↘ ғᴀᴛᴇғᴜʟ ᴀʟʟɪᴇs

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: ↘ ғᴀᴛᴇғᴜʟ ᴀʟʟɪᴇs

Postby onion » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:36 pm

effie jo / 20 / pansexual / wealth 3 / the foreigner
kingdom: nearon
tags: open

once past the rest of the doors in the hall, effie began down the long staircase; it really was long, and it took her a good minute to finish her descent. once on the floor, she looked around. it seemed there werent many around, save for a few people conversing at the edges of the hall.
effie drifted to the wall as usual, near the back room, but not too close. she wasnt sure whether it was occupied or not... or if any place was. in fact, effie just wasnt sure what to do with herself. so she looked down at the floor and clasped her hands together in front of her, tapping her left foot against the tip of her right. hopefully she wasnt in the way.
but truth be told, effie felt naked compared to last night, despite her body being more covered than then. it was the fact that she didnt have the mask... she liked that it had covered her nose, something about herself she wasnt fond of, and her nose, too. she was quite insecure in general, really, and as she looked around she noticed much more pretty and fancy outfits than hers.

♦️ june park / 18 / bisexual / wealth 8 / the athlete
kingdom: arkley
tags: open

june awoke quickly and dressed himself just as fast. the day was young and he was excited to interact with the other inhabitants. adjusting his suspenders, the pieces that connected to his dress pants made of gold, he then threw his red coat over his shoulders and headed out of his room.
down the stairs he descended in dark brown dress shoes that were perfectly polished. june smiled lightly as he strode through the hallway. it seemed not many people were up so far, and those who were were still in their rooms.
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AlphaOfThePack21 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:42 pm

19||Female||Demisexual||Wealth: 2||Nearon||Paired: Kristoff Monette||Tags: Lauren
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

How was it that this man had piqued her interest? She was both annoyed and intrigued, usually, she found a conversation just boring and hard to hold. Maybe it was because they were talking about something she actually enjoys, more than likely but still. It was true that there were schools more or less recently opened for women. But Liza wasn't the one who lets herself get limited. Her mother actually knows how to read a little and write, the rest Elizabeth figured out on her own. After years of doing it, she has become a pro. She usually found herself wanting to go against the current and socially acceptable lifestyles, and usually when people told her she couldn't do something she sought that out as a challenge. Usually within a few months proving them wrong.

She offered an over-exaggerated gasp to his comment. "It seems you are attempting to compare the two. When people who read the paper read it just once and simply throw it away or use it for a dog to relieve themselves. Books live on for decades and are reread. Besides newspaper's writings are over the top, using that form of writing to keep their readers interested for the short summary of manure they decide to pass on to the world that will only be forgotten by the next latest gossip." she explained. "Novels are more memorable I'd say."

"I suggest reading something worth your while. If you find something you enjoy it's hardly like reading at all." she stated as she watched him pick up the paper once again. Though Elizabeth is blunt and opinionated she wasn't one to make fun of someone for something like struggling with reading. Because for a while she had struggled herself. Everyone starts somewhere, and Elizabeth was not heartless.

"You'd be right, Sir. How could one find themself occupied so easily with a needle and thread? Being raised by a seamstress I still have yet to see the infatuation. I prefer something that makes me stand out against the crowd, there is no fun in being seen like everyone else." Though it did kind of annoy her with the "From a woman" comment she chose to not say anything about it. As if a woman was any less capable than a man, it shouldn't even be a surprise to have a literate woman capable of reading and writing, but that is how this world is.

[Will edit and add Theo hopefully tomorrow!]
AlphaOfThePack21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:58 pm

──
age: 22xxgender:xxwealth: fivexxkingdom: arkleyxxlocation: back roomxxmentions/tags: elizabeth

"I haven't met many women who can read," Lauren continued thoughtfully, picking right up from where he'd last taken a quick pause. "Not ones that read thicker novels like the one in your hand, anyway. Education is unfair to you; I believe every woman should be capable of at least having the ability to read a typed page." His words trailed off as he tipped his head in consideration. It hadn't ever made sense to him, why the number of educational services for men heavily outweighed the women. Though he knew women typically had more nurturing character traits than men obtained, to force them strictly inside the walls of a house and declare them to be strictly housewives and baby-makers didn't quite seem to complete the puzzle. The children, yes, for that was something a man was incapable of, but Lauren hadn't ever truly figured out why women couldn't do the "dirty working jobs," such as becoming a farrier, or even a doctor; didn't baby-catchers practically do a lot of the same things? Minus the injections, of course, but Lauren had become familiar with the women of the older ages. The healers. What had changed?

