themself felt somewhat like a task. They shook their head at themself and make their way over, grabbing some food and quickly making their way to a spot they wanted to sit, heading into the living room was their usual spot as people tended to not go there much.

They peered into the doorway of the living room, their pale cheeks flushed a bit as they noticed someone sitting there already, they were pretty sure his name was Dean? They weren't all that familiar with him but had seen him around. They were a bit intimidated by him, but none the less they felt awkward coming in and leaving as soon as they saw him- so they sat down, away from him a bit, and kept their eyes averted to their plate, awkwardly nibbling at the food that was in front of them. Their cheeks were red and warm as they felt a bit embarrassed and awkward but they kept to themself unless he were to speak to them first. They looked out a window, their facial expression tense as they tried their best to avoid looking at the man in any way, but it just made it obvious because of how hard they were trying to avoid it- although they thought they weren't super obvious, they weren't good at hiding their awkward or nervousness int he slightest. They sighed a bit as they quiet shoved food in their mouth, being extremely aware of the noises around them from the fork hitting against their plate, to the chattering outside of the living room. It felt a bit tortures to them but they decided despite wanting to be spoken to first it could be better to break the silence as it was just getting a bit too much for them. ''Hello, Dean.. Right?'' They said quietly, their tone a tad mumbled as their shoulders raised to their cheeks, eyes still focused outside the window.
enby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:36 am

[] ──── 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐘
      'location; camp (outside) tags; josh
    Mallory Covey had never officially gotten used to her new living conditions. She had found herself stuck in the middle of a group of wanderers, stragglers, a mere eight or so months ago, and even to this day, she had a tendency to wake up rather out of sorts. Today was no different. She had her good and her bad days, though. The good days consisted of a nice, cozy rest, waking up after the sun reached its preferred position in the mid-morning, where she could mosey about and do as she pleased. The bad days consisted of a very grumpy Mal, who would wake before one could even consider the time as dawn, followed by a headache, non-stop hunger, and, simply, a terrible mood. On her bad days, everything seemed to go from horrible to disastrous. She supposed that was how she successfully announced herself to the group; just how many people had been around the day she encountered one of those horrible, beastly things and told it to leave her be right to its face? A few unfriendly words followed that, and if it had feelings (maybe it did, who knew?), surely it would have been offended. Despite her pride, she was thankful for whoever it had been that shot the thing dead with their gun. Mallory didn’t carry many weapons on her; a small knife did her justice. She was confident using her fists if need be, as dangerous as she knew it could be. Although she often sounded confident by saying that she was just fine, Mallory knew deep down that she needed to smarten up when alone. One could never truly expect the unexpected. Then again, that was what some of the others were for. Dean (that was his name, right? It was “Derek” for the longest time, so maybe that was his actual name…) was most popular for his rifle skills, or at least in her eyes. Although, in her defence, she used to carry a Nerf gun around.

x'xIt lasted a hearty fifteen hours before it was quite literally shredded to pieces.

x'xToday she could consider it an “in-between day.” She woke up early, and when peering out her half-assembled curtains, noticed that the sun was only just beginning to peak out against the treetops. So, she decided she would sneak out of the house before her companions all woke up. Mal was never a happy camper in the morning, and until she declared herself ready to tackle the day’s events, she tended to avoid those she was sharing a space with. Grabbing her knife and securing it around her belt, she left the old house.

x'xIn the early morning, thin dust particles floated around the glimmery path of light the sun had created. Mallory swiped her hand over her head, as if that would rid the particles enough to travel through them. She was impulsive, a bit too uncareful when it came to her desires, and it never often occurred to her until after she returned back to the campground that wandering alone certainly was not the safest choice. As per usual, though, this thought did not yet strike her as she broke off into a jog, her breath light and emerging in slight puffs as she circled the property they had deemed relatively safe. Nothing more than the sound of her shoes hitting the soft ground accompanied her for her morning jog. The sun beamed gently across her face, creating small beads of sweat along her forehead, but Mal did not swipe them away. She pushed herself onward, sharp green eyes occasionally darting around. Just in case.

x'xHer attempts to spot signs of potential threats on the ground were successful, but she completely failed to spot the thin tree branch that came hurtling her way from up above. She only noticed it once it bounced off her shoulder. She stopped immediately, mouth dropping as if offended, and she whipped around towards the tree. She was quick to spot a figure in it. Her hand immediately reached for her knife, but she paused mid-action upon getting a better glimpse of whom it was high above.

