♠ A Secret We Must Keep ♠ Vamp/Human- New/Accepting!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

♠ A Secret We Must Keep ♠ Vamp/Human- New/Accepting!

Postby owl0430 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:44 pm

~ The Secret Side Of Me- I Never Let You See- I Keep It Caged But I Can't Control It ~
~~ So Stay Away From Me- The Beast Is Ugly- I Feel The Rage And I Just Can't Hold it ~~

-INDEX-
-Intro-
-Rules/Forms-
-Vampire Information-
-Character List/Announcements-

~ It's Scratchin' On The Walls- In The Closet- In The Halls- It Comes Awake And I Can't Control It ~
~~ Hiding Under The Bed- In My Body- In My Head- Why Won't Somebody Come Save Me From This- Make It End? ~~

Secrets: Nasty, dangerous things. They've caused many, many tragedies throughout history. Betrayal. The end of numerous friendships and relationships. It seems like all they do is cause trouble, right? Wrong. Some secrets are best kept a secret... because some of them are dangerous. Some are kept to save your life. and sometimes, it's by those closest to. A trusted friend, for example. Little do you know what they do at night- the people they hang with, or the vermillion gaze they possess as they hunt down their next meal. But it's going to get harder. More and More vampires are moving to town, throwing parties and needing a new hunting spot, all while trying to lose the trail of hunters. For how much longer will they be able to keep their secret? And what will happen when it's out?
~ I feel It Deep Within- It's Just Beneath The Skin- I Must Confess That I Feel Like A Monster ~
~~ I Hate What I've Become- The Nightmare's Just Begun- I must Confess That I Feel Like A Monster ~~
~ I- I Feel Like A Monster- I- I Feel Like A Monster ~
owl0430

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♠ A Secret We Must Keep ♠ Vamp/Human- New/Accepting!

Postby owl0430 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:46 pm

--RULES--

♔Please be active.

♔ Please give me a recap if you go more than 5 pages without me.

♔ You have creative liberty in this roleplay, but please do not progress with events that would affect all the characters without gaining the permission of me and the other roleplayers.

♔ No text typing or baby language. Try to avoid short, choppy sentences if possible, those make the story rather mundane.

♔ Character age limit- 17 at the youngest- 23 at the oldest. (ghosts can be older, but must have an appearance in that range.)
♔Give everyone time to post. Don't rush them

♔ AT LEAST a fair paragraph of typing per post, per character. Please.

♔ make sure to give everyone time to post, and don't go too far without everyone.
AND please put forms here-- Forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4468721&p=132796161#p132796161

username;;
▽ name;;
▽ gender;;
▽ age;;
▽ birthday;;

▽ Human/vampire?(please specify):
▽ eye color;;
▽ hair color;;
▽ height;;
▽ scars;;
▽ tattoos;;

▽ + traits;;
▽ - traits;;
▽ likes;;
▽ dislikes;
▽ history;;

▽ crush;;
▽ secret crush;;
▽ boyfriend/girlfriend;;
Last edited by owl0430 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
owl0430

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby owl0430 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:50 pm

-- Vampire Information --
Strengths and Weaknesses
The strength of each area varies from one to another. Some will heal quicker than others, but may not be as strong. Another might have more speed but not as nice reflexes. All are possessed, but like anyone else, talents vary. Simply put, however, they all retain enhanced speed- reflexes- senses- and healing. Users may also give their vamps one other ability of their choice. (ex. fire, ice, telekinesis, shadow-travel, etc.).

As for weaknesses, a hawthorn or rosewood stake to the heart can kill them. Decapitation can only kill them if the body is then burned. They can not be in sunlight.
Meanwhile, rosewood/hawthorn wood and wild roses can help ward them off, but it can not entirely stop them. ( unless the wood, as earlier stated, is in the form of a stake.

The Turning Process
On occasion, ( or sometimes intentionally) vampiric blood will enter the human bloodstream, causing a human to develop a sickness. This sickness is known as ' The Kiss of Death". It can be recovered from, but few do. It can take up to eighty days for the human body to rid itself of the toxins. In the meanwhile, it will be increasingly harder for the victim to restrain from consuming human blood. As long as the said victim doesn't taste human blood, however, they can recover. If tasted, death can occur within an hour, and they can return as a vampire as quickly as fifteen minutes or as late as a day later. There are a few stages prior to the consumption of human blood, and they progress to stage four as quickly as 24 to 48 hours. However, it does not matter at what stage human blood is tasted- even if the victim tastes it in stage one, they will still become a vampire. The only way to avoid becoming a vampire is to restrain from tasting human blood until the illness is completely out of the victim's system.
stage one- you will notice your senses are sharper, and you can run faster than most. Likely you are at this stage currently. In stage two you will notice your pupils have become more cat-like, and your canines sharp enough to pierce the skin but not yet fangs.
. In stage three you will begin to be able to smell blood and tell when someone is bleeding. Every now and then you might cling to someone who is bleeding, out of vampiric instinct. Self-control goes in and out at this point.
Stage four is where you will begin to desire blood, and will likely attack anyone who is bleeding. At this point, self-control is very rare and very limited.
- The sunlight issue does not kick in until fully transformed into a vampire.