He focused back in as the woman spoke, and it was then that he realized he didn't yet know her name. Lauren had spoken to few people last night, and although he was sure it was going to be a bit more difficult to pinpoint the people he became familiar with now that they were without masks, he was certain this was the first time he'd spoken to this particular young lady. It didn't bother him that she hadn't tossed her name in his direction; carrying on nameless was a way to have a conversation without throwing biased opinions into it. Biased when it came to names, that was; Lauren knew both he and this woman had their own opinions when it came to books. That was inarguable.

"In a way," he agreed simply, unphased by her scramble of words in order to prove her point. He was impressed she was so worked up over this, though; far too many women would have disregarded the whole topic by now, he was sure of it. "I do not read my papers once and throw them away for a dog, or into a trash can, but you are right, many do." Lauren tapped his fingers gently against the tabletop, though simply to add some noise to the silent background, not because he was tired of the conversation. "And I suppose every mind works differently; I most certainly would not remember a tiring romance love triangle, but I would remember the latest gossip in my hometown for quite some time." He didn't bother mentioning that as a child, he was particularly intrigued by newspapers because he wished to scope out his father's name in it. Perhaps that, too, was why he was still determined to fixate his mind onto the dancing words before him and make sense of them, though he supposed the only reason that was was because it had become part of his routine. "And someone like yourself, who I've begun to suspect may prefer a good fantasy world over the real, would most likely pay little mind to a silly old newspaper if there was a paperback novel right beside it. That, too, would be acceptable."

She was getting fired up, he could tell. Her tone did not rise, but Lauren knew she was getting more into it. He clucked his tongue at her tossed-out suggestion, quickly tossing his gaze away from her and onto the table. He stared hard at it, hands balling into fists before releasing, relieving some of the tension that had begun to build up inside of him. "I suggest," he started slowly, tone low as he chose his words carefully, "that you focus more on what your mind is capable of than what others' can do. Not all brilliant minds work the same." And then he did stare back at her, but his expression was blank and his brows had furrowed a bit. "And you are once again correct, though I can assure you that your definition of 'hardly reading at all' is portrayed far differently in your mind then it is of mine."

And he was oh-so-relieved when she changed the topic. He didn't need to toss himself back into a world of grim, enraged memories. Not here. His blood seemed to cool with ease, and a flicker of surprise overpowered the discomfort he'd begun to feel. "A seamstress's daughter with no love for just that," he stated in an echo, nodding his head slowly. He understood that, too, to some degree. Not the exact job, of course, but he'd wished not to become a lawyer since that was exactly what his father was. And because he didn't have much interest, but more so because of the first reason. "Well then, miss, I'm sure your determined mindset will take you far someday."
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
─────────────────────────────
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:16 pm

ARETHA - mentions: x - tags: Vincent

Aretha was immediately submerged into a peaceful state as soon as the sweet melody, that her fingers made up, reached her ears. She closed her eyes, hiding her emerald green eyes just for a moment to allow herself to truly feel the music. She had always been lulled by the pianist that Aretha had grown up with and considered herself proud to be able to appreciate her own work. Soon Aretha had built the melody up into a pleasant song, one that rang clear yet soft in any listeners ears. Aretha found herself quietly humming along, allowing her speeding heartbeat to slow and allowing the young women to find a sense of calm, even if it was just for a few moments. Perhaps she would even settle anyone who dared to stop and listen as Aretha played till her heart was content. If Aretha hadn't been so mesmerised by the amazing state of the piano, she would have noticed the young man that had quietly slipped into the room and was observing her.

Aretha paused to give her fingers a break, fingers that had been playing the keys her whole life. Aretha glanced up from her work, a strand of white hair falling from her bun, resting against her face. Aretha blew it out of the way, settling her green gaze on a gentlemen who watched her from a far. "Sorry, did I wake you?" Aretha asked politely.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:43 pm

──
age: 21xxgender:xxwealth: 7xxkingdom: nearonxxlocation: ballroomxxmentions/tags: aretha

Vincent was disappointed to come to the conclusion that he had little idea as to what exactly was being played. As a musician himself, he felt he had a semi-decent idea of what was popular amongst other music-lovers, but he hadn't a clue what was sounding from the grand piano across the room. Perhaps an original? An original was always joyous; they were really what kept Vincent on his toes. Yes, learning a pre-set song always challenged the mind, but creating an original was a fresh step in a new direction. A put-yourself-out-there sort of experience, something every musician hoped would become known to every pair of ears around them. Vincent played for fun more than anything else, for he did have bigger dreams than creating music for the world to become familiar with, but maybe this young woman was different. She certainly was skillful, that went without a doubt.

