c r o w n o f i m m o r t a l i t y

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

skyris

Postby rae sanders » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:36 pm

skyris
quartermaster ;; twenty-one

Listening to the small talk that was exchanged back towards her, a small smile tugged to the edges of her lips as the master gunner replied with a slick remark about the captain as well, tilting her head down, she attempted to hide the smile, but could no longer as a small chuckle started from deep inside of her.
The chuckle had not lasted long, knowing that she should not make remarks like the one she had made, or be entertained by the kind of Kadlin's joke, just for the reason of hierarchy, but she could not let the opportunity pass her by to get into a conversation with another mate. She rarely found time for herself to let down and have conversation and get to know the truth behind every crew member, due to the always constant needs that was to be tended to.
She found the statement of having a lot of life left made her smile again, and she truly appreciated the woman's humor.
Although she had not had many in depth conversations with the members, she had known them all. Daily she keeps a watch on every member, making sure that they get their fair share to keep everyone healthy and ready for anything that was to come. With that being said, she saw William approaching and recognized the lack of food in his system.
Opening his mouth, she could hear the lack of energy and looked to Kadlin, to see if she had any orders of her own to give the man. But once she replied and the eyes came upon her, she realized her responsibility and turned her head to William, quickly looking him over. "It looks as if everyone is finishing up their own part, so in the meantime, get yourself a good bit of food to fill your empty stomach with, and come back to me when we dock, I'll find you something to do on land." She spewed.
She often tried not to spew, because many of the members on board wouldn't be able to comprehend such mass of orders, but sometimes, it happens, she doesn't apologize, just repeats if needed.
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

─── ( post two

Postby braunkatt » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:49 pm

─── ( william michaels alderslade :: skyris and kadlin :: cabin boy

the pirate's attention quickly retorted to kadlin, he couldn't make sense of the expression on her face. why was she so disgusted of him? "i'm sorry," william discreetly clasped his own hand, a reassuring gesture that he had done since a child. he couldn't make out anything kadlin was saying, her accent was more incomprehensible than usual. "i'm brackish prone, haven't you noticed?" an uneasy laugh sprung from the back of his throat. will's comedic efforts didn't seem to spark any reaction from the females.

gazing from the formast the crystal-clear waters sparkled under the sun rays. just in the distance was a little chunk of land, will felt his heart flutter. land! it had been months since the last time he had touched a speckle of sand, let alone a patch of grass. for ages will wished to be able to lay on the ground or be able to feel a tree. though it was pathetic of him to get excited over land, his eyes landed back onto skyris. not at all her appearance matched her personality.

on the outside, she was an innocent maiden, but her attitude was completely different. fiercely independent and short-tempered, she didn't match up the pure woman he had thought her out to be. "it looks as if everyone is finishing up their own part, so in the meantime, get yourself a good bit of food to fill your empty stomach with, and come back to me when we dock, i'll find you something to do on land." skyris sounded like seagulls squawking all at once, william shook his head, "how close do you think we are to the dock?" the cabin-boy pursed his lips anxiously; he was quick to dismiss what she had noted early. "a-also, where's the food?" a silly question that was - william was truly clueless.

word count / 309
braunkatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: c r o w n o f i m m o r t a l i t y

Postby Alkhatine » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:38 am

𝔥𝔲𝔤𝔬
Carpenter :: Location - Main deck :: Tags - none (open)

Hugo chuckled to himself as he heard William's question from where he was standing. Where was the food, indeed. Everybody else was preparing for boarding, but his leg felt especially stiff today, so the carpenter was taking a short break. He was instead working on a new piece of wood, whittling the figure of a dolphin into it. Hugo looked over the water towards the port, relying on muscle memory to ensure that his knife didn't slip and cut him on the hand, and sighed mentally. He wasn't looking forward to getting his land legs back, but knew that not having to constantly adjust his balance would be better on his leg.

