The Source of Magic (Wolves with Magic) Accepting

Fantasy animal roleplays featuring animals with special abilities/powers, or fantasy creatures such as dragons, unicorns, etc. However this category does not include fandom-based roleplays such as Warrior Cats or Pokemon

The Source of Magic (Wolves with Magic) Accepting

Postby Dracowolf » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:09 am

According to ancient stories, all magic comes from one forest. This forest is near impossible to find, trying to reach it you will be lost in the mists that surround it for days. For this reason, everything about it has become myths. It is said that beyond the mists, among the trees, is a pack of wolves and that all dogs and wolves of myth come from this pack. The wolves protect the forest and thus the magic in it, and contain the creatures that would threaten those outside the forest. They fight dragons, ogres, trolls, anything that could harm to world outside and most importantly they fought the Chimeras.

The Chimeras were creatures that swore to stop at nothing to take the world for themselves. They fought in a war against the pack of wolves, but the wolves had their own tricks, living among the forest for so long they developed their own magic, they lived longer, were stronger, larger, and some even had mutations.

The Final Battle happened centuries ago where the pack defeated the Chimeras once and for all. Now the pack’s smallest patrols send threats running, even dragons will retreat to their den rather than challenge the wolves.

The pack lived in peace, with very few concerns.
Things never stay peaceful for long though.

The pack was led by Feral, he is the last survivor of The Final Battle. Strong, noble and a wolf of few words it has always been easy to trust his leadership. Feral had never taken a mate though, and this brought question of what would happen when he passed. The belief was that the betas would take charge, well liked and natural leaders in their own right, it seemed like the logical choice. It wasn’t until one patrol got arrogant against a dragon that there was a shift, when a few members fell, they left behind an orphaned pup who Feral took it and raised. Most figured Feral was just trying to make it easier on the pup, to make sure the pup knew she still belonged with them.

Several years later Feral joined a patrol and something wasn’t right, the creatures they defended the world against were getting more aggressive, teaming up it seemed. The patrol was attacked and while they survived, Feral was gravely injured by magic. The healers did all they could but Feral was never able to gain back his full strength and had lost sight in one eye. Feral announced to the pack that he could no longer lead them, but that the new leader would be the pup he adopted.

The pack was thrown into chaos at the words, outrage at the betas being ignored. The pack split in two.

The first pack, Feral’s own Guardian Pack, now is ruled be Talia though Feral is around to give advice. Talia is struggling to pick a beta after the old ones left along with her half of her friends and family.

The second pack, The Scorned, now ruled by the betas who felt betrayed by Feral’s choice and those who agreed that Talia was in no position to take over.

With the war coming between the two packs, there are more threats looming in the distance. Outsiders have started to find their way through the mist, they have no magic but now they’re in a place filled with it. This has never happened before.

Then there are rumors that the creatures that are becoming aggressive are doing so in response to something far worse: The Chimeras live.

TLDR:
Magical forest, two packs, new leader, dangerous magical creatures, wolves of the forest have magic, outsiders do not. Wolves live for a very long time naturally in the forest.
Last edited by Dracowolf on Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Source of Magic (Wolves with Magic)

Postby Dracowolf » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:11 am

Rules:

General:
1. Above all else, use logic. Skilled fighters won’t struggle against a novice fighter. Equal fighters will struggle and won’t dodge any attack. If you’re making your character dodge everything and land every hit, it will not end well.
2. Use logic, if your character knows something is dangerous and there is no reason for them to do it, there are consequences and that can include character death.
3. Grammar and spelling are important. No text talk, mistakes happen but try. I understand typos and autocorrects. Please also give everyone something to work with when you reply, we can’t reply to one word posts.
4. Please avoid writing in the first person, it’s disorienting to go from reading third person replies to a first person.
5. Give people something to work with in terms of your reply. As in no one word replies.
6. If you haven’t read the rules of the website, please do.
7. Take characters and OOC chat to the Discussion Thread
8. Please turn off your signatures in the thread.

Character Rules:
1. Balance is everything.
2. You can have as many characters as you want.
3. You can use your own form but all info on the one provided in the OOC section must be followed.
4. When it comes to forms I will never accept “Will RP out” for personality or history.
5. Your character has to fit the story. So, that means that wolves without power are very new to the forest, loners are not a thing they have dealt with before.
6. Please make sure you’ve checked through the magic limitations in the next section.
Last edited by Dracowolf on Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dracowolf » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:11 am

Magic Limitations.
Magic cannot be simply the control of an element, it must be limited, but you can find your own creative ways to limit it or use it. Ie: Fire powers could be creating flames on their back for defense.
They cannot mess with someone else’s power.
Magical fire and ice do not cause massive damage to the forest, the forest is used to the magic and can recover quickly when damage by magical means

Healing powers are not a cure all, they can’t do much against injuries caused by magic.

