» Lᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Wᴀʀ // [started]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Postby passione » Mon May 22, 2017 7:57 pm

( ) — VAXAS TAVRINTH
══════════════════════════════════════════════════
║ age twenty-six ║ gender male ║ role commander ║ location camp ║ tags elias, everyone form relations

Vaxas shot a glance at Elias as he passed.
    "Good morning to you too, Elias, but I am your commander at this moment. Try not to address me by my first name," he chuckled, before the stoicalness returned to his expression. He eyed certain recruits who were significantly shorter than the rest. Considering the average for the army was five feet and eight inches, Vaxas could do nothing but wonder. Were the surrounding towns in the kingdom really poor enough that citizens were malnourished to the point of being vertically challenged? He'd have to train these men to be good fighters, or at least agile ones. Small soldiers are always picked on first in battle.

"Now that I have your undivided attention..." Vaxas began, folding his hands together behind his back. His partially teal gaze bore into those in the front of the crowd, his dead eye, onlooking, unmoving as it had lost its ability to. The grey pupil remained in one position, incapacitated. "My name is Vaxas Tavrinth. This is the only time you will hear that name, spoken by myself. I am the commander of Eleyah's army, and you are to address to me as 'sir', or 'commander' formally, and nothing else." Vaxas didn't mention Elias or Brannon at any point, they should know themselves that outside training and in private, they were free to call him informally by a nickname, or simply his first name.

"You're all either here because you wish to serve our kingdom, or because you were dragged here against your will. I will train you regardless of your reasons, regardless of your age, or ambitions. But! Poor behaviour on my domain results in serious consequences. The authorities gave me this job because I can handle the troublemakers. Think twice about acting out of line."
    Vaxas clenched his teeth and glared at Matthias with narrow eyes. He could still see the man even as he stood in the back, clearly avoiding contact. "Now, each of the new recruits will be following their personal trainers, who are more experienced fighters in the army. I will be one among many of these trainers. Pairs will be announced by sundown today. You are all dismissed, set up your tents if you haven't already!" All the names of the new recruits had been noted down when they either enrolled or were taken away. There would be no complications in placing archers with other archers, and soldiers with other soldiers, leaving the commander to train a scout.

Vaxas took a deep breath before looking at Matthias again. The men hadn't spoken to each other at all since the incident, and he thought that it would be time for a word, although not a friendly one. Vaxas acted highly on impulse, and perhaps it would not be a good idea to be speaking to somebody you blamed for killing your beloved brother, but the commander deemed the conversation necessary.
    "Except for you, Faulk. Meet me in my tent." Vaxas ambled off, weaving through the dispersing crowd. He lifted the opening flap of his tent upon entering, releasing it to let it fall back into place behind him. Vaxas tossed his katana onto the desk before him, not even bothering to look as it knocked over a five inch stack of paperwork. He was too focussed on a photograph that had fallen off the edge.
Last edited by passione on Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: » Lᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Wᴀʀ // [started]

Postby Butter Dragon » Mon May 22, 2017 11:58 pm

Matthias Reese Faulk

tags;;Vaxaslocation;;clearing

Matthias nodded at Elias with as much as he could manage of a smile. Normally Matthias would be much more informal toward his fellow soldier and even what he would venture to call a new friend, but given the circumstances he thought that a simple nod seemed the most appropriate. He listened to Vaxas' short speech, all he could think about was avoiding making eye contact with Vaxas. He got his marching orders, but before he was able to run off he heard Vaxas command him not to follow the crowd.

He felt sick, he didn't know what to say. He'd have to go, Vaxas was his commander, but it was the last thing that he wanted to do.
His heart sunk further and further into his stomach as he followed Vaxas to his tent. He paused outside to try and gather his thoughts.
How would he address him? Vaxas was an old friend, but as he had said in his speech, here he was nothing more than his commander. He took a deep breath and pulled the flap of the tent.
Y-yes sir?
Butter Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Alexander Moon [#2]

Postby crazy-in-wonderland » Wed May 24, 2017 10:50 am

(Age) 21(Role) Soldier(Relationship) Open(Location) Camp(Mentioned) Vaxas, Macey and Charlotte (Tagged) Macey and Charlotte
Alexander heard Vaxas call all new recruits to the center for a meeting and he had decided to go and check out the new recruits. All were very fragile looking in his opinion, nothing a little bit of hard work and training couldn't fix in a few weeks. Alexander had hated the idea at first when his commanding officer sent him here to train the new recruit, of course he was the best in his area for his age but when it came down to personality, Alex didn't think he would be chosen to train someone. After all, Alex was never one for conversations. He listened to Vaxas go on to say that bad behaviour wouldn't be accepted, this much he had already known, as commanding officer Vaxas had to seem strict and scary and by the look of the new recruits, he had done a pretty good job. Alex let a small smile begin to form at the sides of his mouth when Vaxas dismissed them. He strolled over to the two young men, he'd have to make some sort of an effort he guessed. He cleared his throat before speaking,"Do you lads need any help setting up your tents or anything? " he extended his hand out, " Pardon the intrusion, I'm Alexander Moon, pleased to meet you."

