. ♔ ( ⊰ a wolf in sheep's clothing..” ⎯ ⊱ )

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Sheriff [I]

Postby Crono » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:22 am

Adam Morris
Male ~ Forty-Two ~ Sheriff ~ Profile

The Sheriff stood on the sidewalk watching a few busy townspeople preparing for the upcoming festival. While the event was still a few days out, that didn't stop many from setting up ahead of time to avoid a time crunch later. A shiver ran through Adam causing a minor shiver, the chill was getting to him even through the officer bomber jacket. In retaliation he gladly sipped at the coffee in his hand. Some might call him a wimp for how he handled the cold weather but Adam never let that bother him. It was only just into fall and while it was certainly chilly out, Jasper would be getting much colder as it faded into winter. The thought pulling a disgruntled grunt from the man as he started moving, strolling down the sidewalk. Throwing out the greetings or waves to those who offered their own or made eye contact as he moved.

Glancing up at the sky he wondered how much longer they had until the rain started falling. The swirling clouds in the sky were a warning of what was to come. Adam gave himself a silent reminder to lock the doggy door later to avoid a very wet and muddy pup from happening. Lex was never one to let the rain stop him from enjoying himself outside much to the Sheriff's dismay. At some point he'd need to drive the golden retriever to his uncles farm, given how busy he'd be with the festival coming up. Norman could always use the company anyhow, admittedly he saw it as killing two birds with one stone. Lex got more attention and Norman got some quality time with his great nephew, so to speak.

Besides, he needed to focus on the festival going off without a hitch security wise. People needed to feel safe, and avoid any confrontations. It was election year for the Sheriff position. And while it wouldn't be the worst thing if someone else was Sheriff, he enjoyed the job and would rather keep it than rely on someone else doing it. Not that Jasper didn't make it difficult, especially given the trigger happy idiots that killed wildlife and pets alike in the last year due to the superstitious rumors. Of course he'd gotten his share of complaints for not keeping them in check, but it was difficult to do so all things considered. The man was drawn from such thoughts by the clattering of wood off to his side causing him to halt in his step, watching as a few of the townsfolk worked together to raise a large tent that would likely hold stalls underneath it in the coming days.
Crono

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me