The following powers are not allowed in any form:
Telekinesis
Telepathy
Mind Reading
Seeing the Future
Time Alteration
Emotion Alteration
Anything involving control of blood or could act as an instant death

Feel free to be creative, you can make more than one power but the powers have to connect in some way and thus make sense, and cannot overpower your wolf.

Mutations:
Wings are allowed but can only be used to glide unless paired with a wind power, their bodies are too heavy to allow the wings to just allow flight.
Multiple tails are allowed
Multiple heads are allowed
Size mutations are allowed, already the wolves will naturally grow larger than the average wolf (These are about dire sized), size mutations can make them smaller or larger than their packmates.
Last edited by Dracowolf on Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dracowolf » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:12 am

Important spots in the forest.

The Source - An Underground lake in the center of the forest with streams that go off through tunnels. It is said to be the source of all magic. Drinking from the source is fine but no wolf is allowed to enter the water fully.

The Guardian Camp
The camp of the Guardian pack, now too large for their smaller size. Alpha den is in a large rock formation (Think a miniature pride rock)
The nursery is kept below the alpha den, to be protected by the entire pack.
The beta den is kept behind the formation, but close enough to reach the alpha.
The healer’s den is joined to the camp by a long tunnel but is in an underground cave. This area is lit up by magical plants that glow brightly in the dark.
There are other dens scattered around the camp, that the fighters and hunters use, originally they were full and needed more but now they feel very empty, allowing the rest of the pack to rest where they want.
Feral’s Den, it was rare the pack needed an elder’s den so it wasn’t a concern until Feral retired. It is on the far side of the camp, by his own choice. It almost doesn’t seem to be a part of the camp. It has a nice view outside though, which is why Feral likes it.

The Scorned Camp
Everything in the camp is new. The dens are still being built. The entire camp is kept inside a cave behind a waterfall.

[Coming soon]

Rank Breakdown:

Pup, fighter, healer, hunter, elder, mother are presumed self explanatory
Alpha: The leader of the pack, highly respected
Beta: The second in command
Lead Healer: This healer is known to train others but is also one of the most respected wolves, even by the alpha, often alphas and betas will ask for advice. They select which pups will be herb gatherers when they’re old enough.
Lead Fighter: The fighter in charge of selecting the trainees who will become fighters. They keep all fighters in top condition. The safety of the alpha is in their paws.
Lead Hunter: The hunter in charge of selecting the trainees who will become hunters. They keep all hunters in top condition.
Herb Gatherers The healer’s form of apprentice. Often wolves chosen for this rank will be stuck in it until a healer retires.
Trainees Those that are being trained by either hunters or fighters to join the rank.
Matriarch Will often advice the lead hunter, healer and fighter on which pups will do the best where. They are tasked with guarding and caring for pups along with the mothers. Highly respected and often the alpha will hold their word above others.
Omega Caretakers towards the rest of the pack, they clean up after everyone and often run messages around camp or food. They typically can't do much else, the jobs they get are pretty much to help them feel useful.
Last edited by Dracowolf on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dracowolf » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:16 am

The Wolves

The Guardians
Alpha Female: Talia
Alpha Male: [Not Open]
Beta Female: [Will be decided in RP, please note if your character wants this]
Beta Male: [Will be decided in RP, please note if your character wants this]

Lead Fighter: [Open - Please talk to Draco first]
Lead Hunter: [Open]
Lead Healer: [Open]

Healers: (2/2)
Bane
Okami
Herb Gatherers: [Open]

Fighters:
Leon
[Open]

Hunters: [Open]

Trainees:
Umbra - Training to be: Fighter
[Open]

Matriarch: [Open]

Mothers: [Open]

Pups: [No Orphaned pups at this time]

Elder: Feral

Omega: [Open]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Scorned
Alpha Female: [Open - Please talk to Draco first]
Alpha Male: [Open - Please talk to Draco first]
Beta Female: [Open]
Beta Male: [Open]

Lead Fighter: [Open]
Lead Hunter: [Open]
Lead Healer: [Open]

Healers: (0/2) [Open]

Fighters: [Open]

Hunters: [Open]

Trainees: [Open]

Matriarch: [Open]

Mothers: [Open]

Pups: [No Orphaned pups at this time]

Omega: [Open]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Loners
[Open]
Last edited by Dracowolf on Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Source of Magic (Wolves with Magic) [Accepting]

Postby Dracowolf » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:22 am

NPC LIST
Characters not necessarily controlled by anyone, background characters, family members who aren't directly active but alive, that sort of stuff

EVENTS OF NOTE
The pack split in two
Last edited by Dracowolf on Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Source of Magic (Wolves with Magic) Accepting

Postby Dracowolf » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:04 pm

[Second Held Spot]
Dracowolf