( “ ✩ . the mermaid’s curse ✧ o&a ! ! )

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

( “ ✩ . the mermaid’s curse ✧ o&a ! ! )

Postby molotov » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:09 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

────────────── CURSE

legend tells of a sea witch, whom curses anyone who dares break her heart.
disguised in human form, she roams the beach-side, tempting young men
with her imaginable beauty and enchanting voice, in hopes of finally finding
true love, however, once she enters the water and reveals who she truly is;
that of a mermaid, the young men flee in fear of her, and thus get a terrible
curse placed upon them in the process, one meant to make them feel the pain
that she feels of never finding love, one in which eveytime their skin touches
even the smallest drop of water, they shall turn into a sea creature.

─────────────────────
001. all cs rules apply. 002. please send reservations via pm. they last for 48
hours. 003. animanga faceclaims only. 004. please be able to write a good
chunky paragraph per reply. 005. stay reasonably active, notify me if you’ll
be gone for awhile, i will kick you from the rp otherwise. 006. post all forms
on discussion thread & disable signatures. 007. more slots will be added
if necessary, just ask! 008. most importantly, be kind & include everyone
Last edited by molotov on Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( “ ✩ . there are plenty of fish in the sea ! ! )

Postby molotov » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:11 am

the sharktetsuo ✦ cursed ✦ 24 ✦ Foe Paw
among the first to receive the curse, he’s notably outraged
by it. so much so that he has made it his duty to hunt down
the mermaid and demand she change him back to normal.
competitive and temperamental, he is a snappy grump, and
is well known rivals with the dolphin and orca.

the sea turtleasuka ✦ cursed ✦ 20 ✦ Ploegy
rather shy, he struggles to come out of his shell and is slow
to warm up to people. despite this, he is just about the
kindest young man you’ll ever meet, he regrets fleeing
from the mermaid. still unaware of the curse placed upon
him, only time will tell how he chooses to react.

the octopushinata ✦ cursed ✦ 23 ✦ molotov
an unusual lad who keeps to himself, shrouded in an air of
mystery. he was made curious by the rumors of the curse,
originally a sceptic whom sought to prove it to be fake,
until the mermaid stated otherwise. now, with the help of
the eel, he spends his days ‘helping’ the newbies.

the seahorse ✦ human ✦ 19-25 ✦ male ✦ Fawnie
not yet cursed, but soon to be, he is a workaholic and a
beloved waiter at one of the beachside restaurants in the
area. recently, he’s been drawn to the mermaid who is
a frequent costumer. oblivious to the supernatural forces,
he hasn’t yet built up the courage to ask her on a date.

the seashellaiko ✦ human ✦ 22 ✦ daifuku
having just experienced the death of a loved one, she has
decided to travel to the beach take her mind off things.
out on her own, she hopes to make new friends on her
time away. her presence often settles even the angriest
of people. she remains unaware of the mermaid’s legends.
the dolphin ✦ cursed ✦ male ✦ molotov
free-spirited, playful and popular among peers, he is kind
and sociable, but seems to have something hidden beneath
his outgoing exterior. in truth, he feels bad for rejecting the
mermaid, and wishes to make things right. he is rivals with
the shark, and good friends with the orca.

the orcasaito ✦ cursed ✦ 20 ✦ headofvecna
a man of great intellect but not of great manners, he is
especially cautious of avoiding water since the outcome
is... rather large and awkward. strategic in his ways he
likes to make a plan for everything. he can be sarcastic
and pessimistic, but tends to lighten up around the dolphin.

the eelhibiki ✦ cursed ✦ 22 ✦ Kurora
a wildcard in the truest sense of the word, he starts trouble
as swiftly as he slips out of it. he has grown quite close with
the octopus, often times going out of his way to assist him
with the newbies. nevertheless bitterness and resentment
for his curse lurk beneath the playful facade.