Said leg gave a twinge, and Hugo rubbed it, scowling. The muscle felt knotted and tense, and the man cursed under his breath. This would be a pain to take care of, seeing that they were so close to land. He could still walk, but his limp would be even more noticeable and annoying. Hugo sighed and leaned against the railing, ignoring his leg for now and instead focusing on the piece of wood he was carving.
Alkhatine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

skyris

Postby rae sanders » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:38 am

skyris

The young quartermaster watched the cabin boy try to joke along and gave a small smile towards his effort and shook her head slightly, but hoped to not offend him. She could hear the chuckle of Hugo, the trusted carpenter from where she was, and looked at him, just in time to see him rub his leg.
    For some time, she had taken notice of his limp, and had attempted to get him to go rest or go see Algernon, but it seemed like he had just decided to hold out until he felt to make his own decisions.
    Her attention got pulled back and her eyes readjusted onto the cabin boy who had asked how long they were to dock, and she looked back to the shore getting closer and the water becoming more shallow and she looked up at the Pilot and tilted her head, the ship soon following the movement as the wheel was turned and ship moved to port leveled waters, so they would not get stuck in shallow waters.
    All while this was occurring, she answered William. "it should be about thirty minutes until we dock."
    She went to dismiss him to go get food like she asked of him, until he had opened his mouth and admitted to not knowing where the food was. She took a small sigh and looked at Kadlin, before loookingg back at him and answering "Oh William, how long have you been on board, and still not know where the food is? You certainly are a scaleywag sometimes, aren't you lad?"
    She paused and realized that she hadn't of answered him. "You're going to end up feeding the fish if you don't learn how and where everything is. Come on, I'll show you everything before docking, try to remember it this time? Ya?" She said jokingly as she walked away, turning to wait.
    "Kadlin, I know it isn't your duty, but will you see to making sure Hugo knows he needs to get that leg checked out soon?" and with that she turned once more and walked off, not slowing for William, he would just have to catch up.

"yo, ho, ho, a pirates life isn't for me"
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦✧ kadlin of dragons -- master gunner {3}

Postby The Alpha » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:20 pm

✦✧ KADLIN"OF DRAGONS"ADDAMS ✦✧
-----ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ɢᴜɴɴᴇʀ-----

┏--------------- ⊰ ✦✧ ⊱ ---------------┒
"The seas be ours and by the powers...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gender ⊱ Female
Age ⊱ 20 Years
Sexual Orient ⊱ Hetero
Location ⊱ The Bow >> Main Deck
Mentioned ⊱ ~~
Tags ⊱ Skyris, William >> Hugo
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
...where we will, we'll roam."
┗--------------- ⊰ ✧✦ ⊱ ---------------┙
The blonde could only sigh at the cluelessness the boy before her held. It clear that he was not a man cut out for the sea and yet here he was, probably because it been his only means of escape from whatever background he'd come from. Still, it was quite clear the boy wished nothing more than to get along either his fellow crew mates and be useful upon the ship. And that gave him more respect from the Master Gunner than most of the crew that would probably sing at the chance to stop their work and recover from sea-illness. Still, he had much to learn about the ship, much that he should have already memorized especially since he'd been sailing for two years. It couldn't be helped though if the boy was as clueless as the fish that takes the fisherman's bait. Kadlin grinned at Skyris's playful words, nodding as she added, "Perhaps your sea-sickness has begun to affect your mind, dear boy." Her expression suddenly softened a bit and she turned her head just a tad to the side as she spoke again, her British accent sounding calmer and warmer than before as she forced the ice away to speak, "I do believe a bit of rest may do you some good as well, William. Take it easy before going ashore. Best to let the body heal than pushing it to continue working."

She gave him a friendly grin before nodding to Skyris to tell her she'd heard her words and turned to go and do just that. With a hand resting on the hilt of her sword and the other replacing her compass in her overcoat, Kadlin stepped down from the bow and onto the main deck, her gaze and expression icing over again as the warmth she'd offered William was chased away again. It wasn't often that she spoke with such warmth as she did not want her image of the stoic and icy woman to be flattered by the soft emotions she had hidden inside her womanly heart. Such emotions really had no place aboard a ship such as this and so she did her best to push them away. It was not hard to find Hugo where he was leaning against the railing, looking out over the sea. Kadlin's icy gaze flitted over him as a precaution she often took when conversing with other crew members before moving a bit closer. She noticed the piece of wood in his hand that he was working on without even looking at it, his weathered and skilled hands working away at the image. "How long has it been that you have harbored such an aliment without seeking assistance from a surgeon?" Her normal icy tone as expressionless and yet somehow firm as ever, yet it did hold a twinge of curiosity in it. She truthfully did find it a bit curious, though she was almost certain that his answer - if he did answer her - would probably not be one that would satisfy.
The Alpha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alkhatine » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:52 pm

𝔥𝔲𝔤𝔬
Carpenter :: Location - Main Deck :: Tags - Kadlin

Hugo's gaze turned from the sea and towards the sound of confident footsteps approaching from the bow. It was Kadlin, the master gunner. She came with confident steps, hand on her sword in a way that, to Hugo, seemed vaguely threatening. He saw her eyes - almost the same shade as his - flick to the piece of wood in his hands, which he hadn't even noticed he was still whittling, curls of wood falling into the ocean with slight splashes. As she drew nearer, Hugo tucked away his knife and stood straighter. He grimaced internally at the strain that put on his leg, but didn't let it show on his face. He would have greeted her, but he preferred to say as few words as possible in general, to avoid confusion.

