Rukami: The Fifth Age, Its Just The Beginning

Fantasy animal roleplays featuring animals with special abilities/powers, or fantasy creatures such as dragons, unicorns, etc. However this category does not include fandom-based roleplays such as Warrior Cats or Pokemon

Rukami: The Fifth Age, Its Just The Beginning

Postby .Ape. » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:22 pm

ℜ υ ƙ ä ℳ ⍳
Species concept and lineart ©BugaBee
R ᴏ ʟ ᴇ . P ʟ ᴀ ʏ

Basic Biology wrote:
Rukami come in natural colors, but coat accents of blue, greens, and purples is not uncommon. Many have longer tufts of fur on their heads like hair, and their ears tails can come in all shapes and sizes. Rukami are seen with many different kinds of features, such as back manes, tusks, horns, longer claws, glowing eyes, multiple tails, and more. Some features are more rare than others, such as the presence or absence of hair being common and iridescent eyes being very rare.
Older Rukami are often found in mating pairs. They take many years to settle on the right partner, and typically mate for life. Kits are born one at a time, raised until they can fend for themselves, and are promptly kicked out to make way for new young. Females can have three to four offspring in their lifetimes. Both females and male are known to hold territories, but typically females are more nomadic as they search for males with the largest and most bountiful properties. Males can choose to wander and not hold territories, and sometimes groups of Rukami can live together, whether wandering or holding a territory.
Rukami can live for over a century. They can be any sexuality, but only male and female pairs can have young. Many times same-gender parents search for abandoned cubs and raise them as their own.

.Ape.
    Rᴏʟᴇ Pʟᴀʏ MODs
    Names will go here.

.....Many years ago there was nothing. Little to no form of ingenuity or creativity was present in the Rukami of the First Age. The Rukami were a primal species, their intelligence was higher than any other creature but they were to "animal" to use this ability. Then came the gifted ones. Rukami born with great powers over the elements. They were the ones who paved the way to better the species as a whole. The gifted ones, worked together and helped the world. They felt this was their responsibility, what they owed to the world for giving them these abilities.
    .....But darkness always finds a vessel to bring destruction. A gifted one with the element of fire went dark and sought to be the only gifted one in existence so he could rule. He recruited warriors and began exterminating all gifted Rukami. Gifted ones were hunted to near extinction. Those that could, fled to safety but they never resurfaced. The evil gifted one didn't last long. His own followers turned on him, their primal pack instincts wanted a stronger alpha, he was too old in their eyes. Exterminating their last chance of advancement.
    .....That was the end of the First Age. Rukami continued with their primitive ways but used many new things taught to them by the gifted ones. The species didn't show any promise of continuous evolution, until one day four young Rukami used something that seemed locked away forever in most... their imagination. Thus the dawn of the Second Age was born.
    .....This led to many different ideas and creative new ways of life. By what had to be what they were destined to do, the young Rukami found each other and shared their thoughts. They decided to enlighten others in the land who would listen. Most shunned them and turned them away. But a few listened, and began to follow.
    .....They settled in a huge and bountiful land that they called Valhaven. It was rich and lavished with life. Two giant Rivers snaked their way around the opposite sides of a moutain and clashed together on the side illuminated by the sun as they fell into the massive valley below. In the light of the great mountain and the security of the valley the Rukami built their home and founded the High Council. The Four leaders who governed and lead the Rukami.
    .....Here they thrived for a hundred years! But the High Council became problematic. They knew their time was coming to an end and were having trouble deciding how to leave their new home in the hands of others. They decided the Rukami most fit for leadership would make up the new High Council. A member refused, they believed the Tribe should be lead by their family and left Valhaven. Many followed them and drifted off into the shadow of the mountain.
    .....The dreaded beginning of the Third Age began. War broke out, Rukami fought family. Father against son, brother against brother, mother fighting daughter. It was terrible, a darkness spread across Valhaven destroying the spirits of the Enlightened Tribe. Many lives were lost and many left the tribe. Both the Shadow and Enlightened Tribes were crippled. But the shadow had less able bodies and retreated further past the mountain. The third age had ended and the fourth began.
    .....The fourth age was filled with sorrow. A rebuilding process that took a toll on everyone lasted a whole generation. The remaining High Council had to lift the spirits of the Enlightened Tribe. While mining in the valley that connected to the mountain a great wonder was discovered.
    .....Numerous chambers were found with drawings on the walls and ancient trinkets left over. The pictures depicted the gifted ones. More than that. The return of the gifted ones. This discovery sparked a huge wave of hope in the Rukami all over the world. They migrated to the Enlightened Tribe to witness for themselves the discovery of the ancient home of the gifted ones that fled. The tribe grew massively and the rebuilding process went farther than that. They became much more advanced and began to thrive again.
    .....It has been six generations since the first High Council. The fifth age is just now beginning. New Rukami lead the Enlightened tribe. Times are peaceful and even more Rukami are showing creativity throughout the world. Evolving as a species and becoming more social. Our tribe was the pioneers, we are proud of ourselves and what we have come to accomplish. For the past four generations the Shadow Tribe that left our lands long ago have been silent. No battles have broken out and no Rukami have been attacked alone close to the borders. It seems they have disappeared. But rumors have been surfacing that they are simply planning for an attack and growing in size. We must be cautious but keep striving to better our lives as The enlightened.
    .....Not many worry though. The prophecy of the return of the gifted ones said in the time of peace and progression, darkness will resurface, and when it does, so will the gifted ones....

