.:Curse of Devil's Bridge:. Roleplay Thread

Fantasy animal roleplays featuring animals with special abilities/powers, or fantasy creatures such as dragons, unicorns, etc. However this category does not include fandom-based roleplays such as Warrior Cats or Pokemon

.:Curse of Devil's Bridge:. Roleplay Thread

Postby Grim_Spirit_Wolf » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:20 am

Intro

You continue walking throughout the forest.
You haven't found any survivors yet, but your paws are bleeding from walking so long. You're exhausted.
You plop down on the ground, closing your eyes as soon as you hit the dirt. It's quiet.
Suddenly, you wake up to the sound of voices.
You open yours eyes, immediately noticing several wolves surrounding you.
Its a Search and Rescue party. They had caught your scent hours before you arrived.
You didn't trust them at first, but followed to their camp anyways.
They gain your trust over time, and Teach you about the ways of Devil's Bridge.

The Bridge, and territory around it, was cursed many years ago.
This Caused all wolves who crossed into the territory to become Trapped, in what seems to be an invisible barrier.
The Curse breaks once every few decades, For Two Weeks on end.
Legend has it that you may cross the border while carrying the bone(s) of another creature that has died outside of the border.
The border is fairly recognizable, past wolves have planted briar bushes around the border so nobody accidentally crosses back over.
Can you Escape the curse? Or will you fall victim to the consequences?

Welcome to Devils Bridge!

Most of my roleplays have flopped due to inactivity, so im gonna try again.
i worked really hard on this one, so i hope it turns out okay! <3

General Rules

I Know everybody hates reading through rules, so i'll keep this section pretty simple.

Follow Tess's Rules

No God-Modding/Powerplaying

Be nice to others

Ask consent before majorly hurting somebody elses character
(Killing them, Breaking Bones, That kind of thing)

All posts must be 3+ sentences, please try to give your partner(s) something to respond to.
Last edited by Grim_Spirit_Wolf on Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grim_Spirit_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: .:Curse of Devil's Bridge:. Roleplay Thread - Accepting

Postby shepherd's dog » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:35 am

CARROW
❝no heroes or villians; just what i want & how i'll get it❞
male; x seven years; x thornhill alpha; sheet
────────────────────────────────────────────────
mentions; anyone, feel free to jump in!

carrow uncurled from the tight ball he'd slept in on the edge of their current den site. sunlight was beginning to filter through the trees, and he yawned and stretched, feeling his muscles tremble as his body rose with the sun.
    he could hear the quiet breathing of his pack around him; somewhere, a pup was whining, up at an odd hour to bother their mother. as always, he found his eyes drawn to the cozy den where rena was. he could still remember how his pups had looked, fresh and precious after just being born.
    he looked down. 'no use thinking about it.' he told himself, avoiding the painful memory.
    "good morning." he addressed a few of his pack mates who had also risen early. "any news from the patrol that just returned?"

ROME
❝don't just exist; live❞
male; x pup; x thornhill pack; sheet
mentions; rena & his siblings

rome tossed amongst the warm pile him and his siblings had made, squirming out of the middle to press his little paws up against his mother.
    "mom!" he whined insistently.
    "the sun is up! can we go play outside yet?"
    he twisted a small ear back, doing another little bounce that brought his full weight down through his paws, against his mothers side with a thump.
    "please?!?"
Last edited by shepherd's dog on Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
shepherd's dog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grim_Spirit_Wolf » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:43 am

Bass
Female - Two Years Old - Straight - Thornhill Hunter - Tags; Hex; Open

Bass laid on her stomach on top of a dead, fallen oak tree.
She surveyed the land around her, then looked up at the stars.
It's calm.
She looked over towards her brother, who was beside her collecting herbs.
Bass hummed quietly to herself, and tucked her head between her paws.
nothing was really going on, so she decided to take a nap.
She's open to interaction.

