[ ⎯⎯ ( boondocks ) ⎯⎯ ]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

[ ⎯⎯ ( boondocks ) ⎯⎯ ]

Postby lush » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:20 am

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ (𝒊 𝒅𝒐𝒏❜𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒚) ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
pogues and kooks - it's been a thing since middle school. the cliques
separating the rich from the poor for years. it's been a rivalry - a lo
wkey one, but one big enough it was weird to be seen with the ene
my. they'd still party together - every weekend on the beach, but n
ot enough for them to be considered more than a friendly rivalry. h
owever, at the beginning of their college year, an old myth (or what
ever) has been resurfaced - gold being somewhere on the boondocks
, hidden from the world but available to those who seek it. the pogu
es heard about it first - and naturally, they want to find it first. but
it isn't long before the kooks hear about it. who will get to it first?
( heavily based off of obx lol )
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ( 𝒊 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖) ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
lush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lush » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:27 am

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ (𝒊 𝒅𝒐𝒏❜𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒚) ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
001. please be aware of all the site rules - as they still apply here
002. two characters per person only plsss, one kook one pogue
003. this is semilit, so at least 350 per post <3
004. age range is 19 - 23, fairly young but still in college <3
005. make all reservations through dms on discord or pm tysm<3
006. discord is mandatory, as most conversation and updates will
be made on the discord server.
007. all character forms on the discussion thread, please <3
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ( 𝒊 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖) ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
lush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lush » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:31 am

may add more later <3
        zenith ahn // he/him // md
        kitae nam // he/him // hera
        hyung-seung "lorelai" gyo // he/him // kim
        nam-wook "jay" jang // pronouns // kim
        teagan choi // he/him // bora
        hyung-jun "willow" gyo // he/him // art
        name // pronouns // user
        xxxxxxxxxxx

may add more later <3
        ivy lee // he/him // md
        qing ai "kayce" meng // pronouns // kim
        woojin "wesley" park // pronouns // art
        name // pronouns // revile
        jina tang // she/her // hera
        kennedy kahng // he/him // md
        name // pronouns // user
lush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ⎯⎯ ( zen 001 ) ⎯⎯ ]

Postby lush » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:56 am

xxxxxx
( 𝐙𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐇𝐍 )
stupid gay kid || outside on the balcony ---> kitchen || mentions; willow, kitae, ivy, teag|| tags; kitae
parties being located at the beach house zen was living at wasn't uncommon - with the way the pogues liked to hangout, and with the way they were all just basically animals, it was just the easiest option to invite everyone over to the beach house instead of struggling to find a proper place to party at, or to try and set up the beach and actually get people to come. zen's beach house was basically the perfect spot for the pogues for parties. not needing to hit up a kook to borrow their beach house or invite themselves over with offerings, not needing to splurge and waste money for a party that was just going to either end up failing and being just them or being over the top wild, not needing to buy food or drinks or snacks of any kind because they were already accessible to zen - it was just the easiest route.

and zen liked to throw parties. a lot. he'd often invite the pogues over for the most random things - like maybe ivy had gotten a perfect sat score, see that's something to party for! or maybe just kitae brought home a new puppy because they all got bored and he found a cute puppy for basically free - whatever the reason was, zen made parties for everything. but this night was finally different - it was finally a good reason to actually party, a good reason to actually invite everyone over and celebrate something major. the group had found so many hints and so many places - they had been going on adventures for so long for no reason, and finally, the random drives through the swamp, the random boat rides throughout the outer banks, just everything stupid that seemed to have no real reason and no real outcome - they found specific instructions. from someone who was probably searching for the gold before. however, you snooze you lose, zen took that and basically framed it in the extra bedroom - the room he had temporarily turned into a research room to try and find the gold that might not even be real.

