❝ blood moon wars ❞ - WIP DNP

Fantasy animal roleplays featuring animals with special abilities/powers, or fantasy creatures such as dragons, unicorns, etc. However this category does not include fandom-based roleplays such as Warrior Cats or Pokemon

❝ blood moon wars ❞ - WIP DNP

Postby snowdrake » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:39 am

❝  it was a quiet and dark night. only the smallest rays of red moonlight painted the wide plains an eerie, rose-tinted copper. in the distance you could see a forest and mountains. the air smelled like the ocean, but it was hot like a desert breeze would be.

the atmosphere was heavy, so heavy that it was almost hard to breathe and just as it was about to be unbearable, hundreds of dark, looming creatures started to stalk down the plains from the horizon. the tension in the air got tighter and tighter the more the creatures came closer to each other. they started moving faster, trotting, running, then sprinting and then, in a matter of a second, they were on top of each other - howling, biting, ripping, scratching and ultimately eliminating their enemies. their eyes were filled with rage and white fangs flashed in the moonlight as they took each other down one by one.

the last ones standing were four otherworldly looking wolves, standing proud despite their injuries, as royalty should. their last and final battle was about to begin - the battle that would ultimately seal their packs' fates.

the first one charged forward, then the second, the third and the fourth one. their battle was short lived as their injuries were just too much to keep on battling and one after the other they collapsed in the grass. the war was over. no one won, everyone lost. the night was once again quiet, the tension in the air was gone. in the copper light of the blood moon, it almost looked as if nothing ever happened. the only hint of the war was the iron smell that loomed in the air, but it was quickly carried away by the ocean breeze. there were no packs anymore. there wouldn't be anymore wars. the only thing that would be left, was silence and the chance, to start over once more.

now that the war is over the four packs need to rebuild their territories and gain more pack members. dire times require dire decisions; will you stay with your pack or abandon it? the choice is in your hands.
Last edited by snowdrake on Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ rules & general pack code ❞

Postby snowdrake » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:39 am

1. use common sense - no mary sues, power play, completely unrealistic scenarios etc.
    2. you must follow the rules of character creation in this role play!
    3. you may only kill or gravely injure another person's character with their permission.
    4. drama is a-okay!
    5. please make sure that everyone is on the same page as you when starting a new topic to talk about.
    6. please always post at least 5 sentences.
    7. no caps! please use bold, italic or underlined text for emphasizing instead.

1. this code consists of the rules all packs generally tend to follow. however, each pack has a different way of following them and their pack code might differ slightly depending on the alpha.
    2. wolves that fail or refuse to follow this code are generally either degraded to omegas or banned from the pack, depending on which choice the alpha makes.
    3. respect your alpha, the elders and all pups!
    4. the alpha always gets to eat first, then the pups and elders, then the betas. only when they are finished may the rest of the pack eat.
    5. you may not refuse orders given to you by higher ranked wolves! if you do refuse, don't be surprised if you have to fight them.
    6. you may fight a pack member for a higher rank, but you may never kill a fellow pack member!
    7. only attack wolves of another pack if you have the order to do so - unless they are trespassing your pack's territory!

alpha - the highest possible rank. alpha wolves are the leaders of the pack. they make the most important decisions and have higher privileges than the rest of the pack. alphas receive the gift of the blood moon upon their first night of being in duty of their pack. this gift grants them special powers. thus, attacking an alpha and trying to fight for their position is close to impossible for a lower ranked wolf.

beta - the second highest rank in a pack. beta wolves have a lot of influence on the pack and are usually the alpha's right hand. they give the alpha's orders to the lower ranked wolves and make sure the pack stays well and organized. there can only ever be a maximum of 4 beta wolves per pack and if the alpha dies, one of these betas will be chosen by the healer to be the new alpha.

delta - delta ranked wolves are the workers of the pack. they hunt, patrol, clean the elders and pups and are the first in line when the other packs are attacking. the goal of a delta wolf should be to serve the pack, but sometimes they can aspire to become a beta instead. for this, they have to wait till one of the betas dies or they have to fight for the position. deltas may only breed with the alpha's permission.

omega - omega wolves are usually slaves of the pack. either way, they are the lowest possible rank and aren't treated well. they only get to eat the leftovers of the pack and have to be careful how they interact with the other wolves. any attempt of an omega trying to fight for a higher rank or to breed will get them attacked by the rest of the pack and completely kicked out, usually badly injured.

healer - the healer of the pack is respected by all wolves, including the wolves of the other packs. they have the ability to foresee the next blood moon and to receive advice from the stars. for this reason, they are the ones who tend to the injured. it is also their job to elect a new alpha if the previous one has joined the great ancestors.

elders - the elders are wolves that are too old or permanently injured to keep serving the clan. they have fulfilled their duties and thus have a lot of stories to tell. for this they are looked upon and respected by their pack members. of you are looking for a story or for advice, they are the ones to go to!

pups - pups are the light of every pack, as they are the wolves that will later keep the pack alive. because they are small, helpless and weak they are protected by the whole pack. a pup that reaches 6 months of age may start their apprenticeship and train to become a strong pack member.
Last edited by snowdrake on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ packs & territories ❞

Postby snowdrake » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:40 am

there are a total of 4 packs in the world of blood moon wars. each pack has its own territory that it has to defend. aside from the packs, there are rogue wolves roaming the lands,whicj can form their own pack and try to claim their own territory.

the forest pack lives in a woodland area with a small pond in the center. the wolves of the forest pack are known for their exceptional skill in hunting and tracking down other wolves. they are a neutral pack. their territory is located in the north-east and consists of 5 sections.

the clearing - a small clearing in the deepest part of the forest, close to the pond. this is the forest pack's main area, filled with dens for the wolves to live in. there is a large flat rock sticking out of the ground vertically, which is the alpha's den. the healer's den is a large, hollow mammoth tree trunk that lays close to the alpha's den.

the pond - a small fishing pond in the middle of the woodlands. it is a fairly open area, so there aren't many bushes for mammals to hide in, but the pond is rich with eels and fish. there are a lot of healing herbs and flowers in this area.

the pine woods - a very dense pine forest. this area has a lot of prey items, but also dangerous animals like bears are roaming this area. this is only a place for experienced hunters, as the main prey items of this part of the forest pack's territory are boars which can be fairly dangerous as well.

the forest edge - a light forest filled with mostly maple and birch trees. this is the easiest area to hunt small mammals in, which makes it a popular place for the pup apprentices to train hunting. this area is farthest away from the clearing.
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me