Hex
Male - Two Years Old - Straight - ThornHill Hunter - Tags; Bass; Open

Hex sat several herbs into a homemade wooden basket.
He looked over towards his sister, which had fallen asleep. He huffed quietly to himself,
then continued hunting for herbs. He liked to do this at night, since nobody really bothered him
Hex made his way around the tree that Bass was laying on, Foraging for more Herbs, and Mushrooms.
He did this up until sunrise.
Hex is open for interaction as well.
Grim_Spirit_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunaClaw » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:46 am

Rena/Female/Denmother/Tags: Pups
Rena opened an eye for the fourth time to one of her pups, Rome, asking her if they could go outside. She smiled as Viviana woke a little later and got to her paws. She didn't want them to wake up their brother. "Fine" she says getting to her paws and licked the female pup. She looked over at the last pup still sleeping. "But, stay in my sight and just outside the den. Not too far." Rena says as she watches her last pup sleep.

Viviana/Female/Pup/Tags: Siblings, mom
Vivi woke and got up onto her paws. She jumped on her unsuspecting brother, Rome. "Ya, mom! Can we? Please?" Vivi asks getting off her brother. "Yay!" She says when her mom agreed. She ran out of the den and play bowed waiting for her brother.

Rune/Female/Loner/ Tags: open
Rune woke up with a yawn and padded out of her den. She blinked her eyes awake and padded over to the nearby lake for a drink. She laps up the water greedily. She continued drinking as a gust of wind blew past.

Juniper/Female/Warrior/ Tags: open
Juniper was still asleep, she wasn't a morning wolf. She liked sleeping in till someone chose to wake her. She twitched an ear in her sleep. She knew she would be woken up soon, so she would take as much sleep as she would get.
LunaClaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shepherd's dog » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:16 am

CARROW
mentions; juniper, bass

after listening closely to reports, and hearing nothing concerning, he went to go round up some members of the pack for a patrol. since his last beta had died, he had yet to decide on a new one, and without rena to talk to he was never quite sure of his decisions now.

"juniper." he said, tone businesslike as he prodded one of his warriors with a paw. "come on, up you go. morning patrol. a bit of running will wake you up." he added teasingly, knowing she didn't like mornings.
    twisting back an ear and looking around, he spots bass, a hunter.
    "take bass with you. see if you can bring back any food." his eyes wandered over to where rome and his sister had tumbled out of their den. a smile teased the edge of his mouth when he watched rome tumble into his sister and quickly recover.
    'he'll make a good warrior someday, once he gets those paws under control.' he wasn't sure about his daughter, who looked at rome as if the world was balanced on his shoulders. still, she was his blood, and he was sure she'd find her place amongst their pack.
    he knew that rena would be watching, even if he couldn't see her. he could hear their yapping from where he was, but her watchful eye kept him from going any closer.

looking back to bass;
    "where's your brother run off to? gathering herbs again? he didn't go out alone, did he?" carrow's mouth turns down into a worried frown. the loners had been getting braver lately. he didn't like the thought of any of his pack going out alone.

ROME
❝don't just exist; live❞
mentions; rena, siblings

as soon as his mother said it was okay, rome was off, running out of the den as fast as he could, tripping over his oversized paws and tumbling into the clearing outside their den- straight into vivi, much to the surprise of both of them.
    he hopped to his feet again, proudly standing with his tail held high;
    "i meant to do that! it's a new move i made up."
    he play bowed back, happy and carefree.
    "do you think mom will take us out to explore a little today? she hasn't in ages. if only someone was awake, we could go ask!" he pouted, referring to their third sibling.