---There are also different classes/clans of vampires, which are as follows-
-name-symbol-description
Ignis- A phoenix- This sect primarily contains vampires who have a power that branches from an affiliation with Fire. They also tend to be the most violent and bloodthirsty, but also tend to have more physical strength. Additionally, vampires of the Ignis sect tend to have better fire resistance, able to withstand it longer without injury or death ( though long enough exposure will have the same result.) However, their healing abilities are the slowest of all the Sects. They are the least picky in terms of where their food comes from.

Vita- A moth- Vampires of the Vita sect tend to have powers related to the element Earth or to plants. They are the least bloodthirsty and have the best healing of all the Sects, but most vampires of this sect are lacking in physical strength. They are still much stronger than the average human, but are weaker in strength in vampire terms. Out of all the Sects, they also tend to act the kindest towards the humans.

Tempest- A whirlpool-like spiral- As the name should imply, vampires of this Sect tend to have powers related to the element of Water (This includes the different forms of water ( ice, frost, snow, regular water, etc.)). Like water's ability to take the shape of its container, vampires of this sect are easily able to adapt to almost any situation. They also have the best reflexes of the Sects. Additionally, they tend to be the best singers of the vampire world, a few (mainly sect leaders) even possess the ability to lure their pray in with their voices, much like a siren.

Caeli- A Sparrow- The Caeli are the fastest of the Sects, and most within their clan possess abilities related to the wind and to air. Gravity-based powers are also included in this sect. However, they tend to be a bit pickier with their food, and their speed comes at the cost of their stength, and they mainly rely on their speed in fights. They aim to strike quickly enough and enough times to immobilize their opponent and prevent healing while limiting the injuries to themselves.

Lux- A Sun Eclipsed by a crescent moon- Vampires in the Lux clan tend to have powers affiliated to light, shadows, blood manipulation, or the mind ( telepathy, mood manipulation, psychokinesis, etc.). They are the second most diverse clan, but the vampires of this clan tend to have the best sun resistance, meaning that ( when in sunlight) they are one of the strongest clans. However, their healing is not the best due to their sun resistance. The Lux vampires are also the pickiest, and are essentially gourmets. They prefer only the finest of blood, and they will never be caught feeding in an allyway. They'd much prefer a fancy or luxurious setting for not only their feeding, but for their homes in general.

Enigma- Nightshade flowers- The Enigma clan is the most diverse, but also the smallest of clans. Additionally, they are the most dangerous. Vampires in this clan can have any ability. This clan contains the strongest of vampires, but also the most vulnerable ones. They have outstanding healing, reflexes, and speed, strong, but they do not surpass the Ignis, Vita, Tempest, or Caeli in their respective areas. Instead, they are the smartest and most mysterious of the clans. They are great at schemes and well-thought-out tricks. What makes them the most dangerous, however, is also their greatest weakness. They have the lowest sun resistance, meaning they are both the most vulnerable in the sunlight and the best at blending in with the humans. Many of this small clan's members have learned to hide the tiredness they get from the sun, meaning they can pass off as human to almost anyone (except other vampires, of course.) Their abilities can fall under any elemental affiliation as well, meaning they can pass off as a member of a different sect if needed. Because of their diverse abilities, it can be hard to identify a member of the Enigma clan. The easiest way to identify an Enigma member is by the glow of their eyes. Enigma vampires don't have the traditional red-eyes when using their abilities, angered, or hungry, etc. Their eyes glow a royal purple instead.
owl0430

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby owl0430 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:56 pm

Character List

~Vampires~
name-age-gender-sect-player
Icarus Umbra-21(?)- male- Enigma (leader)- owl0430
Annika Dey Kairo-22-female-Enigma- spiritstar3
Emmerson Taylor-19-male-Caeli-Takara
Evergreen 'Rose' Thorne- female- Caeli (leader)- Faemyse
Ambrosia "Rosie" Martin- 21- female- Vita (leader)- Takara

~Humans~
name-age-gender-player
Ophelia Flores- 19- female- owl0430
Yuri Handa- 20-male- spiritstar3

~ Announcements ~
posting is now open! Please put forms on the discussion thread!
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=4468730
Last edited by owl0430 on Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
owl0430

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby owl0430 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:05 pm

change of plans- y'all wanna start early?
if so, question- do you wanna just eliminate the whole part about old friends and just have strangers, just a few are friends, or how y'all want this to work
owl0430

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:44 pm

Yes
And I don’t mind either way I guess
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby owl0430 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:12 pm

Ophelia Flores- 19-female-human-tags:none
If she was being honest, it seemed like it was going to rain later- not that she could really tell, it was more of a gut feeling than anything. Nonetheless, she wasn't going to complain if it did- it had been a while since they'd last gotten a good storm around here, so it would be a welcome change of pace. Until then, she supposed it would be best for her to get outside for a bit- heaven knows how long she had shut herself inside just because she had no reason to leave her home. So she put some simplistic clothes on- a white off-the-shoulder top and some jeans- and wandered outside. Where she would go, she had no clue yet. But she'd figure it out...eventually.