x'x “Bloody hell, Joshua!” Mal seethed, shooting a pointed look up at the oak tree before her. She didn’t have to spot her former travelling companion to know it was he who had struck the branch down and onto her shoulder. She placed her hands on her hips and let out an exasperated sigh. “You look like a bird. Or a monkey. How did you even…” She stopped herself from finishing that question. Mallory knew all too well how her friend managed to hoist himself up into the tree and onto the thick branch he was currently perched on. She had been flabbergasted the first time she experienced it for herself; it hadn’t been long after they met, when he so confidently informed her that he would make a good watch dog, that he had the eyes of a hawk, and that he knew the perfect place to watch and guard. She hadn’t expected him to take it so literally. And yet, now that she knew him ─ sitting in a tree, sometimes hanging upside down ─ was the exact action to describe Joshua Lee without actually describing Joshua Lee.

x'xRaising her brow, lips formed in a thoughtful pout, Mallory continued to stare up at her friend. “Should I give a whistle and pat my lap?” she carried on. “Hereeee, Joshie Joshie.” Her tone turned high-pitch, as if she was talking to an animal. If her friend was going to act like one, why not treat him as such? As a cute animal, though. A beloved pet, more or less. If Mallory wasn’t so iffy on heights, truthfully, there was a chance she’d have ended up right alongside him, so despite her deriding comments, she had nothing against it. Why would she, anyway? “Do you wanna, like, come back to the real world?” She glanced over her shoulder, swiping her bangs with a flick of her hand. “I’m hungry.”
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ranse, 001

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:01 am

𝑹𝑨𝑵𝑺𝑶𝑴 𝑴𝑶𝑹𝑨𝑵𝑫𝑰
location; roof, tagging; open, mentioned; Mallory
██ │░
██ │░

The shingles of the portico were wet with yesterday's rain, and slick leaves lay plastered all across the roof and its eaves. Ransom slotted the toe of her boot against the head of the window frame, shuffled a little to check her footing, and hauled herself upward, toward the peach blush spreading along the sky with the sunrise. A gale crawled across the grassy yard and up over the houses, grabbing at her hair and throwing it into her face, but it did very little to dull the bright grin peeking past the dark strands. With the knees of her pants soaked through, she balanced across the portico and onto the main roof, only bothering to push back the hair that had been obscuring her vision once she had planted herself right atop the ridge.

indentindentinPast the trees and the distance, she could see the gables of the town, but she did not have time to try and spot something of interest before it came to her, in the form of a faint voice from the other side of the yard. There, Mallory stood at the foot of a tree, peering up into its branches and seemingly having a stern talk with the thing. Random shrugged: to each their own, and if the years after the end of the world weren't the time to pursue your true passions, then when was? She raised an arm into a cheery wave, just in case she were to look in this direction, considering it seemed rude to spy on someone one wasn't intending to spy on without at least attempting to make oneself known.
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

J | 001

Postby lush » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:16 am

██
██
██
⎯⎯⎯⎯( 𝗝𝗢𝗦𝗛𝗨𝗔 𝗟𝗘𝗘 )
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
josh | 21 yrs | 5'7 | aquarius | bisexual | no brain
tags; mallory | mentions; mallory, jade, ransom
pov; trying not to fall on his head <3

joshua never found it easy to sleep in the morning- waking up at five am sharp and not being able to fall asleep again, it was almost clockwork. it was just something his body always did, and all he could do was grow used to it, no matter how tired he ended up being. he tried his best to make sure he went to sleep early- just so he didn't have to wake up super early exhausted, but it never seemed to work properly. sometimes the most he could do was to lay back down and rest his eyes, praying that one day he could randomly fall asleep even if it was unlikely. this morning was definitely no different.

with nothing new going on, with nothing new occupying him, he didn't have anything to really do. waking up at the ass crack of dawn, it wasn't like he was going to have many friends awake with him. and he severely doubted jade was going to be awake for him to bother. he didn't want to bother him, anyway- he'd rather let the male sleep in that waking him up to hangout and occupy him instead. plus, josh could find himself a way to occupy himself anyway- usually he always had to.

usually people didn't want to play around with him as much as he wanted to play around with them. on patrol, josh wasn't allowed to dink off anymore because of how much he could distract the others when they were in dire need of paying attention. josh's adhd flared worse than anything- constantly causing mallory a new headache. when they used to travel together, josh practically put them in danger every other day. salsa dancing with the zombies, pretending to be a secret agent on a mission with his pistol, the zombies being other agents he needed to take down- anything to occupy his childish mind.