ROWAN
❝keep a little fire burning; however small, however hidden❞
male; x four years; x loner; sheet
mentions; rune

rowan had yet to rise, sheltered under a bush. he had tramped down the undergrowth and woven in deadfall branches. the shelter was perfectly hidden, as long as you didn't look too closely. the wind shook the branches, sending a cascade of leaves down across his view.
    'i'll need to get up soon.' he thought, but it took him several long moments to sleepily get to his feet. he stuck his head out from his makeshift shelter, lifting his nose to the breeze to be sure he wasn't caught unawares by any early pack patrols.
    seeing all was well, at least for the moment, he started off at a slow amble towards the nearby lake. he kept his ears up and his nose alert, but he didn't expect to see another wolf. it was a lonely life, but... well, it was less risky to be on your own.

he stopped suddenly, just hidden by the trees, as he saw a she-wolf lapping from the lake.
    he was torn by indecision. should he approach, or stay hidden and watch?
    before he could decide, another strong gust of wind changed direction, blowing his scent directly towards her.
    'it's too late now, you fool..' he cursed himself for the indecision. awake less than an hour, and already the possibility of fighting for his skin had presented itself.
    'i hope she's not part of a pack..' he couldn't pick up her scent, with the wind blowing the wrong way, and had no way to tell if she was alone or not.
shepherd's dog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunaClaw » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:32 am

Rena/Female/Denmother/Tags: Pups
She curls her tail around the pup sleeping next to her. She smiles and watches her other two pups run and play about. She lets out a little giggle, the pups can be quite clumsy when young. She knew they would grow up to be amazing, but she would miss their puppyish antics. At least they were still young at the moment.

Viviana/Female/Pup/Tags: mother, siblings
Vivi lets out a yelp as her brother crashes into her. She rolls her eyes "Ya right" She says sarcasticly. "I hope so! We haven't gone in a looooooooong time." Vi replies. "If only brother would wake up. He sleeps like a rock" She says

Rune/Female/Loner/Tags: Rowan
When Rune finished drinking, She lifted her head and sniffed the air. She found a strange wolf's scent. She growls in the direction of where the scent came from. She knew he was a loner like her, but she didn't know if she could take him on. "Show yourself!" She growls.

Juniper/Female/Warrior/ Tags: Carrow, Bass
She twitches an ear and opens an eye to her Alpha. "Hmph" She says getting onto her paws. "Yes, Alpha" She says dipping her head and pads over to Bass. She listens to her Alpha speak to her patrolling partner.
LunaClaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grim_Spirit_Wolf » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:12 am

Bass
Female - Two Years Old - Straight - Thornhill Hunter - Tags; Hex; Juniper; Carrow

Bass jolted awake to the sound of sticks breaking.
she looked around, noticing Juniper and Carrow through the clearing.
Bass greeted her packmates.
She responded to Carrow.
"Well, he was somewhere around here before i fell asleep,"
She quickly looked around for her brother.
"I'm sure he's around here somewhere."
Bass stood up, stretching.

Hex
Male - Two Years Old - Straight - ThornHill Hunter - Tags; Bass; Carrow; Juniper

Hex's ears swiveled around.
He could hear Bass talking to someone, presumedly his Alpha.
He heard his name mentioned once or twice.
"I'm Coming!"
Hex yelled into their direction. He took off towards them, tripping over his feet as soon as they met up.
He dropped his basket of herbs, and greeted his alpha.

Omii
Male - Pup - Wants to be a medic - Tags; Viviana; Rome; Rena

Omii's eyes fluttered open. He sat near his mom for a second, then got up and stretched.
He turned towards his mother.
"Good morning Mama." he then tilted his head.
"Everybody else is already awake?"
he questioned.
Grim_Spirit_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunaClaw » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:21 am

Rena/Female/Denmother/Tags: pups
Rena notices her last pup wake and licked his ear. "Yes, your siblings are outside playing. Why don't you join them?" Rena asks and pads out. She looks back and makes sure that Omii is following. She sits outside the den watching her pups play. Rena notices Carrow looking over at the pups and shoots him a look. She then looks back to her pups.

Viviana/Female/ Pup/ Tags: Mother, siblings
"Omii! Nice to see you finally woke up!" Vivi says to her brother. "You want to join us?" She asks motioning to the tackle fight she and Rome were in. She then tackled Rome again, rolling around on the ground.