"How long has it been that you have harbored such an ailment without seeking assistance from a surgeon?" came Kadlin's inquiry. He would have said she sounded interested, but maybe that was just wishful thinking. Hugo heaved a sigh and shrugged, looking down at his leg. "You would say long enough," Hugo said, struggling to find the words, "But I say it is fine." He waved a hand dismissively in her direction after those words. Honestly, he's lived with it for years; he could deal with it for more to come, even if that meant limping for the rest of his life. He doubted surgeons could help with the pain at this point, anyway.
Alkhatine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby incarna » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:06 pm

algernon
corliss

surgeon
tagged: skyris, (william)

"Cabbage and limes?" The man lying on the before Algernon - named Peter Lind, so the surgeon believed - scrutinized him with a disbelieving smile, made all the more unpleasant by the red and utterly swollen state of the gummy flesh. Swallowing a sigh, Algernon focused his eyes on the man and gave him a sparkling, white-toothed grin. "Limes," Algernon said, drawing out the word, "are the solution to the pain you've been bemoaning since dawn. If you weren't too busy carousing and pouring wassail down your gullet, perhaps you'd have had the sense to tell me earlier." Then, somewhat relenting, "I'll see what I can do. For now, when I return, that platter better be wiped clean." A look from the typically quiet and unobtrusive man and Peter shut up, though he didn't forgo mouthing obscenities once Algernon's back was turned.

The upper deck was refreshingly cool. A brisk wind was billowing up the sails, blowing the Crown towards the approaching land, tinged with the scent of salt as always. Taking a deep breath, a small and pensive smile couldn't escape Algernon's face. How the times had changed - how he had changed. It was days like these that made it feel like life was truly as volatile as the ocean's waves. As the crew mingled about him, manning to sails and guiding it to harbor, he was reminded, however, of what he had intended to do. He turned from the rails, scanning the breadth of the ship, when a swath of honey blonde hair caught his eye. He walked to her, coming from the opposite direction, and greeted the quartermaster with a slight smile and dip of his head.

"Good morning, Skyris. Are you headed somewhere?" He intended to tell the quartermaster that they needed to stock up on some sauerkraut and lime juice - a small affliction of scurvy was passing through the crew, who had been at sea (and on salted meat) for much too long - if she wasn't taken up by a more serious matter. Algernon's tone was polite and amiable, as it usually was towards those he respected, though he had often been told to loosen up. Despite that, the surgeon did have his fare share of awful jokes and witticisms under his belt that he had made known over a swig or two. His speech was often considered flowery for a pirate (though their slang and terms have slipped into his vocabulary), although he tended to change it depending on the situation.
incarna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

c r o w n o f i m m o r t a l i t y

Postby rainy; » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:26 am

ean restige ; ll round ailor

Being a pirate meant many things to Dean. To the government, they were the just a nuisance, a blight to all who sailed the waterways, just needed to be rid of. To traders, they were threats who deserved to be executed for the things they did, the people they hurt and stole from. Being a pirate meant having the most freedom, and Dean knew this. He lived by no rules but the rules of the ship, and were able to go wherever as pleased. He knew very well that many did not like the business, nonetheless the people or their reasons. Everyone had a reason for being on that ship, for their family's sake, to run away from life arrangements, and even to enjoy the world at its fullest, and you could only do that by living on the sea, considering that there was more sea than land, and the world was only becoming more crowded.
    But to Dean, he wasn't living some so for filled prophecy. He was here cause he liked the water, and the freedom, and the thought of being stuck in one place for long terrified him. It wasn't as if he was running away from commitment, or responsibilities; this is what he wanted, and he didn't want to be oppressed by the society to get a typical job as a merchant, or some other low or middle class job.
    His life was set, and he could have done anything he wanted to do wishing reason, he had completed college, and his family may never see or speak to him again for his decision of piracy, but he was perfectly fine with that. He was an adult, and he was going to make his own decision.
    He was spaced out, sitting under the main sail, on the beams, he had known their were coming into port, and just began to loosen the sails. They were getting close and were going to have to bring the ship onto the launch ramp and pull down all sails all together. He looked at the Pilot who signaled to him to loosen more and stood on the beam and began working.
    It wouldn't be another fifteen minutes that the ship would be on land, and the crew would be paid and take off to get blasted. He was going to stay back with a few men to work on getting the marine life off of the bottom of the ship for smoother sailing.