[color=#000080]Icaurs Umbra- 21?-male- Enigma leader- tags:none[color]
Resting in a chair in his study, a particular vampire sipped on his tea, lost in thought- most of which consisted of countless worries. There were extremely specific reasons as to why he had chosen to vacation in this town nearly a decade ago. The primary two were to A- To get away from everything vampire-related, especially his responsibilities as a sect leader. This town was far, far away from all that, and B- there was only one or two other vampires here when he had arrived-rogues, at that. So he had been biding his time here, living as close to a human life as possible. He had bought a nice home and a car, got himself a part-time job at a cozy little cafe-bookstore combo. Furthermore, he had even attempted to go on some dates over the years- most of which didn't go anywhere, or simply didn't end well. Granted, he did have to satisfy his vampiric urges, but he was making it work- use his abilities to grab some blood the local hospital was getting ready to throw out, and store it in empty wine bottles...but things have been changing. Now the vampire population here is rapidly increasing, and it is starting to get on his nerves. As a clan leader, he could very well have declared this enigma territory and kicked out any and all non-enigma vampires. But no, he was nice, so long as there weren't a ton of others here. " I should've just claimed the territory when I got here...." he muttered to himself grumpily as he stood up, moving to leave his study and look out a window to check the weather. Overcast, with a slight breeze accompanied by the scent of rain in the air- it would be storming later, perhaps sooner. With a bit of hesitance the male put a black jacket over his light grey shirt and ventured outside. Perhaps it was time to see just what all kinds of vamps he was dealing with- so help them if another clan was trying to claim the town.
owl0430

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:30 pm

Annika Dey Kairo- f- 22- July 4- Vampire- Enigma- Fire- Bi; Icarus, but open- SO: open- has a kitty- Tags: open

The short female hummed and looked around a short moment. Blue eyes blinked, and looked down to her hand a moment. She stared at the scar the stupid wolf had given her...The playful and kind one had been just a child. The stubborn and hard headed one had thought it was a dog. So she’d tried to pet it, and gotten hurt, and...this was why she liked cats! You could actually tell if it was a cat or not. Anyway, the human disliking one shook out long and wavy golden brown hair.

Yuri Handa- m- 20- Dec 25- human- homo; open- SO: open- Has a service dog- Japanese- wants to find his siblings- Tags: open

The short male hummed and shook his black haired head. Said hair reached his shoulders, and he blinked brown eyes. He hummed as he adjusted his blue glasses. The sweet and gentle but stubborn and anxious male sighed...The book and animal liking, loud sound and sudden movement disliking one gulped. He was thinking of his siblings...Two of the three triplets had been taken. They’d be sixteen now, and he was always on the lookout for them. The only boy, Haru, still cried himself to sleep...He was in high school now, but still Yuri would hear him crying.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:13 pm

Ambrosia "Rosie" Martin|21|Female|Vita (leader)|Location: outside, under a tree|tags: open
Rosie, decked out in full sleeves and an oversized sun hat, hauled her large anatomy book outside her cramped cottage. It was well below her means, but as a college student, she ought to be proud of it's relatively cheap rent. She sighed contentedly as she settled herself down in the safe shadows of a large tree, and flipped her book open to a page she had marked, brushing the paper with her highligher whenever she found a particularly interesting passage.
Although she had this information long memorized, it comforted her to go over the familar words, and she knew that there had indeed been medical advancements since she'd read the last version of this book ten years prior. It would be good to freshen up before her practicals, which were quickly approaching. She couldn't imagine how someone absorbed all this information with much less time than her.
Ah, living forever did have it's perks

Emmerson Taylor|19|Male|Caeli|Location: Main street|tags: open
"No, you don't understand, I didn't mean it like that!" Emmerson was practically shouting at the shopkeeper, who continued glaring and shooed him out.
Perhaps it hadn't been Emmerson's best idea to proclaim that the signature dish "Tasted like rotten toenails." Loudly. In the middle of the restaurant. During peak times. But it was true, and the truth should be heard.
He shook his head at the nerve of people, and yanked his hood over his head, sticking to the shadow of the buildings. It was almost dark out, but it never hurt to be careful, a lesson that had taken Emmerson much too long to learn.
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me