Rune/Female/Loner/Tags: Rowan
When Rune finished drinking, She lifted her head and sniffed the air. She found a strange wolf's scent. She growls in the direction of where the scent came from. She knew he was a loner like her, but she didn't know if she could take him on. "Show yourself!" She growls.

Juniper/Female/Warrior/ Tags:Bass, Carrow
She looks over and notices Bass running over. She greets him with a slight nod. "Alpha? May we go on our patrol now?" She asks respectfully.
LunaClaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grim_Spirit_Wolf » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:54 am

Omii
Male - Pup - Wants to be a medic - Tags; Viviana; Rome; Rena

Omii nodded to his mother then followed behind.
"Sure, I'll Play."
He responded to his siblings, then play-bowing.
He pounced at Viviana.
Grim_Spirit_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shepherd's dog » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:50 pm

CARROW
            mentions; juniper, bass, hex, rena, rome, vivi & omii

carrow gives the two an approving nod, pleased to see his pack was doing well. he heard hex before he saw him, the gray wolf's ears perking towards the sound of the hunter crashing into the clearing.
    "good morning, hex." he gave the other wolf a curt nod of greeting.
    " i'm surprised I didn't hear you with all that crashing around." the alpha said mildly, unable to keep the faint hint of amusement out of his voice. hex had always been a clumsy one.
    "yes," he answered juniper, collecting his thoughts;
    "be sure to refresh the markers on the southern border. we haven't been as diligent there. lead them along the side of the lake as well. hex seems to be in an herb collecting mood today. there should be some variety there."
    after putting juniper in charge of leading the patrol, he turned to look as rena emerged from the den. his pelt prickled uncomfortably when she shot him a glare, and he glanced down, almost feeling admonished.
    he was usually stricter, and if it had been any other member of his pack to act like this they would have been swiftly and harshly corrected. with rena, however, he simply flattened his ears back a little and wrinkled his muzzle in the beginnings of a snarl.
    ever since their fallout, he'd been hesitant to push her too far, not wanting to push her any further away than he already had. even besides his own confused emotions, it wasn't good for there to be obvious animosity between himself and a denmother. he looked at the pups again instead, noting the inquisitive stare of omii, his other son. carrow wasn't quite sure how to feel about him; he was used to the rowdyness of active pups, and he wasn't as sure of how to act around omii. maybe he reminded carrow too much of his mother.
    his paws took him towards the pups unbidden, though he was careful to stop further away than he would have liked to avoid rena's wrath.
    she could try to keep him away from his pups, but she doted on their pups too much to keep them away from him.

ROME
                ❝don't just exist; live❞
                mentions; rena, omii, vivi, carrow

rome barely had time to greet omii with a few friendly licks before he was bowled over by vivi.
    "hey, no fair!" he protested as he rolled onto his side, squirming until he could kick vivi off.
    shaking dust out of his fur, he blinked a few times and found himself looking at the imposing figure of his father.
    "dad!" he exclaimed, rushing over and managing, this time, not to trip, all games forgotten. carrow laughed and leaned down to receive rome's frantic licks of affection. rome didn't get to see his father up close very often; he was always busy doing alpha things, and for some reason rena seemed to always find a way to move rome and his siblings to a play area just out of sight when he was home.
    "you've got to keep an eye on your flanks, son." carrow chided softly, though there was no unkindness in his voice.
    "will you take us out on a patrol? I bet we could kick some sabreclaw butt!" rome turned and pounced at vivi, sending the both of them flying right into omii.
    he heard his father laughing, watching them play, but knew that his mother would have the final say on it.
    panting as he escaped his sister; "or even some scary prowlers!!" 

ROWAN
                ❝keep a little fire burning; however small, however hidden❞
                male; x four years; x loner; sheet
                mentions; rune

rowan, still kicking himself for not ducking away when he had the chance, stepped slowly out from the treeline.
    "i'm just a loner," he began tactfully, "here for a drink just like you."
    his slow, deliberate steps took him to his closest shore of the lake, which was about ten feet from the the stranger.
Last edited by shepherd's dog on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
shepherd's dog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me