so this early morning, josh found himself exploring just outside of the town. nothing too special, nothing too far- places they had already been. except josh was looking for something exciting. like another abandoned treehouse, a little cave they missed, a bunny that would somehow be different from every other wild bunny and want to have josh touch it- just anything that would grant josh entertainment that he so desperately craved. the leaves crunching under his shoes, all he did was skip around the forest nonchalantly- not even trying to be quiet. he had his pistol on him, just in case he needed to quickly shoot and run. it wasn't like zombies were fast, anyway- josh never had a fear of them. not even of the hoards.

it was a bad thing for him, really- with him not being scared of the zombies surrounding him, he often put himself in more danger than he should have. getting too close to the zombies, not worrying when a large group was coming near him, dancing out loud and not even trying to be sneaky- the zombies weren't scary. joshua was more scared of the people around him than he ever was going to be of the dead. the people in the apocalypse tended to be more dangerous than any zombie could ever be. at least, that's just how joshua saw it.

sucking in a deep breath, the cool air felt nice in his lungs. damn, did he enjoy it. he loved early mornings. his eyes scanning over the horizon as the sun started to rise, joshua spotted a large tree with lower branches. they weren't close enough to the ground he could easily throw his leg over, but low enough he could grab onto it and climb upwards. joshua bounded towards the tree- a stupid grin on his lips as he wrapped his hands around the sharp bark. pulling himself upwards, josh placed his feet against the base of the tree as he climbed upwards, swinging himself up onto the branch. god he loved climbing trees. being able to be up higher where others couldn't reach often- being able to see more of the horizon and the view, it was his favorite thing to do.

pushing himself upwards, josh only made himself stand upright on the branch, his hands reaching for the branch above before a sudden voice startled him. grabbing onto the branch above him in fear, josh's eyes turned into saucers temporarily before he let them shrink, the sight of mallory only causing him to relax more as he let go of the branch. "hi, mal!" he exclaimed, offering a goofy smile as he leaned down to sit on the branch, kicking his legs back and forth as he grinned down at the girl. "you look so short from this angle. you always look short- but this makes it worse," he teased.

hearing her speak only made his smile grow even more- his hands scratching his sides in a teasing way as he shook his head towards her. "ooh ooh ahh ahh," he said quietly, mocking a monkey as he wrapped his hands around the branch under him, and moved himself so he could straddle the branch. "being a monkey isn't bad. i'd love to be a monkey, they can swing so easily, i'm jealous," he rambled, letting himself swing down to hang upside from the branch, his legs wrapped around the branch as he let one hand go. he knew if he kept himself there for too long he'd get too dizzy- but seeing her upside down was just a funny sight.

shaking his head, josh only smiled at the teasing. "gotta pat your lap. i may know my name, but i'm not that trained. asssss you can tell," he giggled, his smile only growing more and more as he smiled down at her, the upside view only making him dizzy, but his grip around the branch tight enough to keep him stable. "we can go eat! i just didn't know what time it was. i had been exploring for a while, i'm really bored," josh said slowly, sticking his tongue between his lips slightly before his eyes flickered towards a movement up further on the hill.

it was a figure- he couldn't make it out who it was, but the figure seemed to be waving. probably not at joshua, but he didn't mind. he was just going to wave back anyway- to be courteous. though the moment he began to shake his hand- it was like a domino effect. the dizzy feeling shooting down to his thighs, and his grip around the branch only loosened, sending joshua falling down to the ground. his head hit the ground first- then his back. his feet landed last. his head pulsed with pain- nothing too bad, the drop wasn't too far, but it still hurt. rubbing the back of his head, joshua sucked in a shaky breath as he pouted towards mallory. "damn it," he whined, picking out the leaves from his hair as he pushed himself up to his feet, brushing the dirt and leaves off of his clothing. "let's just go eat."
lush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

aria 001

Postby ♥Princess of Lions♥ » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:29 pm

- 𝒜𝓇𝒾𝒶 𝐵𝓇𝑜𝑜𝓀𝓈 -
Medically Inclined | Female | 21 | Location: Overrun Military Base | Tags: Soon to be Beau | Mentions: N/A

𝒜ria awoke with a jolt, sweating profusely and screaming at the top of her lungs. As soon as the waking world faded into view, she immediately silenced her screams and went still, listening intently to the heavy freezer door for the sound of the dead pounding to get in. To her surprise, there was nothing audible on the other side.