crazy-in-wonderland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Thu May 25, 2017 3:37 pm

( ) — VAXAS TAVRINTH
║ age twenty-six ║ gender male ║ role commander ║ location tent ║ tags matthias form relations

Even hearing Matthias' voice ticked him off. Vaxas immediately wanted to shove the man out, but it was himself who had asked (impolitely) to speak to him. Picking up the photograph from the ground, Vaxas proceeds to brush it off and gently lay it on his desk before turning to face Matthias.
    "Don't even think about avoiding me. You stepped foot onto this camp. You stepped under my command. Now... How dare you?! How dare you show your face around here?! How dare you... desecrate this place with your... wicked, immoral, sin-filled spirit!" With each word he spat, he took a step closer, eyes widening to their limits. Vaxas heard faint cracks as he balled his hands up into fists, but he wasn't ready to hit Matthias. He needed to be calm. At least... more calm that he was being right now.

Why couldn't he be, though? Vaxas had a forthright answer and Matthias' guilt had been a clear indication. There was nothing Vaxas missed more than his little brother, and he knew full well that violence against Matthias would do nothing to solve it. However, it would relieve some stress, as there was definitely nothing better than beating the man who unintentionally killed your brother. Vaxas refused to believe he was at the brink of tears when Matthias was only a mere few inches away from him. All he needed to do was turn his head to the left side since the tear ducts in his right eye were heavily damaged, only if Matthias questioned his conflicted emotions. No— he couldn't question them, he wasn't allowed to.

Vaxas remained silent, as if he wanted Matthias' voice to anger him more. It would give him an excuse to lash out... Someone needed to teach this commander some self control, especially when it came down to the feud between him and his "fellow" soldier. He and Vaxas used to be friends, but they have not spoken since that incident with Mallius. Vaxas was heartbroken over it, and refused to give Matthias any look other than the stink eye.
    You deserve every kind of pain, he thought to himself in attempt to send a telepathic message to his so-called comrade, whilst he clenched his jaw, grinding his teeth together.
Last edited by passione on Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: » Lᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Wᴀʀ // [started]

Postby Butter Dragon » Thu May 25, 2017 3:52 pm

Matthias Reese Faulk

tags;;Vaxaslocation;;Vaxas' tent

Matthias' heart was beating fast, his stomach felt like it was all the way in his throat, he didn't know how to respond. Matthias used to be Vaxas' friend, now he was seen as an enemy, more than anything though in this camp Vaxas was his commander. He knew if he said something like "yes sir." Vaxas would be infuriated at him avoiding the issue. But on the other side of the coin if he were to give an honest response he would seem more than disrespectful. He missed Mallius too, he was Mallius' best friend they were practically brothers, but Vaxas wouldn't listen. Vaxas blamed him and nothing Matthias said would change his mind. He sputtered out the words that seemed most appropriate, though nothing seemed quite right to say given the circumstance.
"I had no choice sir, I wouldn't have disrespected your desire to not see me if I'd had a say."
He had no idea how Vaxas would react, he didn't know if he was going to punch him in the face, kick him out... Kill him? For Matthias there was nothing worse than being in the army, he had to be there for his family but here he couldn't help them at all. If Vaxas kicked him out he'd be grateful, if he punched him he could take it, nothing Vaxas would do would make Matthias more miserable than he already was yet somehow he was still scared of his old friend, now commander's reaction.
Butter Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: jessica "jasper" parker - post 2

Postby broken* » Fri May 26, 2017 4:27 am

jessica lynn parker || "jasper leon parker"
20 y/o woman || archer in training
tagged vaxas, "charlie", "mace", alexander

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    standing patiently at the back, jess was content only to listen to the commander speaking; she had no doubt she was one of the shortest people there, if not the shortest, standing at her measly five feet tall; she had an excuse though, if anyone ever questioned her height. she would claim that she had the same degenerative bone disease that her little brother had, which wasn't a lie, she did have it, only not nearly as severe as he had. oh tyce.. how she missed him dearly. but had he been alive, she would have done this anyways, for she had a better chance of surviving this war than he ever would. he would likely have died during training, as frail as he was. butler seemed to be able to tell that her mood was changing, depressening, and he gently nuzzled her shoulder with his big upper lip, trying to get her out of her own head, bring her back to reality. and he did. she shook her head lightly, not bothering to fix her messy hair, and just then she heard the commander begin to speak again, and she focused on listening to him. she had to force herself not to scoff out loud at his words; the majority of the new recruits, at least, had been forced out of their homes. the royal decree was not optional, all had to fulfill the call, whether they liked it or not. just because she had voluntarily come, did not mean she had desired to be here; she was here to save her family, their home, that was it.