they still hadn't found it, but it was better than nothing. he was getting closer - the pogues, they were getting closer. and soon enough, they'd all be significantly richer, and be able to do things they all had been dreaming about but were never able to reach. it felt like after figuring out the gold even existed, their lives had already changed - everything had been getting better, already. at least, for zen it was. he was coming to terms with his sexuality for once in his life, and he wasn't mad about it. he wasn't salty or abrasive and defensive, he was okay with it. it helped quite a bit he had the best boyfriend he could ever imagine - kitae, with him for the whole ride. it was a...definitely unique way for zen to come out of the closet, with everything that happened with willow and all, but now that everything was coming together, he just felt like recently, everything that had been going on was worth it and was going to be worth it. once they got their paws on that gold - he knew some of the pogues might not stay around. some might travel, some might leave for good - others might just buy a big house here and stay to hangout with each other. whatever it was, zen knew as long as he had kitae by his side the entire time, he didn't even need any of the gold himself.

which was true - he definitely didn't need it. he was rich enough he was living in his parents spare beach house with kitae, and he had food on hand all the time. he often didn't even pay his own bills, zen was just living the life his parents worked hard for and lived in the luxuries. while he knew he was spoiled, he never failed to continue to spoil his friends to the same extent. he often offered them extremely expensive things that he saw them eyeballing - just because he knew he could splurge every once and a while. of course, he was a lot smarter than some with his money (ex. ivy), but he was a lot more cautious from the start with it, anyways. he always had been warned not to use too much - because who knew how his parents were going to be at the time? maybe his card was going to be declined on the next purchase, maybe zen was going to have to leave the beach house entirely if he wasn't smart- whatever it was, he was definitely a lot more cautious than the blonde haired kook that had recently found himself involved with pogues alot.

ivy moved in with teagan. i am not mentioning that in this post.

the party eventually grew bigger than just the pogues smoking on his couch and watching a tv show. someone showed up with a keg, so they moved it outside for a bit. and then people saw. whether it was kooks, random people just walking by, or whatever - and zen eventually found himself standing outside on the balcony watching everyone party from inside and outside. the lights were flashing from the leds turned on inside, and people were yelling and partying outside. there was somehow three kegs now, don't know where half of them came from, and zen was worrying about the house getting smashed to pieces. he knew it probably wouldn't, he trusted the other pogues to make sure if zen wasn't around and people were doing something stupid to put an end to it - and if things got too far, to eventually start kicking people out. it wasn't the first rager zen had thrown, either - it was just this wasn't one that was planned. and it was making zen anxious and overwhelmed. he ended up moving all the important things from the spare bedroom into his own, in case people ended up going in there for whatever stupid reason. to smoke, to drink, to snoop, a secret fourth option.

but all zen knew was he had a headache. he didn't know how the music ended up turning into house music and how it ended up getting so loud, and how there were so many different colors and lights streaming out of his window and onto the sand on the beach, but somehow the chill party with everyone passing around what they were smoking to a huge rager with multiple kegs, multiple funny business tools, etc. zen just knew he was stressing out. if the wrong people ended up showing up, or seeing this, he knew a noise complaint was the least of his worries. he was just anxious - and he knew he had so many things on him and in that house that could get him busted - and could lose him the gold.

maybe this party was a bad idea.

opening the door slowly to enter the house again, his eyes searched the house of moving bodies desperately. there were so many people in his front room alone he didn't know how he was supposed to find anyone - or how long this party was going to end up going on for. with his luck, they'd still be around in the late morning. at least three am. it wouldn't be the first time he caused a party like this to happen off of a simple kickback, but it definitely wouldn't be the last, either. he knew his own habits, and he knew he definitely wouldn't learn from this. he was too dumb. pushing through people gently, occasionally even getting knocked into someone else and having to apologize for randomly slamming into someone's chest head first - he almost ended up getting knocked over the couch before he finally saw a familiar and friendly face leaning against the island in the kitchen. his lovely kitae. however - it did take him a minute to finally walk over to him, because from where he was standing, the angle kitae was leaning at, and how stupid zen was - his eyes immediately gravitated towards his ass in those blue jeans. and my god did his ass look good.

running his hand up his spine as he walked over towards him, zen smiled up at the male happily as he took as a sip from his drink. "hi," he said softly, leaning his head against his arm as he looked down at his phone, swiping away notifications of people asking if they could pull up or if zen had something at the party, wondering if they should bring it. he was not inviting more people over. he knew he couldn't stop them from arriving and stop them from getting here - but there was too much at first right now. "i hope you're not annoyed. the party got wayy out of hand, i wasn't expecting it to be like this. especially not that fast," he muttered, frowning slightly up at him as he bit his bottom lip. "your ass looks really good, by the way. like, really good."