the clownfishryuichi ✦ cursed ✦ 22 ✦ guh-huh!
a hopeless romantic who always seems to fail in his pursuits
for love, though his loyalty and passion run deep, he tends
to fall subject to overthinking things. having witnessed the
sea turtles run-in with the mermaid, he wishes to help him
adjust to the curse, all too wary of the octopus and eel.

the mermaidhimiko ✦ sea witch ✦ 24 ✦ Nightschade
the one responsible for all this, she is a lonely beauty, last
of her kind, enchantingly gorgeous. unfortunately, she also
has a temper that not even the god of the seas dare meddle
with. she genuinely just wants someone to accept her. but
can’t take rejection. she now has her eyes on the sea horse.
Last edited by molotov on Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:31 am, edited 10 times in total.
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( “ ✩ . the mermaid’s lore ! ! )

Postby molotov » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:13 am

xxxxxxxxxxxx

────────────── CURSE

mermaids are ancient creatures, different variants of lore about them spread
throughout time, some good some bad. regardless of the assumptions that
may come to mind when on the topic of mermaids, residence of sakura beach
and boardwalk see them as vile, temptresses of the water, whom bring about
nothing but bad luck and dark magic. although the rumors aren’t entirely true,
the curse itself is definitely something to be weary of. if cursed, any water
that comes into contact with the victims skin will result in an immediate
transformation, in which lasts for about 5 minutes. furthermore, victims of
the curse are forever bound to the mermaid and thus, are forbidden to leave
the small town of sakura, stuck there until the curse is broken. how the curse
is broken has yet to be known.
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( “ ✩ . cherry blossoms by the seaside ! ! )

Postby molotov » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:45 am

────────────── CURSE

sakura beach (meaning cherry blossom) earned it’s name from it’s distinct
number of well.. cherry blossoms. the place is abundant in them, but what
makes them unique from that of the typical prunus serrulata is the duration
period of how long they stay in bloom. unlike that of normal cherry blossoms,
in which stay in bloom for about 14 days, the cherry blossoms here seem to stay
in bloom all spring. making it one of the many reasons tourists are a commonality
around these parts. in addition to the lovely scenery that seems to surround the
whole town. there is also the boardwalk, all in which overlook the beachside
as well as provide tourists with enough shops, restaurants, small aquarium and
theme park to entertain folks for days.

as far as food goes, sakura is one of the most well known for it’s large assortment
of seafood. many restaurants pride themselves on their exceptional and rather
unique menu options, shark, crab and eel are especially popular.

along with the aforementioned boardwalk and amenities, a row of apartment
complexes lines the beachside along with a hotel that sits just as close to the
water, homing it’s own large pool, water fountain and other aquatic features
throughout, along with a walkway that leads straight down to the beach. the
sand and water down by the beach is always pleasant, and there’s plenty of
activities weather it be beach volleyball or simply lounging in the cabana.

sakura isn’t a stranger to the odd and paranormal, some visitors occasionally
claiming to see “misplaced sea life” such as one instance in which a humpback
whale somehow ended up in the hotel’s pool, quite a long distance away from
the ocean for a 40 ton animal with no legs. no doubt things are a little odd
here.

one of the biggest selling points is the towns local myth of the mermaid, or more
commonly known as the sea witch, often put on merchandise in stores for tourists,
depicted as a vile, hideous monster, and something to be feared, but also used as
a good scary story for a night with friends by the bonfire.
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( “ ✩ . take the plunge ! ! )

Postby molotov » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:02 am

all current slots are full, however, i am not opposed to adding additional roles if
you are interested in joining. please post all forms on the discussion thread
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ the octopus // 001. ] [ the dolphin // 001. ]