He felt a pang of guilt strike within his core as her fingers stilled, turning to stone. The gleeful music halted abruptly, and the ballroom was still; it felt a lot larger than it had just moments ago. A sheepish smile played at his lips, as if he was a criminal who'd just been caught. "Goodness, no," he returned earnestly, hoping that was enough to settle her if she was indeed worried that she'd done exactly what she had just asked him. "The ballroom is far too distanced from the bedrooms for anyone to hear; the doors were shut, anyway. I was simply taking a walk." Vincent didn't often feel awkward, but he got the sense that he'd entered at the wrong time. With that in mind, he backed up a few steps, blindly searching for the doors. "I best be on my way now. I hadn't meant to disturb you, just felt I'd take a peek."
st paranormal podcast <3

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:08 pm

ARETHA - tags: Vincent

Aretha found that despite the awful mood that usually came with her dejected personality in the face of a problem, Aretha felt collected for the shortest amount of time. From the way the man watched her with fascination, she soon found that he was more intrigued in the music rather than her, or that was what she gathered. She didn't mind, however, because she was more than happy to be in the presence of a fellow musician. Her eyes waited on the man for a moment before she pulled her fingers back and beckoned him closer, carefully. "Alright, that is good. Although I do say that I would be unapologetic because who can say no to amazing music when they hear it?".

"If you would like, I can play something for you. Take advantage of my good mood as best as you can" Aretha chuckled sheepishly. Aretha couldn't help but feel slightly put off, watching as the man stumbled backwards. Perhaps she had startled him with her abrupt stop.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:25 pm

──
age: 21xxgender:xxwealth: 7xxkingdom: nearonxxlocation: ballroomxxmentions/tags: aretha

Vincent hadn't yet departed from the elegant ballroom, having pressed his back to the wall once more, but he was awfully close to making to making exit. From where he was standing, though, he was able to get a good glimpse of the room he was standing in. The floors, gleaming, were a chestnut wood colour, and Vincent failed to see a single smudge on it. The ceiling was a baby blue colour and it consisted of various sorts of art; he wondered how long it took to not only get an artist in to paint something, but to figure out a schedule for so many different painters to come in and claim a section of said ceiling. Large, Greek-like poles and frames were a clean coat of white, and the supporting walls were a pinkish-beige, like very fair skin that had been blessed with the slightest tan. He wondered how many years it took to create such a place.

As he'd originally predicted, Vincent already felt his body temperature increasing, and he shrugged off his coat as the stranger continued to speak, lunging forward on one leg to drape the coat across the back of the nearest chair. Knowing him, he'd most likely forget about it, but it was better than melting into a puddle right on the perfectly polished floor. That would surely be enough to get him kicked out.

He found it somewhat odd that she was waving him over, and even more strange that his feet seemed to have planted themselves in the floor. The only thing that moved were his hands, which drifted from his sides to the insides of the pockets sewn into his trousers. He raised a brow; self-confident, this one was. Vincent wasn't sure if she was joking or being serious, which made him only just a bit weary. He didn't dislike higher-wealth women, but he'd met far too many French ones that were much too stuck up for him to deal with. Maybe she was yet another one of those, minus the French part. Her accent did not match his own.

"I believe that would make me feel just as awkward as it would you," he responded earnestly. "I don't wish to waste any more of your time, I just thought I'd mention that you're a lovely player. And with that... good day." The words stumbled off his tongue awkwardly and he shot her a lopsided smile before purposely backing into the door, giving it a push to open, yet didn't fully exit. Though he knew it was best to leave her to her own devices, he was somewhat curious as to whether or not she'd resume playing or not.
st paranormal podcast <3

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AlphaOfThePack21 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:49 pm

19||Female||Demisexual||Wealth: 2||Nearon||Paired: Kristoff Monette||Tags: Lauren