She had been hiding out in the freezer for six days now, six days since the military base had been overrun. Every day she stayed awake as long as she could, and every night she was repeatedly awoken by the horrors of the day plaguing her dreams. She couldn't stay there much longer. Shortly after the attack, the power had gone out, and after all the food thawed, it started to rot. There wasn't much in the freezer that was still edible, so if Aria wanted to avoid starving to death, she would soon need to leave in search of more food. Every time she woke up screaming, there had been subsequent pounding on the freezer door of the undead trying to get in. This was the first day she heard nothing but silence on the other side. Well, if she was going to leave, now was probably the time.

Aria slowly drew up to a stand and flicked on her flashlight, heading over to the ice tub that had long since melted. She was using the water as drinking water while she was in there, so she leaned over and slurped up as much as she needed to feel quenched. Wiping her mouth on her sleeve, Aria turned towards the rotting food stores and shuffled over to pick through the remnants, shoving bits of whatever she could salvage into her mouth for breakfast. It didn't take her very long to eat, and soon enough, it was time to go. Picking up her medical bag, she slung it over her head so that it was as secure as she could get it, resting on her hip with the strap diagonal across her chest and over the opposite shoulder. Inside were all the supplies she had carried with her at all times. Medical thread for sutures, disinfectant, bandages, a towel, and some scalpels.

Her heart pounded so loud that her ears felt flooded with blood as she stood in the middle of the freezer staring at the door. She didn't want to go out there. She was unarmed, unskilled, and utterly alone. You have no choice, she reminded herself. Maybe they're still alive, maybe they cleared the base, she tried to be hopeful with the intention of encouraging herself to open up the door, but deep down she knew that if anyone had survived the attack, they were long gone by now. Taking a deep breath, Aria approached the door and gave it a few knocks. Just loud enough for any undead in the vicinity to pick up on, but not so loud that it would draw the attention of creatures that weren't already nearby. When she heard nothing in response, Aria reached for the handle and unlatched the door, slowly pushing it open and peering through the crack. It was light enough outside that she could see the kitchen beyond the freezer and flicked her flashlight off to save battery, sliding it into her medical bag. As quietly as she could, Aria stepped from the freezer and more thoroughly surveyed her surroundings.

It looked like a tornado had blown through the room. Pots, pans, and all sorts of cooking supplies were strewn about, combined with sticky grime and filth that had to be a mixture of blood, dirt, and likely some organs as well. The stench was comparable to the smell of rotting food in the freezer, so it didn't phase her much. Stepping around the supplies littering the floor, Aria moved quietly through the kitchen and picked up a meat cleaver to wield as a weapon. Arriving to the pantry, she opened up the door and headed inside, setting the meat cleaver down on a shelf so she could pull out her flashlight and turn it on. The shelves were stocked with jars of food that should still be edible. On the one hand, that was good for Aria, but on the other, it wasn't a good sign for the others who had inhabited the military base before it was overrun. If they had cleared out the undead, they likely would have stopped at this pantry and taken most, if not all of the food. Aria reached up and began hurriedly transferring jars into her medical bag, stuffing it as full as she could get it before returning her flashlight to her bag, grabbing the meat cleaver, and heading for the exit.

She had to stifle a scream passing through the dining area. Bodies, or more accurately, dismembered limbs, were strewn about the vicinity. Don't look at them. Don't look, she internally cautioned herself, keeping her sights set on the front door. Moving through this room was worse than the last. The odor was utterly nauseating and she was beginning to feel disassociated from her body. How had she survived this? How was she going to stay alive? Aria felt sick, as if she might throw up, pass out, or both. Finally, she arrived to the entrance of the cafeteria building and peered through the window to the outside world. A couple of undead were swaying in the streets. What am I going to do? Before she could really try to consider her options, an undead that had somehow noticed her presence began barreling for the door. Aria held up her meat cleaver and stumbled backwards in a panic, tripping over a mutilated torso and landing on the floor as the creature burst through the door. She held up her weapon with trembling hands, eyes wide as she watched the creature storm towards her. She didn't have time to try getting back up.

The moment it's feet crossed the threshold of the building, mere feet away from where Aria was now sprawled on the floor, she knew she was going to die.
♥Princess of Lions♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me