Postby molotov » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:20 pm

HINATA ─────────────── ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [ the octopus ] xx xx [ male ] xx xx [ 23 years old ] xx xx [ location: the cafe ] xx xx [ tags: open ]
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    the subtle scent of cherry blossoms graced the gentle ocean breeze as hinata strolled down the boardwalk, which overlooked the crystal clear waters that glittered and gleamed in the suns waking rays, outlining the distant uninhabited islands that graced the backdrop of dazzling ocean in warm hues. the waves crashed lazily to the pearl white sands, tourists greedily laying claim to whatever spots they could grab for the day, many of which were already basking in the heat like a pod of lazy seals. children noisily played by the water, blissfully splashing about, grabbing at the colorful seashells that lined the waters edge, their incessant squeals not helping hinata’s headache any.
    it was his own fault really, staying up night after night would inevitably take a toll on his health, alas, the octopus side of him was a nocturnal creature at heart from what he had read.. or was it hearts? - they had three - it was weird enough turning into one, but even in his human form certain aspects of his life had changed, including his inclination to tarnish the little remnants of his sleep schedule he had left. nevertheless, such times necessitated a lack of sleep, that mermaid worked fast, and tourists came in bulk this time of year. a lengthy amount of research and patience went into figuring out the mermaid’s victims, it wasn’t as easy as dousing every person he came across with water in hopes they might become a sea creature, he needed to be careful, meticulous, he needed to show them he cared - much as most didn’t see his methods in that light, it only made sense he and his partner, hibiki were compensated for their kindness, why that was so hard to grasp was beyond him.

the smell of food soon overtook the air as hina passed into the market place, avoiding the crowded spots as he slipped into the alleys behind, fish markets, food venders and restaurants alike preparing to open for the day. his love for cooking use to see him around here often, gathering ingredients whenever he could, experimenting with recipes any chance he got. now, he couldn’t stand to look at it, the smell.. all the exotic sea food on display was enough to make him nauseous. to think, he might find himself transforming there, was a horror story he would like to avoid if he could, he grew visibly pale with the very thought. keeping his gaze to the crowd ahead, he inspected his path carefully as he again took the route less traveled, blending in best he could to get to his destination swiftly and effectively - a difficult task for a paranoid-looking man in a thick raincoat and waterproof gloves on a clear, sunny day, but he managed. slowing his pace, he glanced up at the humble little cafe before him, ‘the sleepy starfish’ as it was called. the beverages may have been lack-luster, but it was a hotspot for local gossip from all over sakura, if anything unusual was to happen around the beach, it would inevitably make its way there.
    upon ordering a coffee, a small pastry, and snatching the daily paper, hinata made his way to the back, sitting down beside a window that overlooked the beach, he listened in on the chatter of the other inhabitants of the cafe, taking a generous sip of his coffee as he did so. not much came about it at first, but with time he found his curiosity peaked, clearly the sheer magnitude of all those who had been afflicted by the mermaid were becoming apparent, at least in terms of locals catching on to the odd occurrence of sea life. just last tuesday the baristas had gotten into a heated debate concerning the rumor of a whale ending up in a hotel pool, and a waiter making a remark over a man who had lost his temper over water that nearly spilling on him. it may not have seemed like enough to go off of at first, but finding someone who was cursed wasn’t too hard if you knew where to look, and when to listen.

NOA ──────────────────── ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [ the dolphin ] xx xx [ male ] xx xx [ 24 years old ] xx xx [ location: sakrua storefronts ] xx xx [ tags: open ]
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    the day was proving to be a pleasant one, and noa for one wasn’t going to let an opportunity to enjoy the morning pass him by. as he strolled through the trail leading to the beachside, it was hard to break the habit of looking at his phone, and soon enough the urge to look grew too strong. noa stared down at the recent post made, dissatisfaction immediately overtaking his calm features at the group of smiling faces that stared back at him through the screen, yet another post from a group of old friends, posed against backdrops of magnificent views, donning the latest fashion and trends, traveling from place to place, without him. it had been awhile since he last posted, an entire week or so since he had even talked to anyone. scouring through the comments now, his jaw tightening at all the positive feedback. the number of likes and views far exceeding his own, it wasn’t surprising, just a disappointing confirmation that he was slowly sinking into obscurity.
    he sighed, slipping his phone into his back pocket and running a hand through his hair. the array of pink petals that decorated the trees around him swayed in the breeze, a few of them raining down from above every so often. sakura beach wasn’t devoid of photogenic destinations by any means, the cherry blossoms alone were enough to attract most during their seasons of blooming, and yet he couldn’t find the motivation to keep himself relevant, nor answer the number of concerned text messages he had received from the friends he had been avoiding. it was for his and their own good that they remained far away from him, and his curse, he didn’t want to involve them, nor face the consequences of transforming in front of everyone. much as he hated it, it wasn’t exactly like he was entirely alone, he had saito after all.