She had this slight look of surprise on her face at his words. Almost like he had read her mind, it was pleasing to know that someone of the more "superior" gender and obviously wealth class by what he is wearing. Someone like him had thoughts like this. It made her feel a bit more...comfortable. She could feel herself feeling just a tad more relaxed. Most men would look at her simply as someone who could bear children and cook for them. She was not cut out to be someone like that, she never was. Breaking the mold every time one was made. "I do...thank you for that. I am hopeful one day that will be the reality, it proves more possible when someone like yourself thinks this way too," she explained as there was this actual genuine smile on her face, her head tilted slightly to the side. She wasn't one to usually smile like this, or thank someone, but that comment, his view it made her feel warm. It made her feel more capable and more determined, and a little like she warmed up to him...just a little. She rather enjoys being in the company of someone who has similar views to that of her own.

She wasn't trying to sum him up with every person out there. "Then I suppose that makes you the first I've met that doesn't do that." she joked lightly, in a way mimicking him as just moments prior. She listened to him, for so long she had been putting all men...mostly into their own category not thinking that they were all that similar to women in any way with how much they struggle. But she never once would doubt someone's capability of their own brain and thoughts. "It seems you know me to boot at this point, though the only reason for that is because of the restrictions in the real world, I have none in my fantasy," she explained. "I suppose reading the newspaper is not all that horrible, I just am not fond of words that may be lacking the truth being spread around." gossip was not something she really indulged in, which is much to everyone's surprise, but she prefers telling people things face to face and finding out from their mouths what is true or not. Papers tend to stretch the truth to make it an interesting read, which is the only reason she referred to it as short summary of manure just moments ago.

"Ah, and see good sir that is where you have misinterpreted me, or maybe I have miscommunicated. Nevertheless, I have never said all minds are the same, though if you are in any way worried about yours I assure you that I wouldn't have a conversation with just anyone for this long. Your mind may be different from that of my own but it is nothing short of brilliant." She stated, only people with the greatest of minds could possibly handle her because she knew how much of a handful she is.

"I...find your presence rather tolerable. That's more than I can say to most of the people I hold a conversation with. It's quite surprising if I am being honest." she responded. "I quite hope to have more conversations with you again. That is if you haven't found my conversation too ill-mannered and brash." she watched him, the book still closed with her thumb inside and sitting on her lap.

21||Male||Heterosexual||Wealth: 9||Arkley||Paired: Kassandra DeMarks||Tags: Annie

It wasn't like she had rammed into him to where he lost his balance he simply adjusted the jacket because it had the slightest bit shifted and felt a bit uncomfortable. He didn't mind it, he would be fine bumping into her any time. He enjoyed her presence. He chuckled at her comment as he ran his hand through his hair "Well it is quite obvious, It's not often I see you sprinting through a garden." he paused. "Actually I don't think I've ever." he chuckled. He could see she was trying to act fine like she didn't want to burden him with her problems but he didn't care, he would prefer she gets it off her chest to him more than anything. But it didn't seem she really wanted to, and he would never force her to, she would talk when she is ready.

He offered a small half-smile to her appreciation. He hoped she didn't worry about him, even if she was more capable than he will ever be. He hopes she worries about herself, that would be fine with him. "Remind me to never do anything like a surprise party or something. I don't think that would end very well." he joked with a light laugh. "It was, interesting, I did particularly enjoy our time together, catching up with an old friend was quite nice. Dancing with a stranger has its benefits and its downfalls. But I not offended at all by you not looking out for me. Unfortunately, you don't have much free reign as I do in these matters, so I was more worried about your wellbeing than my own."

"Ah, that is good to hear, as long as he was respectable. Then he and I will have no problems interacting." He was lying to himself. Why did he have the thought that no one is good enough for Annie? Jealousy of a sort? He once again shoved those thoughts out of his head. He was convincing himself that it was simply because he cared so deeply for his friend. "It was quite nice. I mean I have nothing bad to say about Miss DeMarks she was pleasant, she is quite stunning. But I still have no intentions of marrying just yet." his face turned a little rosy as she prodded him in what seemed like a playful manner. He knew it was. He cleared his throat "It's just you. I don't even know her to be able to really give an idea of her." he rolled his eyes slightly in a playful way. He would make the same comment to her but he knew how she felt about the situation even if she didn't say it directly, so he decided against it.
AlphaOfThePack21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:00 am

──
age: 20xxgender:xxwealth: 9xxkingdom: nearonxxlocation: gardensxxmentions/tags: theodore

"It's my dream, don't you know," Annalise continued. Her tone was edging on the serious side of things, as if her statement was a matter-of-fact comment, and she lacked any signs of laughter on her facial expression, but she knew he knew she was only joking. Annalise had been crowned best actress time and time again within the Purcell household. "Rebelling through a strange garden in a pricey dress selected from my mother that I've only had for little over an hour." Her eyes widened as she really pondered over the situation, and she quickly shook her head. "That is all one big lie, you are right; Annalise Purcell does not run."

