▬「 kinemortophobia 」

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

▬「 kinemortophobia 」

Postby guar » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:43 pm

kinemortophobiaboobooboobooboobooboobooboobooboobooboobooboobooboobooboobooboobooboo

booboo↠ from the greek kine, meaning "motion", and morto, meaning "dead", the fear of zombies
guar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▬「 overview 」

Postby guar » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:44 pm

an illness rampaged the world about five years ago. it is unknown exactly how the virus began nor
where it came from - there were many theories when laboratories were still functioning and working
on a cure. the world is in shambles and society has collapsed entirely though small groups and safe
zones do exist, for better or for worse. buildings are derelict and falling apart and most shops and
malls have been stripped bare of their resources, though there is the chance of finding some that
haven’t been completely cleared out, mainly because infected are often found in these areas making
them unsafe to enter and loot.

the roleplay is set in a semi-suburban area where there is a nearby city which has long-since been over
ran. examples of locations include houses, apartment complexes, hotels, shops, cafes, restaurants,
malls, train stations, office buildings, parks, etc. there is also a small amusement park located a few
miles away from the city, surrounded by fields. these are all examples of locations but you have full
creative liberty of where you place your characters. some areas of the city have been sectioned off
by former army attempts to control the virus, these places still contain zombies but to a far lesser
extent.
guar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▬「 the infection 」

Postby guar » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:44 pm

most laboratories who came close to understanding it were overrun or destroyed before information
became public. there are multiple ways for the pathogen to be contracted, particularly getting an
infected bodily fluid (blood, bile, saliva, etc.) directly into the bloodstream causes infection, fever,
and death. so, bites, scratches and any bodily harm caused by an infected has the potential to kill.
there are ways to avoid being killed by this, though, as long as you’re okay with losing whatever
appendage has been infected. a corpse can reanimate between three minutes and eight hours after
death - although quicker reanimation is possible, just incredibly rare. some of the infected appear
to be covered in fungus and any damage done to the body which pierces the skin or destroys the
brain causes infectious spores to be released, a warning sign of spores being released are convulsions
of the body beforehand. inhaling these spores also leads to contracting the infection, displaying the
same symptoms as when it is contracted through bodily fluid. the one difference between being
infected through spores and fluid is the fact that those infected by the spores periodically suffer
from seizures and are generally more dangerous to be around as the fungus begins to grow out of their
body in a variety of places.
guar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▬「 the infected 」

Postby guar » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:45 pm

the infected have the ability to detect and differentiate smells between the living and the dead.
darkness seems to have little effect on infected senses at close range, and in areas devoid of light
they can still find their way around as they would in the day. individual strength depends on the
physical makeup of the host and on how long they have been reanimated. when attacking, the
infected often become more lively, exhibiting full-body effort, and can produce enough force to
quickly overwhelm an adult.

the infected feel no pain and are not deterred by it. although slow and seemingly unintelligent
when not active, they can react quickly to sufficient stimulation, and can rapidly overpower a
victim they have taken by surprise. though their bodies are no more or less durable than a
non-decomposed human body, they can absorb all manner of physical damage, even when badly
decomposed. anything other than a head attack or spinal cord severance leaves them seemingly
unfazed. as long as their brain remains intact, everything that is attached to the brain can continue
to function as normal, even if only the skull remains and is severed from the body. the bodies of
the infected don't decompose like regular human corpses, taking far longer.

other than a mostly intact brain, infected don't appear to require any vital systems or organ
functions to survive, although their ambulatory functions do decrease as their level of decomposition
increases. sufficient physical damage can slow them down, or render them incapacitated. infected
don't require sustenance by eating. a reanimated body responds to stimuli such as light, smell, and
noise. though infected retain a physical resemblance to the living, cognitive similarities are almost
non-existent beyond low-level functions. they have enough intelligence to walk upright, to use
their bodies to break objects, and to climb around or over somewhat small obstacles such as
chain-link fences. infected can ascend and descend staircases, albeit very clumsily and slowly. they
cannot generally operate doors or gates and tend to bash through obstacles or at least try to.

mostly, infected are void of any emotional expression and thought. when stimulated, whether by
noise, sight of prey, or simply encountering a problem they cannot solve, such as being unable to
open a locked door, they quickly descend into a state of murderous aggression. if they spot prey
when stimulated, they can pursue them ceaselessly, showing ravenous hunger. infected are not
hunters, however, and take no concern in alerting their victims or trying to hunt them with intelligence,
always seeming to roar, grunt, and growl whenever they are on a hunt - they lack speech capabilities.
infected are not shown to be able to communicate with others by any means, though they will
frequently copy the actions they witness other infected perform, such as bashing on a door or moving
in a group, eventually forming a herd.
guar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▬「 symptom fliers 」

Postby guar » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:45 pm

booboobooboobooboobooboobooboobooboob
┌─────────────────────┐

x
🇸‌🇾‌🇲‌🇵‌🇹‌🇴‌🇲‌🇸‌ 🇴‌🇫‌ 🇮‌🇳‌🇫‌🇪‌🇨‌🇹‌🇮‌🇴‌🇳‌
🇩‌🇮‌🇸‌🇵‌🇦‌🇹‌🇨‌🇭‌ 🇴‌🇫‌ 🇮‌🇲‌🇲‌🇪‌🇩‌🇮‌🇦‌🇹‌🇪‌🇱‌🇾‌

🇸‌🇾‌🇲‌🇵‌🇹‌🇴‌🇲‌🇸‌ 🇴‌🇫‌ 🇮‌🇳‌🇫‌🇪‌🇨‌🇹‌🇮‌🇴‌🇳‌ 🇩‌🇮‌🇸‌🇵‌🇦‌🇹‌🇨‌🇭‌ 🇴‌🇫‌ 🇮‌🇲‌🇲‌🇪‌🇩‌🇮‌🇦‌🇹‌🇪‌🇱‌🇾‌
dizziness.
delirium & hallucinations.
fever.
weakness and fatigue.
nausea & vomiting.
spontaneous aggression or anger.
paranoia.
hyperactive fight-or-flight response.
dilated pupils.
pale yellow sclera and bloodshot eyes.
pale skin.