after greeting an elderly couple whom passed by with a nod, he ambled off the trail to the shopping district, cars bustled about, passing the set of pastel colored gift-shops and stores that lined the main street, their glass windows showcasing the many merchandise they had to offer, much of which took inspiration from the beach, cherry blossoms and… sea witch. he frowned at the monstrous depictions of merchandise scattered throughout one of the shops he passed by, it was far from the truth, but he couldn’t exactly go defending her. while half of the residents of sakura beach weren't opposed to profiting off the legends brought about by himiko, the other, more superstitious half found discussing the mermaid a taboo subject on its own. he could only hope that their paths would cross again, so he could properly apologize, with luck maybe have this curse broken. it wasn’t all bad, of course, a part of him enjoyed the thrill of swimming as a creature built for the ocean, it was an amazing feeling being that unrestrained, surely the others must’ve felt similarly? that change was oddly refreshing, albeit slightly shocking at first, given the lack of arms or legs.
    he wondered if saito would be opposed to going for a swim, and found himself tempted to teasingly send him a text message asking just that, but decided against it. with any luck, they’d be able to hang out today, noa would be lying if he didn’t say the loneliness wasn’t getting to him, and he’d take any excuse to get away from his parents who had given him an earful ever since he had been forced to quit lifeguarding, he couldn’t really tell them it was because he was cursed. slipping his phone out of his pocket, he took his eyes off his path and glanced down at the screen, ready to flip to saito’s contact, though he paused as his phone opened up to yet another showy display of friends on their travels, noa’s smile promptly weakened, though his gaze remained fixated on the new picture.
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the orca 001.

Postby headofvecna » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:37 pm

Saito Makoto
────────────────────────────────────────
role the orca location sakura storefronts tags noa link to sheet
────────────────────────────────────────
The earlier half of Saito's day was spent working at Ocean's Treasures, one of many gift shops found in every corner of Sakura. Sure, selling merchandise of a twisted version of the mermaid was not what Saito wanted to be doing, but he couldn't really be too picky because finding another job that fit with his curse was hard. The whole sea witch obsession the town had soured after Saito's experience with the real mermaid. He honestly wasn't the biggest fan of his job even without all the sea witch souvenirs - too much dealing with other people for his liking, that was until his coworkers kicked him off register and assigned him to restocking the shelves and other less people-orientated tasks.

After changing out of the plain slacks and uniform shirt required for his work, he found himself strolling Sakura Beach's shopping district, pondering what to do with the rest of his day. Although the weather was looking nice, he had made sure to have his trusty rain jacket in his bag in case it went south. He had ate his packed food at work to make sure wasn't too hungry for the rest of the day. With those two things managed, Saito had everything important out of the way. The whole day was free for whatever.

His first thought was to go to the gym - an excellent way to waste some time and he knew he had his gym clothes in his hiking backpack on his back. The thing is, Saito really wasn't in the mood to run into Tetsuo, a guy at his gym who was always getting in his way and causing a scene. Sure... maybe he encouraged it a bit, but it wasn't his fault that guy was always so mad for no good reason. Saito was smart enough to realize he had an argumentative streak, but that other guy didn't help it.

Since going to the gym wasn't really something Saito wanted to do, he considered calling his mother and inviting her for lunch. Ever since being cursed, Saito has stopped spending as much time with her, less he transforms in her presence. The weather seems to be nice, creating a possibility for them to go out with Saito worrying about rain coming all of a sudden. Though, he knew his mother liked to worry about him and was happy at the fact recently he was less attached at the hip to her, instead she hoped spending his time with others.