Her head shook side-to-side quickly at the comment of a surprise party, as if it was the most dreadful thing her ears had ever heard. "Absolutely not," she agreed. "I've grown up with brothers and Peyton, whose strength is as equal as a man's. I wish to save your pretty nose, Theodore Lefeuvret." She tilted her head just a bit and shot him an innocent, sugar-sweet smile. Obviously she'd never hit anyone, especially not Theo, but it was fun to tease. In fact, despite the heaviness of the conversation, Annie was feeling better. Maybe it was because even just the sight of Theodore managed to lift her spirits, or because his laugh brought joy to the situation. She wasn't exactly sure. Her head did bob slightly in agreement as he made mention of their quick reunion. It was nice. Not only was it a treat to see Theodore out in public, but it also gave her the hope that things were getting better between Nearon and Arkley. She was more than excited to finally have the opportunity to chat with an Arkley member without fearing she'd get caught. She could finally spend more time with Theo, and Aretha, too; she wanted to hear every little detail of the time that happened between their last meet and their latest.

For whatever reason, picturing Ambrose and Theodore meeting reminded her of the image she'd had of bringing her future husband home to meet her father. It was weird to think that, but Annalise got the sense that things would get very awkward very quickly. She couldn't quite figure out why that reason was, but it was enough for her to feel squirmy right then and there. She silently thanked Theodore for moving on just as she was about to shiver in an uncomfortable way. There was nothing special about what Theodore said in terms of his partner, yet it was enough to dim Annalise's mood, though just for a split second. She supposed that was because the last time the two had gotten together, neither knew what "stunning" meant in terms of physical attraction. But, yet again, as much as the idea of change made her antsy, she knew it was something that was going to have to happen to everyone at some point in their life. It wasn't thrilling in her mind, but it was part of growing up.

"Well, I suppose that's what this whole trip is about," she murmured, puckering her lips in thought. "If you were to be honest, do you believe you will take the time to try and find a woman to court here, especially while the kingdoms are at ease with one another?" She wasn't too sure why exactly she was asking this, maybe because it was something she was thinking about on her end, but it came out regardless. It was said in a more serious tone, though, suggesting she wasn't teasing him about plucking out a bride any longer. Of course, he didn't have to give an answer either, but she was genuinely curious to figure out just how many people here were truly going to attempt to court someone.

──────

──
age: 22xxgender:xxwealth: 5xxkingdom: arkleyxxlocation: back roomxxmentions/tags: elizabeth

Lauren offered a silent shrug at her quiet thanks, unsure of what exactly to say that would be perfectly appropriate for the situation. It was only just his opinion, and it seemed they had already dug a far enough hole on that subject. Lauren wasn't willing to leap in it quite yet. He knew of men who considered him to be indifferent based on his beliefs. Typical Arkley men, or maybe it was just the type that had connections with his father. Whatever the case may be, they carried themselves proudly, with intentions of making women know each and every chore in the house as if they were born to do it. In some of their minds, they did believe women were born to do just that. Perhaps the reason Lauren hadn't been sucked into their all-too-convincing words was because in his mind, he'd envisioned his mother to be the hero everyone wanted, needed. Rhonda was his parental figure. The maid who'd helped him learn his alphabet was a woman. All throughout his life, his go-tos had been women. His father disliked the sex, that was something Lauren learned quickly. He'd been taken from his father at a young age, nearly before he could even talk, and therefore didn't remember anything he'd said during those first few years, but he'd always made a snarky comment each time Lauren tried to visit as he grew up, and they all bundled up inside his mind. His distaste towards women, the comments he made about how Lauren's stupidity was because he grew up with them. Not one slipped by Lauren, despite not having the voice to say anything in return. Oh, how lucky that man was that he was dead.