└─────────────────────┘
guar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▬「 rules 」

Postby guar » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:46 pm

rules
          » tess’ rules cs’ rules apply
          » post forms on the discussion thread [found here]
          » no limit on characters, just make sure you can handle them all
          » ask for permission to kill other people's characters
          » avoid one-liners if possible, give your roleplaying partner more than just a sentence to work with
          » while the situation is fiction, don't be unrealistic - characters can be hurt and fatigues, keep this
          » in mind if roleplaying action-heavy scenes where harm or exhaustion of characters is likely.
          » be polite, if you cause issues ooc you will be kicked
guar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▬「 characters 」

Postby guar » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:46 pm

name - age - gender - user

thomas cartwright - twenty-three - male - pestilence.
          jayden smith - nineteen - male - pipsquawk
          abigail-rose davis - nineteen - female - pestilence.
          kaden smith - twenty-one - male - pipsquawk
          blue williams - eighteen - male - strawbs.
          seong hyun-tae - twenty-seven - male - strawbs.
          arsinoe westwood - nineteen - female - axelandria
          naomi blanchard - twenty-three - female - reign;
          alaina fellan - twenty - female - yupitreallyisme
Last edited by guar on Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
guar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▬「 announcements 」

Postby guar » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:58 am

the roleplay is now open - post forms on the discussion thread found here
guar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▬「 res 」

Postby guar » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:58 am

[res]
guar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▬「 thomas; one 」

Postby guar » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:02 am

🇹‌🇭‌🇴‌🇲‌🇦‌🇸‌ 🇨‌🇦‌🇷‌🇹‌🇼‌🇷‌🇮‌🇬‌🇭‌🇹‌‌
      ────────────────────────────────────────────indent
      [ twenty-three ] [ male ] [ pansexual ] [ gas station ] [ tagged ;; n/a ]

────────────────────────────────────────────indent
      An abandoned bowling alley really wasn’t much but hey, it was home for Thomas. It was pretty easy to defend since there weren’t many exits, not to mention the fact that it had a fair bit of food and such left inside it although they were really only snacks such as packets of crisps or roasted peanuts. Even so, that was pretty good if you asked the twenty-three year old. He was sitting back in what used to be the office, now being converted into some kind of living quarters for the survivor. There was an air vent nearby which meant if in the unlikely situation where the bowling alley was overrun he could safely retreat. Clothes were strewn about on the floor, most of them being ones that Thomas had outgrown so he was mainly using those to pad up the makeshift bed on the floor; anything soft and nice to lay on was immediately put towards where he had to sleep, he had even managed to find some pillows and torn the cushioning on some of the seating in the alley so he managed to sleep pretty well.

Currently chewing on one of his necklaces - it was a nervous habit of his - and winding cloth and duct tape around his arms, keeping his joints free as he did so Thomas had been planning on going out on a supply run for quite a while now since his own sources of food were quickly dwindling according to his journal at least. He had about a weeks’ worth of food with rationing being considered so he wanted to go and try to top up if he was able to. The other upside to setting his base in the bowling alley was the fact that it was just on the outskirts of the main city, quiet enough for him to move around relatively freely but still had enough risk of hordes of undead passing through if he drew too much attention to himself. With an empty knapsack on his back to fill with whatever he could find, he set off.

Thomas decided not to test his luck in the city just yet, instead approaching a gas station which looked to be pretty ransacked already which did not do many wonders for his hope. Even so, there was no harm checking for anything worthwhile. First of all he tossed a small rock inside, the front door was hanging on its hinges and looked ready to fall at the slightest disturbance. The clattering stone didn’t draw out any zombies which put Thomas’ mind slightly at ease while he ventured inside, gripping his handaxe as he flicked his gaze down each of the aisles, stepping slowly and carefully, wincing occasionally at the crunch of glass beneath his feet. He kept readjusting his grip on his axe while he moved, a low whistle leaving him in a last attempt to draw out any potential undead to avoid the risk of being caught off-guard. So far, nothing, but then he heard some scratching at a door. Bingo.

Approaching the door, he reached for the doorknob, twisting it slowly and grunting softly when he noticed it was locked. At least that held some hope of there being something worthwhile inside. He pulled away and sucked in a breath, glancing around behind the counter for the keys to the room, disappointed to find nothing. Okay then, time to be reckless. He wound his arms back over his head before bringing the axe down onto the door, splintering the wood and making the zombie far more active. It sounded like only one was in there. Well, he already hit it once so there was no use pausing and wasting time. Once, twice, thrice, he continued to carve into the wooden door, making a hole just large enough for him to look inside, coming face to face with the unsightly undead within. Based on the uniform, it looked like this was once the cashier.

Once he had the door open and the zombie dealt with, the entirely lifeless body crumpled in the doorway, Thomas noticed the set of keys attached to it’s belt. Huh, so that was where they were. Looking at the broken mess of what was once the door, Thomas figured they weren’t much use anymore. He set his knapsack down on the nearby table and began to scavenge through what he could find on the shelves. Unfortunately, there wasn’t much. There were some canned goods and miscellaneous packets, though, so they were quickly stuffed into the nearby bag, nearby cloth also going inside to avoid the items clinking and making noise while he moved.
guar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me