Out of the corner of his eye, Saito spotted a familiar blonde in the street - Noa. He seemed to be distracted, staring at his phone with a slightly pursed look on his face. It was always odd to see his friend in such ordinary scenarios like this, since he always looked so fancy and put together.

Friend - it was nice to say that again, considering they had drifted away after Noa moved away from Sakura for his modelling career. Saito was surprised when he had moved back to Sakura, having always thought Noa would succeed easily in modelling, but what did he know about it? It was nice to have him around again, especially since being cursed. Turning into an orca with a simple drop of water was extremely stressful for Saito and not very convenient in Sakura. He had already had more than a few close calls with other discovering his curse - if you can even call them that, more like him transforming in odd locations and having to uncomfortably wait it out. Not having to hide the curse from everyone felt good and Noa always made him him look on the bright side despite the unfortunate situation they were both in now. Saito manoeuvred through the shopping crowds to reach Noa and attempted to wave him over without attracting too much attention to himself.

"What are you up to out here? Meeting up here with anyone?" Noa always seemed so well connected to Saito, so this seemed like an easy possibility.
headofvecna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

(shark ━ ━━ ━ 001)

Postby Foe Paw » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:23 am

𝙏𝙀𝙏𝙎𝙐𝙊 𝙏𝘼𝙆𝘼𝙃𝘼𝙎𝙃𝙄 ━━ ━ (𝟎𝟎𝟏) ━ ━━
      role ━ shark ━ info ━ he/him, 24 ━ tags ━ hinata
      ────it was a beautiful morning that rose on sakura beach. the sunlight cast every part of the ocean in a rosy tone that perfectly matched the city's namesake and greatest pride, the cherry trees lining the streets in cheerful bloom. and tetsuo, sitting at his kitchen table and staring out the east-facing window, couldn't help but feel an irrational irritation at the beautiful sight. there was something in the soul that rebelled at waking up in a black mood and looking out only to see that the weather was still beautiful as ever. the vicious satisfaction of a rumbling storm when one was already angry felt as if the skies were validating the feeling. on the other hand, he did not want rain to start right now. hadn't enjoyed rain like he used to in a while.

────all the minor adaptations he'd had to do to his daily routine kept piling up on top of each other to make one incredible shark-sized annoyance. couldn't go to the beach, of course - unless he drove to the farthest side beyond the rock formations, too unspectacular a view for most tourists to bother with the trek. had to change his hygiene schedules so he wouldn't have to wash his face before and after trimming his beard, taking a shower turned into a three-ring circus, couldn't dye his hair. at the very least, he could still work - he'd already been taking short freelancing gigs as a programmer before this happened, and long distance work could be done inside. he didn't bother keeping food at home because if he cooked, then he'd have to wash the dishes. this was why he skipped breakfast, trying to focus on chasing down the remaining bugs on his current project so that he could hand it off already.

────it was at that point that a gull landed on the windowsill.

────tetsuo's train of thought came to a screeching halt, as he stared out at the bird. it was a big, off-white thing. he watched, frozen, as it walked around, tapping the metal railing, and squawked loudly. the gull was so close - less than five feet. maybe if he lunged, he could grab it before it flew away and eat--

────he shook his head violently, trying to displace the image of crunching down on a stupid sea bird in lieu of breakfast, and got up to loudly shoo the seagull, converting the disgust into rage. it resisted a bit, but once tetsuo almost clipped it with a wild swing of an arm it eventually flew away, too unused to seeing humans as a threat to think that the two-legged thing might try to harm it, like tetsuo almost did. it had no way of knowing that the thing in tetsuo's kitchen wasn't entirely human, anymore.