when he finished the meeting, she paid no mind to the one man he called to speak to privately. it was not her business and she didn't have the time to worry about someone else. only herself and her golden stallion were priorities in her mind, from this moment until the war was over. they're survival was all that mattered to her. she was not here to make friends, and she certainly didn't need to make any enemies. they could make her life far more difficult, especially in regards to keeping her secret hidden. as she headed back to the camp's outskirts, she spotted the same pair that had been leaving the slightly larger tent next to hers had already returned. they were also shorter than many of the men, although jess was still shorter, but she saw another man, a tall brunette, approach the pair, all smiles and friendliness. that was definitely not something she had the time to waste on. turning her back towards the trio, she quickly unsaddled her stallion, removing his bridle and slipping a simple halter over his head. she then grabbed a brush out of one of her bags and began the process of grooming him. she may have to take him down to the nearest body of water later that evening, for he had sweat marks on his back and sides from the saddle. but that would have to wait until late that night, after most of the troops were asleep, before she would also touch the water to clean herself.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

» Charlotte "Charlie" Kinsey // [#003]

Postby 200765 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:17 pm

Male Name » Charlie James Kinsey
Age » 22
Role » Scout
Relationship » Future crush on Elias
Location » Camp
Mentioned » Vaxas
Tagged » Macey, Alex
Charlotte Julianne Kinsey

Charlotte fidgeted with the straps of the pack on Storm's side until she heard the commander's voice traveling over the large crowd. Vaxas, she thought, trying to make sure that she remembered the commander's name. He sounded strong and serious, but the war was not a joking matter. She hoped his low tolerance for troublemakers meant that he would be a good yet strict commander, and that she and the other recruits would have a better chance of making it out of the war alive than if they were under a different leader.

When the commander finished speaking, Charlotte got ready to lead Storm to where she wanted to set up her and Macey's tent when a voice calling out to them stopped her. She stiffened slightly at the masculine voice. She was not prepared to actually talk to someone of the opposite gender. Sure, she knew she was going have to talk to others, but not so soon. Clearing her throat, she silently reminded herself to speak in a deeper voice before turning around.

The man—Alexander, as he introduced himself—offered his hand to her to shake. Charlotte hesitantly reached out to it, shaking it, before pulling her hand back and introducing herself. She hoped he didn't think of her as odd for her strange behavior; she was still getting used to living as a man after all. "Hello, Alexander. I'm Charlie," she said, pleased that she didn't stumble over her fake name. "Charlie Kinsey. It's a pleasure to meet you. And it would be lovely if you could help us out with our tents." Her eyes widened, and she stuttered a bit as she tried to backtrack. "I-it would be great, awesome!" Heat started rising to her cheeks and she was sure his first impression of her was really bad. She would have to pay attention to what she said.

"We're planning on setting up by the edge of camp so that it'll be less noisy for us," she explained. Charlotte started leading her horse with the tent on its back to the area where she wanted to set up. She unrolled the white fabric and got out the stakes and supports for the tent. She looked at the disassembled tent and sighed. I should have practiced setting up at home, before I left. Right now, she only had a vague idea of how it was to be set up.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

» macey maddox // "mace maddox" [three]

Postby razzberry » Mon May 29, 2017 7:35 am

𝐌acey 𝐌addox
    ════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
    alias ━ mace maddox ) ( sex ━ female ) ( role ━ archer trainee ) ( age ━ twenty two ) ( location ━ camp ) ( tagged ━ charlotte, vaxas, matthias, alex )

the chatter in the small clearing began to die as the tall man who had called for the gathering made quick work of introductions. macey listened with ticking nerves as the commander's eyes swept over the group of men as he spoke, her paranoia that he would be able to see right through charlotte's and her disguises was greater then ever at this moment. the brunette backed herself up into the hard chest of her mount, resting her head against the side of his firm neck for a minute as she calmed herself and her fired nerves. shooting a glance at charlotte, macey hoped that her friend was having an easier time with this then she was. they didn't need both of them being complete messes and risk blowing their cover. she would just have to learn to calm her nerves down or trust their their disguises would truly prevail.