All of Tess's Rules Apply.
      No cursing.
      No spam.
      To talk in OOC use symbols, ( ) * * < >
      This RP is for Adopted Rukami only (No tryouts).
      Do not go more than 7 pages without me ((.Ape.)only temporary until I find suitable mods).
      No overpowered characters.
      No taking control of others.
      No bullying.
      Keep it PG-13 (Please remember to fade to black.)
      You must read the Main Adopt information and the Fan Club species information.

1. Samson
2. ---
3. ---

Generals(2):
1. Dracul
2. Lilith

Warriors(infinite):
1. Hushi

Shaman(2):
1.---
2. (Apprentice)---

Members of the tribe(infinite):

Kits(currently only four have been made):
1. Juno
2. Kunlee
3. ---
4. ---

Loners(infinite): Vexx
Aislynn
Kiana
Ṩhadow Tribe

Leader(1):
Titan

Warriors(infinite):
1. Lead Warrior-

Warriors-

Shaman(5):
---

Members:
---

Kits:
---

Loners:
---
Last edited by .Ape. on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
.Ape.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rukami: The Fifth Age, Its Just The Beginning

Postby .Ape. » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:33 pm

Code: Select all
[center][size=85][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Rukami Name:[/b]
[b]Rukami Gender:[/b]
[b]Rukami Rank:[/b]
[b]Rukami Tribe:[/b]
[b]Link to Rukami:[/b]
[b]Brief Personality:[/b]
[b]Crush or Mate:[/b] (Not required.)
[b]Family:[/b][/size][/center]

Username: .Ape.
Rukami Name: Samson
Rukami Gender: Male
Rukami Rank: High Council Member
Link to Rukami:
Crush or Mate: none
Family: None

Rukami Name: Dracul
Rukami Rank: General
Link to Rukami:
Crush or Mate: Mysti
Family: Mysti (mate), Juno (Firstborn son), Calypso (Daughter)

Rukami Name: Juno
Rukami Rank: Kit
Link to Rukami:
Family: Look at Dracul's

Rukami Name: Titan
Rukami Rank: Leader of the Shadow Tribe
Link to Rukami:
Family: None
Last edited by .Ape. on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
.Ape.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Ape. » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:33 pm

About the Two Tribes:

Enlightened: The enlightened are well mannered, highly respected, and much more advanced than most Rukami. Their main goal is continuous advancement for the well being of their species. They are kind but do not mistake this kindness for weakness. They are quick to fight for what they believe in. In fact their whole society is based on knowledge and war. They prefer knowledge.
The Shadow: These Rukami are advanced as well. But they keep to the more primitive advancements and lifestyles. They are a wicked tribe whos only purpose is to destroy the Enlightened over a dispute and separation of beliefs over 700 years ago. Their purpose now is much different from what it began as. Their leader is a descendant of the lost high council member, but has lost the way of his/her ancestors. His/her people run amuck and do as they please. They don't take kindly to orders and commands other than attack. He/She has grown strong and plans to attack soon. Wether he/she wins or loses, he/she is just ready to be lifted of this burden he/she calls his/her tribe.

Time of the Year:
Summer

Announcements:
I'd like to state that when you submit your form your automatically accepted. You already own the Rukami and you are not submitting any new information so it would he pointless to spam the thread with constant "accepted" posts.
Last edited by .Ape. on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
.Ape.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby growl.lingo » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Username:
    << Undertaker >>
    Rukami Name:
    Lilith
    Rukami Gender:
    Female
    Rukami Age:
    Forty-Three
    Still relatively young
    Link to Rukami:
    Clickie
    Brief Personality:
    Is a firm believer in equality between males and females. She's not good at submitting to anyone, but is still very loyal to whomever or whatever she devotes herself too. Lilith is also quick to fight, and more attracted to darker and meaner looking things and creatures.
    Surprisingly she does wants pups some day and believes she will make a wonderful mother.
    Crush or Mate:
    Uninterested in everyone currently
    Family:
    None
    Rukami's Tribe:
    Enlightened Tribe
    General if okay with you c:

growl.lingo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Wolfe » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Username:
The Wolfe

Rukami Name:
Vexx

Rukami Gender:
Male

Rukami Rank:
Loner

Link to Rukami:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2380897

Brief Personality:
Not trusting of others, self-reliant, a perfectionist, lonely and submissive

Crush or Mate:
None, since he doesn't trust another for anyone to be that close

Family:
Mother, father and grandmother, all deceased
The Wolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:18 pm

Username: Liddi
Rukami Name: Kunlee
Rukami Rank: Kit
Rukami Tribe: Enlightened
Link to Rukami: x
Brief Personality: cautious, non-violent, creative, skeptical
Family: deceased
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Ape. » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:36 am

((Guys I just realized I left a crucial part in the forms out...the tribe. So I added that in but I know what tribe you guys have decided so no need to edit your forms.

Now concerning the subject when this will start I want to wait for one more person. We do not need anyone in the Shadow Tribe to begin. Although we will have one as soon as my custom is done.))
.Ape.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfpuppies » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:40 am

Username | wolfpuppies
Rukami Name | Aislynn
Rukami Gender | Female
Rukami Rank | Loner
Rukami Tribe | Loner
Link to Rukami | xxx
Brief Personality | Coy, Sociable, Creative, Intelligent, Thief, Non-committal
Crush or Mate | None currently.
Family | Unknown status.
CS pets, c$, and items for trade!
Shima Longtail, Growing White July, and more are all available!!
Am willing to do art for characters as well ^^
wolfpuppies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolf Shadowstalker » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:22 am

Username:
Wolf Shadowstalker

Rukami Name:
Kiana

Rukami Gender:
Female

Rukami Rank:
Loner

Rukami Tribe:
Loner

Link to Rukami:
Rukami #14

Brief Personality:
Quiet, tends to avoid large groupings of other Rukami, occasionally self-detrimental, observant

Crush or Mate:
None

Family:
Parents she has separated from after reaching maturity.
Wolf Shadowstalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Ape. » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:36 am

Samson:

Samson strolled through the center of the village. Numerous Rukami greeted him and wished him a good day. With a smile Samson returned a warm thanks and wished them the same. He neared a crafting shop a young Rukami had erected not to long ago. He was calling for his tribe mates to come see his wares.