wc; 1519
lush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ⎯⎯ ( j 01. real good loving ) ⎯⎯ ]

Postby mtuan, » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:37 pm

.. 𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐀𝐌-𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐊. 𝙎𝙃𝙀 𝙅𝙐𝙎𝙏 𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏 𝙏𝙊 𝙃𝙀𝘼𝙑𝙀𝙉 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝘽𝘼𝘾𝙆 !!
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      ┌───────

(tags) willow &
      teagan (mentioned)
      (misc.) 1,527
      words
      mtuan, kim mtuan

└───────
𝐀
𝐊
𝐀

𝐉

$500 transferred, savings (xxxx) to checking (xxxx).
      Available balance (checking xxxx): $700.50
      Available balance (savings xxxx): $681.16

Incoming calls: 1
      Outgoing calls: 6
      Missed calls: 2

The sound of waves crashing against the shoreline lulls like white noise in the background, drowning out the chaos emanating from the beach house tonight. The moon's out and the stars twinkled from above. Strangely, it feels as if there are less stars out tonight than usual; maybe the light pollution was just particularly bad tonight. Or maybe it was the clouds hazing up the sky- either way, the thoughts aren't particularly on the little things tonight.

Not too far away from shore, there's a house lit up like it's the fourth of July. The boom of music loud enough to vibrate through the hearts of those too busy partying to care. It's loud.

Too loud for a boy with dyed bright ginger hair, although one could have described him to be as loud as the party on other days. Yet, the boy lays in the sand tonight, completely disregarding the way sand finds its way into every crevice of his being- onto the loosely buttoned hawaiian shirt-- a bright, colorful, blue one with various obnoxious flowers printed all over, onto his off-white beach shorts; grains of the beach even dot his hair, the bright orange now spotted with sandy details. The young man doesn't bother to brush himself off. He doesn't bother to move his foot when the salty water of the ocean kisses at his feet, the tides crawling higher and higher as the moon continued to call towards the waves. Like two lovers eternally reaching for one another without ever making contact.

(This sad melancholy wasn't like the young man. He couldn't help it tonight.)

The party inside would've sounded more fun to Jang Nam-Wook on any other day, than the soft beach he laid against. Yet, his mood dampened constantly to the thoughts of his current predicament.

Moving.

Moving out. To be specific.

On a short notice no less, when his roommates boyfriend suddenly wanted to move into their apartment, when J was adamant in keeping his space to himself.

Third-wheeling in his own home? There was no way in hell.

Yet, bonded to his roommate, Teagan, J didn't find himself with the heart to protest.

The best solution to a tangled situation? To simply pack his belongings and leave the apartment he'd come to call his home. A warm place. Tea and his boyfriend would enjoy it, J was sure. At least- J enjoyed it while the memories lasted. They were silly and fun-loving- the pair of boys. He thinks the memories were worth it, despite the trouble. The movies, the laughter, the plants they owned- and the stupid little whiteboard; if not for the piles of ramen that littered their little home. Both boys too incapable of taking care of themselves to care about nutrition-- why buy a head of broccoli for more than a whole packet of instant ramen? J would never understand.

I probably wouldn't have had enough for rent next month without picking up some extra work, anyway. The thought brings a mix of relief and heartache (or headache) to the Jang boy. Tea would probably do better with a roommate who wasn't scraping the bottom of the barrel for a couple of cents-- not to mention, annoyingly so, that he'd be with his boyfriend all the time.

Must be nice. To be established like that... Or maybe I'm just wasting time thinking about it.

... Well, I'm already wasting my time at this party.

J's phone screen illuminates to the last phone call he's got when the boy brings his hand up, sand falling from his sleeve and sprinkling off his phone. The time is late- in the pms. But the boy pays that no mind. In fact, all he could think about was his belongings sitting in storage again (-thank god, he never cancelled his storage unit subscription), his future a little blurry and unclear. It wasn't anything new.