"My thoughts are beyond imaginable, but I used to believe I could change that," he admitted, a twitch of a smile on his lips at the memory of young, determined Lauren Shaw. "I was told it was something my mother wanted dearly, and I was convinced I'd make it happen." He pressed his lips together as he pondered over it, reaching for his glasses once more, just to fiddle with. " 'Course, I didn't go into teaching, or anything related to the law, but... P'rhaps someone will one day."

Her words "someone like yourself" hadn't floated past him easily; his comprehensive side had snatched that up before any of the other words, but he didn't make a comment on it. She didn't know who he was, after all. It was strictly based on the tossed newspaper and his grumble towards words that made her decide on that phrase. Oddly enough, his misery hadn't seemed to scare her off, and she hadn't disregarded him for that book of hers. God, what was happening to him? Three women that he'd spoken to, now, and three that he hadn't brushed aside. Things truly were getting dangerous for him, weren't they?

"I suppose you deserve your own category, too," Lauren returned a moment later, his tone lighter now, much like his own. "A bookworm with an attitude and a strong distaste for her family's business. I haven't come across one of those yet." He meant no harm to his "attitude" comment, referring to it as more of a blunt, independent personality than anything else, and whilst he had a feeling she wasn't going to get offended over that, he really wasn't sure. Her words held meaning to them, and Lauren was genuinely surprised to find himself latching onto them; though he didn't believe women were unintelligent, some- particularly in a situation like this, where marriage was to be involved- acted as if they were the most airheaded beings on the planet, and all for attention, too. He couldn't stand it. But this one spoke intelligently, thoughtfully, and although it was evident she'd much rather live in her own fantasy world than here, it all made sense. Lauren didn't once find it stupid.

"Lack of truth and overstretched drama," he mused, "seems to get them every time." He tilted his chin to meet her gaze once more, adding in a tone that was more directed to her than the first, "I respect your opinion, both with the dramatics of a newspaper and the mind of a human-being. I suppose I can consider myself flattered, though if I were to tease, I believe I do have the right to make mention of how it was you who had joined me. I believe that makes it a bit more difficult to rid me if you did not like my company." With that, a ghost of a smile fell upon his face, fleeting; a shadow on a sunny day, unable to keep its visuals for more than a second. "I'd prefer ill-mannered and brash over flirtatious and foolish," he told her honestly. "Although I do not know how things are from your perspective, I can only guess you've the experience of that exact personality I despise, only in men. Suitors, if I am being exact. People often act like desperate animals in the heat of springtime come the season of courting."
st paranormal podcast <3

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AlphaOfThePack21 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:22 pm

Liza had never thought about her future, what she would want to be. With the world not allowing women to be anything other than something to look at, it was hard to give in to such thoughts when she couldn't pursue them. Though if she were, to be honest, she would absolutely love to teach people to read a write, any age, any gender, and any wealth class. If not that then what if she were to print and produce books? The ideas were endless when it came to reading and books, if she tried her hand at writing she might come to like it or actually be good at it. But in such times there was nothing she could really do, these unfortunately were nothing more than silly kid's thoughts.

"I believe to makes one's thoughts to reality, take quite some time to accomplish. With something that would need numbers of the same thoughts to make a change, I would think to be a large feat," she stated. "But time goes on and ideas grow, and it becomes hard to make a change with just yourself. But I am sure in time, you'll be able to pull it off even without going into teaching or law. Even if you help support the idea, you are doing more than most." she explained. How nice it would be to be treated as equal to men. To be able to partake in sharing ideas and thoughts without being looked down upon.

The comment of "someone like yourself" was not with any ill intention. Simply because she could tell he is in a higher standing not just because of being a man but also because of being a wealthy man. Someone who dresses as himself must have a higher standing in the wealth bracket. And in this world, the most powerful and the most to make a difference or change are the wealthy and the men. So she genuinely was thankful that someone like him shared the same thoughts as she.

She offered a very light chuckle. "I take that as a compliment. Though you do surprise me with acceptance. My mouth has a tendency to get me in trouble and drive people away." she explained. She tilted her head slightly at him again, "You are quite an enigma aren't you?" she questioned slightly. This man had chosen to strike up a conversation with her rather than leave her to her book, and she was honestly enjoying the conversation. They had butt heads a bit in the beginning but she has since then seen it as nothing more than friendly bantering. He seemed to be strong in opinion and didn't seem to shelter his words to keep from hurting her feelings, most men did in her presence especially when the thoughts of courting her came to be. But this man challenged her, and she found it rather pleasing.