──── this was- insufferable. he needed to go get something to eat, otherwise the shark would keep drawing his eyes onto every fast-moving thing, trying to tempt him into taking a bite. he closed his laptop with a snap, put it under his arm and walked out the door. too in his head to do much more than avoid bumping into people, he made his way to the cafe he'd been going to for breakfast recently. he tapped his foot all the way through the queue, where he rattled off a more or less automatic order - latte, two egg sandwiches, thanks'. it was only when he got it and turned around to scan for a place to sit that he realized the morning crowd had pretty much filled most of the available spots. going further in, he also spotted a familiar face, sitting near the window and reading the paper.

────"morning, dude." tetsuo made his way to that table and pulled up the seat opposite hinata's. "mind if i sit?" he asked belatedly, already having put his dish on the table and moving to take a bite. he eyed his egg sandwich dubiously, wondering if he got it because he was still thinking of the seagull from earlier, but dismissed it as paranoia.

━━ ━━ ━ ━━━━━━━━ ━ ━━ ━━━━━ ━━ ━━━ ━ ━━ ━━ ━ ━━━━━━ ━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━━━ ━
Foe Paw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( “ ✩ . the mermaid’s curse ✧ o&a ! ! )

Postby Nightschade » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:33 am

𝓗𝓪𝓶𝓪𝓼𝓪𝓴𝓲 𝓗𝓲𝓶𝓲𝓴𝓸 || 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓶𝓪𝓲𝓭 || 𝓛𝓸𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷; 𝓒𝓪𝓯é || 𝓣𝓪𝓰𝓼; 𝓝/𝓐

Himiko looked at the horizon, sitting on the sandy shore of the beach. She watched, she waited. For what? She wasn't sure anymore, the days, the sunrises, they all bled together and muddled making the coloring far less pleasant. She'd been in this town far too long, but she couldn't leave, similarly to the men she kept trapped here. The tethers tangled them up in her web of misery and magic like leashes on dogs. She watched sakura petals drift to the sea after a particularly strong breeze whipped some of her blonde hair into her face, successfully pulling her from her train of thought. Nothing good ever came from lingering on a subject for too long. She shook her head and stood up, brushing away the sand that stuck to her lavender sundress. She looked down the strip of beach, more people had come to Sakura Beach compared to the year before. Maybe she'd finally...- A child shrieking at the top of their lungs pierced her eardrums, she looked at the set of children playing happily in the water. "To be young." She hummed, her words catching the attention of an elderly woman nearby, she said that she shouldn't be saying such things at her age. If only she knew, Himiko had seen this woman as a child on this very beach so many years ago. She laughed and thanked the woman for the advice before walking away, heading in the direction of the boardwalk. Her body moved slowly, without purpose, as she headed towards the shopping district. She notably avoided places with particularly bad imagery of her from the past. It was actually pretty embarrassing, looking at those gave her a feeling similar to when adults see pictures of their cringy teenage selves. She couldn't say she didn't do those things that the legends said, but they were all so long ago. Except for the ones that, quite admittedly, weren't. She really needed to work on her anger. Himiko paused in front of a store window, looking at the dress hanging off a mannequin.

She tilted her head slightly before shrugging and walking into the store, it sold women's clothes. She shifted slightly on her feet as she began looking through the racks, plucking out a few things she was interested in, not paying any attention to the price tags. One of the perks of being a mermaid was exploring underwater shipwrecks and finding things humans would be more than willing to pay for. Most people in town believed she was simply a local treasure hunter with a string of luck. So, at least she never had to worry about money. After a few minutes of looking, she came across this lovely purple floral patterned dress, she went to the dressing room and tried it on, she really liked it so she went to the cashier and paid for it in cash. A mermaid couldn't really open a bank account so she didn't have any credit or debit cards. When she was done paying for it, she took it to the bathroom and changed into it, placing her other clothes in the store bag and exiting the building. She brought her free hand down and toyed with the edge of her new dress, she'd continued window shopping and bought a sun hat and a rare non-offensive mermaid necklace in the process. It didn't take long for her to need to rest her feet, her legs being far weaker than her tail. Himiko made her way to a nearby café, entering with a sigh as she let the air conditioning sink into her skin. She approached the counter, standing off to the side as her eyes skimmed the menu curiously.
Nightschade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me