What was new was the name on his screen. Willow Gyo. Or- perhaps that wasn't the exact name in his contact, but close enough.

A cute boy with his life sorted in working order. A cute boy with plans already made, his heart already set-- and a twin who could be a bit of trouble, but had his back through and through. Must be nice.

The Gyo twins had sorted the short term problem of a roof over J's head for the moment- just a short little interim before he finds his own place. Jang should've considered himself lucky for that. For not having to spend a night on the bench or something equally dumb. Yet--

How embarrassing.

Barely even had the chance to prove himself, before J was already forced to rely on the Gyos for quite literally the most basic of his needs.

How the hell was he supposed to prove anything at this rate? Especially with the brother?

Their last conversation already ended with highlighting J's lack of... resources, was this just fate's way of further exacerbating his dilemma? Said twin already had a choice word or two for J, he was quite sure of that much.

Something heavy settles in the young man's chest; he forces himself to sit up and brush some of the sand off his clothes before standing up fully. Hurt stabs like little needles to the heart in his chest, something so soft and strong any other day, yet now clouded with shame and indignance.

I've been here before, I shouldn't have to rely on someone this time!

Trudging along, the boy finds a quiet spot a little further from the beach house, just slightly out of sight from the rest of the group. The waves seem to crash harder by the rocks here. The sea foam a pretty light... seafoam turquoise, despite the darkness of the night that still shrouded everything. Jang finds the color enchanting and stops to stare for a heartbeat or two longer.

It soothes the jagged pieces digging into his heart at the moment. Heavy with the feeling of failure. The boy could lie and tell himself he didn't care so much about the one and only Willow Gyo. But Jang could never hide from his heart like that. Nor could he ignore how he'd come to value that boy's opinions of him; maybe a little too much. Maybe it was the aforementioned fact that that Gyo boy knew exactly what he was looking for. While J himself stumbled through every obstacle tossed his direction. Or maybe his heart decided to tumble and flip thinking of the way in which that boy refused to settle for less even with those around him- from his twin to even keeping J himself off the dirty floor. (To which J protested that it wasn't the first time he'd have soiled clothes.)

Even now, that boy would've probably told him to dust the sand off his clothes, even scolded him (lightheartedly, of course) about how dirty his hair was. The thought lightens Jang's heart just the slightest- for an extra beat or two, as he puts his hands on the slippery, wet boulders and climbs onto some precarious ledge after.

He's far enough away from the beach house now.

To cup his hands around his mouth and inhales sharply, allowing the saltiness of the sea to sting his nostrils.

And then the boy decides to let his thoughts out, loud and booming. It feels like the weights are lifting off of J's shoulders--

"HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO PROVE MYSELF TO YOU IF I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE SOMETHING LIKE THIS! WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO PUT ME THROUGH MORE- HAVEN'T I BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH, FATE? WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE WHAT I WANT AND BE HAPPY!"

J lets his words get swept away by the ocean breeze, carried out further to sea by the push and pull of the tides that crashed just by his feet.

His chest feels lighter with each passing moment.

He needed this.

To let his strife be carried away from his body.

The waves seem to crash harder against the rocks in response. J doesn't need any more indications to continue. The rest of the guests at that party shouldn't come out this far anyway.

"SO WHAT IF I LIKE WILLOW GYO? IS THIS SOME SORT OF A SICK JOKE TO KICK ME OUT OF MY HOUSE JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I COULD--" a bit dramatic. J chose to leave Tea and his boyfriend alone. He wasn't exactly kicked. This was more of a self-inflicted issue than J originally intended for it to be. (Call it... a favor. For allowing Tea private time with his boyfriend without some third-wheeler involved.)

"JUST LET ME REST! I'M TIRED. FATE, WHAT IF I ALREADY FOUND MY OWN AGENDA, YOU DON'T NEED TO KEEP THROWING YOUR OWN AT ME ANYMORE!"

"WILLOW GYO. I JUST WANT A TASTE OF WHAT WILLOW GYO'S ALL ABOUT. IS THAT ENOUGH!... please... just let me breathe for the next six months, I'm tired..."

mtuan,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me