"Hmmm," she said to him as she pondered her reply for just a moment. "If that is your right then by my own I should mention, I may have joined you, but it was you who struck a conversation." seeing for just a small second what seemed to be a very hidden smile. With his next comment, she couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips, relating people to that of animals she had found oddly amusing. Bringing the book up and covered her mouth as if to hide her amusement. "We are in agreement there. People tend to put on a facade to please those around them, which makes me and I'm sure you all the less interested," she said and after a moment her book was back on her lap and face expose but neutral once again. "I don't see the purpose of trying to be anyone but myself, regardless of who it offends. Because if you are courted with a fake personality you are expected to keep on the mask."
21||Male||Heterosexual||Wealth: 9||Arkley||Paired: Kassandra DeMarks||Tags: Annie

He had let a soft chuckle out at her comments. "No Annie Purcell does not simply run, she walks with speed and elegancy." he joked. Though he still questioned as to why she had been....walking with immense speed. But was ultimately met with the dramatics that Annie always has to share from within herself. What if she would have fallen, such a beautiful dress and all the work put into it would have simply been ruined in just a matter of seconds. The morning had offered a slight dew that gently covered the grass and such, and it was also worse more than likely from being watered as well as to maintain the beauty of this gem of a garden.

"Such violence from one so small. One would think, or dare to say that you would be insufficient to reach this high up." he playfully jokes. Though it was true, she was shorter than him by quite a bit, of course wearing heels would give her a little bit of an edge. "I suppose all I would simply have to do is run since you do not." he continued with a laugh. It was fun having playful and friendly banter. He found himself slowly letting the situation of forceful marriage melt away as they spoke. Much like how it felt when they first saw each other at the dance. Hopefully, this one remains uninterrupted so they could enjoy themselves and each other's company, as long as no one took her away again.

He thought over the question for a while. "I can't be sure. In time I suppose it's possible, but under the circumstances, we are put under now, I find it more appealing to do just the opposite. Though....." he paused. "feelings such a love can come at the most unexpected and inopportune times, so it is really hard to say." It wasn't like he had anyone in mind in particular. But seeing as how his mother and his father had gotten married during a plague...seems like love has a timeline of its own. At least that's what he believes. "What about yourself Annie? I know you are set to not marry but...with the walls being down and the people free to be with either of the kingdoms. If love came knocking at your heart...would you accept it?" he questioned, it was a serious matter so he was not showing a hint of anything other than that. Whether she answered wholeheartedly or not he still is curious, but he too was questioning as to why these questions came to be.

[Posting vv just so it doesn't get lost too far :D ]
AlphaOfThePack21 wrote:
20||Female||Heterosexual||Wealth: 8||Arkley||Paired: Corrin Elmer||Tags: Agnes

The night from before felt all like a bad dream. That night she had problems falling asleep, and at some points staying asleep. She had so much anxiety even though her interaction with Corrin was not bad. This whole ordeal still tugged at her. She was sure everyone else being forced into this situation feels the same.

With little to no sleep, she woke up groggy and gross feeling. But had made sure last night that she did not bother the girl who slept just across the room. When she awoke the girl across the room seemed to be already awake. She sat up slowly in the bed, the sun shining through the room. The onryx was quite beautiful, even under the circumstances. The sheets were silk, the finest of quality on the beds. Her hand slid across it as she looked at the bed that was messily thrown around. It really showed how rough of a nights sleep she had. She only had one thing she was excited about....the onryx garden. She heard it was beautiful and she wished to see the flowers that bloom within it. So with that she stood from the bed, her sleeping gown falling down before she heads over and in privacy of the changing room changed into a beautiful elegant red dress, she didn't really feel like getting all dolled up and have a dress with a cage so she chose to do a dress that didn't need one. Her wild auburn hair falling in waves to one side of her head. With that she returned and approached Agnes, she figured it would best to introduce herself, as they had slept right across from each other that night.

But with that thought came her anxiety again, she internally rolled her eyes at herself because of it. Forcing herself to stand near Agnes and with quiet words and a curtsy "Good morning. I...um. I am Fleur Disraeli, it's a pleasure to meet you, please feel free to call me Fleur. Also I do hope I did not disturb you at any point in the night." This girl had looked approachable enough, so she wondered how her personality is. Could they be friends? She was getting ahead of herself, one step at a time.
AlphaOfThePack21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me