the commander - vaxas - began to speak yet again and macey managed to calm her body down enough to bring her attention up to the hulking man. she wasn't the least bit surprised that his words of consequential actions and punishments and the severity of them fit adequately with the intimidating and authoritative aura that emanated of him. then came the part of personal trainers. she could have guessed that the trainees wouldn't be allowed to just do their own thing, mentors and trainers were the best option of go about helping the trainees hone their skills to their optimum peak. it won't be as hard to hide my identity if the training is mostly one on one. that should be the easiest part she thought.

macey let out a heavy breath she hadn't realized she was holding when vaxas dismissed the group. she ran a hand through basil's coarse mane and had turned to address charlie when her sharp hearing caught onto the tail end of the commanders quieter comment, directed to someone in the crowd. faulk? the question hovered in her mind as her eyes searched the crowd for the person the commander was addressing. a moving figure caught her attention as the parted from the dispersing crowd and proceeded to follow the commander to his tent as instructed. the man was quite tall, with a head of golden hair and what looked like a well built body beneath the clothes that hugged his body. "do you lads need any help setting up your tents or anything" a new, deep masculine voice interrupted her gazing and her head whipped to the side where another tall man with dark brown locks stood, hand extended towards the both of them. [b]"pardon the intrusion, i'm alexander moon, pleased to meet you". macey watched as charlotte introduced herself first, shaking alexander's hand, and noticed charlie freeze up when she slipped up on her speech. macey couldn't deny that this was going to be tought. they had to totally convert themselves into a man - their language, body language, appearance, everything. "i'm mace. mace maddox" she offered alex a friendly smile as she shook his hand in turn after charlotte. macey turned and led basil towards the spot where they would set up their tent, after charlie and storm with alex in tow. while her friend crouched down and began sorting through the materials for the tent, macey tied both horse's reins to a nearby tree before moving towards the pair to help with the tent. "i'm not gonna lie, i haven't put together a tent since my father made me camp out behind the stable for a week. let's just say he didn't like the fact that i sold a prized cow for money" macey couldn't help but chuckle as she finished her recollection of the distant memory of the first and last time she had ever touched, let alone put together, a tent.

razzberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Alexander Moon [#3]

Postby crazy-in-wonderland » Tue May 30, 2017 11:58 pm

(Age) 21(Role) Soldier(Relationship) Open(Location) Camp(Mentioned) Macey and Charlotte (Tagged) Macey and Charlotte
Alexander shook Charlie's hand, chuckling softly at his girly use of the word lovely, "Of course I'd help, that's what I'm here for after all. Teaching and all that. Best bet if you don't want any noise would be over there." he said pointing to a clearing in between two tree's, "That way your close to camp but not too noisy. But I'll warn you of the dangers of sleeping on the outside of camp, for when we enter the real war. You'd probably be the first to be slaughtered, easy targets and to keep you quiet so they can infiltrate camp easier." In turn he turned to Mace and shook his hand, "Lovely to meet you," he said winking at Charlie as he used the same word that make him flustered so much. He looked at the limp white tent on the group, picking up a wooden stake and nailing it to the ground. "Look closely at how I do this, I'll only do it once then you're on your own lads," He chuckled as he began to lay out the stakes with the corresponding threads of the tent when it was flattened out, then he got the two boys to start sticking the stakes into the ground as he propped the tent up. With a sigh, he sat down. "Think you would be able to do it without me next time?" he questioned.

crazy-in-wonderland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Wed May 31, 2017 8:20 pm

( ) — VAXAS TAVRINTH
║ age twenty-six ║ gender male ║ role commander ║ location tent ║ tags matthias form relations

Vaxas was furious, though he didn't exactly know why. Matthias was apologetic about the whole situation and that much was clear, but why did Vaxas' soul still burn? Why was it raging on in a fury? A flurry of feelings he could not explain per usual. There was a twinge of regret that prodded at his gut, wanting to be released in the form of a hug between two old friends, but Vaxas didn't dare let that side of him out. There was another twinge elsewhere, residing in his knuckles. Skin that had not hit any rough patches for far too long. His fists almost ached for Matthias' eye.

He spindled out of control. Vaxas grasped Matthias' throat tightly, contemplating against pushing him up against the wall for a brief moment before realizing that his tent had no stable walls, only poles holding the canvas up, nails driven into the ground to prevent it from flying off into the distance. Instead, Vaxas brought Matthias to the ground, kneeling beside him to land a couple of punches with his free hand. Vaxas wasn't hitting him with full strength, although he needed to release this anger and tension, he still couldn't bring himself to hurt Matthias at full force.
    "If you had a say, my arse! You don't deserve a damn say, you cold blooded murderer!" Vaxas hissed, spitting his words out as if they were poison, and Matthias was his prey.
Last edited by passione on Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me