"α yoυɴɢ мαɴ тнαт вeloɴɢѕ αт ѕeα..."
Hello there, my name is Rain.

rainy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

─── ( post three

Postby braunkatt » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:32 am

─── ( william michaels alderslade :: skyris and algernon :: cabin boy

nodding dubiously, william really took what kadlin said into thought. "thank you," his mahogany-brown orbs differentiated between the two women. self-doubt was no stranger in the young boys' mind, every little thing somebody said was magnified, trying to dissect what the person really meant. what kadlin said, was she saying it out of aggravation or personal concern? before he could even blink skyris had already taken off, an impatient turn struck a cord in william, "sorry, i don't work much with food...mainly doing whatever concerns the captain..." he murmured the last part. i get all the dirty work, william thought to himself. too finicky to actually say it, will's attention shot towards the surgeon of the ship. a true lad, he was. algernon's wit was hard to beat, his knowledge in the field of medicine reassured him, the fellow really knew what he was doing!

the cool breeze sent a shiver right down his spine, despite the cold sweat from earlier william was holding up okay; no longer feeling seasick. dehydrated and starving his mouth salivated even of the thought of food. the word 'food' seemed to be so scarce on this ship, it was almost like it was normal for everybody to get a meal. in his four years of sailing (only two on the crown of immortality), eating seemed to be a problem. you'd think after being a prisoner he'd be eating decently; but afraid so, he wasn't.

"how doing algernon?" a friendly smile cast on the young man's lips. the two were on a name basis, after william's heat exhaustion sessions, the two got to know each other pretty well. inhaling deeply he peered out into the ocean. minute by minute, the ship crept closer to the shoreline. anticipation made william giddy, for once -- he'd be able to truly relax. the feeling of relief that he couldn't name or control brought him back to england.

despite the harsh temperatures and brisk winds, every piece of land william came across he'd associate with england. his father worked closely with an assortment of cash crops. tobacco and potatoes is the reason why william was able to make it to america: his father wasn't a saint nor a sinner. james stole just enough money to send his son on a ship to massachusetts. westwards was new york, where the university his father had planned on him going to study law. unfortunately, the young man was in the wrong place in the wrong time; civilians gone rouge were protesting unpopular ideologies. they banded together with their makeshift forklifts and blades, william was robbed of his belongings and was taken hostage for months on end. eight months as a detainee he eventually fleed. not for long he became a fugitive in america, he was known for stealing oranges and apples during fly markets. william wasn't left with much of a choice: voluntarily he joined the crowns of immortaility in hopes of getting some 'treasures' in exchange for money.

word count / 497
braunkatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rae sanders » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:07 am

skyris

She slowed her pace once he had caught up and walked at a normal speed. She could hear his mutters and grinned, it's interesting how many people have negative opinions on Victoria. She turned her head slightly and made a comment on what he muttered. "She sure does know how to give orders for someone who doesn't do any herself." It was probably the most straight forward sentence against the captain she had ever said, and considering she said it to the cabin boy, she doesn't know how he will react.
    She heard the voice of Algernon and smiled, but secretly hoping he had not heard what she had said, just for reasons of not wanting the crew know how she truly felt about the captain. "Good morning to you too." She paused, stopping in front of the man. "Actually I am heading below deck to the galley (pirates kitchen) to show dear Willy Boy where the food is, since he seems famished. After that I'm checking up on what is needed to be restocked and plenty of it. I assume that you are low on your own, when we dock, I'll make sure to give you double the loot for restock."
    She gave him a smile, patted him on the shoulder and walked away. Considering the belief that all pirates are greedy, and underpay the crew, she made sure the crew got paid decently, and if they needed more, she would give. She lived by the give and you shall receive policy, that the amount of effort gone into your work is truly how much you get out, plus a little extra. Sure, many of the pirates on board would go and waste almost all of it on rum in the first day on shore, but it gave them a little happiness and what they wanted before they traded in their time for the ship.
    She started to head below deck once more, and stopped to wait for the cabin boy to catch up and then proceeded to go down.

"yo, ho, ho, a pirates life isn't for me"
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me