Samson walked over and examined a statue that sat out on display. "Ah I see you have good taste in merchandise! This statue depicts a gifted one," the young 'kami stated with enthusiasm. Samson chuckled and ran his paw over the smooth, cold surface. "I see that," he smiled. "I'll give you this necklace for it." He reached into a small bag tied with twine around his waist and pulled out a necklace made of fishbones with a lapis gem embedded in it. "Oh my, of course! Like I said, great taste. Great taste! The rukami grabbed the necklace and planted a kiss on the gem as he handed the statue to Samson. "Thank you." Samson said as he grabbed the amateur artwork. "No thank you!," the young Rukami quickly said.

Samson made his way back to his hut to add his purchased item to his collection. He was a Rukami of few words, but he had a sense of awe and authority about him. A trait quickly realized by most he meets. Lately he has been celebrating the prophecy along with the other Rukami and buying trinkets all around the village.

Dracul:

Dracul was crouched in deep concentration. Heavy foliage surrounded him, he was deep in the forest, alone, and on a mission. A hunt. One of the biggest bucks he had seen in these recent years left its mark on a tree close to the village. He had been tracking it for 10 hours, approaching 11. Now the time has come. The buck was a few feet from him and drinking out of a stream, completely oblivious to the life threatening danger behind him. His muscles tensed as he prepared to leap at his prey, they rippled visibly under his pelt. Just as he was about to shoot off like a rubber band a branch snapped behind him.

It startled the buck and he took off. In a furious rage Dracul turned around to see his son, Juno, crouched behind him with a weak smile on his face reading, "oops." His front left paw was in the air in mid step. Dracul looked down and saw a rotten branch snapped under his sons paw. "What are you doing here?!," Dracul roared. Juno looked down in defeat. "I wanted to hunt too. I wanted to show you how strong I am." Dracul shook his head and grumbled something incoherent. Just as he began to say something to his son a giant shape took form as it stood up next to them. A loud roar emerged from the mouth of a grizzly. "Juno run!" Dracul knew he could fight the bear off but it was too risky with his son here. Something bad could happen. Juno took off, running towards the clearing by the stream the buck rested at. Dracul followed close behind sometimes stopping to slow the bear down.

Meeting the descendant:

They reached the clearing but the bear continued its pursuit. He reared up again obviously about to strike. One swipe with his paw would take Juno's head right off. Dracul stood up as well matching the bear in height. He challenged the bear, trying intimidate him and make him flee. He wasn't having it, he lashed out. Dracul jumped back quickly dodging the attack. He was about to make a move but it happened so quickly it was hard to react. Another large Rukami had leapt out of the foliage surrounding the clearing. Dracul never saw him coming...neither did the bear. The Rukami landed in front of the bear, and stood tall. He towered maybe a foot or two above the bear. Probably about 11' 10 inches. Long dreads flowed down his back and two tails emerged from him. The strangest Rukami Dracul had ever seen. The bear lashed out at him. The stranger quickly grabbed the bears forearm and swiped at the bear with his free paw. Razor sharp claws put an end to the bears life. The Rukami turned around and Dracul was even more surprised. He had elongated teeth and massive horns curling around his head. His emerald green eyes peered out from underneath his dreads. He looked from Dracul to Juno. "Who are you?" Juno asked. Dracul raised his hand at his son to signal silence. The Rukami smirked as he moved a lock from in front if his face. "I am Titan." The Rukami looked him up and down and scoffed. He got down on all fours and took off for Mount Eon the barrier of the two tribes. Dracul's eye widened and he looked back at Juno to tell him to hurry. They rushed home to alert the others. The descendant has emerged from the shadows.

Titan stood on all fours perched atop Mount Eon. The wind had picked up and blew his dreadlocks away from his eyes. His beard wavered in the wind as he silently observed how the Rukami reacted to the news, the Shadow Tribe had returned. Hopefully his plan goes about the way he believes it will, the Enlightened are in for a surprise.
.Ape.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me